Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SUV plows through Wisconsin holiday parade; Virginia Sorenson, 79; Leanna Owens, 71; Tamara Durand, 52; James Coolidge, 52; and Wilhelm Hospel, 82 killed

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

SUV plows through Wisconsin holiday parade; Virginia Sorenson, 79; Leanna Owens, 71; Tamara Durand, 52; James Coolidge, 52; and Wilhelm Hospel, 82 killed

There are multiple updates on this at the link. The story is still developing, but this is all kinds of fucked up.

Latest reports state multiple fatalities.

A total of 23 people, including 12 pediatric patients, were taken to the hospital after an SUV plowed through a Christmas parade in downtown Waukesha, Fire Chief Steven Howard said at a news conference.

"The city of Waukesha Fire Department and its partners transported a total of 11 adults and 12 pediatric patients to six area hospitals," he said.

He said they did not have specific information about the injuries at this time.

Howard noted there were "some fatalities," but added, "we do not have any detailed information on the fatalities at this time."
    Live updates: Waukesha, Wisconsin, Christmas parade car plow incident

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/wis...cnn-mobile-app
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

MILWAUKEE ? At least 5 people are dead and over 40 people are injured when an SUV sped through a barricade and into a Christmas parade in suburban Milwaukee Sunday, officials confirmed.

Waukesha authorities confirmed the deaths in a statement late Sunday. Police said the numbers could change as many people transported themselves to hospitals.

The City of Waukesha posted to its Twitter and Facebook accounts revised casualty totals. "At this time, we can confirm that 5 people are deceased and over 40 are injured," the statement said. "However, these numbers may change as we collect additional information."

Earlier, authorities said 11 adults and 12 children were ferried to local hospitals. Others were taken by friends and family. Children's Wisconsin hospital said it had 15 patients and no fatalities.

Waukesha Police Chief Dan Thompson said the investigation was ongoing, but that a ?suspect vehicle? was recovered and that there is a person of interest in custody at the moment.

Some of the injured were taken by police to hospitals, and others were taken by family members, Thompson said, describing the incident as "very tragic" and "very chaotic." He declined to give the exact number of deceased individuals, citing the need to notify next of kin first.

The incident occurred during one of the city's biggest and most cherished annual events as the red SUV barreled down the street, plowing into parade participants.

Videos posted to social media, including a live feed of the parade operated by the City of Waukesha, show a red SUV breaking through barriers and speeding into the roadway where the parade was taking place.

A police officer fired gunshots at the SUV in an attempt to stop it, Thompson said, and no bystanders were injured by the gunfire. He said police don't believe any shots were fired from the SUV.

In the city?s footage, taken from a distance, the SUV speeds into the parade just behind a school marching band. A reporter at the scene said that a red SUV came barreling down the street, and the crowd could hear the thuds as it struck people, leaving many on the ground.

Corey Montiho, a Waukesha school district board member, said his daughter's dance team was hit by the SUV.

"They were pom-poms and shoes and spilled hot chocolate everywhere. I had to go from one crumpled body to the other to find my daughter," he said. "My wife and two daughters were almost hit. Please pray for everybody. Please pray."

"My family is safe but many are not. I held one little girl's head in my hand, she was seizing and she was bleeding out of her ears. I held her mother as she collapsed. Please pray.?

The Waukesha School District announced on Facebook that all public schools will be canceled on Monday.

Thompson said it's unknown if the incident is connected to terrorism.
    More at the link:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...in/8714413002/

I wonder if he was impaired, crazy or just a psychopath. Too bad he didnt get shot.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I wonder if he was impaired, crazy or just a psychopath. Too bad he didnt get shot.
    I saw a report that this might have been someone fleeing a cop from a scene elsewhere and just happened to run in to the parade route. But I haven't seen a solid reporting of it so I'm waiting until that's confirmed.

Cut off his penis and slap him in the head with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

If he wasnt fleeing from police, why did he do it?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Honestly, I'm just more disappointed that this guy gave the extreme right fodder to work with. Behind innocent lives being lost, of course. However they were all over this like white on rice the second they saw that it was a black man. I don't condone his actions, I actually abhor it. However they're all off claiming that it's "BLM" that did this as a terrorist act when it was a dude that plowed through people for no better reason than the countless white dudes that have done it here in California. We had a farmers market and Venice Beach where it happened and nobody claimed it was white supremacists behind it. They just take anything and run with it to downgrade an actual cause.

Charlottesville? Now THAT was a white supremacist carrying out a terrorist act.

RIP Dancing Grannies Poor little old ladies.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Honestly, I'm just sad for everyone in this situation. Nobody wins.

The part of me that is callous and VEHEMENTLY against "Christmas" being fucking selfish and taking up SIX FUCKING MONTHS OF THE YEAR says, "That's what you get for ignoring fall and thanksgiving to rush your greedy holiday".

Why was this not a "Thanksgiving Parade"? People seriously need to calm their tits about Christmas because not everyone fucking likes it.

*me trying to make humor to deal with a tragedy all around*

But part of me finds some truth in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    If he wasnt fleeing from police, why did he do it?
    Good question. Possible hate crime? It's hard to ignore comments like this one about knocking 'old white people the fuck out,' but we'll have to wait for the trial to learn his intentions.

You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Good question. Possible hate crime? It's hard to ignore comments like this one about knocking 'old white people the fuck out,' but we'll have to wait for the trial to learn his intentions.

Wait, he posted that?? Not a good look for sure, but.....I don't think he did this with the intention of killing "old white people". I think he was just trying to get away and didn't give a fuck who he hurt/killed.

It's sad anyone died, but I have to admit I was glad to see none of the deceased were kids.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Wait, he posted that?? Not a good look for sure, but.....I don't think he did this with the intention of killing "old white people". I think he was just trying to get away and didn't give a fuck who he hurt/killed.

It's sad anyone died, but I have to admit I was glad to see none of the deceased were kids.
    I agree. He knew the police were coming and left the house trying to get away. This wasn't planned. This was what I was talking about above. Where extreme right people will dig up a tweet from a year and half ago and try to turn this in to some kind of hate crime.

Yes, it was in the link RBW posted.

None of us can predict what he was thinking or what his intentions were. I'm not ready to hang the guy yet. With a police record like his, there's a good possibility he had serious mental health issues that were being "addressed" by the criminal justice system instead of our practically nonexistent mental health system. I'll wait for the trial to get the facts.

I agree. He knew the police were coming and left the house trying to get away. This wasn't planned. This was what I was talking about above. Where extreme right people will dig up a tweet from a year and half ago and try to turn this in to some kind of hate crime.
    I hope that wasn't directed at me. I was quoting from RBW's post, and I think raising the prospect of a hate crime is a logical consideration given what he posted. At the very least, it's fair to say he was a racist, if one racist comment on social media is proof of that - and that seems to be the standard. I don't pretend to know his intentions, I don't know if it's a hate crime and I hope it's not, but it is incumbent upon the police to investigate all angles. We'll find out more when he's put on trial.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Well, in one way I don't care. He killed a bunch of people. Doesn't matter if it was a hate crime or "just" criminal stupidity. Now yes if there's any reason to believe others were behind this? Go after them too, but he needs to be held responsible for the deaths of these ladies and all of the harm he's caused to their families and all the other victims.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Well, in one way I don't care. He killed a bunch of people. Doesn't matter if it was a hate crime or "just" criminal stupidity. Now yes if there's any reason to believe others were behind this? Go after them too, but he needs to be held responsible for the deaths of these ladies and all of the harm he's caused to their families and all the other victims.
    Couldn't agree more about him being held responsible for the death and chaos, but I think motive does matter in cases like this. Hate crime laws are on the books now because they are considered more heinous than other crimes, mental health issues being adjudicated by the justice system is an ongoing problem, and attempts at bail/criminal justice reform demand an investigation into how someone with a long and violent rap sheet AND a FTA w/felony warrant, was released on bail to begin with. So whether it was a hate crime, a mental health issue, or just a violent street criminal, the state of Brooks' mind when he committed the crime is indeed relevant to those prosecuting the case.

But over here at MDS we have the luxury of merely speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    RIP Dancing Grannies Poor little old ladies.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

A child has died after a man allegedly rammed his SUV through a Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin, bringing the death toll to six, according to prosecutors Tuesday.
    Darrell E. Brooks, 39, has officially been charged with five counts of first-degree intentional homicide, according to the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office. Prosecutors said they will consider a sixth homicide charge, due to the child's death.
    Brooks made his first court appearance to face charges Tuesday. The judge set his bail at $5 million. Brooks was arrested Sunday after police said he barreled into the Waukesha Christmas parade Sunday.

Along with the six deaths, a total of 62 injured, according to charging documents. At least 18 children were also included in the number of people injured.

If convicted, Brooks faces life in prison for all five charges, the charging document states. Brooks' bail was set at $5 million because the judge said he believed Brooks was a flight risk.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/23/us/wa...day/index.html
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Yep

Throw the book at him.

I agree! I never intended to make it seem like he shouldn't be held responsible or that he did wasn't reprehensible. Just that there are people out there jumping all over the fact that he was black meaning that it was a hate crime. I honestly don't believe it was.

KT it wasn't directed at you specifically, but the fact that you're calling him a racist based on a tweet that was posted right in the middle of the protests last year doesn't sit well with me. I'm being completely honest. I don't know even one of my many friends or colleagues that are POC that weren't over the top angry about the system that is CLEARLY set up against them and posted their feelings about it. It doesn't make them racist, it makes them angry that they're treated lesser by the system based on their skin. The system which is predominantly ruled and run by old white men or white anybody. Read his tweet again after thinking about when it was tweeted and who he's referring to.

A child has died after a man allegedly rammed his SUV through a Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin, bringing the death toll to six, according to prosecutors Tuesday.
    Darrell E. Brooks, 39, has officially been charged with five counts of first-degree intentional homicide, according to the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office. Prosecutors said they will consider a sixth homicide charge, due to the child's death.
    Brooks made his first court appearance to face charges Tuesday. The judge set his bail at $5 million. Brooks was arrested Sunday after police said he barreled into the Waukesha Christmas parade Sunday.

Along with the six deaths, a total of 62 injured, according to charging documents. At least 18 children were also included in the number of people injured.

If convicted, Brooks faces life in prison for all five charges, the charging document states. Brooks' bail was set at $5 million because the judge said he believed Brooks was a flight risk.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/23/us/wa...day/index.html
    Dammit

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Dammit
    Yeah, when it comes to kids and the elderly it really pisses me off. No matter what he gets for it, it's not enough for what he did

I just read this isn't the first time he's done this! He ran over the mother of child with his vehicle, and that case is still pending.

I just read this isn't the first time he's done this! He ran over the mother of child with his vehicle, and that case is still pending.
    https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...ce/8742738002/

He's also a sex offender registered in Nevada. I'm telling you. This guy is just a garden variety psycho.

If the woman he tried to run over was white, then he wasn't racist enough to not have a kid with her and if she was black then you can't really claim that he was only running over white people. Can't have it both ways.

He's a fucking psycho that I hope never sees the light of day again.

OMG is she okay? Why was this guy not in jail?!?

Thread Information