Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Cadotte (23) is charged in crash that killed toddler

Driver of fatal accident in Bayfield County has lengthy driving record

Washburn, WI (Northland's NewsCenter) - Some disturbing information is emerging about Chelsea Cadotte, the driver, in the fatal car accident that claimed the life of a 2 year old girl.

Cadotte was cited twice in 2008 for underage drinking and her driver's license was suspended.

Between 2008 and 2012, she was cited three times for driving with a suspended driver's license and twice for driving without insurance.

Later in 2008, she was fined for driving without a seatbelt.

In October of 2011, Cadotte was fined for speeding up to fifteen miles per hour over the 55 mile per hour limit.

The investigation into the fatal accident continues.

http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/...163622906.html

Mike Nichols column: Mom in crash failed her children

Chelsea Cadotte — a young Bayfield woman prosecutors allege flipped her SUV off the side of Highway 13 and ruined, or ended, the lives of her children — has a perplexingly beautiful Facebook page.

At the very top is a large picture of two angelic, tow-headed little kids swinging joyously in the sunlight, their shadows beneath them and something unseen, above the frame, that they clearly had trust in up above.

Little kids are amazing that way. They have unquestioning faith in the things that hold them aloft and keep them from tumbling earthward — and not just chains on a swing set. Parents, too.

Cadotte had three kids and beside the picture of the two on swings is another of an even younger child, smiling.

I don’t know when the pictures were taken, but the accident was on July 23, and there have surely been a lot of tears since then. Prosecutors allege that none of the children was restrained in a car seat or with a seat belt and that all were ejected. Cadotte’s 6-year-old suffered a broken hip and a broken leg. Her 4-year-old has a traumatic brain injury and is in a coma. Her 15-year-old younger sister ended up with two broken wrists and a broken leg. Her 2-year-old was either “seated or standing in a booster seat,” but was not restrained in it, according to a criminal complaint. She is dead.

After I sent Chelsea Cadotte a message on Facebook, I received one back stating that she doesn’t think she acted recklessly. I am including virtually the entire message so readers can deduce for themselves whether she is either repentant or accepting of responsibility.

“i know it was up to me to buckle them i dont think i acted recklessly i did everything i could do at that moment to keep us from hitting a telephone poll i would have taken any of the passengers conditions over mine it was an accident that’s what alot of people don’t understand i love my kids and would have done anything for them im not a bad mom im not the only person who has had problems with kids getting out of the carseats or buckles their kids but i am the only one that crashed all i know is that I would trade anything in the world or do anything to have my life the same as it was before the crash,” she wrote.

Some folks will say Bayfield County District Attorney Craig Haukaas is cruel to charge a mother who simply failed to put her kids in seat belts with second-degree reckless homicide and three counts of first-degree reckless injury. I, frankly, think he was more than justified.

She has a horrific driving record that includes two tickets for not buckling her kids while driving and two others for apparently not buckling herself. It’s that history, Haukaas said in an interview, that establishes the recklessness.

She was, the district attorney told me, “given multiple occasions to reform her behavior.” And she did, in fact, reform it in one way. According to the complaint, while the 23-year-old failed to buckle any of her kids into car seats or put them in seat belts, she herself was wearing one at the time of the accident.

On some level, she apparently knew that a seat belt made her safer, but she ignored the same reality for her kids, if the complaint is accurate.

Cadotte has not yet entered a plea. If found guilty, she could eventually receive up to 100 years — although I’d wager she’ll get a couple at most.

Whatever she gets, you hope her kids, those who are still living, end up with something as well: some explanation as to how, if prosecutors are right, a young mother could profess to love her children and yet so violate their trust.

Mike Nichols is a syndicated columnist, author and senior fellow at the Wisconsin Policy Research Institute. The views expressed in his column are his own. Reach him at MRNichols@wi.rr.com.

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/art...d-her-children

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    what a disgusting bitch. pure fucking lazy white trash. too lazy to buckle her kids into their car seats properly, but self centered enough to buckle herself in.

also, did anyone else notice that in her *glamour shots,* (lulzzzzzzzzzz) that fucking cunt still has stitches in her head from the accident. ugh. it should have been her who died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    what a disgusting bitch. pure fucking lazy white trash. too lazy to buckle her kids into their car seats properly, but self centered enough to buckle herself in.

also, did anyone else notice that in her *glamour shots,* (lulzzzzzzzzzz) that fucking cunt still has stitches in her head from the accident. ugh. it should have been her who died.
    I didn't notice that until you mentioned it (blinded by her beauty of course).

I thought it was a bad home hair dye stain. Good pick up.

i noticed that too but didn't think too closely about it. i just figures it was a strange place for a barrette and moved on.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

it should have been her who died.
    I can't argue with you there. And you know most mothers would wish for that too. Have your kid killed in a car wreck, you'd want to trade places with them, but apparently Ms. Chelsea is made of sterner stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I thought it was a cockroach hair pin.

So wait... the "before" picture in the first post was taken after the accident?

Quote Originally Posted by StarrySky87 View Post

Before

I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Yes. Unless she had staples in her head from some other accident.

Haha, I really didn't think someone could be such an asshole to post photos of themselves smiling and making out after their kids got killed, so I wrote "before" ... Geeeeeeez!!!

Haha, I really didn't think someone could be such an asshole to post photos of themselves smiling and making out after their kids got killed, so I wrote "before" ... Geeeeeeez!!!
    If you read the comments that is why people are so pissed about the pictures on her FB. They say it is from a couple weeks after the kidkid died.

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

Aaaawwww, she's so happy!! Wow, I'm speechless. Fuck you. Oh, and get a dictionary.

"Chelsea Cadotte
    Montag via Handy
    had a greatt day so unexpected to get engaged it was swesome luv u ed boyd we r not gettin married right away we r waitin till after my court stuff goes down"

Aaaawwww, she's so happy!! Wow, I'm speechless. Fuck you. Oh, and get a dictionary.

"Chelsea Cadotte
    Montag via Handy
    had a greatt day so unexpected to get engaged it was swesome luv u ed boyd we r not gettin married right away we r waitin till after my court stuff goes down"
    You know that "court stuff" where they determine if I'm a lazy-ass baby killer and send me away for life. But I'm registered at Walmart! Gah she's something else.

Words fail me.
    If anything were to happen to my son, I think I would die myself. Let alone if it was my negligence that casued him harm.
    Her behavior is disgusting.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

I cant post her message before that but looks like she is taking the 5 years in prison and 7 probation. In the post she is bitching that the people that are taking care of her kids are not doing a good job and they should be taken somewhere else. I do not think she can bitch about how people take care of kids.

And I think this is what she is saying because this shit is hard to read.

Chelsea Cadotte

October 26.

I am super pissed travis told ed that him and his mom trina werent getting along so carter was going to be moving to heathers again fuck that all im asking for when i go away is for carter to be take care of trina is doing a great job but travis isnt supposed to have him layla and payton say that they they dont have food nd they never get to do anything i dont want to worry about if crter has eate
    n today or what im sooo pissed even if travis and trina arent getting long carter should still be in her custody if she cant deal with trav then tell icw im sooo sick of worrying i dont mind if carter stays there like once a week but i hope he will never have to experience what he did when carter had to live with them again i will go crazy if i find out that carter is with travis plz help icw
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by rachy View Post
    Mike Nichols column: Mom in crash failed her children

“i know it was up to me to buckle them i dont think i acted recklessly i did everything i could do at that moment to keep us from hitting a telephone poll i would have taken any of the passengers conditions over mine it was an accident that’s what alot of people don’t understand i love my kids and would have done anything for them im not a bad mom im not the only person who has had problems with kids getting out of the carseats or buckles their kids but i am the only one that crashed all i know is that I would trade anything in the world or do anything to have my life the same as it was before the crash,” she wrote.

How noble of her to try to avoid hitting a telephone poll "at the moment". Too bad she didn't try everything to protect her kids before that moment by, you know, buckling them in their carseats!

She loves her kids and would have done anything for them except for keeping them safe by doing something as simple as putting them into a freaking car seat like she was supposed to.

She can't write it off as kids getting their way out of the buckle. All of them just happened to unstrap themselves, then? Right. She obviously thinks everyone is a moron when she is the dumbass here.

Ugh, she ticks me off. I hope the court gives her the maximum sentence allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Chelsea Cadotte

October 26.

I am super pissed travis told ed that him and his mom trina werent getting along so carter was going to be moving to heathers again fuck that all im asking for when i go away is for carter to be take care of trina is doing a great job but travis isnt supposed to have him layla and payton say that they they dont have food nd they never get to do anything i dont want to worry about if crter has eate
    n today or what im sooo pissed even if travis and trina arent getting long carter should still be in her custody if she cant deal with trav then tell icw im sooo sick of worrying i dont mind if carter stays there like once a week but i hope he will never have to experience what he did when carter had to live with them again i will go crazy if i find out that carter is with travis plz help icw
    Reading that gave me a headache. I do not understand her language.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    How noble of her to try to avoid hitting a telephone poll "at the moment". Too bad she didn't try everything to protect her kids before that moment by, you know, buckling them in their carseats!

She loves her kids and would have done anything for them except for keeping them safe by doing something as simple as putting them into a freaking car seat like she was supposed to.

She can't write it off as kids getting their way out of the buckle. All of them just happened to unstrap themselves, then? Right. She obviously thinks everyone is a moron when she is the dumbass here.

Ugh, she ticks me off. I hope the court gives her the maximum sentence allowed.
    Wow! Beyond the major issue she killed her child and the other two are in serious condition, she will be out of jail soon enough to have more kids! The not buckling up the kids was a pattern, she should get jail time based on that. What is wrong with people.

Looking at the pictures, I can't see someone going to Wally World to get pics of the kids. I never needed a fresh manicure to enter the store.

Her message is she's pissed that she thought she was leaving her son with Trina. Travis and Trina pulled out because they aren't getting along and Travis isn't supposed to have him. She feels Carter should still go with Trina anyway. Layla and Payton say they would take him, but they don't have enough food. She doesn't want to worry about her son not eating. (Would have been nice if she worried he could be killed not being buckled up) Seems like for some reason the son has lived with Trina before. She's just sick of worrying that Carter is going to end up with Travis.

I have a friend who writes like that. It took a long time, but I learned how to read with no punctuation and poor spelling.
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Lady View Post
    Wow! Beyond the major issue she killed her child and the other two are in serious condition, she will be out of jail soon enough to have more kids! The not buckling up the kids was a pattern, she should get jail time based on that. What is wrong with people.

Looking at the pictures, I can't see someone going to Wally World to get pics of the kids. I never needed a fresh manicure to enter the store.

Her message is she's pissed that she thought she was leaving her son with Trina. Travis and Trina pulled out because they aren't getting along and Travis isn't supposed to have him. She feels Carter should still go with Trina anyway. Layla and Payton say they would take him, but they don't have enough food. She doesn't want to worry about her son not eating. (Would have been nice if she worried he could be killed not being buckled up) Seems like for some reason the son has lived with Trina before. She's just sick of worrying that Carter is going to end up with Travis.

I have a friend who writes like that. It took a long time, but I learned how to read with no punctuation and poor spelling.
    Thank you for translating!

I hope, for the kid's sake, he goes to a stable family and is properly taken care of.

Funny how now she is worried about the well-being of her kid.

Any word on where the kids' dad is? I may have missed it from skimming the articles.

Did all the other FB pages get deleted? I know we had the dad and grandma on here.

Quote Originally Posted by krazegirl View Post
    Did all the other FB pages get deleted? I know we had the dad and grandma on here.
    In this thread? I will check. I thought I only saw the mom's but I could have missed the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    In this thread? I will check. I thought I only saw the mom's but I could have missed the others.
    Yeah they were in this thread.

Last edited by rachy; 11-14-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Thread Information