Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why has the 6 month subscription increased in price?

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bitch View Post
    Also, how come i can give rep to non preemie members but i don't have the thing so people can give me rep? All i see is the report post thing? can i not see it becaue i got taken of preeemie?
    I don't think you've ever been able to see the rep button on your own posts, because you can't give yourself rep. I think. If I'm understanding what you asked correctly. :)

D'oh. Left my puter sitting and didn't refresh and read before replying so I missed Nestle's post saying the same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

I'm not wearing any pants
    yeah, prob just me being a doofus. I can't see it because i'm not preemie i think. i know i can't give myself rep but i just thought you could see it there whether you were preemie or not cause i can see it on other non preemies and now i'm rambling...blah bla blah....lol hahahaaaa

moddies can just zap this pointless post now if they feel the need. But i actually still want to know why the price went up.

Bean back in red! Good color for her imho.
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

yeah baby/ red means POWER! I'm back baby!

Shit Bean, should have ponied up in 2007 when it was like $25 for life. AND you got a cool sticker. AND a t shirt. See like this shit man!

Plus, back then, Mike was offering free cheeseburger passes at In and Out. You totally fucked this up.
    Last edited by PCP777; 08-29-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Aww man, muther fucker, i missed that shit. love that shirt! Is that you rockin out? CHEESEBURGERS? WELL fuck me. Always wanted to try in and out. none around me though.

I get money is tight, but I'd pay you 50 cents a month to have not read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bitch View Post
    Aww man, muther fucker, i missed that shit. love that shirt! Is that you rockin out? CHEESEBURGERS? WELL fuck me. Always wanted to try in and out. none around me though.
    'Tis I.

I do believe Bean got her answer so said someone could lock the thread Olivia.

moddies can just zap this pointless post now if they feel the need. But i actually still want to know why the price went up. Bean
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    I do believe Bean got her answer so said someone could lock the thread Olivia.

moddies can just zap this pointless post now if they feel the need. But i actually still want to know why the price went up. Bean
    Typically it ties in with oil prices so when there is conflict in the middle east, and at the sametime domestic natural gas prices declining do to over drilling, you'll see a bump in the MDS price. Even though the housing market is making gains I'm pretty sure the fact that unemployment is still too high has Mike hedging his bet. You might see a drop in price after Labor Day.

This is so stupid. Pay the 3 damn dollars or shut up.

If you had any sense you would have went preemie a long tune ago when it was cheaper and lifetime.

Gah, so retarded.

Let me add some detail:

MDS Membership prices have soared nearly 8% in the last week alone, touching $15 a membership in overnight trading -- their highest level in over two years.

The fear is that Western intervention in Syria over that country's suspected use of chemical weapons could engulf MDS in articles coming from the region.

But membership has been gaining for weeks as a labor strike in Libya, widespread theft in Nigeria and ongoing problems in Iraq have driven new members to MDS.

Gasoline prices, however, have been holding around $3.50 a gallon which has the greatest impact on the six month price point.

While they may tick higher in response to rising oil -- AAA's national average price rose 1.8 cents Thursday to $3.56 -- gas prices are on a longer-term, cyclical path down. The end of summer vacations means fewer MDS'ers will be on the forum, cutting demand. And as cooler temperatures mean less pollution risk, Mike and the MODS can switch to "winter blends" of articles, which are cheaper to produce.
    "If this were April, we'd be going ballistic," said J, chief MDS analyst and field expert. "But there are a lot of things beyond the Middle East that should act to keep membership prices temperate."

Did I get high this morning or is this thread really happening?

Bean is correct about the sheriff's badge, though. We used to have one on our posts and when we hovered over it, you could see if you'd gotten reps on that post. They are gone now.

ETA We can report ourselves though.

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    Bean is correct about the sheriff's badge, though. We used to have one on our posts and when we hovered over it, you could see if you'd gotten reps on that post. They are gone now.

^^^ This

As for the price going up, I'm sure it has to do with what it costs to maintain the site. More server space needs to be purchased so the site runs smoother, there's yearly domain fees, etc.

Running a site like this doesn't come cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    ^^^ This

As for the price going up, I'm sure it has to do with what it costs to maintain the site. More server space needs to be purchased so the site runs smoother, there's yearly domain fees, etc.

Running a site like this doesn't come cheap.
    The main reason frivilous threads are frowned upon. "Can't have your cake and eat it too."
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    The main reason frivilous threads are frowned upon. "Can't have your cake and eat it too."
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I get money is tight, but I'd pay you 50 cents a month to have not read this thread.
    Reason for me to go premie

I have more of one of them Jewish star thingies.

What language is this

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post

Meh, i see nothing wrong with the thread. It's a legit question. I can't understand why everytime i make a thread someone has a problem with it. As i said before, i hardly ever make threads. So with that being said olivia, do you know why the price went up? Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post

I knew it. thanks.

Thread Information