Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1722

Thread: the what video game are you playing thread!

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
    No idea if this will help at all, but it's what came up in google search so i figured I'd post it: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-3...2-xbox-360-why
    wow that is SUPER helpful. We cant try it tonight, but we'll def be trying some of the things suggested. i was googling so much, and i didnt come up with anything, how they described it is pretty much what is going on with us.
    some of the things they suggested we did try, but then we ran out of ideas. hopefully one those things suggested is the solution.
    thanks!
    xbox lives for another day...

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    wow that is SUPER helpful. We cant try it tonight, but we'll def be trying some of the things suggested. i was googling so much, and i didnt come up with anything, how they described it is pretty much what is going on with us.
    some of the things they suggested we did try, but then we ran out of ideas. hopefully one those things suggested is the solution.
    thanks!
    xbox lives for another day...
    here's some advice... throw your xbox in the garbage and buy a PS3

Quote Originally Posted by delta9 View Post
    here's some advice... throw your xbox in the garbage and buy a PS3
    my PS3 is a blueray player.

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    My PS3 is lucky if it even gets that duty most days.

yea pretty much. we have a ps3 and we rarely play it, i think he only plays Mars Effects or some game by that name on it. it was a while ago. we actually have 3 xboxes. one is in the living room with Kinect for the kids. kinect is fucking awesome. i love it, and so do the kids.

so i talked to my guy and he came across that blog and it solve our problem. im gonna have to call xbox and bitch them out.
    ugh.

Skyrim is pretty much incredible! I have the hardest time pulling myself away from the game no matter what I'm doing.

I fell off a very high walkway last night while riding a horse. When you fall you pick up some speed so it really made my stomach drop. Thankfully the horse broke my fall.

J and Cap-n (and anyone else playing Skyrim), What race did you guys choose? Just kind of curious. I just got the game in the mail yesteday, and am finally getting around to playing it.. Still trying to decid which race I want to go as, though.

ETA: I think one of my first goals in the game will to join the thieves guild and the Dark Brotherhood. They were really fun in the last game. I remember one quest where you got locked in a house with 5 other people, and you have 1 night to pick everyone off slowly without alerting the rest to the fact they are all going to die.
    Last edited by boogieman; 11-15-2011 at 04:10 AM.

J and Cap-n (and anyone else playing Skyrim), What race did you guys choose? Just kind of curious. I just got the game in the mail yesteday, and am finally getting around to playing it.. Still trying to decid which race I want to go as, though.

ETA: I think one of my first goals in the game will to join the thieves guild and the Dark Brotherhood. They were really fun in the last game. I remember one quest where you got locked in a house with 5 other people, and you have 1 night to pick everyone off slowly without alerting the rest to the fact they are all going to die.
    I'm playing as a Khajit, but I'm not really using the Khajit skills of sneak and night vision all that much. So far I've gone half mage and half one handed weapon. I have trained at the College of Winterhold a little bit and have done a few quests up north.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    We love our PS3, we've had it for 6 months and now it's broken. I teasingly blame it on my wife because she was playing Skyrim - Elder Scrolls V for about 7 hours prior to it dying. Luckily we have the warranty so they'll send us a new one if it can't be repaired (it's not turning on at all now) but I miss playing Black Ops with her and the kids.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow View Post
    I'm playing as a Khajit, but I'm not really using the Khajit skills of sneak and night vision all that much. So far I've gone half mage and half one handed weapon. I have trained at the College of Winterhold a little bit and have done a few quests up north.

Funny. Close to what I've been doing. I'm a high elf. Also mage and one hand. Also doing the college quests right now.

I think I'm doing to go conjurer / destruction with mine.

Funny. Close to what I've been doing. I'm a dark elf. Also mage and one hand. Also doing the college quests right now.

I think I'm doing to go conjurer / destruction with mine.
    I'm working mostly destruction. Have you gone beyond the point where you find the glowing ball and then tell the Arch-Mage?

Ya. I just got the staff of magnus. now i'm back at the college.

Also, I don't know if anyone has tried the new Punch Out..

This entire video game is full of gay innuendos, seriously.. the coach is constantly offering you a chocolate bar..

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

ya i think i'm gonna skip that one.

It's entertaining for a while, and then you start to realize that every little phrase has a slight twist..

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

I went Khajit too. I was trying to decide between that and the lizard one (Breathing underwater seemed like it might come in handy). I am focusing on archery/Stealth/thief, because I like sneaking up and taking people out with my bow without them even realizing I was there.

I went Khajit too. I was trying to decide between that and the lizard one (Breathing underwater seemed like it might come in handy). I am focusing on archery/Stealth/thief, because I like sneaking up and taking people out with my bow without them even realizing I was there.
    There is nothing I hate more in a game than having to sneak though I'm having trouble with a quest now in which I have to fight 3 ghost kings at the same time. Sneaking wouldn't help in this case though.

There is nothing I hate more in a game than having to sneak though I'm having trouble with a quest now in which I have to fight 3 ghost kings at the same time. Sneaking wouldn't help in this case though.
    I'm the opposite... I love sneaking and sniping. My sneak skill is quite high, because even when I am not crawling through a dungeon, I sneak. That way, I get the jump on anything I come across. I actually just took out an entire cave full of Bandits with only one of them seeing me before dying. And she only saw me because I didn't realize she was behind me.

I got in on the Xbox Fall Dashboard Beta. So the new dashboard looks very nice and runs very quickly. Otherwise I haven't got to try the new voice controls yet and now when you start a game it tells you how many other people are playing the game regardless if they're online or off.

Nothing too exciting.

Edit: Apparently there is now a UFC channel and I get to see tomorrows event for free.

Better get my Affliction tshirt out.
    Last edited by Cap-n Meow; 11-18-2011 at 11:03 AM.

I didn't do that beta shit. I missed it :(

free UFC? arrggg!!

Here's a good way to ensure your kid gets his lunch money stolen on a regular basis.

Dovahkiin Tom Kellermeyer

Meet Dovahkiin Tom Kellermeyer
    . That's right, Dovahkiin. As in, the protagonist of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Born 11/11/11 -- the same day that the game was released -- he's made his family the winners (?) of a contest that ensures free Bethesda games for life.

Bethesda, in a publicity stunt announced in February, promised lifelong free games to anyone who named their child (which had to be born on 11/11) after the character. Whether the company expected anyone to take it up on the offer is another matter entirely.

Megan and Eric Kellermeyer did just that, though.

In a blog post, the parents acknowledge the name could cause their son some issues, but say it's one they truly love and likely would have chosen even if Bethesda hadn't launched the contest.

"I wanted him to have a unique name," writes mother Megan Kellermeyer, who adds that she's not a gamer. "I am so picky about boy names that I was having a lot of trouble finding just the right one. We've toyed with Dovahkiin and the ramifications of naming a child that name, and that name being based on a video game character (however awesome), and what impact that would have on him. But the more I thought of it, the more I settled on Dovahkiin, contest or no."

Dovahkiin's parents say they told friends and family members of their decision before their son was born and very few raised concerns. And with a more common middle name, he'll always have an out.

"He will have a perfectly normal and common middle name if the first name becomes too much for him or us or we just want to call him a nickname," says Megan.

Still, there are some upsides to the name, despite the almost inevitable playground taunting it will likely engender at some point. For one thing, how many kids have their own theme song?

Plus, there's that whole 'free Bethesda games for life' thing, which is pretty rad. Unless, of course, it turns out that he doesn't like video games.
    http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...195904653.html

For those of you playing Skyrim... Be careful about downloading the new 1.2 patch. It fixes the graphics, but is causing a lot of trouble for some people:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=346277

The one thing everyone seems to experience is that the new patch damages your Magic/Disease Resistances, so that you basically have none. Various other problems being reported too (Slower load times, stuff not loading properly, etc.), but the Resistances seems to be the most common issue.

Any Kongregate players?
    Ive been playing KOLM2 all week and I get stuckin the same place. Im not sure if its a glitch or if im retarded.

Anyone playing Skyrim?? I like it. The fighting gets a bit tedious, but never as bad as Arkham city was lol

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    Any Kongregate players?
    Ive been playing KOLM2 all week and I get stuckin the same place. Im not sure if its a glitch or if im retarded.

Anyone playing Skyrim?? I like it. The fighting gets a bit tedious, but never as bad as Arkham city was lol
    I've put 60 hours into Skyrim so far. I'm at level 31. Lately I've just been traveling around the country side clearing out some caves and dungeons. I often use the daedric staff given to me by the Daedric Prince of mischief. It summons a Daedra that fights for me. Then I use Shouts, Destruction, and this small sword(might even be a dagger) that has a chance of killing on one hit.

Nearly done with Skyrim, Sadly. Mages guild, Companions, Dark brotherhood all completed.... Thieves guild is one quest away from it. It's been a fun ride so far.

I've put 60 hours into Skyrim so far. I'm at level 31. Lately I've just been traveling around the country side clearing out some caves and dungeons. I often use the daedric staff given to me by the Daedric Prince of mischief. It summons a Daedra that fights for me. Then I use Shouts, Destruction, and this small sword(might even be a dagger) that has a chance of killing on one hit.
    I love the Wabbajack staff you get from Sheograth. I loved the quest to get it too.

Thread Information