Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympian Oscar Pistorius (26) aka 'Bladerunner' (accidentally?) shoots and kills model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp (29) on Valentine's Day

Personally I wouldn't give somebody a key to my house after only two months...and, like i said, if you DO feel that way you tell somebody. If you don't it doesn't have to come up.

I don't think anybody who feels afraid at home alone at night is sitting in the dark waiting to shoot somebody. But they likely have the gun close by in case they're woken up. I had a creepy guy who lived in my building start leaving creepy and inappropriate notes at my door (when I hadn't even told him where I lived) and my cousin tried to give me a gun because I was so freaked out. If I'd taken it I wouldn't have sat up all night waiting to shoot the guy but you bet your ass if I woke up and he was standing in my room I sure as hell would shoot first and ask questions later.

Um Ron, I'm a gun owner. Dick!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Personally I wouldn't give somebody a key to my house after only two months...and, like i said, if you DO feel that way you tell somebody. If you don't it doesn't have to come up.

I don't think anybody who feels afraid at home alone at night is sitting in the dark waiting to shoot somebody. But they likely have the gun close by in case they're woken up. I had a creepy guy who lived in my building start leaving creepy and inappropriate notes at my door (when I hadn't even told him where I lived) and my cousin tried to give me a gun because I was so freaked out. If I'd taken it I wouldn't have sat up all night waiting to shoot the guy but you bet your ass if I woke up and he was standing in my room I sure as hell would shoot first and ask questions later.
    If you have someone specific you're watching out for, I think it's different than being paranoid. Just because someone isn't armed doesn't mean they want to get raped. I have no gun, I don't want to get raped.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Um Ron, I'm a gun owner. Dick!
    Yea, and?

Gun owners will shoot people. Is this breaking news or something?? For people that think they're badass, you people get sure let words hurt a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Don't be an idiot. Not all gun owners think they are bad ass. Not all shoot people. Not all have them for shooting people. Coyotes and and aggressive burglar/rapist.

It is quite common for people to be attacked in the home, car or otherwise out there. I seriously do not think him having a gun should be questioned at all. The only question is how he could shoot someone in the chest, face and arm without seeing who they were.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    It is quite common for people to be attacked in the home, car or otherwise out there. I seriously do not think him having a gun should be questioned at all. The only question is how he could shoot someone in the chest, face and arm without seeing who they were.
    i agree with this.

I could see one shot at an intruder (this coming from the gal who doesn't own a gun and never will), but multiple times?

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. - Mark Twain

I cant quote from my phone, but i was thinking the exact same thing venus. Which is probably WHY hes being charged with murder. I mean, you take out a kneecap, get to saftey, call police. Not unload your clip and then go "oops, sorry honey"

Actually, you never point a gun unless you plan to use it, and you never use it unless you have retreated as far as you can and feel you're still in danger -- and then you shoot to kill, and more than one time.

South Africa is reported to have some of the worst crime in the world. And his being charged with murder at this early stage may be a peculiarity to SA law.

Having said all that, this does not (yet) pass the smell test for me. But it's early & reports have been contradictory.

"Police said they have heard reports of an argument or shouting at the apartment complex, and that the only two people on the premises were Reeva Steenkamp and Oscar Pistorius."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=18498402

I won't feel sorry for me, I'm getting drunk
    But I'd much rather be somewhere with you

Oooh interesting find rachy!

Sorry, lurking. I was thinking she would of yelled after the first shot. He would of known it was a female at least and stopped shooting. Just my opinion.

If I was dating a gun owner, I'd fucking ask. But I assume that gun owners are just itching for a reason.
    So you admit that you make unfair and wrong assumptions about gun owners, then.

Why is it so hard to believe that people (especially women) do get attacked, raped, and killed at random? And that they might want to be able to protect themselves from that with a gun? My husband is going away for work next week, and you better believe I will be sleeping with a gun under my bed.

Yes, this. Think he will use the sleepwalking defense?

He either murdered her in cold blood, or he accidentally shot and killed her. Either way, it's sad.

No way it was an accident.

I can't quote because phone posting, but twinmutha made a good point, she would have screamed unless the head shot was first.

I don't think it was an accident.

Facts are, an incident like this, suicide, domestic violence or accidental death is way more likely to happen then successfully fending off an intruder with your gun.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

This ad probably has Nike's PR folks in a tizzy about now....

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    Whoops

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    This ad probably has Nike's PR folks in a tizzy about now....

News was saying today that it's already been pulled. Of course, it's also being splashed all over the internet now, so kind of defeats the purpose.

They did pull the ad. But damn

Jinx lol

According to media reports in South Africa this morning, security guards at the complex found Pistorius by Steenkamp's body in the bathroom after she had been shot four times through the door.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Steenkamp.html

Trish Taylor, mother of Pistorius' ex-girlfriend Samantha Taylor, wrote on Facebook: "I'm so glad Sammy is safe and out of the clutches of that man."
    But another ex-girlfriend, Jenna Edkins, defended Pistorius in messages Friday on Twitter.

"All I am saying is let him speak, let his side be heard without jumping to conclusions," Edkins wrote. She offered "love and support" to the Pistorius family and wrote: "I have dated Oscar on and off for 5 YEARS, NOT ONCE has he EVER lifted a finger to me or made me fear for my life."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...a-prosecutors/
    I won't feel sorry for me, I'm getting drunk
    But I'd much rather be somewhere with you

Oscar Pistorius
    Arrested in 2009
    For Assaulting a Woman

Olympian Oscar Pistorius -- who now stands accused of murdering his girlfriend -- was arrested in 2009 for allegedly assaulting a female friend ... TMZ has learned.

Boschkop police in South Africa tell TMZ ... Pistorius spent 24 hours in jail following his 2009 arrest ... before the alleged victim decided to drop the charges.

Pistorius is currently being held at a nearby Pretoria Prison.

According to Boschkop police, Oscar and his girlfriend Reeva NEVER had any prior incidents ... at least where cops were called.

Pistorius is set to appear before a judge tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    Oscar Pistorius
    Arrested in 2009
    For Assaulting a Woman

Olympian Oscar Pistorius -- who now stands accused of murdering his girlfriend -- was arrested in 2009 for allegedly assaulting a female friend ... TMZ has learned.

Boschkop police in South Africa tell TMZ ... Pistorius spent 24 hours in jail following his 2009 arrest ... before the alleged victim decided to drop the charges.

Pistorius is currently being held at a nearby Pretoria Prison.

According to Boschkop police, Oscar and his girlfriend Reeva NEVER had any prior incidents ... at least where cops were called.

Pistorius is set to appear before a judge tomorrow.
    I read about this SOMEWHERE (can't find the link right now) - he told a girl to leave his home at a party then he slammed the door behind her. A door panel popped out of the door and struck her leg. She filed assault charges then dropped it later.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Thread Information