Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: There can be peace amongst us

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I am really disappointed with the jurors but that's no reason for people to lose their damn minds. I went into the main thread to voice my frustration but didn't read the previous posts from the last 24 hours because I know there is some degree of outrage. I'm feeling it, but dayum that's no reason to start getting all crazy and shit. I saw that last week when it was reported on the news that Patti Whatshername had death threats against her.
    I'm not going back into that crazy thread again. I don't know what happened but a bunch of peeps went nuts.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

The juror's duty wasn't to sentence her to death. It was to determine whether they felt the death penalty was warranted, and several didn't. You can't be disappointed in a bunch of people who don't share the desire to kill a person they've never met.

I didnt care if she got the death penalty or not. I think it's a punishment that was created for people like the two men that committed the Petit family murders. That's my personal opinion though, and apparently it's not a popular one.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm confused why people are so "satisfied" with the death penalty.

It's an awful system, and it's horribly broken. They sit on death row forever, so it really doesn't save the tax payers that much money - not even considering those who appeal.

When I was taking criminal law, the latest statistic was something like 13% for those found innocent after-the-fact.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post

It's an awful system, and it's horribly broken. They sit on death row forever, so it really doesn't save the tax payers that much money - not even considering those who appeal.

When I was taking criminal law, the latest statistic was something like 13% for those found innocent after-the-fact.
    Is the death penalty actually a deterrent?

I am opposed to the death penalty but I believe that when it is used, it should be used on people who pose a constant threat to society and would put safety at great risk if they were to somehow get free from prison. Like Charles Ng.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post

One of the men that killed the Petit family also killed 17 other women and made a snuff film. He actually asked for the death penalty. I think he a poses a threat to society, and needs to stay in prison for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    One of the men that killed the Petit family also killed 17 other women and made a snuff film. He actually asked for the death penalty. I think he a poses a threat to society, and needs to stay in prison for the rest of his life.
    He just claims that, most likely because it creates so many open ends that it successfully diverts him from being executed while police all over the country are forced to look into unsolved crimes and see if he is connected. I doubt he killed all of those women. It's a very calculated move.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    He just claims that, most likely because it creates so many open ends that it successfully diverts him from being executed while police all over the country are forced to look into unsolved crimes and see if he is connected. I doubt he killed all of those women. It's a very calculated move.
    Yea, that's Law & Order: SVU, not real fucking life. Wow.

Solid move though.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Maybe I didn't choose my wording correctly. My disappointment is that it isn't over. Although I am not a big supporter of DP, I kinda felt it was warranted in this case. I can't say that if I were on the jury that I could come to that decision myself. I realize that there are people on the main thread that are passionate about the case because they relate on some level due to a tragic event in their lives. I get that.

As far as the whole MDS site, I love it!! I enjoy the different threads. I really don't get offended by Chauncy or Ron or some the others that have strong opinions. I get offended by people who take it upon themselves for whatever reason to try to be the moral compass or try to call people out for spelling errors. That is slightly annoying. I hate to harp on this again but I was called out for referring to myself as one of the kids on the short bus. My son has Asperger's for fucksake. Just to clarify exactly the type of person I am, I am one of a handful of people that got the joke when Roseanne sang the National Anthem. She wasn't mocking America she was imitating the damn baseball players..duh..they spit and scratch their balls. Some people take shit too damn seriously. I ain't into hate just being fair.

Interesting...I did not know he did that as a ruse. It makes sense though, he knows they read his mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Yea, that's Law & Order: SVU, not real fucking life. Wow.

Solid move though.
    There is such thing as serial killers IRL.

Confession.... I drank the Kool-Aid!

But only for a little while, I swear. I came here for the JA case and was very happy with many people on that thread. I found that most were very reasonable and helpful and pointed me towards other interesting cases (Hubers - thanks Bowie)!

But I don't know what the fuck is going on over there now.... I really think some of them would shoot Arias if they got close enough. Between the serial posters and groupthink about what should happen, any voice of reason gets attacked.

I like it here and really enjoy talking with posters who have interesting commentary, regardless if I agree or not. Seriously, I now understand what so many older posters have been saying all along. It really is a shame, though, because the case is interesting.

Alot of them pull that shit on Death Row. Bundy did it. Gacy did it. The list goes on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    There is such thing as serial killers IRL.
    Yeah, but Ron's talking about the whole ZING BAM TWIST.

Alot of them pull that shit on Death Row. Bundy did it. Gacy did it. The list goes on and on.
    Yes, exactly. It's not an uncommon strategy to 'tell a loose-lips fellow prisoner' about your crimes and so on. It creates so much red tape. With guys like Gacy, they concede he probably did kill a lot more people, but that ultimately, justice wouldn't be served by letting him lead everyone on a crazy chase.

The guy who did the Petit murders has since said that his confession of killing those 17 women was a lie. Supposedly, he was trying to dupe the corrections officers into giving him oysters if he showed them where the bodies were. He has an extreme allergy to oysters and said it was all a ruse so he could kill himself.

What a remorseful murderer he is; and so polite trying to save the state the trouble of executing him, don't you think?

What a piece of shit!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Yeah, but Ron's talking about the whole ZING BAM TWIST.
    Right!?! What the hell was that?

Yea, I know serial killers are real. Just like Chupacabra, right?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Yeah, I'm not saying the death penalty should never be considered. I'm saying our current system for it completely sucks.

It should only be considered in the greatest and most extreme measures, with unreasonable doubt. We claim to operate it that way now, but many death row walkers carry crimes that really weren't worse than a lot of other lifers' - there was just greater emotion behind their case. And then we get back to all those people who were on death row and carried out the sentence, who were later found innocent.

It's fucked up.

For the sake of staying on topic, Jodi Arias wouldn't make the cut for DP in my books.

Here's a fun link: http://http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.o...-death-penalty
    Last edited by Shins; 05-24-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I was on another thread that JA2ers said would be worse than JA2. And while I will agree that particular thread is going to get way more heated and opposing views have already been posted. I am not going to call someone out because their views are different from mine. I thought the point of the threads is to simply air your thoughts on a subject. My favorite thread so far has been the What I Hate About The South..Southerners Not Welcomed. Being a native to Louisiana I thought that shit was funny.

Maybe I didn't choose my wording correctly. My disappointment is that it isn't over. Although I am not a big supporter of DP, I kinda felt it was warranted in this case. I can't say that if I were on the jury that I could come to that decision myself. I realize that there are people on the main thread that are passionate about the case because they relate on some level due to a tragic event in their lives. I get that.

As far as the whole MDS site, I love it!! I enjoy the different threads. I really don't get offended by Chauncy or Ron or some the others that have strong opinions. I get offended by people who take it upon themselves for whatever reason to try to be the moral compass or try to call people out for spelling errors. That is slightly annoying. I hate to harp on this again but I was called out for referring to myself as one of the kids on the short bus. My son has Asperger's for fucksake. Just to clarify exactly the type of person I am, I am one of a handful of people that got the joke when Roseanne sang the National Anthem. She wasn't mocking America she was imitating the damn baseball players..duh..they spit and scratch their balls. Some people take shit too damn seriously. I ain't into hate just being fair.
    I don't know what all this about but I liked it.

I was on another thread that JA2ers said would be worse than JA2. And while I will agree that particular thread is going to get way more heated and opposing views have already been posted. I am not going to call someone out because their views are different from mine. I thought the point of the threads is to simply air your thoughts on a subject. My favorite thread so far has been the What I Hate About The South..Southerners Not Welcomed. Being a native to Louisiana I thought that shit was funny.
    I'm gonna pull a durp card an ask what a JA2er is?

It was my personal manifesto Sogs. If Jodi can have one then so can I dammit! LMAO

Sorry Shins, that was short for the JA trial thread #2

Sorry Shins, that was short for the JA trial thread #2
    Oohh... I should have deduced that, but yeah. Not gonna happen today.

Thread Information