Thread: Michael Shaver (36) was found dead underneath the firepit in his backyard

Michael Shaver (36) was found dead underneath the firepit in his backyard

I'm pretty sure they have found pieces of his bones, but I will go ahead and post this in the missing persons area until they confirm.

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/woman...2015/708737738

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/deput...-man/713520114

A human arm bone was discovered Friday afternoon beneath a concrete slab at the rural Lake County home of a man who vanished three years ago, the Lake County Sheriff's Office said.

Investigators used cadaver dogs, ground-penetrating radar and a backhoe while searching the property.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-23-2022 at 07:34 AM.

Why didn't his wife report him missing? His family didn't notice he was gone?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Why didn't his wife report him missing? His family didn't notice he was gone?
    Not sure about his other family, but I'm pretty sure his wife killed him and buried him in the backyard and laid a concrete slab over his body, based on what they are finding at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Not sure about his other family, but I'm pretty sure his wife killed him and buried him in the backyard and laid a concrete slab over his body, based on what they are finding at this point.
    I figured that, I'm just surprised that a coworker or someone else didn't notice he was missing for so long.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I figured that, I'm just surprised that a coworker or someone else didn't notice he was missing for so long.
    Oh, I get you. I am figuring it was some type of situation where he was between jobs or traveled around for a job, so him being gone wasn't suspicious for awhile. The fact that she got remarried, without a divorce or death certificate, tells you she's not too bright.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    We have a FB group on him and the family is in it. Apparently not only did the Wife keep giving excuses about him not being around, but also drove a wedge between he and his family and kept updating his Facebook as if he were doing it himself. His family is in NY while they live in Florida. They knew something was up and tried to report him as missing, but the police wouldn't allow them to unless they had his SSN and other info that they didn't have. Eventually a former Co-Worker and friend requested a Wellness Check and based on the wife's behavior, it got the ball rolling with local LE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    We have a FB group on him and the family is in it. Apparently not only did the Wife keep giving excuses about him not being around, but also drove a wedge between he and his family and kept updating his Facebook as if he were doing it himself. His family is in NY while they live in Florida. They knew something was up and tried to report him as missing, but the police wouldn't allow them to unless they had his SSN and other info that they didn't have. Eventually a former Co-Worker and friend requested a Wellness Check and based on the wife's behavior, it got the ball rolling with local LE.
    That's terrible I feel bad for his fam. Good thing she's dumb and disposed of his remains on her property.

http://wfla.com/2018/03/10/human-bon...mans-property/

Human bone found in fire pit on missing Florida man’s property
    Why did she leave an intact bone in the fire pit? Dumbass.

That's terrible I feel bad for his fam. Good thing she's dumb and disposed of his remains on her property.

Why did she leave an intact bone in the fire pit? Dumbass.
    She didn't burn the remains. Basically, they had dug up a hole that was originally supposed to be a small pond. When she offed him (allegedly, but c'mon.... she so did it), she opted to put him in the hole and pour in concrete to make a "fire pit" instead.

She literally held parties with bonfires and a fake wedding to her new guy on his grave. A very sick, sick Woman.

ETA: She did a shit job of it, to boot. Apparently you could see the outline of his body in the concrete because the decomp discolored it and created a depression. She even tried filling it in again over that spot, but the outline came back again.

"OUT! OUT DAMN SPOT!!!"
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 03-11-2018 at 12:03 PM.

She didn't burn the remains. Basically, they had dug up a hole that was originally supposed to be a small pond. When she offed him (allegedly, but c'mon.... she so did it), she opted to put him in the hole and pour in concrete to make a "fire pit" instead.

She literally held parties with bonfires and a fake wedding to her new guy on his grave. A very sick, sick Woman.

ETA: She did a shit job of it, to boot. Apparently you could see the outline of his body in the concrete because the decomp discolored it and created a depression. She even tried filling it in again over that spot, but the outline came back again.

"OUT! OUT DAMN SPOT!!!"
    Wow, this idiot's incompetence and stupidity knows no boundaries. That last part sounds like the Neaveh Buchanan case. If I remember correctly the concrete they buried her in wasn't mixed properly, or something, and her outline could be seen in the concrete.

Wow, this idiot's incompetence and stupidity knows no boundaries. That last part sounds like the Neaveh Buchanan case. If I remember correctly the concrete they buried her in wasn't mixed properly, or something, and her outline could be seen in the concrete.
    It's exactly the same. They did a shit job with the concrete. Moron.

ETA: Nobody got my Macbeth reference

Learn something new every day!!

Out, damned spot! definition
    A quote from the play Macbeth by William Shakespeare, spoken by Lady Macbeth, the wife of the title character. Her husband has killed the king of Scotland at her urging, but her guilt over the murder gradually drives her insane. When she speaks this line she is sleepwalking, and she imagines that a spot of the king's blood stains her hand.

Quote Originally Posted by More Cowbelle View Post
    Learn something new every day!!

Out, damned spot! definition
    A quote from the play Macbeth by William Shakespeare, spoken by Lady Macbeth, the wife of the title character. Her husband has killed the king of Scotland at her urging, but her guilt over the murder gradually drives her insane. When she speaks this line she is sleepwalking, and she imagines that a spot of the king's blood stains her hand.

I logged into FB for the first time in over a week tonight, and I saw a thread in my feed from the group you guys are in, where a person said they had been a flight attendant with him when he was a pilot. Do you know what airline he flew for, and when?

I logged into FB for the first time in over a week tonight, and I saw a thread in my feed from the group you guys are in, where a person said they had been a flight attendant with him when he was a pilot. Do you know what airline he flew for, and when?
    I'm not sure. The only confirmed workplace I know for him is the last one which was for Disney. We have a few co-workers of his in the group and everyone had only stellar things to say about him.

It's exactly the same. They did a shit job with the concrete. Moron.

ETA: Nobody got my Macbeth reference
    I got it!! Had to do MacBeth for my HSC (as in senior high school exams in Australia, I don't know what you guys call it)

But as always I was late to the thread ...

Cannot think of a case that would've made better use of that reference either, she would've been in agonies over concealing it, just like Lady MacBeth

What makes this case even crazier is the fact that she had her fake marriage back by the firepit. She probably let her kids play around it.

Then you have the google earth pictures over the 3 years he was missing.
    The police said you could see the outline of the body in the concrete and the discolored concrete stain. UGH

Here's a photo before they dug it up
    [IMG][/IMG]

Here's a google earth view
    [IMG][/IMG]

Wow! That body outline looks crazy...what the hell is wrong with this woman?!

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    YES!!!

Is anyone able to find a pic of the concrete before they dug it up? Curious to see how the outline looked (I know someone posted it above but it's no longer viewable).

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Tribute to honor former Laurens man

https://www.thedailystar.com/news/lo...0521b7493.html

An event is planned in Oneonta to honor a former Laurens man whose remains were found in Florida earlier this year.

A Tribute for Michael Shaver will be at the Oneonta Municipal Airport at 391 Airport Road, from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday, according to Facebook postings.

“Come join us and pay respects to a great man, father, brother, son and friend! We will have food music and sharing some great stories and memories!,” said a posting on Facebook. Organizers said an auction will be held to raise money for a headstone for Shaver.

Michael Shaver, 36, had been missing since 2015 from his home in Clermont, Florida. He attended Laurens Central School and moved to Florida with his family, according to previous accounts.

In June, the Lake County Sheriff’s Office in Florida confirmed that remains found on Shaver property were of Michael Shaver. Authorities had conducted tests on the remains, which were found in March buried underneath a concrete slab on the property in Clermont. The cause of death hadn’t been determined and is pending further testing by the medical examiner’s office, deputies said.

Michael Shaver’s childhood friend, Scott Amatuccio, had asked Lake County Sheriff’s Office to check on Shaver’s well-being in February. Deputies reported Laurie Shaver said she hadn’t see her husband since 2015 and that she was a “person of interest” in his disappearance.

Earlier this year, Amatuccio said Shaver had trained and worked as a pilot and later had a job at Disney World as a mechanic repairing rides.

Shaver was listed and photographed on the crew of Precious Metal Air Racing.

The Oneonta Airport Commission granted organizers permission to hold the tribute event, Mayor Gary Herzig said Thursday.

Denise Richardson, staff writer, may be reached at (607) 441-7213 or at drichardson@thedailystar.com. Follow her on Twitter at @DS_DeniseR.

VIDEO - https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Av...488210601.html

-----
    I didn't know him but I remember seeing his sister around town, probably from other chinese auctions. I ended up going to the chinese auction to raise money for a tombstone. It was a nice event. I didn't win anything but I had fun and donated extra money to the cause.

RIP, you deserved better.

Is anyone able to find a pic of the concrete before they dug it up? Curious to see how the outline looked (I know someone posted it above but it's no longer viewable).
    Google map 9850 Sandy Pines RD, Clermont, FL and then select the satellite option. You can see the concrete in the back yard and zoom in. One of the dark spots on the concrete is where he was buried.

This chips me off. This guy disappeared five years ago - 2015, not 1915 - all manner of technology, especially in the way of IP addresses, was available to law enforcement. They knew she was sending the messages, they knew she was updating his FB account - and if they didn't know, they should have. Why did it take five years to find this man? Because police don't respond to missing husbands like they respond to missing wives. His family certainly deserved better than this, and so did he.

You can finally rest in peace, Michael...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    This chips me off. This guy disappeared five years ago - 2015, not 1915 - all manner of technology, especially in the way of IP addresses, was available to law enforcement. They knew she was sending the messages, they knew she was updating his FB account - and if they didn't know, they should have. Why did it take five years to find this man? Because police don't respond to missing husbands like they respond to missing wives. His family certainly deserved better than this, and so did he.

You can finally rest in peace, Michael...
    This case is one big fuck up.

This case is one big fuck up.
    I can almost guarantee that Michael's family has been screaming that she's responsible for his disappearance for five long years. Missing persons podcasts are full of stories like this.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information