Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court Justice and Liberal Icon, Dies at 87

Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

What do you think? Are womens lives fucked now?

Probably not

Well I am glad that the two men on MDS have come on here and told us that we are all having the vapors and don't know what we are talking about. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. Until you've been born a woman and lived the life, you don't get to tell us that we are wrong...we live this, not you.

We have a couple of members on MDS that said that their kids were conceived on bc. Do you know that there are many things that can make bc fail? I notice that the rape part was just skipped over, because that's inconvenient.

I never said that any general women couldn't be successful, but she will have to work harder and will constantly have to prove herself, and it's not the norm.

Also, with Hillary, my exact point was proven. She was WAY more qualified and she still lost. I heard person after person talk about how they couldn't vote for her just because she was a woman. All the bullshit that was slung about periods, and bleeding...do you think any man would have to put up with someone talking about his penis or semen or something like that making him not qualified? No way.

Believe it, or don't believe it. I DON'T CARE. You and your daughter mean nothing to me. But when the things I have said happen, I hope you remember that I said it would happen and feel a little guilty inside for trying to gaslight me and the other women on here who are telling you this stuff happens all the time. Just because you deny it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Peace out!

I didn't say you're wrong, I don't really know what will happen. My sister said she isn't worried about it so I'm more speaking her words when I say probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    I didn't say you're wrong, I don't really know what will happen. My sister said she isn't worried about it so I'm more speaking her words when I say probably not.
    Fair enough. At this point, I can't have babies, and I am in my mid 40's and don't have to work if I don't want to, so it won't affect me as much as it will others...but I am worried.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...preme-n1240547

Update Amy Coney Barrett is named as a Rumored candidate for Supreme Court Judge.

WASHINGTON — Amy Coney Barrett, a federal appellate court judge, has emerged as one of the front-runners to fill the Supreme Court seat left vacant by the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, three sources told NBC News.

Barrett, 48, was on the shortlist in 2018 to replace retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy when President Donald Trump ultimately selected Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

The sources note that Barrett has been vetted and is a “known quantity” given her 2017 confirmation to sit on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit based in Chicago.

Republicans thought she performed well in that venue and defended herself against allegations that her religious beliefs would color her legal judgment.

At the time, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., told her, “The dogma lives loudly within you, and that's a concern.”

Barrett responded, "It's never appropriate for a judge to impose that judge's personal convictions, whether they arise from faith or anywhere else, on the law."

Among Barrett’s perceived pluses from a GOP perspective is that she’s well-regarded by the religious right given her ardent opposition to abortion and her devout Catholic faith, she’s a former clerk to the late Justice Antonin Scalia, she’s a woman — viewed as a prerequisite in replacing the feminist icon Ginsburg — and is also a mother to seven children.

Ginsburg, a lifelong champion of women's rights and a fierce advocate for gender equality, died Friday "surrounded by her family at her home in Washington, D.C., due to complications of metastatic pancreas cancer," according to a statement from the court.
    The potential obstacles for Barrett are her views on abortion, which could complicate her confirmation, given that her position is the polar opposite of Ginsburg’s legacy on abortion rights. Separately, a number of LGBTQ and civil rights organizations were quick to share their concerns about her when she first emerged on the president’s court shortlist.

Attention is also being focused on 38-year-old North Carolina native Allison Rushing, who currently serves as a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit based in Virginia. But as NBC News reported at the time of her confirmation: “While Rushing made headlines for becoming one of the youngest and least experienced members of the federal judiciary, she also garnered attention because of her decadelong association with one of the most well-known anti-gay groups.”

In addition, two other judges are under serious consideration to fill the Supreme Court vacancy, according to multiple sources familiar with the vetting process.

One is Barbara Lagoa, a 52-year-old from Florida, who is a judge on U.S Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit based in Georgia; the other is Amul Thapar, 51, who sits on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit based in Cincinnati and is a favorite of Sen. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

While the White House will drive the nomination process in concert with Senate Republicans, the Trump campaign is likely to help fuel the GOP push to fill the Supreme Court vacancy. A campaign official, for instance, says the re-election effort will continue to pressure Joe Biden to release a list of potential Supreme Court nominees.

As for thetimeframe, Trump tweeted early Saturday that Republicans have an “obligation” to move forward “without delay!” Biden on Friday night said that Ginsburg's replacement should not come until after the election.

While the timing is fluid, a White House official and a separate source familiar with the discussions say a nominee could be announced “in the coming days.

They shouldn't be allowed to fill anything until after the election, just like they did to Obama. Bunch of hypocrites, but of course they are, they're 'religious'.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This is devastating for so many people and the last thing we need are trolls just posting shit to get a rise out of people. Especially ones that admittedly don't know what they're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

It isn't JUST about abortion... it's about access to birth control, it's about equal pay for equal work, it's about LGBT issues, it's about gun control, it's about health care, (do you think an R nominee will let ObamaCare stand?) it's about access to education both for kids and college level. It's about Social Security and the ability to vote. All of those issues that a liberal can be presumed to be in support of? The next Trump justice can be expected to be against. And not just this year or next but quite possibly for the rest of my natural life. So yeah. This is a moment to march... The only thing I've agreed with Saleen in this thread... or really ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    It isn't JUST about abortion... it's about access to birth control, it's about equal pay for equal work, it's about LGBT issues, it's about gun control, it's about health care, (do you think an R nominee will let ObamaCare stand?) it's about access to education both for kids and college level. It's about Social Security and the ability to vote. All of those issues that a liberal can be presumed to be in support of? The next Trump justice can be expected to be against. And not just this year or next but quite possibly for the rest of my natural life. So yeah. This is a moment to march... The only thing I've agreed with Saleen in this thread... or really ever.
    Yeah, but you realize the seriousness of this and you are talking about marching in seriousness. He is making fun of us.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, but you realize the seriousness of this and you are talking about marching in seriousness. He is making fun of us.
    Oh I understand that. There's a reason his ASS is blocked on my feed and has been for some time. No need to waste my limited time left here on earth with stupid. But inevitably, some one will quote him and I foolishly fail to just scroll on by.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Oh I understand that. There's a reason his ASS is blocked on my feed and has been for some time. No need to waste my limited time left here on earth with stupid. But inevitably, some one will quote him and I foolishly fail to just scroll on by.
    That's my issue. Always with the "Then hit the ignore button" but people quote his stupid shit and I get subjected to it unwillingly and people can say that I'm trying to start drama, but the reality is that he's the main shit stirrer and I have zero tolerance for fucksticks. I'm going to call them out. There's saying stupid shit to get a rise out of people which can be ignored and then there's issues like this one where it's way over the line so yeah, I'm going to call that shit out.

SO MANY people will get completely fucked for life if they allow this shitshow of an administration get their grubby hands on that seat.

She was such an icon. I have admired her for years and losing her now is heartbreaking.

She was such an icon. I have admired her for years and losing her now is heartbreaking.
    She definitely was. She was what made so much possible for so many. A true hero of the people.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Saleen, sadly, what the ladies are saying is right.

We've all noticed that since that dickhead orange fucknut was allowed to change addresses, the country has gone to shit.

He's a racist.

He's a fucking idiot.

He's a great example of an undignified, classless bastard.

Moreover, he has brought to the limelight the ugly underbelly of America, those racist pieces of shit who would rather see you and your daughter slaving away on a plantation, or "back in Africa", because they have small minds and don't give a shit about anyone whose skin color is any shade darker than their own.

Understand that we know you're proud of your daughter, her grades are badass! Congratulations, dad!! But this world isn't getting any easier for us privileged white folk who don't have trust funds, and it surely won't be easy for your daughter, either...because why? Because half the people in this country can't treat others with an ounce of respect.

After reading a little about Judge Amy Coney Barrett, I'm intrigued, to say the least. I would hope that she isn't some kind of stalwart conservative hell bent on fucking the future for American women, but you never see the wolf in sheep's clothing until it's too late.

Women have been subjugated since arriving here in 'Murica, and it still continues. Unless you've got money or a senator in your pocket, our government doesn't give two shits about you or your daughter, and they won't hesitate to prove it to you.

As it is, none of us want to see your daughter experience anything untoward or worse. We don't want her, or anyone else to suffer at the hands of those who have no problem hating others they don't know.

Women have always had it worse than those of us with testicles, and they have always had to fight that much harder just to get a seat at the table.

We just don't want anyone else to have it worse, and that could very well happen if an ultra conservative justice is appointed to the court.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Saleen, sadly, what the ladies are saying is right.

We've all noticed that since that dickhead orange fucknut was allowed to change addresses, the country has gone to shit.

He's a racist.

He's a fucking idiot.

He's a great example of an undignified, classless bastard.

Moreover, he has brought to the limelight the ugly underbelly of America, those racist pieces of shit who would rather see you and your daughter slaving away on a plantation, or "back in Africa", because they have small minds and don't give a shit about anyone whose skin color is any shade darker than their own.

Understand that we know you're proud of your daughter, her grades are badass! Congratulations, dad!! But this world isn't getting any easier for us privileged white folk who don't have trust funds, and it surely won't be easy for your daughter, either...because why? Because half the people in this country can't treat others with an ounce of respect.

After reading a little about Judge Amy Coney Barrett, I'm intrigued, to say the least. I would hope that she isn't some kind of stalwart conservative hell bent on fucking the future for American women, but you never see the wolf in sheep's clothing until it's too late.

Women have been subjugated since arriving here in 'Murica, and it still continues. Unless you've got money or a senator in your pocket, our government doesn't give two shits about you or your daughter, and they won't hesitate to prove it to you.

As it is, none of us want to see your daughter experience anything untoward or worse. We don't want her, or anyone else to suffer at the hands of those who have no problem hating others they don't know.

Women have always had it worse than those of us with testicles, and they have always had to fight that much harder just to get a seat at the table.

We just don't want anyone else to have it worse, and that could very well happen if an ultra conservative justice is appointed to the court.
    Ugh. Amy is a cult follower that thinks Women need to answer to their husbands. Trust me. Not the way to go:

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintell...52G0uhyTqm6WzA

ETA: EVERYTHING ELSE you said though? Spot on

You women are bitter and angry. I had no idea one judge made such a difference in the lives of millions of young girls and women. Now that she's gone you are all fucked. I do wish all of you well, enjoy your freedoms and your rights while you still have them bcz the evil men are going to take all of that away from you. Soon you won't be able to do anything without a man's approval. The death of just one woman will set your gender back 500 years. Its sad.

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    I've spoken to my female family members and female friends and not one of them feels their lives are now fucked just bcz the judge is dead. All this shit I'm reading here about women being fired for having babies or receiving less pay bcz they decided to start a family is fuckn crazy talk. I spent a lil time watching the news and none of the women on the news channels are worried about their lives being fucked. I'm only hearing all of this we're fucked shit from the women on mds. I wonder why.

Your sister is right, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    I've spoken to my female family members and female friends and not one of them feels their lives are now fucked just bcz the judge is dead. All this shit I'm reading here about women being fired for having babies or receiving less pay bcz they decided to start a family is fuckn crazy talk. I spent a lil time watching the news and none of the women on the news channels are worried about their lives being fucked. I'm only hearing all of this we're fucked shit from the women on mds. I wonder why.

Your sister is right, probably not.
    Because the women you are talking to are ignorant and don't know what the hell is going on in the world.

Because the women you are talking to are ignorant and don't know what the hell is going on in the world.
    LOL. Wow. That was my first laugh of the day! You seem to have it all figured out, have you considered writing a book? You could help so many women, think about it!

There are literally dozens of threads on this site where you can troll. Why can't you leave this one alone? Oh, that's right. Because you love being a dick to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    There are literally dozens of threads on this site where you can troll. Why can't you leave this one alone? Oh, that's right. Because you love being a dick to people.
    Its called freedom. I am free to do what I want, free to say what I want, even if people dont like it.

You women are angry and scared now bcz you think some of your freedoms and rights will be taken away by evil men and you dont agree with anyone taking anything away from you. But why is it ok for you to suggest my freedoms to speak be taken away? How does that work? You can say things but I cannot?

Boston Babe, I'm in an extremely good mood today and will not be a dick, for you I will go away, I won't comment back to this thread anymore.

I wish for you to have a great day :) If I could I would hug you and tell you that everything's gonna be ok, your life isn't doomed and you are not fucked.
    Enjoy your day! :)

She was quite a lady. May the Notorious RBG rest in peace....
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information