Thread: 13-year-old Broadway star Laurel Griggs died of asthma

13-year-old Broadway star Laurel Griggs died of asthma

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/10/13-ye...eath-revealed/

The cause of death for 13-year-old Broadway actress Laurel Griggs was revealed Sunday as tributes flooded social media for the up-and-coming star.

Griggs who debuted on Broadway at age 6 and had appearances on Saturday Night Live died on Nov. 5th in New York City after suffering a massive asthma attack, her family told The Post.

The teen thespian was rushed to Mount Sinai Hospital, where doctors tried to save her to no avail, according to her grandfather.

"The world lost a real princess who only wanted to make the future happy for all," grandfather David Rivlin said in a Facebook message. "Acting was a just a childhood dream come true and she had big plans for the future."

Griggs made her Broadway debut alongside the actress Scarlett Johansson in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, according to her IMDB page. She then joined the production of Once, where she had the longest run in the role of Ivanka.

While working in the industry, Griggs attended the Clinton School in the Chelsea neighborhood, which closed for a half-day on Friday, the day of her funeral service at Park West-Riverside Chapels, according to her family.

Fellow cast members took to social media in the wake of her death to remember the sweet young actress.

"My @oncemusical family tragically lost one of our youngest members this past week," wrote actor Lucas Papaelias in an Instagram post on Sunday. "We are heartbroken & devastated" We will never forget this sweet, talented, young soul."

Her family said a remembrance service will be held Sunday afternoon in Chelsea to celebrate her life.

Last edited by up2trouble; 11-10-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    This doesn't sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    This doesn't sound right.
    As an asthmatic, I believe it is right. A lot of things can trigger it. I also have severe allergies and I can't be desensitized. Being in close proximity to a dog can set off my asthma. Along with starting me trying to scratch my skin off due to the itching, and my throat feels like I swallowed a big ball of animal fur. Let's not forget the boy who died after inhaling fumes from cooking fish. He had allergies and asthma too. http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...on+Jean-Pierre This is a serious issue!

P.S. Every time I go to see my allergy/asthma doctor, I tell him I want a cat but a dog is ok too. He laughs at me.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 11-10-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    It is a very serious issue. And children are the most vulnerable. My heart breaks for her family.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    As an asthmatic, I believe it is right. A lot of things can trigger it. I also have severe allergies and I can't be desensitized. Being in close proximity to a dog can set off my asthma. Along with starting me trying to scratch my skin off due to the itching, and my throat feels like I swallowed a big ball of animal fur. Let's not forget the boy who died after inhaling fumes from cooking fish. He had allergies and asthma too. http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...on+Jean-Pierre This is a serious issue!

P.S. Every time I go to see my allergy/asthma doctor, I tell him I want a cat but a dog is ok too. He laughs at me.
    I suffer from asthma too. I've had quite a few family members who have suffered from it. It's one of the most common allergies. What didn't seem right is the public finding out a week later. Not that it's the public business.

I suffer from asthma too. I've had quite a few family members who have suffered from it. It's one of the most common allergies. What didn't seem right is the public finding out a week later. Not that it's the public business.
    If I had to guess, I would say that they wanted some private time to grieve. Living in the public eye can't be easy.

I've worked in healthcare for years and this is definitely in the top 10 worst ways to go; it isn't quick and the person is absolutely (and understandably) TERRIFIED. Asthma is a very sinister condition and the lack of attention it receives research-wise is appalling. Why are we wasting time designing drugs like Addyi to get women horny and not better treatment options for asthma?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHag42 View Post
    I've worked in healthcare for years and this is definitely in the top 10 worst ways to go; it isn't quick and the person is absolutely (and understandably) TERRIFIED. Asthma is a very sinister condition and the lack of attention it receives research-wise is appalling. Why are we wasting time designing drugs like Addyi to get women horny and not better treatment options for asthma?
    I would ask why you have a problem with that particular drug, as opposed to all the designer drugs we've popped out and worked to enhance for men to have boners? I'm not saying we don't need better asthma treatments, but I am curious why you singled that ONE drug out.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I would ask why you have a problem with that particular drug, as opposed to all the designer drugs we've popped out and worked to enhance for men to have boners? I'm not saying we don't need better asthma treatments, but I am curious why you singled that ONE drug out.
    Lady boners are bad? I have no idea.

Lady boners are bad? I have no idea.

It just seems like a conservative, fundie mysoginistic thing to me because women aren't allowed to enjoy sex or want to have a sex drive like men, ......but maybe I am wrong.

Thread Information