Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Per Request: Video of secret Mormon ceremony inside temple

Joseph smith is nothing but a fake, a liar, a schemer and womanizer. He claimed he could see futuristic stuff by wearing a special set of glasses or sticking his head into this one hat.

No wonder him and his brother were murdered. They were con artists with rich people following them. They say to never take away or add to the bible and the mormons did just that with the book of mormon, the doctor and covenants and the pearl of great price. Every single one of those books contradicts their teachings.

And it is true that they did not allow black people into the church for the longest time.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Joseph smith is nothing but a fake, a liar, a schemer and womanizer. He claimed he could see futuristic stuff by wearing a special set of glasses or sticking his head into this one hat.

No wonder him and his brother were murdered. They were con artists with rich people following them. They say to never take away or add to the bible and the mormons did just that with the book of mormon, the doctor and covenants and the pearl of great price. Every single one of those books contradicts their teachings.

And it is true that they did not allow black people into the church for the longest time.
    Now that's just fucking funny. You know John Smith was all, 'these rich people are so fucking stooopid! I told them Jesus is an alien! bahahahahah!' I mean, really. I'm lol'ing now just thinking about it. But, the guy is genius. Think about it. David Keresh failed, Jonestown failed, the suicidal drink this cool aid and hop on an alien ship people failed, all these other cults have failed, other than Scientology, so he is genius.

I hate that religion to be honest. I mean, when my dad went missing, they threatened to excommunicate my mother. It was sickening. my mom and dad were always doing the mormon stuff, very active and they paid tithing regularly and it was a lot of money.

Funny thing is, is that when my mom came back here from spokane, her church friends knew she was back but she hadnt been to church because she was sick and on dialysis all the time.
    So when mom went off dialysis, she told me to call the church and let the bishop know and to also call my moms dear mormon friend of 30 fucking years that my mom was dying. My mom wanted them to know so they would come in and offer blessings, prayer, comfort and also provide meals for the family since we were tkaing care of mom in her last days.

My mothers 'dear fucking friend of 30 yrs' showed up with a lasagna and said 'well, the bishop didnt realize she was back her ein town and so we can help with one meal and thas it'.
    I fucking lost it. I will say that it's not because we needed food, i mean we were stressed and trying to be there for mom. I was absolutely pissed off that after all the work my parents did in the church, it didnt matter. Even moms fuckface friend backed away and it was weird to me. Her name was shirley and she called me a few days after mom passed and she asked us how we were doing and i told her to go to hell and hung up.

ok, im going to bed, i just got pissed over that. Sorry.
    *runs off to take xanax*

I wonder why they back away when your dad went missing. That's fucked up. The whole thing is fucked up.

The freemasons are also given a name prior to being initiated and entering the Temple. Their handshake has to do with their degree. Something about a 1st degree mason puts pressure on the base joint of the first finger of the receivers hand, 2nd degree 2nd finger, etc. This is how Masons identify with other Masons they come across and are able to communicate which degree they are. I don't understand how a 1st degree and a 3rd degree shakes hands. It seems like it would be awkward and obvious.
    Freemasons also have to agree to never tell the secrets of the freemason rituals or risk being killed by their brother masons. They are also pledged to back their brothers, even if it means committing perjury in a court of law, to protect each other. Fucked up and scary shit.
    Last edited by blu; 11-15-2012 at 07:05 AM.

It is, but I find it intriguing.

I find Mormonism disturbingly fascinating.

I read some posts on exmormon.org and most of the members have said that the name they are given in the temple is the same name that is given to everyone on that given day.

The same person who posted the video in my OP posted a baptism for the dead ritual and it was very strange. The poor girl was barely given a chance to take a breath before being dunked back under the water again.

wow, thank you all so much for sharing your stories here. It is really great to hear this, from an informational standpoint. And again, Under the Banner of Heaven. It's a about a famous murder of LDS women by LDS men, but it gives a shit ton of information about the history of the faith. Just wow.

I concur that Mormons overall are nice kind people, la de da, aren't we all, but the backstory of the faith is absolutely amazing. Like, jaw dropping really.

I'mma say it: Sheeple.

and also, I am not so sure black folk are really welcome right now. Still can not hold the highest level.

When you get baptised for the dead, you do get a chance to take a breath but if for some reason a piece of your clothing doesnt go all the way under water, they have to repeat the whole thing.

Each church has their own baptismal font also. To me it was like a big tiled bathtub and i remember it was blue. It was actually behind those one rigid curtain things.

When you turn 8 in that church, they figure that is the 'age of accountability'. A missionary comes and visits you and your fmaily and they give you a handbook to study. Then you have to meet with the bishop in private and he asks you a bunch of questions basically to see if you understand what it means to be baptised.
    I cant for the life of me remember what the questions were but i remember the whole scenario.

Everyone from the church showed up, it was later in the evening. they all sat in folded up chairs and there was a lot of praying and then i had to walk into the tub thing. then i got baptizes and received a ton of flowers from church members. THAT right there is where your church record starts.

I have never seen a black person in a mormon church. I know they look down on races mixing tho. The whole thing about having multiple kids kills me. One prominent mormon family here has 6 girls and 4 boys. They all had more children and then their children had more children. 'It's more people for their kingdoms in heaven'.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I have never seen a black person in a mormon church. I know they look down on races mixing tho. The whole thing about having multiple kids kills me. One prominent mormon family here has 6 girls and 4 boys. They all had more children and then their children had more children. 'It's more people for their kingdoms in heaven'.
    I've seen Black Mormons before. I've seen them in the ummm I dunno, building? Temple? Kiosk?
    There's a HUGE one (building) on Columbus and West 68th Street in Manhattan. I didn't know there were enough in NYC to fill a building that big to be honest.

My friend picked up a Mormon chick once. She was the coat check girl at a club, and when we went out to his car after the place closed, she was in it. She lived in a house with a bunch of Mormon girls or some shit, and when we dropped her off, I remember it being weird. I was fucked up and I'm probably leaving out a lot of important details.

#coolstorybro
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Like was there a pillow fight, or what??

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Thank you for explaining so much about Mormons. When I was looking into Josh Powell he referenced born in the church and different levels, I apologize I don't remember them all. I found a forum for ex Mormons. There are a lot of angry people who feel betrayed by the church. That led me to a forum for ex Jehovah's Witnesses. The last meeting I attended was over 30 years ago and I am still considered apostate. My brother and s-i-l seldom talk with me because I disassociated myself. I can see a lot of similarities with the Mormons and JWs. Up until 5 years ago, I was questioned on whether I would ever go back. My answer was always a firm NO, I'm not sure what made them think I would ever go back after that long. I guess I should feel lucky they still want me back.

ETA: Are the Osmonds held to a higher standard than ordinary Mormons? Everyone I've ever met mentions the Osmonds with such pride.
    Last edited by Crazy Lady; 11-16-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: ET: cover up my own stupidity
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Lady View Post
    Thank you for explaining so much about Mormon's. When I was looking into Josh Powell he referenced born in the church and different levels, I apologize I don't remember them all. I found a forum for ex Mormon's. There are a lot of angry people who feel betrayed by the church. That led me to a forum for ex Jehovah's Witnesses. The last meeting I attended was over 30 years ago and I am still considered apostate. My brother and s-i-l seldom talk with me because I disassociated myself. I can see a lot of similarities with the Mormon's and JW's. Up until 5 years ago, I was questioned on whether I would ever go back. My answer was always a firm NO, I'm not sure what made them think I would ever go back after that long. I guess I should feel lucky they still want me back.

ETA: Are the Osmonds held to a higher standard than ordinary Mormon's? Everyone I've ever met mentions the Osmonds with such pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    OMG, I love you. That is my biggest grammar pet peeve.

If I promise to proofread, will you save the puppy?
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    OMG, I love you. That is my biggest grammar pet peeve.
    It was so frequent and distracting, I'm not even really sure what the post was about. Cliffhanger! The Mormon's what!?!? Hahaha.

If I promise to proofread, will you save the puppy?
    Haha probably not. Dogs make me nervous. Kittens would be a different story though.

One last pic:

It was so frequent and distracting, I'm not even really sure what the post was about. Cliffhanger! The Mormon's what!?!? Hahaha.

<snif snif> I'm usually not that bad. I'm soooo sorry. Yes, Mormons. Got it. Whenever I talk about JW I lose what little mind I have left.

The Osmonds just happen to be a really famous family AND they are mormon. Look at the size of that damn family.

And Ron, there are churches (that are decent sized and each church has 'wards'. So depending on your location is the ward you are supposed to be in and that determines what time church services are for you. They may start at 9am for one ward and then 11 for another and then 1 pm for another.

There are also 'stake centers'. These are a little bit bigger and more elaborate in their design. Everytime the head prophet or whatevr he's called ( i had a brain fart) has a message or teaching for the church, all the wards take turn going to the stake center to listen to the message. Or they have conferences and it's all satelitte and being streamed from the salt lake stake center. The mormon tabernachle is there also.

The temples....well you would know if it was a temple. Its giant and its gated and really well lighted and no one is allowed there.
    This is one is manhattan and not at all what i would have thought it to be. Not very visually stunning at all.

Oregon:

Annnnd of course salt lake:

Haha probably not. Dogs make me nervous. Kittens would be a different story though.

One last pic:

Come on, I'm sure you have more than that! If I promise to proof read AND think while I'm typing (which is painful), will you save the kitty?

<snif snif> I'm usually not that bad. I'm soooo sorry. Yes, Mormons. Got it. Whenever I talk about JW I lose what little mind I have left.
    I can respect that.

The Osmonds just happen to be a really famous family AND they are mormon. Look at the size of that damn family.

And Ron, there are churches (that are decent sized and each church has 'wards'. So depending on your location is the ward you are supposed to be in and that determines what time church services are for you. They may start at 9am for one ward and then 11 for another and then 1 pm for another.

There are also 'stake centers'. These are a little bit bigger and more elaborate in their design. Everytime the head prophet or whatevr he's called ( i had a brain fart) has a message or teaching for the church, all the wards take turn going to the stake center to listen to the message. Or they have conferences and it's all satelitte and being streamed from the salt lake stake center. The mormon tabernachle is there also.

The temples....well you would know if it was a temple. Its giant and its gated and really well lighted and no one is allowed there.
    This is one is manhattan and not at all what i would have thought it to be. Not very visually stunning at all.
    I'm sure real estate prices have something to do with it. The boring ass building in NYC probably cost more than the other two combined. And the old churches we have here are already grand enough. They could have stomped the competition. Haha.

What kind of message does the prophet have to get out?!?!

I'd just like to take this moment to say that as an Atheist, all religions sound nutzo. Wait, did I say that already? Probably. Ha. But it's funny to me to literally hear people say "Xenu? Seer stones? Zeus? Well that's all silliness. Bunch of myths....unlike the virgin birth. Now that's real!"

Come on, I'm sure you have more than that! If I promise to proof read AND think while I'm typing (which is painful), will you save the kitty?
    Always save kittens. Always.

Crazy noob.

Always save kittens. Always.

Crazy noob.
    Crazy noob born and raised on Long Island! I was almost like your neighbor.

Thread Information