Thread: Saanvi Venna (10 months old) found deceased

Saanvi Venna (10 months old) found deceased

UPPER MERION TWP., Pa. - October 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they have recovered the body of Saanvi Venna, the 10-month-old girl who was taken in a violent abduction from her family's King of Prussia apartment on Monday.

The location of where her body was found has not yet been made public.

A person of interest has been taken into police custody. However, that person's identity has not yet been released.
    Related Content

Saanvi Venna was taken from her family's Upper Merion home at the Marquis Apartments on Monday, October 22, during the murder of her grandmother, Satyavathi Venna. Authorities issued an Amber Alert Monday afternoon.

61-year-old Satyavathi Venna had been visiting her son and daughter-in-law and was home alone with the baby at the time.

On Wednesday police returned to the scene with three K-9 dogs. They descended a steep embankment behind the apartment building and searched a field and wooded area below.

On Thursday the reward offered for Saanvi's safe return was increased to $10,000 by the Citizen's Crime Commission of the Delaware Valley, Upper Merion Township Police, the Montgomery County District Attorney's office and the Telugu Association of North America (TANA).

The Montgomery County District Attorney's Office is working with the FBI on what is now a dual investigation into Saanvi's disappearance and the murder of Satyavathi Venna

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=8861181

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

What is this world coming too?? Why kill this child? She can't tell on you. How awful.

Gah!!
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

aw i thought they would find her alive

article about her grandma http://www.montgomerynews.com/articl...mode=fullstory

Whoa, I'm guessing one of those crazies who wanted to steal a baby?

Missing Baby Saanvi Venna's Body Found, Suspect Charged

UPPER MERION, Pa. -

Authorities say 10-month-old Saanvi Venna has been found dead, and a suspect has been charged with murdering both the baby and her grandmother.

The suspect, Ragunandan Yandamuri, faces charges of murder, kidnapping, robbery, burglary, theft and abuse of a corpse, prosecutors said.

The baby's body was found at 4:30 a.m. hidden inside of a sauna in a bathroom in the basement gymnasium of one of the other buildings at the Marquis Apartments, authorities said.

The 10-month-old was abducted when her grandmother was slain earlier this week.

Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Ferman said Friday afternoon that the case was a kidnapping and ransom attempt that went horribly wrong.

Ferman described the suspect, Ragunandan Yandamuri, as "a friend of the family; … someone known to them; someone you will see from the court documents … that placed himself here to support the family during the search for their child; someone who actually printed fliers and handed them out; someone who offered support, came to this police station during the course of the search – actually attended the vigil in memory of Mrs. Venna and looking for Saanvi."

A preliminary arraignment is set for 1 p.m. at the district magistrate's office in Bridgeport, FOX 29's Dave Schratwieser reported from the scene.

The announcement of the child's remains being found came Friday morning after a four-day search that had involved local and state law enforcement as well as the FBI.

The disappearance of Saavni Venna resulted in an Amber Alert on Monday when the baby was discovered missing after the murder of her grandmother.

Officials say Satyavathi Venna, who was visiting from India, was stabbed to death Monday while babysitting her 10-month-old granddaughter in the family's residence at the Marquis Apartments in King of Prussia.

It wasn't until Thursday that officials would even say how Venna had died, due to concern that releasing any information could hamper the search for the child.

Over the past week, the 10-month-old's family had been begging for the safe return of their baby and for anyone with information to come forward.

A $50,000 reward had been offered to anyone with information on the baby's whereabouts.

Ferman told reporters Friday, "What we have learned during the course of this investigation, and we only learned much of this over the past 24 hours, is that this individual had planned to kidnap Saanvi Venna, and he was going to hold her for ransom."

"Over the past few days, we had been very hopeful that Saanvi was still alive, and we were taking every step we could, making every effort we could to try to locate her," Ferman said. "Tragically, we've learned over the course of the last few hours that that was not the case. We learned from the defendant that he went to the home, he made an effort to kidnap the child, during the course of that event he took the life of her grandmother. He then left the apartment building with the child suffocated with a handkerchief and stuffed into a suitcase."

The D.A. said10 identical copies of a ransom note asking for $50,000 were found at the murder scene.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/199...old-found-dead

Why can't the babies just be left alone??

I know--- very naiive of me...

So....was he trying to sneak it out in a suit case with a handkerchief stuffed in her mouth so she wouldn't cry, and later opened it up and found whoopsie doopsie, kids need air? This article is written pretty unclearly in more than one spot.

Also, what a very odd place t hide a body. Obviously SOMEONE is gonna use it, it's a public space. Wtf.

So sorry baby. :( who would have known your parents befriended such a monster. To lose your mom and your baby at the same time....bah.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    This makes me so sad!

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Father of slain baby urges faith in humanity

", Pa. (AP) ? The father of a suburban Philadelphia baby killed along with her grandmother in an apparent botched ransom scheme says those tragic deaths should not diminish supporters faith in humanity.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Venkata Venna told community members not to "lose your hearts" at a viewing Sunday for his 10-month-old daughter. The father told well-wishers to remember that "people are good."

Saanvi Venna (SAHN'-vee VEHN'-ah) was found dead Friday after police say a neighbor at the family's King of Prussia apartment complex confessed to killing her grandmother on Monday and absconding with the girl.

Authorities say 61-year-old Satayrathi Venna (saht-yah-VAH'-thee VEHN'-ah) died trying to protect her granddaughter.

Family friend Raghunandan Yandamuri is charged in their deaths. Officials say he planned to ransom the girl for $50,000."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/father...5#.UI6hmrd5mc0

I admire their ability to not go crazy on people, but I don't think people are good. People suck.

The man charged in the murder of a baby and her grandmother during a botched kidnapping and ransom scheme claimed that he killed both victims by accident, according to video released during his court appearance Wednesday.
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...lite=obnetwork
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

WHY KILL THE BABY?
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Lady View Post
    WHY KILL THE BABY?
    "it was an accident"

What a piece of shit he is.

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    "it was an accident"

What a piece of shit he is.
    Hummm....Snow, I figured that was coming next. You're right, he's a POS. I hope this bastard never sees a day outside of prison.
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

He pleaded not guilty, of course. Death penalty trial starts in September.

http://www.timesherald.com/article/2...bredirect=true

COURTHOUSE ? One after another, the charges were read against an Upper Merion man who allegedly killed a 10-month old girl and her grandmother, and one after another, his attorney affirmed he was not guilty.

The formal arraignment of Raghunandan Yandamuri commenced before Judge Steven T. O?Neill in Montgomery County Court Friday morning, marking one of the most high profile death penalty cases ever tried in recent history.

A petite, soft-spoken man, Yandamuri, 27, was brought into court in an orange prison jumpsuit and shackled at the hands and feet. He is accused of killing young Saavni Venna and her grandmother, Satyavathi Venna, during a botched kidnapping for ransom on Oct. 22, 2012 at the Marquis Apartments in King of Prussia.

O?Neill asked Yandamuri if he understood that the Commonwealth is seeking ?the most serious punishment in our crimes code,? in ?a case of this magnitude.?

In total, Yandamuri pleaded not guilty to all 11 charges, including first-degree murder, second-degree murder, kidnapping, burglary, robbery and abuse of a corpse.

First Assistant District Attorney Kevin Steele filed two notices seeking the death penalty, one for each victim.

?We?ve found there are a number of aggravating circumstances which the legislature has indicated will allow us to move forward with the death penalty,? said Steele.

?We turned over a substantial amount (of evidence). This was an intensive investigation.?

When police converged on the Marquis Apartments that day in October, it was about 1:15 p.m. when they found Satyavathi Venna lying in a pool of her own blood, her neck sliced open. Satyavathi Venna had been babysitting her granddaughter, when Yandamuri allegedly arrived at the apartment with a kitchen knife and 10 copies of a garbled ransom note.

Prosecutors say Yandamuri was desperate for money to repay a litany of gambling debts.

Ten-month old Saavni Venna was missing at the scene. State police issued an Amber Alert that lasted a week before the little girl was found in the basement of the Marquis apartment complex. Police found her lifeless body under a bench in an unused men?s locker room attached to the gymnasium. A handkerchief had been stuffed in her mouth.

A suburban Philadelphia man accused of killing a baby and her grandmother in a botched ransom kidnapping has fired his trial lawyer and plans to represent himself.

A Montgomery County judge approved the request made by 27-year-old defendant Raghunandan Yandamuri of Upper Merion.

Prosecutors say he kidnapped 10-month-old Saanvi Venna from her family's King of Prussia apartment in October 2012 and killed the baby's grandmother who tried to protect the child. The girl's body was found several days later.

Yandamuri is facing the death penalty if he's convicted of first-degree murder.

Prosecutors say they are ready to proceed with the trial, scheduled to begin in early September.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...circ=obnetwork
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

From a rambling ransom note to representing himself on 2 murder charges.

Sounds completely reasonable.

This always works out SO well for people...

Oh goodi, plead not gilty asswipe...you gonna die!!!!!!!

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

http://6abc.com/news/jury-sentences-...mother/350257/

Jury sentences Yandamuri to death for killing of baby, grandmother

(Oct. 14, 2014) NORRISTOWN, Pa. (WPVI) -- The man convicted of killing a baby and her grandmother in King of Prussia has been sentenced to death.

At the moment 28-year-old Raghu Yandamuri learned he would receive the death penalty for the murders of 10-month-old Saanvi Venna and her 61-year-old grandmother Satyavathi Venna, he sat quietly inside the Montgomery County Courthouse and took a sip of water.

"Perhaps he was in denial. He certainly felt like he was going to win the trial itself. Which again, for anybody watching knew it was simply not going to happen," defense attorney Henry Hilles said.

Yandamuri was convicted last week for slayings inside Marquis Apartments in King of Prussia October of 2012.

The motive was ransom to get money for his gambling problem.

Jurors said in court, the circumstances that lead to the brutal murders were the reasons they chose death.

"We hope it can bring a little closure for the Vennas. This has been a difficult two years for them," prosecutor Kevin Steele said.

A forensic psychologist testified Yandamuri suffers from bipolar disorder which has gone untreated since he came to the US.

Defense attorneys say they prepared the man, who represented himself in court, that the death penalty was likely.

"Both Mr. Heckman and I felt that if he had expressed remorse, that we would have had a better chance to save his life, but that wasn't his strategy," Hilles said.

The victims' family has been in court since the beginning, but they were not present during the sentencing.

"I'm sure that they're going to be relieved. It's not going to give them back what they lost, but it is a sense of closure for them," prosecutor Samantha Cauffman said.

Yandamuri's family was also not in the courtroom. His mother is already back in India.

The man was also convicted of lesser crimes so the judge said Yandamuri's official sentence will take place in 45 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Yeah, that sounds about right to me.

How they're reporting it in India :

http://www.indiawest.com/news/global....html?mode=jqm

A Montgomery County, Penn., jury late Oct. 14 evening sentenced Raghunandan Yandamuri to death, for the 2012 killings of 10-month-old Saanvi Venna and her 61-year-old grandmother Satyavathi Venna during a botched kidnapping attempt.

A jury deliberated for about three hours before delivering its verdict.

Yandamuri is believed to be the first Indian to be sentenced to death by a U.S. court: his punishment will be delivered by lethal injection.

Yandamuri is not expected to appeal the verdict; five days earlier, Yandamuri had expressed his wish to die to Montgomery County Common Pleas Judge Steven T. O'Neill,
    shortly after being convicted on two counts of first degree murder and seven felony charges related to burglary and kidnapping.

In testimony during the sentencing phase of the trial, forensic psychologist Gerald Cooke said Yandamuri suffered from bi-polar depression and has experienced psychotic episodes and depression.

Yandamuri?s mother, Padmavathi Yandamuri, told jurors that her son had never gotten over the death of his father, Surendranath Yandamuri, a policeman who was killed in 1997 by Maoist rebel forces. Padmavathi told jurors that her son had twice tried to take his life ? once at the age of 11 ? by drinking kerosene.

Penalty-phase defense attorney Henry Hilles told jurors they should consider life imprisonment without the possibility of parole for Yandamuri, a native of Vishakapatnam. Hilles said Yandamuri had received psychiatric treatment during his teen years, and suffered from post-traumatic stress syndrome, mania and depression after the death of his father.

The defense attorney said Padmavathi Yandamuri would intensely suffer if her only son was sentenced to death. "I am not asking for leniency. Life imprisonment without parole is a horrible way of life,? he said.

But Montgomery County Assistant District Attorney Kevin Steele told reporters before the verdict was delivered that Yandamuri?s fate was not for the killer to decide.

Jurors reportedly wept as Venkata Venna ? father of baby Saanvi and son of Satyavathi ? told jurors about finding his mother, who was visiting from India, lying in a pool of blood in the Vennas? apartment kitchen.

?I?ll never forget that moment in my life,? said Venna, tearfully. ?I don?t know how I?m living, how I?m working,? the Indian American said.

In an interview with India-West shortly after little Saanvi?s body was found, Venna said his only child ?has left this world too soon.?

During closing arguments, prosecutor Steele asked the jury to consider the grief the Vennas have suffered in the two years since their family was torn apart in a heinous manner. ?Their testimony is heartbreaking. They?ve suffered so much in the past two years, he said.

After what the attorneys said, & that calm sip of water, I'm wondering if he went for one last huge gamble & tried reverse psychology on a U.S death penalty jury (like no-one ever thought of doing that before).

Thread Information