Thread: Sergey Burenkov (60), Wife Natalya (58), Their Daughter Katya (31) & Her Partner Nikita Belousov (37) Were All Found Dead In A Hotel Sauna (Albania)

Sergey Burenkov (60), Wife Natalya (58), Their Daughter Katya (31) & Her Partner Nikita Belousov (37) Were All Found Dead In A Hotel Sauna (Albania)

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...c2bd3760103c15

Tourist family-of-four die from ?asphyxia? in sauna at 5-star hotel

It was supposed to be a luxurious holiday enjoyed by the family-of-four. But instead, they all wound up dead while having a sauna.

October 18, 2021 - 10:39AM

A family of four have died in a hotel. Picture: East 2 West News

A family-of-four all died while on holiday at a five-star hotel after reportedly suffering from ?asphyxia? in a sauna.

Sergey Burenkov, 60, and wife Natalya Burenkova, 58, from Moscow, were on holiday with their daughter Katya, 31, and her partner Nikita Belousov, 37, at the Gloria Palace Hotel in Albania.

They perished within minutes of each other after going for a sauna following their arrival at the luxury Gloria Palace Hotel, a coastal resort 50km west of Albanian capital Tirana.

Mystery surrounds their deaths. One theory being investigated is they all suffered asphyxia after being overcome by fumes.

Police are said to be examining whether the ventilation system in the sauna was functioning properly.

Sergey Burenkov, 60, wife Natalya Burenkova, 58, and daughter Katya Burenkova, 31 ? three of four Russian tourists found dead in the sauna of Gloria Palace Hotel in Albania. Picture: East 2 West News

Asphyxia is where the body does not get enough oxygen and shuts down ? and it can be caused by suffocating gases.

The family had just checked into hotel when they all went into the sauna complex and pool area.

They had ordered food and drinks and were waiting to be served when they died.

All four were found by a waiter who turned up carrying their beverages.

?I shouted several times that the drinks and the fruit were ready,? said a hotel worker, as quoted by Albanian media.

?No-one answered, so I walked inside the sauna and saw them all.

?One person was lying on a sun bed, two were on the benches. The last one was sitting down with his legs in the pool.

?They [had] all suffocated

A source said: ?They had only arrived at the hotel an hour before the tragedy.?

Investigations were under way to determine whether there was a technical failure of the sauna system, or inadequate care of the tourists by the hotel staff.

Alcohol consumption by the victims was also being examined.

A police car at the hotel. Picture: East 2 West News

A police statement said: ?At around 10pm in Qerret, Kavaja the dead bodies of four people with Russian nationality were found in a sauna.

?All of them had been asphyxiated.?

However a spokesman for the hotel said the causes of death was still not determined.

?We are all shocked by the case in question. The situation and the causes are unclear. We are waiting for the expertise and forensic report.?

No way did alcohol contribute to all four deaths if they only arrived at the hotel an hour before

Is a sauna the same there that it is in the US? His feet were in the pool, so Im thinking not.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

So, they were in an enclosed room I would assume-? Maybe with improper/non-functioning ventilation-?

Trying to relax in a sauna type setting with your family, and this happens... what a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Is a sauna the same there that it is in the US? His feet were in the pool, so Im thinking not.
    Yeah, that confused me too. Might try & find some advertising pix of the hotel facilities to try & make sense of this

Edit : I cannot find sauna pix & I have not made sense of this
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-18-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Yeah, that confused me too. Might try & find some advertising pix of the hotel facilities to try & make sense of this

Edit : I cannot find sauna pix & I have not made sense of this
    They make it sound like an open area, and not a room like saunas are here.

I am wondering if they were in the Sauna, which appears to be like the kind we are all imagining based on the pics I can find, and were overcome by chlorine from the nearby pools. It appears that the hotel has a spa circuit and I am wondering if it is right outside the sauna.

I know that too much chlorine can cause you not to be able to breath. I have had it happen just when opening the chlorine bucket to take out pellets for the pool. If someone made a big mistake with the chlorine level in the pool it could have built up in the whole area. I wonder if they stumbled out of the actual sauna and that's how the man's feet ended up in the pool?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I am wondering if they were in the Sauna, which appears to be like the kind we are all imagining based on the pics I can find, and were overcome by chlorine from the nearby pools. It appears that the hotel has a spa circuit and I am wondering if it is right outside the sauna.

I know that too much chlorine can cause you not to be able to breath. I have had it happen just when opening the chlorine bucket to take out pellets for the pool. If someone made a big mistake with the chlorine level in the pool it could have built up in the whole area. I wonder if they stumbled out of the actual sauna and that's how the man's feet ended up in the pool?
    Either that or the pool was just treated and perhaps it was supposed to be closed until it was safe. Perhaps a misstep by the hotel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information