Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Fan Fiction

I don't think crazy should be required reading.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    I came to MDS because of the Morgan thread. I was directed to certain other threads to move me out of he Morgan thread. I had a certain member (you know who you are, muah) make me read the Baudelaire thread!! I think that thread should be a mandatory read before you are allowed to post!!!
    I read most of the Baudelaire thread, but then the site crashed, and when it came back, I don't know if I couldn't find it or the formatting was too annoying to read or what, but in any case, I never finished it. I will never know if anything ever happened eventually!
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

spoiler alert. no.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    spoiler alert. no.
    (that's what I was told - but I didn't want to ruin the surprise ending for anyone )
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    What?? Haha fuck that. I haven't read one page of that horseshit.
    First that reference was just in relation to moving folks to other areas of the forum...I don't give a fuck that you didn't read it and on that same note I keep hearing that the new folks should move out into the forum. So direct them. If they waste three days of their lives on a thread so be it....they ventured out. Folks can't ask newbies to move out to explore and then criticize them no matter how they post. That is a set up. I haven't been here that long but I don't consider myself new either. I try and direct folks to threads that may interest them. Instead of everyone complaining how bout help em out. If they chose not to listen, follow advice from veteran posters on tech stuff so be it that is THEIR choice! This is an internet forum. Anyone can post or not post if they so chose. I was terrified to post because of some of the older members. I got over it, took my licks and I'm still here.

Second and I realize I am part of the what happened to the fan fic???
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I don't think crazy should be required reading.
    In my defense I WAS new and took the suggestions of some well meaning older MDS folks. And BTW...I have mentioned this before and I say this with love....you were the one that got me interested in the Jodi thread was back when. I read that entire thread from the beginning!
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "it is what it is!"

awwww greens, do you feel jello? don't worry! you can always participate in the impending smite war....
    Smite War? I've gotten more reps from my posts in this thread, from Jodi thread posters. I've gotten one smite and I responded publicly to it - to which I got more reps....from Jodi posters. I think that says something.

I came to MDS because of the Morgan thread. I was directed to certain other threads to move me out of he Morgan thread. I had a certain member (you know who you are, muah) make me read the Baudelaire thread!! I think that thread should be a mandatory read before you are allowed to post!!!
    I haven't read it either, but I think Batman has a point - those of the Morgan thread were given older (and essentially 'complete') threads to take a look at. It gave us a feel for the site and the users. I think it's what helped us become better users and members of the community as a whole, because we saw the decorum, the expected behavior, the ribbing that happened and then that 2 pages later people were cool again, ect. We were also directed toward 'safe' threads - such as the pet thread, which common, who is an asshole in the pet thread?
    This isn't the case so much with people who join for 1 topic and stay in that topic alone. All they get is exposed to that threads behavior and think that's how to behave everywhere. Which is bad.

Second and I realize I am part of the what happened to the fan fic???
    We held a revolution and overtook this thread with intelligent conversation, that's what happened to the fan fic. From what I'm told, fan fic has taken up residency back in your main thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    Smite War? I've gotten more reps from my posts in this thread, from Jodi thread posters. I've gotten one smite and I responded publicly to it - to which I got more reps....from Jodi posters. I think that says something.

I haven't read it either, but I think Batman has a point - those of the Morgan thread were given older (and essentially 'complete') threads to take a look at. It gave us a feel for the site and the users. I think it's what helped us become better users and members of the community as a whole, because we saw the decorum, the expected behavior, the ribbing that happened and then that 2 pages later people were cool again, ect. We were also directed toward 'safe' threads - such as the pet thread, which common, who is an asshole in the pet thread?
    This isn't the case so much with people who join for 1 topic and stay in that topic alone. All they get is exposed to that threads behavior and think that's how to behave everywhere. Which is bad.

We held a revolution and overtook this thread with intelligent conversation, that's what happened to the fan fic. From what I'm told, fan fic has taken up residency back in your main thread.
    Oh I see, lol! You make a very good point in terms of reading older (and very long) threads. It really did give me a sense of the climate of the forum and the different personalities. I would have never have gotten to know Ron () for example and know that he is just what he is and there ain't no changing it!
    "it is what it is!"

Oh I see, lol! You make a very good point in terms of reading older (and very long) threads. It really did give me a sense of the climate of the forum and the different personalities. I would have never have gotten to know Ron () for example and know that he is just what he is and there ain't no changing it!
    Why would you want to change Ron? MDS is a society. You need people like Ron. He's not going to fart rainbows at you when you tell him you're pregnant. He's going to seriously ask you "Do you want to be?" He's the reality checker of the community. Sometimes his reality can lack logic (seriously - women can kill - Aileen Wuornos anyone?) but hey, that's what make it great to talk to Ron: you never know what to get. Like did you know he has a racist cat?

In my defense I WAS new and took the suggestions of some well meaning older MDS folks. And BTW...I have mentioned this before and I say this with love....you were the one that got me interested in the Jodi thread was back when. I read that entire thread from the beginning!
    I don't know how I did that. In my own defense, I never thought that shit would go to trial. Well, I predicted next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    That shit was epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Why would you want to change Ron? MDS is a society. You need people like Ron. He's not going to fart rainbows at you when you tell him you're pregnant. He's going to seriously ask you "Do you want to be?" He's the reality checker of the community. Sometimes his reality can lack logic (seriously - women can kill - Aileen Wuornos anyone?) but hey, that's what make it great to talk to Ron: you never know what to get. Like did you know he has a racist cat?
    Yea, she shot a bunch of dudes. That's totally plausible!
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I don't want to change Ron at all!! I lub him!
    "it is what it is!"

Yea, she shot a bunch of dudes. That's totally plausible!
    She also moved their bodies.

God damn it now you've given me a prime studying procrastination. Damn you Ron!

She also moved their bodies.

God damn it now you've given me a prime studying procrastination. Damn you Ron!

My cat isn't racist.

I call fan fiction.

My cat isn't racist.

I call fan fiction.
    Hey, you're the one that says he wears blackface - not me.

Hey, you're the one that says he wears blackface - not me.
    It's true.

It's true.
    Isn't that racist?

Aileen Wuornos was an ugly lesbian and therefore capable of murder. Jodi Arias is pretty and heterosexual, therefore cannot possibly be a murderer! There's some Ron logic for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    Aileen Wuornos was an ugly lesbian and therefore capable of murder. Jodi Arias is pretty and heterosexual, therefore cannot possibly be a murderer! There's some Ron logic for ya.
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    She also shot dudes. Dogs can shoot people. I ain't impressed.

She also shot dudes. Dogs can shoot people. I ain't impressed.
    Your logic is stupid. I know that retort is akin to one a 4 year old would give, but I just don't care enough about the feminist movement to get my pannies in a bunch that you think a woman couldn't do this.

Your logic is stupid. I know that retort is akin to one a 4 year old would give, but I just don't care enough about the feminist movement to get my pannies in a bunch that you think a woman couldn't do this.
    It's not that I think a woman couldn't do this, I think this specific woman couldn't.

Thread Information