Page 337 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 437 837 1337 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Quote Originally Posted by Bas Rutten View Post
    I'm not describing weightlifters at all. Pretty much girls that are in at least semi-shape and come to the gym to tone, add muscle, etc. Really though, I think any woman 120 lbs or so could do this much easier than some think. Much easier. Especially given the circumstances.
    I respect your opinion, but being a female that works out I can tell you it's not easy by any means, but it's doable for certain. And I'd also say that there are most likely many females that aren't capable. It depends on the person. I'm not saying Jodi isn't capable, but I do know that she doesn't have the muscle mass I have and it's a workout in itself for me. Here's a video of a journalist doing CPAT training for experiment. She says she doesn't work out much and she weighs 120 pounds. By the time she does the dummy drag she is tired from the previous exercises. I assume Jodi probably felt the same exhaustion after fighting to overpower a 200 pound man who, as stated by the ME, gave one hell of a fight. If you don't want to watch the whole vid skip to 1:54. This dummy weighed 150 pounds, so add to that another 50lbs for Travis' size. Oh, and she is also dragging this 150lb dummy by the convenience of straps.

My only point for getting involved in this argument to begin with is that I don't think she dragged Travis anywhere. I think he was in motion himself in the hall.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassHat View Post
    I see how it could appear that way to some, but here's why I don't think she was dragging him in this pic; 1) Travis was a big guy, as we all know. Wouldn't it be a more logical choice to drag him by his feet than by his arms? She's standing behind him in this
    I think it's safe to say logic and rational thought aren't Jodi's strong suits

Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    But if it's above her then who was camera? Was she holding it with her left hand or was it falling?
    I was thinking maybe she had a camera strap. Or she could have just tossed it on the blanket she used to drag him. Then just wadded it up on accident and tossed it into the wash.

I think what most of us are saying is that you're not just going to drag someone of Travis' size like he's a rag doll as some females have implied. Additionally, you're describing weight lifters and those accustomed with working out. We're talking about a 5"4 and 115 pound Jodi. Adrenalin or not, she's not going to do it easily, but it definitely isn't impossible.
    I'm sorry, is all this debate over a 100% subjective statement? What am I missing? Just because YOU can't do something easily doesn't mean others --myself included-are equally incapable. If someone here says they can do/have done it with ease, they're probably telling the truth. There's no need for calling bullshit.

I respect your opinion, but being a female that works out I can tell you it's not easy by any means, but it's doable for certain. And I'd also say that there are most likely many females that aren't capable. It depends on the person. I'm not saying Jodi isn't capable, but I do know that she doesn't have the muscle mass I have and it's a workout in itself for me. Here's a video of a journalist doing CPAT training for experiment. She says she doesn't work out much and she weighs 120 pounds. By the time she does the dummy drag she is tired from the previous exercises. I assume Jodi probably felt the same exhaustion after fighting to overpower a 200 pound man who, as stated by the ME, gave one hell of a fight. If you don't want to watch the whole vid skip to 1:54. This dummy weighed 150 pounds, so add to that another 50lbs for Travis' size. Oh, and she is also dragging this 150lb dummy by the convenience of straps.

My only point for getting involved in this argument to begin with is that I don't think she dragged Travis anywhere. I think he was in motion himself in the hall.

Valid points, except: the reporter stairclimbed for 3 and a half minutes, drug 50 feet of hose while wearing a 50 lb. vest, carries 2-3? saws weighing 35lbs., did a ladder raise (rope pull i think), and simulated a door/wall break, which took her 20 hits, some exercise where she looks for the victim?, THEN dragging the victim. That would wear me out lol. All Jodi had to do was a simple adrenaline fueled stab to the chest. Jodi didnt have a pre-workout.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    I think it's safe to say logic and rational thought aren't Jodi's strong suits

I was thinking maybe she had a camera strap. Or she could have just tossed it on the blanket she used to drag him. Then just wadded it up on accident and tossed it into the wash.

I'm sorry, is all this debate over a 100% subjective statement? What am I missing? Just because YOU can't do something easily doesn't mean others --myself included-are equally incapable. If someone here says they can do/have done it with ease, they're probably telling the truth. There's no need for calling bullshit.
    Oh, I call bullshit. Sorry, NO 5"2, 115 pound woman is going to drag a 200 pound man with ease. She CAN move him. With ease not so much. And I'm not being snarky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas Rutten View Post
    Valid points, except: the reporter stairclimbed for 3 and a half minutes, drug 50 feet of hose while wearing a 50 lb. vest, carries 2-3? saws weighing 35lbs., did a ladder raise (rope pull i think), and simulated a door/wall break, which took her 20 hits, some exercise where she looks for the victim?, THEN dragging the victim. That would wear me out lol. All Jodi had to do was a simple adrenaline fueled stab to the chest. Jodi didnt have a pre-workout.
    Right, that girl did exhausting exercises before the drag, but that's what I meant by saying it was probably comparable to the exhaustion Jodi experienced by trying to overpower Travis. She didn't just stab him and overtake him. There was a strong fight, according to the ME based on defensive wounds.Jodi was probably as equally as worn out. I do agree with you that adrenalin plays a big factor in strength, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanwasdrunk View Post
    I see the picture a little different. I see Jodi's back towards the camera as she is kneeling down. I think the picture was taken right in the middle of them fighting. She was over him stabbing and he using his hands to deflect the blows. Probably dropped the camera right then and it snapped the picture. I don't see a foot.

The pants leg theory makes sense too, because I can see the stripe on the pants. There is also a pair of striped pants or shorts in the evidence bag (in the crime photos) The pants leg stripe looks to be blue in the blurry picture that Jodi took. I didn't see any blue striped pants/shorts in the evidence bag. Only a pair of black pants with the white stripe.

If Jodi is wearing a pair of those running pants with the stripe down them in the picture....there must also be a pair of them in all the evidence? Does anybody know where it is?

Oh.. And I'm not being snarky.
    Oh, but you are! It's difficult for anyone to have an opinion here that differs from yours because you won't tolerate it.
    Let's get along and respect all opinions here. Lots of people here think JA was EASILY capable of dragging his body back to the shower. Why don't we leave it at that. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by tawnidilly View Post
    She had to be slipping and maybe falling too. If the tile was as wet as it seems, there is no way she could have stayed up the whole time
    I wonder if that's why she put on shoes? There is a shoe print in blood in the the hall. Or maybe she already had her shoes on during the attack.

Oh, I call bullshit. Sorry, NO 5"2, 115 pound woman is going to drag a 200 pound man with ease. She CAN move him. With ease not so much. And I'm not being snarky.
    I think that when people say that she could "easily" do it, they don't necessarily mean that it was "easy", just that it could definitely be done. I don't think anyone is claiming that it was "easy", just that it was possible.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Quote Originally Posted by DenverClipper View Post
    Oh, but you are! It's difficult for anyone to have an opinion here that differs from yours because you won't tolerate it.
    Let's get along and respect all opinions here. Lots of people here think JA was EASILY capable of dragging his body back to the shower. Why don't we leave it at that. Ok?
    And a lot of people don't. So, no. That's not snark, it's an opinion and I'm going to express it. You certainly don't have to agree with it.

I've known a few nurses that have picked up some pretty big men. Lots of nursing home nurses and hospital nurses pick up patients. Some are dead weight

The night my grandfather had a stroke in the bathroom, I dragged him a short distance to the living room floor so the EMT's could easily get him. He's was bleeding everywhere from his fall into the bathtub. I did have to go to the chiro. two days later. Pulled my back.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I've known a few nurses that have picked up some pretty big men. Lots of nursing home nurses and hospital nurses pick up patients. Some are dead weight

The night my grandfather had a stroke in the bathroom, I dragged him a short distance to the living room floor so the EMT's could easily get him. He's was bleeding everywhere from his fall into the bathtub. I did have to go to the chiro. two days later. Pulled my back.
    Yeah, it being possible isn't in dispute. At least not by me. The women that seem to want to claim they're Hercules is where I'm calling bullshit. Like I said, I don't think Travis was being dragged in the hall, anyway. I think he was still alive until the bathroom. But, if he was dragged just down the hall way and into the shower it would not have been an easy task. Not for a 5"2, 115 pound woman. Not even on a slick, tile floor. That's all I'm saying.

On a different note, I have a couple pics that I don't think have been seen. I pm'd Mike to see if I can post them, so I'm awaiting his response. I'm not sure what can be posted and what can't.

I wonder how in the heck she was able to stuff him in that small shower? If she was dragging him, she would have had to step in the shower first to pull him in there. Such a small space.

Then I am confused by all the media reports saying she tried to clean up the scene. Huh? It doesn't look like she tried to clean up anything. Maybe just her own body. All that blood around the sink would have been pretty easy to clean up with a little water. I don't think she tried to clean up anything except proof of her being there.

If Jodi is wearing a pair of those running pants with the stripe down them in the picture....there must also be a pair of them in all the evidence? Does anybody know where it is?
    I don't believe those pants were found anywhere. If she was wearing them during the attack, they were probably covered in blood. She probably got rid of them somewhere in the desert.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

I wonder how in the heck she was able to stuff him in that small shower? If she was dragging him, she would have had to step in the shower first to pull him in there. Such a small space.

Then I am confused by all the media reports saying she tried to clean up the scene. Huh? It doesn't look like she tried to clean up anything. Maybe just her own body. All that blood around the sink would have been pretty easy to clean up with a little water. I don't think she tried to clean up anything except proof of her being there.
    There was water used in the hallway, so she may have started to try and clean up, but gave up shortly afterwards.

On a different note, I have a couple pics that I don't think have been seen. I pm'd Mike to see if I can post them, so I'm awaiting his response. I'm not sure what can be posted and what can't.
    What do they depict?

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    There was water used in the hallway, so she may have started to try and clean up, but gave up shortly afterwards.
    Was that why the white box had watery looking blood on it?

Thanks

According to the blood spatter expert, a lot of blood was diluted. I may be wrong, but I took the way she described it to mean that the perpetrator (Jodi) was just throwing water here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    And wasn't there one of the towels from the bathroom in the washing machine? And I think JA threw bleach in the load trying to destroy evidence.

Was that why the white box had watery looking blood on it?

Thanks
    I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverClipper View Post
    And wasn't there one of the towels from the bathroom in the washing machine? And I think JA threw bleach in the load trying to destroy evidence.
    I don't remember which items were in the washer and which were in the dryer. One load appeared to have been stained by something like bleach. There was a towel in with the evidence.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...#slide=1946636 Pictures 47-53ish show the TILE hallway.

ETA: Picture 55 shows blood on the carpet just outside of where the tile starts... like a foot or 2.

Edit again: Picture 74 shows Ron's worst nightmare.
    I hope somebody didn't already cover this because I have a couple more pages to read. It looks like there is blood at the very beginning of the carpet. It's possible his head was on the carpet and the rest of his body was on the tile. That would be mean it would still be able to drag him since most of his body is on tile.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    I hope somebody didn't already cover this because I have a couple more pages to read. It looks like there is blood at the very beginning of the carpet. It's possible his head was on the carpet and the rest of his body was on the tile. That would be mean it would still be able to drag him since most of his body is on tile.
    I'm pretty sure that is what happened.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tawnidilly View Post
    Here is a picture someone did to try and explain the court picture. Not my picture.
    In this picture, I see carpet next to her foot on the bottom left side. I bet this is where the tile and carpet meet. Or it could be sheet. Either way, it looks like some type of material.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

In this picture, I see carpet next to her foot on the bottom left side. I bet this is where the tile and carpet meet. Or it could be sheet. Either way, it looks like some type of material.
    I'm wondering if it's one of the flip flops that looks like it has carpet covered soles?

I think the stuffing him in the shower would be a bigger feat than dragging him down the tile floor. I think she would have to step into the shower as well and that's why his body is somewhat at an angle.

It also looks like he was still bleeding while he was in the shower. If you look at the shower pic, he has some blood spatter along the gash in his neck. There is no blood anywhere else (except his mouth and nose, but that's not what I am talking about) so Jodi would have had to clean up his body. Possibly turning the shower on. But even after the shower was turned off, he still bled a little. In order to continue to bleed, your heart still has to be pumping. I think he was still alive, but incapacitated, when placed in the shower.

There is also blood spatter on the sink, so he was standing in front of the sink at some point. Maybe he was standing at the sink when the wound was inflicted, he took off down the hall, she takes off after him, he collapses at the end of the hall, where the carpet begins, and she starts the drag back to the bathroom.

Yes. And, just because there are drag marks on the heels of his feet doesn't mean she drug him head first down the entire hall. The drag marks don't seem to be that bad. Maybe she did drag him down the hall by his feet, made it to the bathroom, turned him around (it wouldn't take much to spin someone around on tile) and drug him upper body first towards the shower.

He only had three defensive wounds on his hands, right? Two small and one larger one? This is not a fight for your life (for two minutes). If the attack took about two minutes and he was fighting for his life, I would think there would be defensive wounds all over his hands and arms. Not just three. She attacked him, he had enough gusto to fight for a few seconds, and became incapacitated. In those few seconds is where he received the defensive wounds. Of course, this is my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    It also looks like he was still bleeding while he was in the shower. If you look at the shower pic, he has some blood spatter along the gash in his neck. There is no blood anywhere else (except his mouth and nose, but that's not what I am talking about) so Jodi would have had to clean up his body. Possibly turning the shower on. But even after the shower was turned off, he still bled a little. In order to continue to bleed, your heart still has to be pumping. I think he was still alive, but incapacitated, when placed in the shower.
    This is kind of gross, but there was testimony that the wound was bubbling when he was found because gas was escaping. So the spatter around his neck would could have been caused by that and not active bleeding.

I have wondered why she put him in the shower and didn't just leave him in the hall. I think that maybe she did turn the shower on to try to get rid of DNA evidence, much like she washed the sheets to get rid of DNA evidence.

Thread Information