Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: This Thread Sucks: A Thread For People Who Hate The Jodi Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I don't even remember what happened to coconut.
    Coconut left MDS because people were so nasty on the thread he started with good intentions.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Oh well.

Well I mean, it's only been 8 days, maybe he just has off-internet life issues to attend to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthven View Post
    Well I mean, it's only been 8 days, maybe he just has off-internet life issues to attend to.
    He sent me a message just before he left, explaining. I hope he changes his mind, but it seems unlikely.

Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
    He sent me a message just before he left, explaining. I hope he changes his mind, but it seems unlikely.
    Oh, well that's unfortunate. I liked him, I thought he was alright. I do hope he comes back.

If his nose gets out of joint that easily, he truly is not a good match for the boards. EVERYONE gets shit, and stuff goes differently than we hope. Not a fan of the take my ball and go home game
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockabillychick View Post
    Pulp Fiction. Since this thread has gone to shit. here's me on Halloween.

Got caught in the rain, so the blood on our shirts looks more like fruit punch, but meh.[/QUOTE]

Ron was the best part, hands down.

Gone to shit implies that at some point, it wasn't a shitty thread. I assure you that this was not the case.

I think it's important to be mindful of the strong opinions in any Internet forum. No one will ever agree with you 100% of the time unless they are afraid of you or have other motives.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Gone to shit implies that at some point, it wasn't a shitty thread. I assure you that this was not the case.
    Awww, I had faith in Coconut!
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    I think it's important to be mindful of the strong opinions in any Internet forum. No one will ever agree with you 100% of the time unless they are afraid of you or have other motives.
    Good point.

I don't think I saw the guys say they plugged MDS with the HLN lady saying "Jodi Arias Blog." I don't think I read anyone say it was a plug for MDS. I know people were discussing how it wouldn't be hard to find MDS through google if someone googled Jodi. Even if they googled "Jodi Arias Blog."

Reading comprehension much?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Everyone is an idiot. You say 'that is not what it is called, it is a website discussion board, not a blog.'

I mean, it is in no way a plug for MDS, as a result.

"Hey so I'm wearing this designer shirt...."

"We don't want to mention the designer. Also we're going to call it pants."

"Okay, this is more about me finally getting recognized for my obsession anyway."
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

It's not my impression that coconut was upset because people did not agree with him 100% of the time. He got that constantly on the main thread, and it never seemed to bother him at all. He was one of the few people who regularly voiced a dissenting opinion and played devil's advocate in support of the defense, and he took a lot of flak for it. Many people disagreed with him daily, but it did not seem to phase him at all, and he didn't get nasty in response. This went on for months and it never bothered him in the least. So while we may or may not agree with his reason for leaving, I don't want people to have the impression that he was thin skinned or that he left merely because someone disagreed with him.

Frankly, for the contingent who thinks most or all of the Jodi thread posters are mindless cheerleaders incapable of rational thought, it is very ironic that you managed to chase away one of the few posters who regularly, rationally, and with good humor, was the voice of dissent. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    If his nose gets out of joint that easily, he truly is not a good match for the boards. EVERYONE gets shit, and stuff goes differently than we hope. Not a fan of the take my ball and go home game

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Pulp Fiction. Since this thread has gone to shit. here's me on Halloween.

Got caught in the rain, so the blood on our shirts looks more like fruit punch, but meh.
    So awesome!!!

It's not my impression that coconut was upset because people did not agree with him 100% of the time. He got that constantly on the main thread, and it never seemed to bother him at all. He was one of the few people who regularly voiced a dissenting opinion and played devil's advocate in support of the defense, and he took a lot of flak for it. Many people disagreed with him daily, but it did not seem to phase him at all, and he didn't get nasty in response. This went on for months and it never bothered him in the least. So while we may or may not agree with his reason for leaving, I don't want people to have the impression that he was thin skinned or that he left merely because someone disagreed with him.

Frankly, for the contingent who thinks most or all of the Jodi thread posters are mindless cheerleaders incapable of rational thought, it is very ironic that you managed to chase away one of the few posters who regularly, rationally, and with good humor, was the voice of dissent. Well done.
    No, no, we think a lot of the posters are crazy, annoying, obsessive, long-winded, and boring weirdos. Not mindless.

Not being snarky , honestly...what chased him away then?
    I give you props for being a good sport about some of the teasing - Ive had little contact with coconut , but he seemed ...flaky? for lack of a better word when I did encounter him outside the jodi thread
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

So didn't he check out on verdict day? I think he would have stuck around if the jury didn't go against everything he was arguing the whole time he was here, which the majority of the thread agreed with. If he was so thick skinned, why is he gone?

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    So didn't he check out on verdict day? I think he would have stuck around if the jury didn't go against everything he was arguing the whole time he was here, which the majority of the thread agreed with. If he was so thick skinned, why is he gone?
    This is what coconut wrote on 5-8

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    It seems clear the jury will put her to death. The prosecution clearly won the case, which they needed to do, to justify the expense to the taxpayers. The evidence was outstanding, and the substance of Martinez's arguments was mostly effective. I still find fault with his style, delivery, lack of focus, and some critical oversights. Credit the jury for looking past style and these shortcomings, and sticking to the evidence to get it right.

The jury probably disregarded the entire defense testimony as a whole because it was built on Jodi's lies. That leaves the crime scene photos, autopsy results, the hard evidence of her planning. The objective stuff that we can't dispute. I think there can be some doubts about her plans but to the jury those doubts were not reasonable.

All the popular kids are doing it!

I still think that this case was a slam dunk for any moderately competent prosector, but Juan at times verged dangerously close to losing the plot (much to my entertainment). If Jodi had not lied so much, had not changed her story so much, had gotten an attorney right after her arrest, had argued for heat of passion, had been more likeable, Martinez would have had much less margin for error. Fortunately for us he the jury gave him a pass on his mistakes and shit personality.

Shins, your only posting that because you never like the thread. I'll leave it that because I don't want you to think I'm taking it too personal.

No. I posted that because the thread was dead.

I've never said I didn't like this thread. I stated my case on the fuckery that is the Jodi-craze.

Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

It appears that no one got my inside joke so...

I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

It appears that no one got my inside joke so...
    I got it. What is there to say? Disagreement disagrees with some folks.

Please read my quote of myself

No, no, we think a lot of the posters are crazy, annoying, obsessive, long-winded, and boring weirdos. Not mindless.
    Some of us base things on fact not opinion. Honestly, did you just say that someone leaving the forum is good? Coconut was a devils advocate and when the verdict was read, he really had nothing more to add. Plus, maybe that's all he was waiting for..climax then you go to sleep or ramble on with the afterglow which didn't happen for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Not being snarky , honestly...what chased him away then?
    I give you props for being a good sport about some of the teasing - Ive had little contact with coconut , but he seemed ...flaky? for lack of a better word when I did encounter him outside the jodi thread
    Ahhhh...he had some funny things to add. I guess I thought he brought something to the thread other than everyone preaching all about Juan. What chased him away, I guess no one will ever know unless he comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    No. I posted that because the thread was dead.

I've never said I didn't like this thread. I stated my case on the fuckery that is the Jodi-craze.

There is plenty of fuckery going on in every thread, are you sure that you didn't think along with a few others on that one?

I don't understand why people who have never interacted with coconut are saying they didn't like him. You are calling him "flaky" because of a couple of things he posted? That doesn't seem fair.

Thread Information