Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosa Ayala-Goana (52) died after falling from the Texas Giant roller coaster

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So what are you saying? They are lying about her being dead first?
    Are we addressing this part?

We are deeply saddened to share that earlier this evening an adult woman died in the park while on the Texas Giant.
    Because I don't think that's meant to be taken literally at all.

They are going to word their statements very carefully.

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Not a coincidence, I'm suggesting that the heart attack was brought on by the realization that she was barrelling down the track at 65mph unrestrained.

Not to be mean, but she mightn't have had a healthy heart given her weight.
    Definetly not her day.I agree with Angie ,I would have a heart attack on my way down

Quote Originally Posted by damn_brat View Post
    Are we addressing this part?

Because I don't think that's meant to be taken literally at all.
    I don't know how they would possibly be able to determine that. I guess if there was little blood at the scene they could try to say her heart stopped beating before she hit the ground, but I don't know how else they could tell.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

They should be able to tell if she suffered heart attack but I don't know if they can determine exactly when it happened.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    I almost hope a heart attack killed her before she hit the ground. Slightly more humane.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Say she did suffer a heart attack before falling- shouldn't she still be in her seat when the coaster stops?

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    i fucking hate roller coasters. HATE. that is all.

RIP roller coaster lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Say she did suffer a heart attack before falling- shouldn't she still be in her seat when the coaster stops?
    This is what I was wondering. Being unconscious shouldn't make you fly from your seat if you are securely restrained.

I hate roller coasters. You couldn't pay me to get on one

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    The park's statement says she died on the ride...I am wondering if she had a heart attack when that bar came up and was dead before she hit the ground. Maybe COD is a heart attack instead of blunt force trauma?
    I think it's possible she had a heart attack once she was flung from the ride and was dead before she hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I don't know how they would possibly be able to determine that. I guess if there was little blood at the scene they could try to say her heart stopped beating before she hit the ground, but I don't know how else they could tell.
    The coroner would be able to tell if she suffered a heart attack by heart muscle damage. Sometimes, heart muscle damage can be seen with the naked eye if it is severe enough. Other times it isn't seen until under the microscope. They would be able to tell if her heart was stopped by the physical injuries. Basically, if there is no bruising to the body her heart was no longer pumping prior to hitting the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    I almost hope a heart attack killed her before she hit the ground. Slightly more humane.
    This.

Yes. A medical emergency is not going to cause her restraint to fly up. That's why I quoted that part of the article, because I think it's bullshit the topic is even being discussed by Six Flags.

"Well, if the woman hadn't of had a heart attack her restraint would not have flown up and she would still be alive today.' Blame it on the rider.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Now that I've seen a pic of this poor woman I can understand more of what happened. First off, no shoulder harness on coasters like this is just dumb. Lap bars are fine when you have them secured on certain roller coasters due to the gravitational forces exerted, but the riders have to be secured first!!

She is a larger woman, and probably couldn't pull the lap bar too far to begin with. That does not absolve Six Flags of their responsibility in any way, however. The lap bar should have been secure and should have been checked. Obviously, clicking "once" is not a guarantee of the security of the rider. It should be as close to the rider as possible without causing discomfort.

And yeah, I'll bet top dollar that the autopsy will show she died of multisystem trauma from her fall. Bet on it.

So sad too, you go with your kids to Six Flags to have a great, memorable day...and it ends up being one of the worst days of your kid's life...and your last one.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Now that I've seen a pic of this poor woman I can understand more of what happened. First off, no shoulder harness on coasters like this is just dumb. Lap bars are fine when you have them secured on certain roller coasters due to the gravitational forces exerted, but the riders have to be secured first!!

She is a larger woman, and probably couldn't pull the lap bar too far to begin with. That does not absolve Six Flags of their responsibility in any way, however. The lap bar should have been secure and should have been checked. Obviously, clicking "once" is not a guarantee of the security of the rider. It should be as close to the rider as possible without causing discomfort.

And yeah, I'll bet top dollar that the autopsy will show she died of multisystem trauma from her fall. Bet on it.

So sad too, you go with your kids to Six Flags to have a great, memorable day...and it ends up being one of the worst days of your kid's life...and your last one.
    She was definitely the fly hitting the windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Not saying it would have helped in this particular incident, but I don't understand why these amusement parks can't put like a demo seat out front that you can try out to see if you for sure fit/feel safe in before getting on the actual ride.

I love coasters with the hydraulic lap belts only... just sayin'. They use them on all kinds of coasters now (looping, etc) and it's so much better than the shoulder restraints because you don't knock the crap out of your head.

I read that this coaster had hydraulic restraints. Beli, on this do you pull the lap bar down yourself or do they have everyone lift their arms as the lap bar automatically moves forward to hug your lap?

If memory serves me well, you pull it down on your lap first, then they lock it with there controls. The workers does their "check" which is basically one kids on one side and the other kid on the other side, both going as fast as they can at the same time and pull up the bar. You have your arms up when they are doing it, but its so quick. The say "check"when passing each seat, then they do this scan where they stick their thumb out in front of themselves and do a 180 scan by following their thumb with their eyes before the ride starts.

They will force the bar to click on a larger person. I've seen it with my own eyes on this ride. The only ride where I saw them tell a person they had to get out of their seat was the Batman ride. He had to wait for the next seat of carts to come back and he was told to sit in a specific seat. I guess its able to handle a larger person safely.

Yup, that one ain't gonna fly at all. How many people pass out cold on these things and are still strapped in when the ride is over?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Also, I am phone posting so my parts may have errors and I cannot quote. Of corpse not - that is not a bad idea. I wonder if people would actually use it, though, unless they make it mandatory. But at the same time, they have the height things out front and I've seen people still take their kids in long lines hoping they can get on even if its not safe. Usually they are told they cannot ride and the parents through a hussy fit when they already knew better.

The spelling errors and auto correct

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    If memory serves me well, you pull it down on your lap first, then they lock it with there controls. The workers does their "check" which is basically one kids on one side and the other kid on the other side, both going as fast as they can at the same time and pull up the bar. You have your arms up when they are doing it, but its so quick. The say "check"when passing each seat, then they do this scan where they stick their thumb out in front of themselves and do a 180 scan by following their thumb with their eyes before the ride starts.

They will force the bar to click on a larger person. I've seen it with my own eyes on this ride. The only ride where I saw them tell a person they had to get out of their seat was the Batman ride. He had to wait for the next seat of carts to come back and he was told to sit in a specific seat. I guess its able to handle a larger person safely.
    I see. I'm not an expert, but the 'click' makes it sound like a ratchet type, which would be pretty stupid on this ride (in addition to forcing the click on heavier people of course). Ratchet-type ones only click in certain places so they can be too loose (or maybe not click properly at all if the person is too big?) or too tight, whereas the hydraulic ones lock in any position suited for the riders' body dimensions.

I don't know where I'm going with this - I guess I was just wondering.

Here's an updated story. Really sad.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/21/us/tex...epage-t&page=0.

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    Here's an updated story. Really sad.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/21/us/tex...epage-t&page=0.
    No foul play? I would say this is more than a tragic accident. There was some negligence on the park's part.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I realize that the rides are on a time schedule, but would it have hurt to take a few seconds and double check when someone was voicing concern. This is definitely a case of stupid really hurting someone. It seems like with the liability involved the employees would be better trained. Whatever happened to the customer always being right? I feel horrible for this woman's family but can you imagine the guilt that the kid who poo pooed her concerns must feel. I would love to know what the training SOPs are.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Here's another article. From the Latino newspapers.

It was Rosy Esparza’s first visit to Six Flags Over Texas and unfortunately it was her last when she plunged to her death on Friday from the Texas Giant roll coaster ride.
    Reportedly the rides restraint came loose as the ride was in full swing and Esparza, 50, was flung from her seat on the tallest steel-hybrid roller coaster in the world.
    Witness report Esparza was hesitant about the ride because her lap bar did not secure properly. A ride attendant dismissed her concerns. She was on the ride with her young son at her side. The ride opened in 1990 and was completely refurbished in 2010 at a cost of $10 million. At 152 feet the ride boasts of having the steepest drop of any wooden roller coaster at 79 degrees.

The family is said to be in shock over the sudden and violent loss of their matriarch. Thus far they have made no statement but only confirmed her as the victim of the Texas Giant accident.
    Amado Esparza, the victim’s oldest son wrote in Spanish about his mother on his Facebook page “Nunca he pasado un d?a tan largo como ?ste. Es muy triste haber perdido a mi mam?, pero estoy feliz de haber podido disfrutar de ella al m?ximo mientras estaba viva” which translates to “I’ve never discovered a day as long as this one. It’s very sad that I lost my mom, but I’m happy that I was able to enjoy her to the maximum while she was alive.
    In her Oak Hill neighborhood, according to the Dallas News, Rosy was known for her homemade tamales and her Bible study groups hosted at home. The family headed by husband Antonio is said to have hired a lawyer to represent them.

http://www.hispanicallyspeakingnews....gs-her-/25985/

dimedropper
    the place is gonna be called "6 flags over Rosy Esparza" soon

I'm not wearing any pants
    Well, she def was a larger person but at most amusement parks if the bar doesn't click they have to tell the person they can't ride the ride and to get off. So it clicked and she was obviously okay to go.
    I actually ran a couple rides for our famous canobie lake park for a short time here in NH. So if it did infact click [even if it was just once] she was allowed to ride. But if she did not feel secure she DEF should have spoken up or got off.
    I highly doubt she had a heart attack. Ya know, not all heavy people have heart attacks. I know, hard to believe right? LOL. She may have been heavy but may have been in good health.
    All coasters should have the over shoulder kind. That is the only kind i will go on now if at all.
    Last edited by Beantown Bitch; 07-21-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Thread Information