Thread: Recognize these photos? High school portraits found in decades-old murder case file

Recognize these photos? High school portraits found in decades-old murder case file

https://www.wmur.com/article/recogni...-file/34224693

QUINCY, Mass. '

Detectives hope that four faded school pictures found in a decades old case file could lead to new information about a teenager believed to have been murdered by a serial killer.

Quincy police say they believe the photos were taken by a photography company that worked in Massachusetts during the early 1980s.

The four photos were found in the Orange County, Florida case file for a body found in April 1984. Quincy police said the body was found partially buried in a field and went unidentified for nearly 27 years.

The remains were finally identified in 2011 as Colleen Osburn, a 15-year-old who was reported missing from her home in Daytona Beach about a month before the body was discovered.

Investigators said the killer is suspected to be serial killer Christopher Wilder, but the case has remained open.

Wilder, a photographer and racecar driver who earned the nickname "Beauty Queen Killer" because of his crimes, died in New Hampshire after being noticed by state troopers in April 1984. He struggled with the troopers and was fatally shot.

"Recently the Orange County Sheriff's Office Cold Case Unit took a fresh look at Colleen's case and located some photos of young women in the case file," police said.

The photos were traced back to Miller Studio Photographers, which was engaged with taking senior portraits for several high schools in and around Quincy at the time.

Investigators said they were also able to enhance the writing on the back of each picture, making the messages at least partially decipherable. They said:

Top left: 'would never be the same without you! Haha! I still getting used to the idea that we are all Seniors now can you believe it. Hope we still see each other after school. Love Kathe' (Miller Studio Photographers)

Top right: 'love Susan' (Miller Studio Photographers)

Bottom left: 'To Jen, I'm glad we became good friends. Let's stay close. I only live right up the street. Have a real nice future in everything you do. Friends always. Love Michelle'

Bottom right: 'Jennie, We have been best friends since 4th grade and I certainly hope our friendship continues'

Anyone who recognizes the girls in these photos, or who may know the girls to whom the messages were addressed, is asked to contact the Orange County Sheriff's Office Cold Case Team at: ocsocoldcase@ocfl.net or Call Corporal Dave Nutting at: 407-254-7000 Ext. 70538. Information can also be given to Detective Sergeant David Pacino at 617-745-5721 or dpacino@quincyma.gov.

Last edited by up2trouble; 09-30-2020 at 06:50 PM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    That's sad. A little before my time and I was about 20 miles from Quincy. I hope they find someone who can identity them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

So is this "Jen" a possible victim?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    So is this "Jen" a possible victim?
    I would assume so. Or they at least suspect it.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I want to know more about Christopher Wilder, suspected serial killer.

Pretty mind-boggling how primitive Missing Persons policing was 40 years ago. A 15yo girl is reported missing from Volusia County, a young girl's body is found in Orange County four weeks later. From the center of one county to the center of the other is 48 miles. It took them 27 years to make the connection.

I wonder why they want to contact these other girls? Surely, once they identified the victim, they could go back over school records, yearbooks, family, friends, etc. to find out who she used to hang out with - and some of them would recognize the girls?

ETA: Duh, just reread the article. These photos didn't come from the identified victim. They came from the suspected murderer. Sorry, long day in the car....
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to up2trouble again.

Apparently I show you too much of the loves; but WOW - that article! I can't believe I've never heard of him.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information