Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackass star Ryan Dunn (34) died in a fiery car accident

Ryan Dunn's Death Reminds Fans 'You're Not Indestructible'
    Visitors to 'Jackass' star's roadside vigil see firsthand 'what drinking and driving can do.'

WEST GOSHEN, Pennsylvania — Visitors who came in droves to the stretch of highway where Ryan Dunn's life ended said the deaths of the "Jackass" star and his passenger on Monday serve as a shocking warning that even someone as seemingly immortal as the daredevil couldn't survive the risk of drinking and driving.

"I hope a lot of kids in the community will see what happened to their role model. Maybe this sends a signal that you're not indestructible," said a West Goshen police officer, a father of two teens.

Laraine Livergood of Collegeville brought her three children to the crash site Wednesday night. "It shows what drinking and driving can do," she said. Daughter Valerie, a 15-year-old "Jackass" fan, called Dunn's death "heartbreaking." She and her two sisters, ages 11 and 8, taped a bright-orange poster board to the guardrail with the words, "RIP Ryan Dunn. We love you forever and always."

Accident-reconstruction teams have estimated that at around 2:30 a.m. Monday, Dunn, who a preliminary toxicology report shows was intoxicated, was driving his 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 between 132 and 140 mph in a 55 mph zone. The Porsche collided with a guardrail and went soaring through about 40 yards of trees before hitting one and bursting into flames.

Dunn's family and friends, including "Jackass" stars Bam Margera and Johnny Knoxville, attended a private memorial service on Wednesday. A public service is expected to be announced at a later date.

A steady stream of fans, friends, family and those who are "just curious" have been stopping by at all times of day and night, police officer Joseph Burt said, displaying their love for the merry prankster with flowers, balloons, candles and dozens of Sharpie-scribbled messages on the guardrail.

To ensure visitors' safety, officials were watching over the portion of the highway near the roadside vigil, which had been narrowed to one lane in each direction.

West Chester East High School student Tori Williams, 15, said that even though she knows accidents happen all the time, visiting the crash site left her shaken. "It makes me more scared to be a driver," she said.

The scene is disturbing: Skid marks on the highway lead to a long stretch of mangled trees that ends with a single, sturdy tree, blackened from top to bottom but still standing.

Joni Bradshaw, of West Chester, said she hopes young people learn a lesson from the tragedy: "Hopefully, it will teach these kids that you can't get behind the wheel and drive [after you've been drinking]," she said. "It causes nothing but problems and heartache for everyone."

Much to her dismay, her 18-year-old son, Will Bradshaw, said, "At least he went out having fun." Will admitted that even after a couple of his friends were killed while street racing three years ago, he and the rest of his peers have not been more careful when driving and probably won't be after this incident either. "People are gonna do what they're gonna do," he said matter-of-factly.

Chrissy Guthan, of Coatesville, agreed: "They shouldn't have been driving [drunk]. People do it all the time though. We've all done it," the 32-year-old confessed. "Sometimes, you don't make it back." Now that she's a mother, Guthan added, she avoids risky behavior. "But if I didn't have a kid, I'd probably still be doing it," she admitted.

According to the Chester County coroner's office, Dunn's blood alcohol level was .196, more than twice the .08 legal limit in Pennsylvania. The report also says there were no "drugs of abuse" detected in Dunn's system.

The coroner's report lists blunt force trauma and thermal trauma as the official causes of death for Dunn, 34, and his passenger, 30-year-old Iraq war vet Zachary Hartwell, who was credited as a production assistant on "Jackass Number Two" and was working with Dunn on his new G4 show, "Proving Ground."

Hours before the crash, Dunn tweeted a photo of himself, Hartwell and another man at Barnaby's of America, a West Chester bar.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported Wednesday that Dunn received at least 23 driving-related citations in the past 13 years, 90 percent of which ended in guilty pleas, including 10 stops for speeding and careless driving and three more for driving with a suspended license. In 2005, he was arrested for drunken driving, but charges were dropped when he completed a probationary program; his license was suspended for more than a year, according to court records.

"He drove too fast," April Margera, mother of Dunn's best friend and "Jackass" co-star Bam Margera, told the local NBC station Monday. "I yelled at him all the time about that."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/166...ath-fans.jhtml

Chilling commentary from a 2006 DVD release of Viva La Bam in which Bam Margera predicts the death of his best friend, Ryan Dunn – five years before he was killed in a car crash.

I didn't hear Bam predicting anything. The woman did. Was that April?

Quote Originally Posted by nerysinci View Post
    I didn't hear Bam predicting anything. The woman did. Was that April?
    Sounds like it's her but I'm not 100% (I'm at work and can't turn my volume up too loud).
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    Sounds like it's her but I'm not 100% (I'm at work and can't turn my volume up too loud).
    yup that was her.

Ryan Dunn -- Bam Margera's Morbid Death Prediction

Five years before Ryan Dunn was killed in a violent car crash, Bam Margera predicted the "Jackass" star's death in eerily specific detail -- claiming, "He's gonna eat it one of these times [in a car accident]."

Bam -- along with several cast members from his MTV show "Viva La Bam" -- made the grim prediction while recording the DVD commentary for Season 5 back in 2006.

According to the commentary, Dunn was involved in SEVERAL car accidents over the years -- but Bam's mom claimed, "He'll never learn his lesson."

Another "Bam" cast member added, "I have [Ryan] in the death pool ... for death by vehicle."

In this specific episode, Ryan races Bam's Lamborghini in a limousine -- and after Ryan loses, Bam claims, "[the limo] blew up just like every other f**king car he has."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/22/bam-ma...ra-death-pool/

Ryan Dunn's Porsche -- Built for Speed
    Ryan Dunn's Porsche 911 GT3 -- the car he was driving during his fatal crash this morning -- was capable of hitting speeds around 190 miles per hour ... and TMZ has obtained photos of the vehicle.

The "Jackass" star was most recently pictured in the car on June 12 (top) outside Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, PA ... when the Phillies beat the Cubs 4-3.

The car was sporting custom rims supplied by Vivid Racing ... which were installed back in March.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/20/ryan-d...-pennsylvania/

Nice car.

Quote Originally Posted by PCP777 View Post
    Nice car.
    not anymore.

Got a text from a friend who was telling me he's leaving the bar early tonight "I'm gonna go home soon because i drove, don't wanna do a Ryan Dunn".
    I laughed - should this be in the 'I'm going to hell for laughing at that' thread?
    Last edited by d0tti; 06-24-2011 at 08:36 AM.

um. Bam didn't predict shit ... he just stated a logical probability. The dude drove like a complete tool and therefore was likely to die in a vehicle accident. I mean, it's not rocket science. Logic dictates that chances are, some day, you're just going to be shit out of luck.

Too bad, so sad.

was capable of hitting speeds around 190 miles per hour

What a pussy. She had 60 more MPH in her.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I'm glad at least two people remembered there was another guy in the car besides the minor celebrity.

I'm late to the party, but

Quote Originally Posted by Beth-Deth View Post
    OH YEAH!!! Bam is teh hot!
    Gross.

That is all.

Carry on.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Yeah, predicting that a guy who had 23 (or whatever) speeding violations in his life was going to die in a car accident is like predicting that a person who skydives every single day for 50 years is going to die in a skydiving accident. I mean, odds were stacked... too bad the moron didn't learn from all the tickets (but hey, not like the fines really hurt his bank account).

What, someone else died in the car along with him? Nooooooooo.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    What, someone else died in the car along with him? Nooooooooo.

Yes, and the millions and millions of his fans didn;t notice!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Yes, and the millions and millions of his fans didn;t notice!
    Well, now Im just pissed. I must have missed it. Now I have to find some bad jokes about his passenger too. Gah, MY WORK IS NEVER DONE.

Report: Ryan Dunn Had 11 Drinks Before Fatal Crash

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn had ELEVEN drinks before stepping into his Porsche and crashing it off a Pennsylvania highway ... this according to a new report.

According to MyFoxPhilly, Dunn downed the drinks over a 4-hour period. As we previously reported, Dunn had a blood alcohol level of .196 at the time of the crash ... more than twice the legal limit.

According to Fox, investigators believe Dunn ordered 8 drinks at the bar ... and then received an additional 3 drinks from fans while he hung out in the back.

According to Fox, that means the bar is off the hook -- because they didn't serve him the final three drinks, which investigators believe pushed Dunn over the edge ... into visibly drunk territory.

If true, it raises a bigger question -- namely, why didn't anyone STOP Dunn from getting into his car if he was visibly intoxicated? It's the Roger Ebert argument.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/24/ryan-d...l-bar-porsche/

Quote Originally Posted by rachy View Post
    Ryan Dunn -- Bam Margera's Morbid Death Prediction

Five years before Ryan Dunn was killed in a violent car crash, Bam Margera predicted the "Jackass" star's death in eerily specific detail -- claiming, "He's gonna eat it one of these times [in a car accident]."

Bam -- along with several cast members from his MTV show "Viva La Bam" -- made the grim prediction while recording the DVD commentary for Season 5 back in 2006.

According to the commentary, Dunn was involved in SEVERAL car accidents over the years -- but Bam's mom claimed, "He'll never learn his lesson."

Another "Bam" cast member added, "I have [Ryan] in the death pool ... for death by vehicle."

In this specific episode, Ryan races Bam's Lamborghini in a limousine -- and after Ryan loses, Bam claims, "[the limo] blew up just like every other f**king car he has."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/22/bam-ma...ra-death-pool/

Ryan Dunn's Porsche -- Built for Speed
    Ryan Dunn's Porsche 911 GT3 -- the car he was driving during his fatal crash this morning -- was capable of hitting speeds around 190 miles per hour ... and TMZ has obtained photos of the vehicle.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/20/ryan-d...-pennsylvania/

I'm calling it now, WTBB will most likely die from a mudding accident and PCP from a boating accident.

And why do they make cars that go 190 mph?
    Toodle Loo

Im not allowed to talk about mudding in death threads.

And Ive driven no faster than 110 in the husbands MR2 and I felt like the front of the car was gonna lift up in the air.....

Quote Originally Posted by once_again View Post
    And why do they make cars that go 190 mph?
    For when it absolutely, positively has to be there in 5 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Quote Originally Posted by rachy View Post
    Report: Ryan Dunn Had 11 Drinks Before Fatal Crash

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn had ELEVEN drinks before stepping into his Porsche and crashing it off a Pennsylvania highway ... this according to a new report.

According to MyFoxPhilly, Dunn downed the drinks over a 4-hour period. As we previously reported, Dunn had a blood alcohol level of .196 at the time of the crash ... more than twice the legal limit.

According to Fox, investigators believe Dunn ordered 8 drinks at the bar ... and then received an additional 3 drinks from fans while he hung out in the back.

According to Fox, that means the bar is off the hook -- because they didn't serve him the final three drinks, which investigators believe pushed Dunn over the edge ... into visibly drunk territory.

If true, it raises a bigger question -- namely, why didn't anyone STOP Dunn from getting into his car if he was visibly intoxicated? It's the Roger Ebert argument.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/24/ryan-d...l-bar-porsche/
    Well, hopefully this will make it increasingly difficult for the bar to continue to say "he seemed just fine when he left early monday morning"

Probably not though
    Last edited by yellowCake1; 06-24-2011 at 06:06 PM.

And Boogie will die just as Ryan Dunn did and this thread probably gives him a boner.
    Toodle Loo

No way, Boogie is going out taking as many pedestrians as possible. CROSSING THE STREET, WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE.

Thread Information