Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kiesha Abrahams (6) - mother and stepfather charged with her murder

Olivia

Re: Kiesha Abrahams (6) - missing for unknown period of time

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=26337.msg1693673#msg1693673 date=1281584105]
    A psychic looking for missing Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams visited a reserve in Doonside and discovered the torso of a woman.

Police revealed today that the psychic, a local woman whose name was not released, went to the reserve at Knox Road last night because she had a "hunch" that the missing six-year-old girl's body may be there.

[/quote]

Spooky story about this.  The wife of my husband's work colleague went jogging with two others right in this area the day before the body was discovered at around 5am.  One of the joggers yelled out 'STOP' as 4 pitbull dogs came running towards them.  All of a sudden two guys dressed in black appeared from out of the bushes and called to the dogs.  Dogs ran away and the joggers called the cops after they heard the body was found  :2thescream:

Olivia

ANXIOUSLY smoking a cigarette and clutching a cup of coffee, distraught mother Kristi Abrahams couldn't bear to face the public yesterday.

A few suburbs away police were making a desperate plea for information as they unveiled a mannequin dressed in clothes identical to those of her missing child Kiesha.

It was a last-ditch effort to find the six-year-old, 18 days after she went missing from her home in Mt Druitt in Sydney's west.

Homicide detectives said Ms Abrahams and her partner Robert Smith were asked to be part of the renewed appeal for information but the pair said they were "busy".

Police hope the child-sized mannequin, dressed in pink flannelette pyjamas and a purple jacket, would jog someone's memory.

Kiesha was wearing similar clothes when her mother tucked her into bed on September 30.

"We hope the likeness might be enough to jog somebody's memory," Detective Chief Inspector Russell Oxford said.

Although Ms Abrahams and Mr Smith could not bear to face the press, they later defended their decision.

Cuddling her baby son Levi, just five weeks old, Ms Abrahams said she has not been out helping hundreds of volunteers search for Kiesha because she has responsibilities at home with the baby and two-year-old Breanna.

Mr Smith said: "She's got two kids to look after, she can't just up and go with them."

With so much attention on the family while searches are carried out, Ms Abrahams said she is living at home like a hermit, sick of people staring at her and talking about her.

"I can't even take my kids to the park or the shops to buy bread and milk because people are judging me," she said.

Mr Smith said he had helped in the search at times, but also had to look after his family.

"I've got to support my family here, too," he said.

Police refused to admit they were looking for a body during a three-day search of Nurraginjy Reserve at Doonside - the bush location where a woman's torso was found last week.

The body belonged to missing Carlingford mother Kristi McDougall and is in no way linked to Kiesha's disappearance, police said.

"We are searching there because of the other body that was found there, and for any clues about this little girl," Insp Oxford said.

As the end of the third week since Kiesha disappearance loomed, Insp Oxford said: "We will find what has happened to this young girl, I'm confident of that."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/why-kieshas-mum-isnt-out-looking-for-her-shes-too-busy-caring-for-her-other-kids/story-e6frfkvr-1225907045950#ixzz0wzySFwCC

Olivia

POLICE are investigating a series of payments made into the bank account of missing girl Kiesha Abrahams' mother and stepfather in the weeks before she disappeared.

Sources have told The Daily Telegraph up to six payments, ranging between about $500 and $600 each, were made into Kristi Abrahams' and Robert Smith's bank account - but they are yet to be explained or accounted for.

It is understood the amounts were paid in cash into the account at regular intervals leading up to when Kiesha, 6, was reported missing from Mt Druitt her home in Sydney's West on August 1.

When Mr Smith was first interviewed by police just days after the child disappeared, he said detectives had his bank records and grilled him over a number of transactions.

"They had my bank statements there and they were saying to me, 'What's this for, and what's that for?'," Mr Smith said at the time.

Ms Abrahams and Mr Smith have denied any involvement in the girl's disappearance.

Detective Inspector Russell Oxford declined to comment on the case yesterday.

"We certainly are investigating all information that comes to us," Insp Oxford said.

Ms Abrahams and Mr Smith would not return calls yesterday to explain the transactions.

It has been more than three weeks since Kiesha went missing from her home. Extensive ground searches have failed to find any trace of her.

Kiesha's biological father Chris Weippeart and grandmother Liz yesterday begged police to keep up the search so they could have some answers.

"Just please don't give up on Kiesha," Mrs Weippeart said.

Mr Weippeart is still paying child support for his daughter.

"Chris pays his child support each week, he always has, but yet we do not have a clue where she is or what is going on," Mrs Weippeart said.

In a cruel twist, thieves have targeted the memorial shrine outside Kiesha's unit block, which was set up by the community and contained hundreds of dolls, teddy bears and messages of hope.

Resident Sue-Ellen Bourke said some toys had been stolen.

"I come here every day and I can tell you we have been watching what is going on, and there are lots of things missing. It's disgusting," Ms Bourke said.

Police are looking into the theft of the toys.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/police-investigate-cash-payments-for-kieshas-mum/story-e6frfkvr-1225909120801#ixzz0xTQZzLrv

Wow.  That is about all I can think of right now after reading all of that.  Admittedly, I was already biased by the time I watched the video of her mom & stepfather, but she seemed like she was totally fake crying, just sitting there with sunglasses on, holding a tissue up to her nose, and making whiny noises every once a while... it seemed like it was a show.  I also automatically doubt any parents who are not constantly in touch with the media trying to get the message out about their missing child.  Hiding in a hotel room and not using the media attention to get the word out is fishy.

The payments into the bank account are also pretty sketchy, I'm guessing that the police are looking at those at possible payments for the girl?  Thinking maybe someone bought her?  That's the only scenario I can think of that would involve money.  Hopefully that means that she might actually be alive somewhere, though anyone who would pay for a kid probably isn't someone that has very good intentions for the kid once they get her, so either way, not a good thing :(

It's also weird to me that they keep mentioning that she was last seen wearing pajamas and a lilac jacket... if she was last seen when she was put to bed, why would she have been wearing a jacket?  I get that maybe since she had a jacket like that, and it went missing when she did, that it could be assumed she was wearing it, but still, that seems awfully weird to me.  They keep describing it in each article as "she was last seen wearing" rather than "she could have also been wearing a lilac jacket that was missing from the house when she went missing".  A kidnapper isn't going to stop to grab a jacket, and I doubt a girl that young wandering off in the middle of the night would think to grab a jacket either. 

Her mother and step father definitely seem to have something to do with her disappearance, either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

This is so horrible. I'm normally optimistic to the point of stupidity, but this ... I just can't foresee this having a happy ending, at all. 

Olivia

The natural father of missing six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams will reportedly meet police on Monday in connection with her disappearance.

Chris Weippeart, 27, will meet with police in relation to allegations he was seen near Kiesha's Mount Druitt home the morning of her disappearance, The Daily Telegraph reported on Monday.

Mr Weippeart has denied being anywhere near the Woodstock Avenue apartment block when Kiesha was reported missing on August 1.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/kieshas-natural-father-to-meet-police-20100830-13xul.html

Olivia

THE search for missing schoolgirl Kiesha Abrahams took a bizarre twist yesterday, with a report that a body had been found dumped inside a duffle bag at a western Sydney park.

Police attending the scene failed to locate any trace of the remains but found what appeared to be a blood-stained shirt.

The unusual chain of events began at 4pm on Saturday when police received a call from a woman who claimed she found a duffle bag containing human remains near Cabramatta Creek in southwest Sydney.

When police arrived at the scene, there was no trace of the bag or a body. But, interestingly, police sniffer dogs reacted as if they smelled the scent of remains.

Yesterday, police carried out an extensive ground and air search at Edwin Wheeler Oval, Sadlier.

They found no body, but discovered a yellow shirt covered in what appeared to be blood.

Local woman Katrina Parker said she was the one who discovered the shirt inside a bin.

"We were just sitting on the park bench having a cigarette and when we went to put our rubbish in the bin there was a fluoro work shirt just sitting on top of the bin," she told The Daily Telegraph.

"It was fairly stained in a dark red but nothing like a dirt stain. It was definitely blood."

The shirt - along with a rubber ball, a yellow belt and blood-stained paper towels - was removed by a forensic team and taken to the laboratory for testing.

Acting Superintendent Steve Corry said yesterday those items were not believed to be linked to the bag of human remains allegedly found but he refused to comment on the duffle bag.

Asked whether he had considered the possibility of the initial reports being a hoax, Supt Corry said: "We take all information from the public seriously."

Meanwhile, the mother and stepfather of Kiesha Abrahams yesterday spent an hour at their former home unit at Mt Druitt - from where the six-year-old allegedly disappeared five weeks ago - to collect their belongings and take them to their new address.

They quickly entered the new block and did not stop to look at the large community shrine outside the unit dedicated to their missing daughter.

The couple refused to comment on the police search for the body in the bag being carried out near Liverpool. They have consistently denied any involvement in Keisha's disappearance.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/new-twist-in-hunt-for-missing-kiesha-abrahams-as-police-hunt-body-in-bag/story-e6frfkvr-1225915034033#ixzz0ymvfYcal

[quote author=azkarisma link=topic=26337.msg1692150#msg1692150 date=1281401247]
    Is this an area where the grocery store or a nearby business might have external security cameras, to verify the man's story?

And out of 3 children in their custody, baby Aiden is confirmed dead, little Kiesha is missing, and only baby Levi is alive?   

[/quote]
    "Ms Abrahams's two-year-old daughter Breanna" is stated in a couple articles.

There just seems to be so many things wrong about this case.  But is the following truly correct??? 

Of course, if police at some stage deem a crime to have been committed in relation to Kiesha, any mention of the little girl will be forbidden in the media. Her name and photo will not be published and any sins against her will be forgotten, because of secretive laws enacted by the NSW government - aided by a negligent opposition - to evade proper scrutiny of its failed policies on child protection, under the guise of protecting privacy.

The laws will effectively extinguish the candles at Kiesha's makeshift shrine on Woodstock Avenue, just as they extinguish any outcry that should come if people hear of another child "known to DOCS" who has met a sad end.

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

Olivia

MOBILE phones belonging to the mother and stepfather of missing girl Kiesha Abrahams have been siezed by police as part of their investigation into the child's disappearance.

Kristi Abrahams and Robert Smith had to hand over their phones to homicide detectives late last week.

It has been seven weeks since the six-year-old girl was reported missing fom her home at Mt Druitt in Sydney's west on August 1.

Ms Abrahams and Mr Smith have denied any involvement in the disappearance.

Police would not comment yesterday on the significance of the mobile phones, other than to say it was part of the ongoing investigation.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/police-seize-phones-from-kieshas-parents/story-e6frfkvr-1225926502262#ixzz101LLcWGi

MISSING girl Kiesha Abrahams' mother believes her daughter was kidnapped by a couple who couldn't have children.

Two months after the six-year-old was apparently snatched in the night from her Mt Druitt home in Western Sydney, Kristi Abrahams said she can "feel it in my heart" that someone else is mothering her girl right now.

And Ms Abrahams' message to her daughter's abductors is clear: "Bring her back to me now."

Kiesha was reported missing on August 1, when Ms Abrahams found her bed empty.

Police are treating her disappearance as murder, despite her mother insisting she is alive.

"Someone has taken her, I think it was a couple who couldn't have kids of their own," Ms Abrahams said.

The mother of three said she thinks someone may have seen her pretty little Kiesha and set up a plan to abduct her for themselves.

"I just want her back so we can play her favourite Hannah Montana CD like we used to, and dance and sing."

http://www.news.com.au/national/my-kiesha-was-taken-by-a-childless-couple-says-mum-kristi-abrahams/story-e6frfkvr-1225931281194
    I won't feel sorry for me, I'm getting drunk
    But I'd much rather be somewhere with you

Kiesha Abrahams' stepfather hit her in the face, witness claims

A DRAMATIC second raid was made on the home of missing Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams yesterday after police received fresh allegations.

The Daily Telegraph reports homicide detectives and a team of forensic police wearing blue jumpsuits arrived at the family home in Woodstock Ave, Hebersham, armed with floor plans for the unit about 3pm.

They emerged carrying internal doors, skirting boards, rolls of carpet, and what appeared to be a child's mattress.

The first police search of the home began on Monday last week and the unit was sealed off as a crime scene until Wednesday.

At the weekend, Keisha's mother Kristi Abrahams and stepfather Robert Smith attended the home to collect fresh clothing.

The pair reported Kiesha, 6, missing on August 1, and said they had last seen her when they put her to bed the previous night.

The couple remain with their newborn son Levi in accommodation at Parramatta organised for them by the Department of Community Services.

Police would not elaborate on what new information they had received, other than to say it was "significant to the case".

Detectives interviewed western Sydney man, Albert Lafaele, after he claimed he saw Mr Smith punching Kiesha outside the Hebersham Friendly Grocer store two or three weeks ago.

"I was shocked. I walked past a white car and I saw this man whacking his child in the face," said Mr Lafaele, who runs weekend markets next to the supermarket.

"The girl was kicking and screaming, so I stopped in front of the car and told the man to hit me instead, which gave Kiesha a chance to jump out of the car."

Mr Lafaele, 46, said he realised the child was Kiesha after seeing her photograph.

"I'll never forget her curly hair and those eyes," he said.

"I know it's taken me a few days to come forward but I wanted to make sure 100 per cent that it was her before I said anything."
    Police are still trying to determine the veracity of the report.

Hebersham Friendly Grocer owner Peter said Kristi Abrahams and Robert Smith were regular shoppers at his store.

A psychic has also described to police a vision of Kiesha in bushland behind Amelia Way at Bidwell.

The bush is a dumping spot with couches and old clothes littered throughout the grass.
    I won't feel sorry for me, I'm getting drunk
    But I'd much rather be somewhere with you

Sad.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-n...121-29q2i.html

The natural father of slain child Kiesha Weippeart has been found dead in his Sydney home.

Six-year-old Kiesha's remains were found in a bush grave in April 2011 after she went missing from her Mount Druitt home the previous August.

The body of 29-year-old Chris Weippeart was found in his Tregear home in Sydney's west on Wednesday.

A police spokesman said there were no suspicious circumstances but investigations were under way.

His body was found at 8.15am (AEDT) on Wednesday, he said.

Kiesha's mother Kristi Abrahams is accused of her murder and is yet to stand trial.

Abraham's partner and Kiesha's stepfather, Robert Smith, 32, pleaded guilty last December to unlawfully killing Kiesha on or about July 13 last year at Mt Druitt.

Abrahams, who was not required to enter a plea when she appeared in court earlier this month, will face trial on June 17 charged with murdering her daughter.

I wonder if it was a suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    I wonder if it was a suicide.
    I think it was. If you click the link, at the end of the article they have suicide help info which they put instead of directly saying suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I think it was. If you click the link, at the end of the article they have suicide help info which they put instead of directly saying suicide.
    Ok, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Huh? you're a woman?

THE mother of Kiesha Weippeart has been barred from pleading guilty to the manslaughter of her little girl, and will stand trial next month.
    Kristi Abrahams, the mother of the six year old whose body was found six months after she was reported missing by her family, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the Supreme Court this morning, and not guilty to murder.

But Justice Ian Harrison was told by prosecutor Christopher Maxwell QC that the Crown wouldn't accept the guilty pleas to manslaughter and interfering with a corpse.

She is due to stand trial for murder in the Supreme Court from June 17.

The little girl was reported missing in August 2010. Her remains were found in bushland in Shalvey, in Sydney's west, in April 2011. Ms Abrahams and her partner, Kiesha's stepfather, Robert Smith were arrested that day.

Smith, who pleaded guilty to her manslaughter in December 2011, is due to be sentenced in the Supreme Court tomorrow.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national-news...#ixzz2S5vnwbfQ

Robert Smith has been jailed for at least 12 years for the manslaughter of his six-year-old stepdaughter.

Smith, 34, made a "simple and cowardly choice" not to seek help for the critically-ill little girl after she was knocked unconscious by another person in her western Sydney home in July 2010, Justice Megan Latham said.

And when she died, he kept her body in a suitcase for five days before setting it alight and burying it in bushland, the Supreme Court in Sydney heard.

He then pretended for the next eight months the little girl had gone missing.

The child was eventually reported missing from her Mt Druitt home, in western Sydney, on August 1, sparking a large-scale police search and nationwide media frenzy.

Her remains were discovered in bushland at Mt Druitt in April 2011 - on what would have been her seventh birthday - following a lengthy undercover police operation.

Smith pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of the girl on the grounds of negligence and to being an accessory after the fact of murder.

Another person, who cannot be named for legal reasons, will stand trial for the child's murder later this year.

Imposing a maximum 16-year sentence on Friday for both offences, Justice Latham said it was hard to envisage what more Smith could have done to increase the seriousness of his offending.

"His failure to seek treatment and his complete disregard for the welfare of the child evidenced in his decision to go to work that morning is gross criminal negligence of a very high order," she said.

The little girl was "helpless and vulnerable" and dependent on Smith - "the person who stood by and did nothing" - for survival, she said.

The little girl's plight would have moved all but the "most callous and unfeeling of adults" not to seek medical attention, she added.

The court heard there was evidence the little girl had suffered severe physical abuse in the weeks and months before her death and Justice Latham said Smith must have been aware of the abuse.

Smith remained expressionless throughout the sentencing.

Former family friend Alison Anderson yelled out "rot in hell" as he was led away.

He will be eligible for parole in April 2023.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/latest/...-stepdaughter/

I missed the news of them finding her body and wonder how it occurred? What I found is like a t.v crime show.
    http://annamariacom.blogspot.com/201...al-begins.html

Police allege that Kiesha Abrahams was killed by her mother and stepfather in their Sydney unit between July 20 and 27, 2010. They further allege that they kept the body of the child in their unit for several days, then Smith put her in a suitcase and took her to an isolated spot in the bush, burnt her remains and buried her there. In the middle of the night, carrying a bunch of flowers, Kristi Abrahams and Robert Smith walked into a police trap.

It was Kiesha's seventh birthday and police got a tip-off that the couple would visit the grave that day, and when they did, 30 police officers would be waiting. The couple bought flowers at a local kiosk and took a taxi to nearby Shalvey, where they set off on foot into the bush. They spent a long time around Kiesha's grave and around 1 am, as they were on their way back, police emerged from the bush and arrested them. After their arrest, they had the audacity to ask for permission to leave prison to attend Kiesha's funeral.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/kie...-1226072921168

Police will also allege that, following Kiesha's disappearance last year, they found blood in her bedroom as well as the master bedroom, loungeroom and entrance to the unit she had shared with her mother and stepfather in Woodstock Ave, Mt Druitt.

"The blood is on the floors, doors, lounge and bedsheets," police allege in the statement.

The documents allege blood stains that were not visible to the naked eye were discovered using luminol, a chemical police use to enhance the visibility of blood.

"This product revealed larger areas of blood that appeared to have been cleaned," the statement by homicide squad detectives said.

It will also be alleged that Abrahams' and Smith's communications included a text message between the pair the night before they reported Kiesha missing, when they told police they were together with their children - including Kiesha - watching the movie The Golden Compass. Neither Abrahams nor Smith could explain the text.

Last night Channel 7 revealed police allegations that Kiesha was murdered on July 14.

She allegedly died after being thrown against the wall and knocked unconscious, causing blood to seep out of her ears. She was then allegedly put in the shower and, still wet, put to bed.

Police allege that the next morning, the six-year-old was dead but her parents left her body in the house until July 18, when they packed her remains into a suitcase and took it to the bushland in Shalvey.

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

Quote Originally Posted by poppy213 View Post

She allegedly died after being thrown against the wall and knocked unconscious, causing blood to seep out of her ears. She was then allegedly put in the shower and, still wet, put to bed.
    How awful. poor kid.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    This makes me want to throw up. Fuck that guy's 12 years. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Kristi Anne Abrahams will face a murder trial after admitting to killing her six-year-old daughter Kiesha Weippeart.

Abrahams, 29, pleaded guilty in the Supreme Court in Sydney on Thursday to the manslaughter of her daughter
    and to interfering with her remains.
    But her guilty plea to manslaughter was not accepted by the crown and she will stand trial next month for murder,
    to which she has pleaded not guilty.
    Kiesha was reported missing from her home at Mt Druitt, in western Sydney, on August 1, 2010.

Abrahams was charged with murder after human remains were discovered in bushland at Mt Druitt eight months later in April 2011,
    on what would have been Kiesha's seventh birthday.
    Crown prosecutor Christopher Maxwell, QC, told the court the main issue in the trial would be whether
    the crown could prove Abrahams had the necessary state of mind to commit murder.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...kiesha-killing

This piece of shit does not deserve to be called mother, unless it followed by fucker!

THE mother of Kiesha Weippeart has pleaded guilty to the little girl's murder.

Kristi Anne Abrahams entered the plea of guilty to murder on the day the murder trial was due to begin.

Justice Ian Harrison had adjourned the case until next Monday, when her sentencing hearing will begin.

Abrahams tried to plead guilty to manslaughter earlier this year, but it was rejected by the prosecution.

Her de facto partner, Robert Smith, was sentenced earlier this year for the six year old's manslaughter.

Abrahams and Smith reported Kiesha missing to police in August 2010. Her remains were found in bushland near Shalvey, in Western Sydney in April 2012.

The pair was arrested near the spot where the little girl was buried.

Last month, Abrahams' partner, Robert Smith, was jailed for at least 12 years after he pleaded guilty to manslaughter on the grounds of negligence and to being an accessory after the fact of murder.

The court heard Abrahams knocked the little girl unconscious in July 2010, before the couple put her to bed and did not seek medical help.

After she died, they kept Kiesha's body in a suitcase for five days before burning it and burying her remains in a shallow bushland grave.

They then pretended for the next eight months that the little girl had disappeared from home.

Following a lengthy undercover police operation, Abrahams and Smith were arrested at the scene of Kiesha's shallow grave.

A post-mortem examination of Kiesha's body showed she had suffered long-term physical abuse in the weeks and months leading up to her death.

The officer in charge of the murder investigation, Detective Inspector Russell Oxford, said Abraham's guilty plea was the culmination of three years of police work.

“It's almost three years since Kiesha Weippeart died and there's a lot of sadness for the family, justification for the efforts put in by the police,” he told reporters outside court.

The case had taken its toll on the officers involved, he said.

“The hours that we put into this, it was very emotional, very difficult all the way.”

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/nat...#ixzz2WRZeqALS

The abuse started years before Kiesha was murdered by her mother.

The little girl was just 15 months' old when Kristi Anne Abrahams viciously bit her daughter's shoulder.

Five years later, when Kiesha was reported missing by a seemingly distraught Abrahams and her partner Robert Smith,
    they described the little girl as "always happy, bubbly".

But that shoulder bite was only the first known incident in a short life filled with severe physical abuse.

Snipped
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/latest/...kiesha-murder/

Thread Information