Thread: Cassidy Rainwater (33) found dead on a property where she had been kept in a cage after being kidnapped

Cassidy Rainwater (33) found dead on a property where she had been kept in a cage after being kidnapped

I was sure there was a thread on this so I didn't post it earlier. I still can't find one though, so hopefully this isn't a duplicate

The rumours surrounding her disappearance & these guys are absolutely wild & it amazes me that it's not getting more attention, considering how much Brian Laundrie's still getting

https://krcgtv.com/news/local/invest...n-social-media

Investigation continues into missing Lebanon woman as rumors swirl on social media
    by Mark Slavit

Sunday, October 3rd 2021

As bizarre rumors of cannibalistic behavior and multiple murder victims flooded social media Saturday, authorities had confirmed little about a missing woman Cassidy Rainwater and two suspects now under arrest in South Central Missouri. (Photo from Dallas County Sheriff's Facebook Page)

DALLAS COUNTY ? As bizarre rumors of cannibalistic behavior and multiple murder victims flooded social media Saturday, authorities had confirmed little about a missing woman and two suspects now under arrest in South Central Missouri.

Federal authorities ramped up their search for 33-year-old Cassidy Rainwater. Investigators said two men held Rainwater in a cage on Moon Valley Road near Lebanon. Neighbor Bob Hostetler is thankful his family is safe.

Hostetler said, ?It?s a horrible deal. All I know is that living this close all of these years, God had a protecting hand for some of us around here.?

Hostetler lives about a mile away from the alleged crime scene and knows members of the Rainwater family. Federal investigators said no one has seen Cassidy Rainwater since July. Someone reported her missing on August 25th.

Two weeks ago, FBI investigators from Kansas City got an anonymous tip that someone was holding Rainwater in a cage on some property near Lebanon. Authorities arrested Timothy Norton and James Phelps.

Prosecutors charged the two men with felony kidnapping. Court documents said investigators found photos on Phelps? cell phone showing a woman partially nude and in a cage. Investigators said Norton admitted he helped Phelps to restrain Rainwater.

Beyond the photos, investigators had not disclosed what they found on the Phelps property. Hostetler briefly spoke with Phelps just one time during the past year as his neighbor and heard the rumors of cannibalism.

Hostetler said, ?He?s arrested and so is everybody potentially involved. Hopefully, it will all get cleaned up. It?s a bad thing. I can?t imagine. I can?t imagine.?

Norton and Phelps are in the Dallas County Jail without bond. The two men have criminal setting hearings scheduled for October 5.

Cassidy Rainwater is still missing. Anyone who knows where she is should contact their local law enforcement agency.

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/top-stor...he-house-fire/

Cassidy Rainwater: Everything we know about her disappearance, the suspects, and the house fire

by: Ashley Eddy, Bailey Strohl, Carrie Winchel, Chris Six, Emilee Kuschel

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 / 06:38 PM CDT / Updated: Oct 5, 2021 / 08:51 PM CDT

DALLAS COUNTY, Mo. - Cassidy Rainwater, the woman seen in a dark web photo being held in a cage in a partially nude state, was reported missing in August, in September her alleged kidnappers were arrested and charged, and in October the two men appeared in court.

James Phelps and Timothy Norton appeared in court Tuesday, October 5. This was less than 24 hours after the home where Phelps was staying burned to the ground. OzarksFirst is in contact with local authorities daily, but they are not releasing much information.

The home alleged kidnapper James Phelps was staying at burned to the ground late Monday night, and a bomb squad from Springfield was sent to investigate.

DETONATION VIDEO: Springfield bomb squad sent to Dallas County house fire to investigate explosive device

The Dallas County Sheriff's Office confirmed with OzarksFirst around 10 p.m., the home caught fire Monday. Fire crews from multiple stations were working to put out hotspots. At one point, a Dallas County deputy found something that resembled a tripwire; that's when the Springfield bomb squad was sent to investigate.

The bomb squad arrived around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday and shortly after, they detonated an explosive device near the area of the fire.

Springfield City Officials say they don't have any further information at this time.

Phelps, Norton appear in court, community reacts

OzarksFirst was in the courtroom Tuesday, and a judge set preliminary hearings for both men at 9:30 a.m. on November 5. Both Phelps and Norton appeared via a video conference call from the Dallas County Jail. The public defenders did not request bond during the hearing.

Members of the surrounding community are still without answers, and some are turning to any source of information they can get.

"I feel like they're kind of taking the story and running with it and maybe making it hyped up to more than what it really is. But I also feel like if law enforcement and others will give us information, they wouldn't have to resort to that kind of-filling in," says local Savannah Williams.

Wiliams lives in Urbana, about half an hour away from the site of Monday night's fire. She says that she moved to Dallas County to get away from violence in Kansas City,

"Everything was quiet and I thought moving to the country was going to be the best fit, but now".I don't want to move back to the city but now I feel like I might have made a bad choice," says Williams.

Williams says that a lack of information coming from investigating authorities is leading an entire community to speculate.

"The little I did watch I didn't hear anything bad, and then all of a sudden I'm hearing about a guy who's got women locked up, and possible torture. I don't understand what makes people get like that," says Williams.

Background: How we got here and the search for answers

James Phelps and Timothy Norton were arrested in September and charged with the kidnapping of Cassidy Rainwater. Rainwater was last seen in July and was reported missing in late August.

Court documents accuse Phelps and Norton of holding Cassidy Rainwater in a cage on Moon Valley Road near Windyville, Missouri.

According to court documents, on Sept. 16, the Dallas County Sheriff's Office was contacted by an FBI agent in Kansas City about an anonymous tip. The tipster advised there was a photo showing a missing person, Cassidy Rainwater, being held in a cage in a partially nude state.

Missouri men accused of keeping missing woman locked in cage, court records say

On Sept. 1, a detective spoke to Phelps at his home in Lebanon. He said that Cassidy had been staying with him until she could get back on her feet, court records say. He said she had been talking about going to Colorado.

According to court documents, Phelps told the detective that about a month prior, Cassidy left in the middle of the night and met a vehicle at the end of the driveway in the dark and had not been seen or heard from since.

The detective noticed the loft on the property looked like it had been "stripped," and they did not notice any belongings of Cassidy's at the loft at that time.

On Sept. 16, investigators received a search warrant for James Phelps' cell phone, and court records say they found seven photos of Cassidy Rainwater partially nude being held in a cage on his property on Moon Valley Road in Lebanon in Dallas County.

During the investigation, detectives identified Timothy Norton as being connected to the case.

According to court records, Norton was originally interviewed on Sept. 19 and after his interview, officers determined he had provided information that was not accurate.

He told investigators he was an over-the-road trucker and lives in his truck even when he was not actively working, police said.

Norton was interviewed again on Sept. 20 at the Dallas County Sheriff's Office. During that interview, police said Norton confessed that he knew Cassidy Rainwater was being held at the home of James Phelps in a cage.

Court records say he also told detectives that on July 24, Phelps contacted him to come to his home to help restrain the victim, which he did.

On Monday, October 4th, the Dallas County Sheriff's Office released a statement on Facebook stating that the FBI has recovered several items that will be used to further the investigation.

Very few details on this case have been released by the Dallas County Sheriff's Office, including whether Cassidy Rainwater has been found.
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-05-2021 at 10:29 PM.

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/local-ne...disappearance/

Mother of missing woman Cassidy Rainwater also victim of mysterious disappearance

by: Emilee Kuschel, Bailey Strohl

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 / 06:43 PM CDT / Updated: Oct 1, 2021 / 01:04 PM CDT

DALLAS COUNTY, Mo. – Mysteries surrounding the disappearance of Cassidy Rainwater are gaining momentum online as little details have been released since two men were arrested late last week, accused of kidnapping the 33-year-old woman.

The Dallas County Sheriff’s Office has yet to give more details about Cassidy Rainwater’s whereabouts.

Here’s what OzarksFirst has learned about this case so far:
    Cassidy Rainwater was last seen in mid-July. She was reported missing by a relative on August 25th.

A probable cause statement says on September 16th, the FBI office in Kansas City received an anonymous tip that Rainwater was being held in a cage on a property off Moon Valley Road near Lebanon in Dallas County.

Missouri men accused of keeping missing woman locked in cage, court records say

Court documents say two men were living on the property, James Phelps and Timothy Norton. Both were soon charged with felony kidnapping, accused of holding Rainwater against her will.

Dallas County authorities determined Phelps was the last person to have been in contact with Rainwater while both were at his property on Moon Valley Road.

Phelps told investigators Rainwater had been staying with him until she could get back on her feet.

The probable cause statement says James told deputies that a month prior, Cassidy Rainwater had left his property in the middle of the night, met a car at the end of the driveway, and he hadn’t seen her since.

New video: Investigation continues after Missouri men charged with keeping missing woman in cage

James was taken into custody on September 16th, and his cell phone was seized as evidence.

Court documents say the phone contained seven photos of Rainwater in a partially nude state being held in a cage at Phelps’ residence.

Phelps and Norton are currently in jail. They are due back in court on Oct. 5.

Little else is known about what was found on Phelps’ property, however, OzarksFirst has found more ties to the victim in Laclede County.

Cassidy Rainwater’s mother, Tracy Wahwassuck, went missing in 2007.

Based on previous KOLR 10 reporting, Wahwassuck’s remains were found scattered in a field near Lebanon a year later.

“It was unusual, some of the statements made by people, that we’ll have to go on with the new evidence we have, and see where that leads us,” former Laclede County Sheriff Richard Wrinkle told KOLR 10 during an interview in 2008.

Wahwassuck’s disappearance was reported by KOLR 10 as “suspicious,” but no cause of death has ever been released on her case, and no one has been arrested.

In speaking with the Laclede County Coroner on Thursday, Steve Murrell tells OzarksFirst it’s still an open case.

Murrell says at this time, he does not believe there is any connection between Cassidy’s disappearance and her mother’s death.

This whole thing is all kinds of WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I?m glad you made a thread on this. I?ve been following it and no one I know has heard of it because they?re all still obsessed with the Gabby case.

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    I?m glad you made a thread on this. I?ve been following it and no one I know has heard of it because they?re all still obsessed with the Gabby case.

Seriously, people are tying themselves into knots to try & link Brian Laundrie to multiple cases & make out that he's some kind of devious, cross country serial killer, when this case is already like a horror movie even without all of the rumours swirling around it

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Seriously, ladies, with all the wtf in this case, it's a wonder you can trust anyone with a penis. Jesus.

I just can't with these mfers, and anyone else who does horrific shit "just to do it".

And sorry, not sorry, but the human race is better off without the human shit like this trash that continues to taint the gene pool. You think these two are gonna learn anything in prison? I'm betting they struggle to read the fucking comics.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/local-ne...d-with-murder/

DALLAS COUNTY, Mo.- According to court documents, Cassidy Rainwater?s remains have been found on a property belonging to two men accused of kidnapping her and keeping her in a cage.

New motions filed in James Phelps case; court appearance this Friday
    James Phelps and Timothy Norton have been charged with first-degree murder. They are also facing charges for the abandonment of a corpse. Norton has a criminal hearing scheduled for November 23, and Phelps will appear in court on November 19.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Motherfuckers
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/local-ne...d-with-murder/

DALLAS COUNTY, Mo.- According to court documents, Cassidy Rainwater?s remains have been found on a property belonging to two men accused of kidnapping her and keeping her in a cage.

New motions filed in James Phelps case; court appearance this Friday
    James Phelps and Timothy Norton have been charged with first-degree murder. They are also facing charges for the abandonment of a corpse. Norton has a criminal hearing scheduled for November 23, and Phelps will appear in court on November 19.
    Continued

Court documents say that on September 16, the FBI provided the Dallas County Sheriff?s Office with pictures sent to the FBI as a cyber tip. Some of those photos showed Rainwater partially nude in a cage. Other pictures showed Rainwater?s body bound to a gantry crane device. Authorities say this device is commonly used for processing wild game. That same day Phelps was arrested.

During the execution of a search warrant, investigators on the scene of the Moon Valley Road property found the gantry crane, potential blood evidence, and items from a freezer that appeared to be human flesh dated July 24.

Read the Timothy Norton PC statement here.Download
    Court documents say the items were sent to a crime lab for testing and the lab confirmed they were consistent with Rainwater?s DNA. Authorities say they found Rainwater?s skeletal remains located near the property where Phelps disposed of them. During the investigation of digital evidence, authorities found that Phelps and Norton were planning to murder Rainwater on July 24.
    On September 17, authorities attempted to interview Phelps but he invoked his rights to an attorney and refused to answer questions. Court documents say on September 20, FBI officials interviewed Norton at the Dallas County Sheriff?s Office. Norton told investigators that Phelps asked him to go to the property while Rainwater was sleeping. The documents indicated the two would attack her while Norton held down her legs and Phelps strangled her. Authorities say the men then hung her body on the gantry and Norton helped Phelps dismember the body.
    The Moon Valley Road Property after the fire
    ?We have not located any evidence that would lead us to believe there are any other victims associated with Phelps and Norton at this time. This is still an ongoing investigation,? the Dallas County Sheriff?s Office posted on Facebook. ?If there is anyone who believes they may information concerning this case, they can call investigators at the Dallas County Sheriff?s Office at 417-345-2441.?

Cassidy Rainwater?s brother spoke to a reporter and said he hopes to release a statement tomorrow after speaking with family members.

Members of the community have spoken out about the new information, including Windyville business owner Katie Heflin.

?It?s horrible but as a community even though we didn?t know her we?re still praying for her family and we know she had kids. We?re all praying for them. No matter what she did, she didn?t deserve that. No matter what had happened,? says Heflin.

Heflin says that she feels the Dallas County Sheriff was not completely honest with the community when addressing the rumors surrounding the case.

?I don?t think he was being truthful? to say that 99.9 percent of the rumors are false when what came out today confirms 75 percent of them, that means only 25% of the rumors were false. So it?s very concerning for all of us,? says Heflin.

The Dallas County Sheriff released a statement on Facebook during the investigation in October urging the community to stop spreading rumors and wait for investigators to release information.

Categories: Cassidy Rainwater, Local News, News, Top Stories
    Tags: Cassidy Rainwater, Dallas County, james phelps, Murder, Timothy Norton

KOLR ? OzarksFirst.com

Sorry for posting so much so I just wanna say it irritates me that woman said ?no matter what she did, she didn?t deserve this? as if a woman has to have done anything at all to be murdered :eyeroll:

This makes me sick to my stomach. I'm not a proponent of the death penalty, but I'll make an exception in this case. These two are worthless pieces of scum and my heart aches for Cassidy (and her Mom).

And I'm just going to put this out there: I know we have members who live in the "Show Me State," but traveling through rural Missouri always gives me the creeps. It's full of houses that make you wonder how many women are chained up in the basement. Not a place I'd want to break down, that's for sure.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

This poor woman. She probably welcomed death after all she endured

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Perverts who feed themselves and their perversions on the dark web ...
    I think someone has seen the creepy photos these sick monsters put online and there is something more than "bizarre rumors of cannibalistic behavior" but people are ashamed to say where and how they got to know about that

The house burning down seems even more suss now that all the rumours were confirmed. No way Cassidy was their first victim

https://apnews.com/article/woman-cag...1204bb11793960

BUFFALO, Mo. (AP) ? A Missouri man has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for his role in the death of a woman who authorities said was kept in a cage and dismembered.

James Phelps, 60, entered an Alford plea Friday to first-degree murder, kidnapping and abandonment of a corpse in the death of 33-year-old Cassie Rainwater, The Springfield News-Leader reported. Under an Alford plea, Phelps does not admit guilt but acknowledges enough evidence exists to convict him.

Phelps and Timothy Norton were charged in September 2021 after DNA tests identified the remains found at Phelps? home near Lebanon as Rainwater, Dallas County officials said at the time.

Authorities said the men were initially arrested on a kidnapping charge after the FBI received a tip that photos of Rainwater partially nude and in a cage were found on Phelps? phone.

Dallas County Sheriff Scott Rice has said other photos showed Rainwater?s body had been disemboweled and dismembered.

Some of her remains were later found in a freezer, while others were located on a nearby property.

Rainwater was reported missing in August 2021 by a woman who said she was last seen with Phelps.

Phelps twice told investigators that Rainwater was staying with him but she had left for Colorado, according to court records.

Phelps? house later burned to the ground in what investigators determined was arson.

Norton, who faces the same charges as Phelps, is scheduled for a court hearing on Tuesday.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    https://apnews.com/article/woman-cag...1204bb11793960

BUFFALO, Mo. (AP) ? A Missouri man has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for his role in the death of a woman who authorities said was kept in a cage and dismembered.

James Phelps, 60, entered an Alford plea Friday to first-degree murder, kidnapping and abandonment of a corpse in the death of 33-year-old Cassie Rainwater, The Springfield News-Leader reported. Under an Alford plea, Phelps does not admit guilt but acknowledges enough evidence exists to convict him.

Phelps and Timothy Norton were charged in September 2021 after DNA tests identified the remains found at Phelps? home near Lebanon as Rainwater, Dallas County officials said at the time.

Authorities said the men were initially arrested on a kidnapping charge after the FBI received a tip that photos of Rainwater partially nude and in a cage were found on Phelps? phone.

Dallas County Sheriff Scott Rice has said other photos showed Rainwater?s body had been disemboweled and dismembered.

Some of her remains were later found in a freezer, while others were located on a nearby property.

Rainwater was reported missing in August 2021 by a woman who said she was last seen with Phelps.

Phelps twice told investigators that Rainwater was staying with him but she had left for Colorado, according to court records.

Phelps? house later burned to the ground in what investigators determined was arson.

Norton, who faces the same charges as Phelps, is scheduled for a court hearing on Tuesday.
    It's good he will be caged for the remainder of his life. What a POS.

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/second...used-for-deer/

A second Missouri man will spend the rest of his life behind bars after he admitted to killing, eviscerating, and dismembering a 33-year-old woman whom he and his co-defendant also photographed as she was caged and bound to a gantry crane.

Dallas County Circuit Court Judge Lisa Carter Henderson on Tuesday ordered Timothy L. Norton so serve a sentence of life in prison without the possibility for parole in the 2021 slaying of Cassidy Rainwater, court records reviewed by Law&Crime show.

Prior to being sentenced, Norton pleaded guilty to one count of first-degree murder in Rainwater’s death. In exchange for his plea, prosecutors agreed to drop felony charges of kidnapping and abandonment of a corpse.

life in prison is light when you think of what they did to her. this is one of those cases where I think doing to them what they did to her, is fitting.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Thread Information