Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: This Thread Sucks: A Thread For People Who Hate The Jodi Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    It's not about what I've decided. The question is, why did Martinez decide to abandon the frontal lobe injury in his closing?
    I await your answer.
    Well, crickets, you have decided. And you have based your decision on an evidentiary hearing (in 2009) which didn't include the ME, his testimony and the report that had typo which didn't change the manner of death or the data from the head injury. Why did Martinez not include the head injury in his closing? How the hell do I know, but I guess you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    Well, crickets, you have decided. And you have based your decision on an evidentiary hearing (in 2009) which didn't include the ME, his testimony and the report that had typo which didn't change the manner of death or the data from the head injury. Why did Martinez not include the head injury in his closing? How the hell do I know, but I guess you do.
    There is a legal term, Res Ipsa Loquitur. I'm sure you've heard of it. It's Latin for 'the thing speaks for itself.' The fact that Mr. Martinez abandoned the frontal lobe injury issue in support of the gunshot being last in his closing speaks for itself. I'm only pointing it out.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    IF the prosecution really thought, and could really prove, the murder was premeditated...

Why the fuck would they tack on this fancy, complicated felony burglary first degree murder thing? Wouldn't every single crime qualify for this? "As soon as you start stealing my Lucky Charms, you're no longer welcome in my house, now you're a felon!"

Martinez said that Travis didn't own a gun but Jodi committed a felony by stealing his gun. WTF?

Why throw in a backup strategy to still get first degree murder? I've never even heard of this idea that you're a burglar once you start stabbing someone you're not welcome. Maybe legally it makes sense on some level but it doesn't pass the WTF test for me.
    But you have no problem with the defense doing the same thing? Going from self defense to a heat of passion at the fucking minute? Double standards abound for the State but a defense built on lie after fucking lie and then topped off by more lies is just Jim Dandy fucking ok?
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    But you have no problem with the defense doing the same thing? Going from self defense to a heat of passion at the fucking minute? Double standards abound for the State but a defense built on lie after fucking lie and then topped off by more lies is just Jim Dandy fucking ok?
    I love you, you big ole relentless fucktard! Get out your golf pencils and get started on the MMPI.

IF the prosecution really thought, and could really prove, the murder was premeditated...

Why the fuck would they tack on this fancy, complicated felony burglary first degree murder thing? Wouldn't every single crime qualify for this? "As soon as you start stealing my Lucky Charms, you're no longer welcome in my house, now you're a felon!"

Martinez said that Travis didn't own a gun but Jodi committed a felony by stealing his gun. WTF?

Why throw in a backup strategy to still get first degree murder? I've never even heard of this idea that you're a burglar once you start stabbing someone you're not welcome. Maybe legally it makes sense on some level but it doesn't pass the WTF test for me.
    The term is felony murder.

It is NOT about stealing his gun. "Burglary" has a broader definition under the Arizona statute being used.

Here (for the third time), is the explantion:

The actual wording of the statute says the person is committing burglary if they enter or remain unlawfully in a residence with the intent to commit any theft or any felony. (This is second degree burglary)

If the person also possesses a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument in the course of committing any felony, then it becomes first degree burglary.

Travis received 30 wounds, 29 with a knife and 1 with a gun. No matter in what order the wounds occurred, Jodi was an invited guest when she made the first wound, and an unwelcome assailant when she made the other 29 wounds.

So, Jodi remained unlawfully after she first shot or stabbed Travis (because permission was revoked at that instant), and since she kept stabbing and/or shot him, she had the intention to commit a felony. So she has at least committed second degree burglary. And since Jodi obviously "possessed" both a gun and a knife during the attack, which happened after permission was revoked, she has committed first degree burglary.

Since Jodi has committed first degree burglary in the course of the murder, she can be found guilty of felony murder.

You ask why would the prosecution include this? Why on earth wouldn't they? If there is more than one way to get to first degree murder, and the two ways are absolutely not mutually exclusive, why not include them both? I would have, if I were the prosecutor.

If the jury has someone who can't buy the premed evidence, perhaps they can buy felony murder instead. It certainly doesn't hurt anything.

Arizona Revised Statutes - Title 13 Criminal Code - Section 13-1508 Burglary in the first degree; classification
    http://law.onecle.com/arizona/crimin...e/13-1508.html

Arizona Revised Statutes - Title 13 Criminal Code - Section 13-1507 Burglary in the second degree; classification
    http://law.onecle.com/arizona/crimin...e/13-1507.html

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Quote Originally Posted by alyoop View Post
    I mean really, was the SEX that good?

He couldn't find ANYONE else on earth to have sex with?

I mean what would make a seemingly sane man who thinks this woman is slashing his tires, hacking his accounts, harassing him... what would make him LET her in his house???
    Anal sex, kinky sex, 3 hole wonder sex, freaky sex, etc.....Not all women are in to that thing. Jodi was. Opportunity was standing right there in Travis' face.

If the jury returns a verdict of less than first degree murder, what reasons might they give for their decision? Is there anything from the trial that makes you doubt premeditated murder?

This is the place to discuss. Please keep the discussion on-topic.

Here are some examples of what is not welcome:
    1. It WAS premeditateed murder!
    2. I hate Jodi, she's a killer!
    3. Nurmi is fat and a liar!
    4. Juan DID prove premeditated murder!
    5. I am going to DISPROVE these doubts for you!

If you can't follow those guidelines, kindly GTFO. So, I'll get this party started.

Martinez focused so blindly on the gas cans and the long term planning, he ignored how premeditation could have been formed in the few minutes before the murder, in Jodi's scenario. During Jodi's testimony, she talked about going in the closet, and literally having a moment to decide/reflect on what to do next. She went for the gun. To me that sounds like a conscious choice to escalate to deadly force, but Martinez did not single this out for special attention.

With the "credibility" Jodi's frenzied scenario gained with each retelling, and Nurmi's closing arguments about "snapping", and Juan's missed opportunity, some doubt is cast on premeditation.
    I'll take a shot at it.

Blonde hair/Brown hair. The state never proved that. The defense did a good job of showing pictures that showed Jodi had "darker" hair before the murder. Plus, the state never bought the hair dresser on that dyed Jodi's hair, and they never showed receipts or video of Jodi buying hair dye.

The gas cans and telling Darryl she was going to Mesa. Yeah, I don't think she would tell anybody she was going to Mesa if she planned on hiding her trip through AZ. I also think she wouldn't have borrowed gas cans. If she was planning it, she could have just bought 3 of her own. Plus, the state never proved what in the hell happened to the third gas can afterwards.

The gun burglary- the state can NOT prove Jodi committed it.

The state can not prove that Jodi was NOT tied up on Travis' bed that day. Just like they can't prove there was no rope involved.

Those stupid floor mats- that should have never been allowed in. There was NO proof that there were missing floor mats (and the check in sheet doesn't note that there are missing floor mats), and the state/defense never showed what the kool aid stains were. The state bought it up, and the defense never challenged it at all. Plus, why would anybody that was planning a murder, throw bloody stuff on the floor of their car?

Priceline- didn't do much for me. She could have used Priceline to find the cheapest place for a car, but rented the car directly from budget after finding the cheapest one to rent from. I've done something similar before. I searched Priceline for an airline ticket, it showed me the cheapest fare and airline-then I called the airline direct and told them what priceline would charge. The airline offered it $30 cheaper than Priceline. Sometimes searching and comparing can save money.

Cancun- state didn't prove Jodi was pissed about Cancun. They bought it up, then it fizzled from there. There was nobody bought on that said Jodi was suppose to go to Cancun.

It seems silly that Jodi would move from Mesa back to Yreka if she was obsessed with Travis. Also, I haven't read one word exchange between Jodi and Travis that proved Jodi was mean or called Travis names.

The receipts on a murder trip- even a simple person knows not to keep any receipts when you are going to kill somebody. If she were planning murder, why not just withdraw cash or cash a check?

Those are just some of my thoughts.

Don't kill me coconut....but on the flip side of all the above....I could also state why I think she did premeditate.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Anal sex, kinky sex, 3 hole wonder sex, freaky sex, etc.....Not all women are in to that thing. Jodi was. Opportunity was standing right there in Travis' face.
    Yep, Travis' Achilles heel was sex with Jodi. And she knew it. And she used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Even though I do think this murder was premeditated, I do agree with you that it doesn't make sense that she brought the knife.
    She was probably more sure of her knife skills than her gun skills.

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Yep, Travis' Achilles heel was sex with Jodi. And she knew it. And she used it.
    Yep

I love you, you big ole relentless fucktard! Get out your golf pencils and get started on the MMPI.
    I'll show you relentless fucktaredness
    Please answer why if the third gas can wasn't part of her premeditation did she lie about it?

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    There is a legal term, Res Ipsa Loquitur. I'm sure you've heard of it. It's Latin for 'the thing speaks for itself.' The fact that Mr. Martinez abandoned the frontal lobe injury issue in support of the gunshot being last in his closing speaks for itself. I'm only pointing it out.
    It's about deductive reasoning, crickets. Its about scientific method.

I'm gonna bite on this one too. Jodi had shown examples of violent outburst in the past..kicking the dog because she had to clean up shitty diapers it had strewn all over the yard, kicking her mother during a temper tantrum, knocking little brother in the head.. IMO Hodi was a brat who was used to getting her way. When she spent most of the day getting it in the poop chute...and for nothing, he was still heading to Cancun with Mimi. She began pitching one of her temper tantrums that escalated to TA's slaughter... This is my attempt to be open minded...now coughing under breath...murhherderhuhuhone

Wondering about the wisdom of bringing DeMarte in to dx BPD, with sudden outbursts of anger as a symptom.
    Isn't that exactly what they DON'T want, sudden heat of passion? Why not just bring in a psychologist to refute the PTSD dx and argue malingering, like they did with Dr. Hayes, instead? Why add BPD to the mix to complicate things?

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I'm gonna bite on this one too. Jodi had shown examples of violent outburst in the past..kicking the dog because she had to clean up shitty diapers it had strewn all over the yard, kicking her mother during a temper tantrum, knocking little brother in the head.. IMO Hodi was a brat who was used to getting her way. When she spent most of the day getting it in the poop chute...and for nothing, he was still heading to Cancun with Mimi. She began pitching one of her temper tantrums that escalated to TA's slaughter... This is my attempt to be open minded...now coughing under breath...murhherderhuhuhone
    That's actually very workable, if they are willing to disregard the planning evidence.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Riddle me this:

If the gas cans weren't part of the premeditation then why did she she lie about returning it to Walmart?
    Maybe she has a spontaneous orgasm everytime she lies.

Good idea for a thread, but remember there are thousands of murder stories on this forum, so to get responses that are more on topic you should be more specific with your thread title.

"Reasons to doubt that this was premeditated murder'

Btw, it's Trans Global fucking Amnesia!

I'll take my shot at why Jodi is GUILTY...

It WAS premeditateed murder!
    I hate Jodi, she's a killer!
    Nurmi is fat and a liar!

So there! I proved you wrong

(bows head in shame) :D

Jodi never expressed any aggression towards Travis in any way that we're aware of as evidence in the trial.

Not in her journal. Not in her texts. Not in her voicemails. Not in her emails. Not to anyone that heard her say something mean about him.

It would be hard to plan a murder and not have one word of negativity or aggression seep into your behavior, your computer, your phone, your conversations...

Jodi never expressed any aggression towards Travis in any way that we're aware of as evidence in the trial.

Not in her journal. Not in her texts. Not in her voicemails. Not in her emails. Not to anyone that heard her say something mean about him.

It would be hard to plan a murder and not have one word of negativity or aggression seep into your behavior, your computer, your phone, your conversations...
    Listen up Pumpkin, we know she hacked his emails and snooped through his phone. That's aggression. She crawled through his doggie door, she slashed his tires X2 and Lisa Andrew's tires once. She sent Lisa Andrews the Whoredoms letters. She stole his journals, she probably hacked his bank accounts. She hid in his closet. She stole an engagement ring he had for a former girl friend. She followed him dates.

That's fucking aggressive! Most of this was not allowed at trial because it was too prejudicial to the crazy bitch (crazy evil, not crazy crazy)

That's fucking aggressive! Most of this was not allowed at trial because it was too prejudicial to the crazy bitch (crazy evil, not crazy crazy)
    It may be aggressive, but not quite as aggressive as your relentlessness. You keep crawling in the doggy door in this thread and hiding behind the Christmas tree wearing a "Fuck Jodi" Christmas sweater with little reindeer on it.

We talkin bout evidence in the trial... I heard nothing that sounded aggressive... even by stalker standards it was pretty mild stalking and I am not convinced she truly was a stalker. So I have doubts that she is a physically aggressive person.

It may be aggressive, but not quite as aggressive as your relentlessness. You keep crawling in the doggy door in this thread and hiding behind the Christmas tree wearing a "Fuck Jodi" Christmas sweater with little reindeer on it.

We talkin bout evidence in the trial... I heard nothing that sounded aggressive... even by stalker standards it was pretty mild stalking and I am not convinced she truly was a stalker. So I have doubts that she is a physically aggressive person.
    Well, except for that one time...

This could be where understanding the BPD diagnosis and that insane law of attraction comes into play. She never said one negative thing about Travis, everything was sick sweet about how much she loved loved loved him...until she didn't and killed him. Listen to DeMarte again.

What normal relationship doesnt have its ups and downs?

Really? You have doubts that she is a physically aggressive person?

Her own expert, and I use that term loosely, testified she kicked and struck her own Mother. In her own email to TA on Feb 14 2007 she speaks of herself physically aggressive person.

She's been in physical altercations in jail.

In 5yrs her defense team couldn't find one person TA even rose his vice to, never mind raised a hand to.

So I see your relentless fucktardedness and raise you one.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    This could be where understanding the BPD diagnosis and that insane law of attraction comes into play. She never said one negative thing about Travis, everything was sick sweet about how much she loved loved loved him...until she didn't and killed him...
    ...in a sudden heat of wacky mentally unstable passion?

Thread Information