Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gabriela Romo (31) bled to death after a sexual assault

I'm not wearing any pants

Re: Gabriela Romo (31) bled to death after a sexual assault

I know people can have rough sex and all  and not die...but it's possible that he did some big damage with just his hand and fingers. God bless her.

I am almost willing to bet that he used some sort of foreign object. To have done splenic and hepatic damage, well, they are so far up into the abdominal cavity that it would be almost impossible to imagine just his hand doing such damage. The only way I could think of is if he hit her in the abdomen so hard as to cause those particular injuries.

Of course, this whole thing is beyond comprehension.

It disgusts me to even think about what she must have gone through and I hope he rots in hell.

The jury in Ramsey County District Court heard the interview Tuesday, then saw a cell phone photo that Sontoya allegedly took of Romo as she lay, apparently lifeless, on the floor.
    The photo was taken at 5:40 a.m., said St. Paul police officer Bradley Pearson, a forensics investigator.
    "I found a picture of an unclothed female that appeared in the photo to be deceased," Pearson said. Romo was lying on her back, one leg propped up on what may have been the bed.
    At 6:39 a.m., the defendant called his brother, a Ramsey County sheriff's deputy, according to the phone's log.
    At 6:40, his brother called back. Sontoya told him that he was with Romo and that she wasn't breathing, he later told Payne.
    At 6:43, Sontoya called his brother again. They talked for one minute and 31 seconds. "He said, 'Dude, call an ambulance right now.' So that's exactly what I did," Sontoya said.
    At 6:45 a.m., Sontoya called 911.

Sontoya told Payne he could not have caused a rip that extended 14 inches into the 31-year-old woman's abdominal cavity

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_12356143?nclick_check=1

Timeline: 
    1:30-2:00am - Sontoya says they leave Fern's bar together
    3:30am - After 1.5hrs of sex Sontoya said they went to sleep
    5:40am - Photo taken of apparently lifeless Gabriela
    6:30am - Sontoya said he woke up and Gabriela was on the floor
    6:39am - Calls brother
    6:40am - Brother calls back
    6:43am - Calls brother again
    6:45am - 911 call reported as unconscious female
    7:00am - First police arrive

All in bold confirmed

[quote author=D1STURB3D link=topic=17475.msg1274506#msg1274506 date=1242226539]
    The jury in Ramsey County District Court heard the interview Tuesday, then saw a cell phone photo that Sontoya allegedly took of Romo as she lay, apparently lifeless, on the floor.
    The photo was taken at 5:40 a.m., said St. Paul police officer Bradley Pearson, a forensics investigator.
    "I found a picture of an unclothed female that appeared in the photo to be deceased," Pearson said. Romo was lying on her back, one leg propped up on what may have been the bed.
    At 6:39 a.m., the defendant called his brother, a Ramsey County sheriff's deputy, according to the phone's log.
    At 6:40, his brother called back. Sontoya told him that he was with Romo and that she wasn't breathing, he later told Payne.
    At 6:43, Sontoya called his brother again. They talked for one minute and 31 seconds. "He said, 'Dude, call an ambulance right now.' So that's exactly what I did," Sontoya said.
    At 6:45 a.m., Sontoya called 911.

Sontoya told Payne he could not have caused a rip that extended 14 inches into the 31-year-old woman's abdominal cavity

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_12356143?nclick_check=1

[/quote]

UGH! Because a 14 inch rip in a womans uterus just kinda happens... how? No one knows.

:x

What an asshole, he needs a 14 inch rip in his ass and then come back and explain how it was not by force... he totally wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Grisly descriptions of what happened to Gabriela Romo's body before she died have become all too familiar to her family and friends, who have packed a Ramsey County courtroom since Friday.
    But they didn't know until Wednesday that Romo, 31, had been bleeding from her scalp, too.
    "There were 14 separate injuries present" on her head, said Ramsey County's chief medical examiner, Dr. Michael McGee.

One autopsy photo displayed for the jury shows a "defect" that McGee estimated was 5 inches by 4 1/2 inches in diameter in Romo's vaginal wall.
    County Attorney Susan Gaertner asked what the doctor meant by "defect."  "It's a hole," he said.
    He described the tract of Romo's internal injuries, which extended from the outer opening of her vaginal area to her liver, spleen and diaphragm, as measuring 14 inches. McGee also said Romo had separate injuries to her anal area, as well as 23 bruises on her legs and eight "fingerprint injuries" on her arms. All were fresh.

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_12365760

i just discovered this thread.  i hope gaby's kids are safe and well taken care of.  those poor children. 

and how do you have a 5 inches by 4 1/2 cut in your vaginal wall?  of course it woule reach your asshole, they aren't that far apart.  so do we know if he used some object?  i guess it will all come out in the trial.

i can't believe i never heard this story.  it's not far from here and i have lots of friends/family in the twin cities. 

rip gaby. 

I would be so pissed if he got up their on the witness stand and said that the sex was consensual and that the vaginal trauma was just an accident.

Death would be too kind.

[quote author=g r ee n ey e s link=topic=17475.msg1275508#msg1275508 date=1242312890]
    Death would be too kind.
    [/quote]

Im sure Gabriela will b haunting him every moment of every day for the rest of his pathetic life!
    She was a remarkable woman, bringing up 4 wonderful kids on her own, working a full time & part time job as well as volunteering at the dance school 
    where her 3 girls took classes, she nor her kids deserved this!
    We can only hope that the warden make's him share a cell with bubba!!

Two families sobbed in a St. Paul courtroom Thursday night when Michael C. Sontoya was convicted of first-degree murder while committing a sexual assault and second-degree murder while committing a felony assault in the Sept. 30 death of Gabriela Romo.
    Ramsey County District Judge Marybeth Dorn set sentencing for 9:30 a.m. today. Sontoya, 32, of St. Paul, faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison.

http://www.startribune.com/local/stpaul/45058267.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aUUr

It will never be made right, but this is a start.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

this is one of those cases that has really gotten to me.  the extent of her injuries....its just so horrific.  i can't even imagine the pain she must have felt.  i'm so glad that he now has to spend the rest of his life behind bars.  he most definitely belongs there.  she was a lovely woman, with beautiful children, and i hope now she's resting peacefully.

RIP Gabriela. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Photos show horrific injuries

A composite of images in one showed dried blood under Romo's fingernails, in her belly button and on the side and bottom of one of her feet. Another showed bloodstains -- and the lack thereof -- on her pink panties and the jeans paramedics had cut off her body.

"I do not believe the subject was alive when she was dressed," McGee testified. If her underwear had been put on while she was alive, they would be soaked in blood from her injuries, he said.

There were photos of bruises on her arms and legs. A close-up photo of her genitals showed the external lacerations, abrasions and bruises. Another showed the horrific internal injuries. Yet another showed 14 separate bruises on her scalp.

The medical examiner also said Romo's blood-alcohol content was 0.15. Thank Gawd for that!  I hope it lessened any pain for her!

McGee said his conclusion after the autopsy was that Romo bled to death from "multiple traumatic injuries" during a sexual assault. The manner of death, he said, was homicide.

He estimated that it took five to 10 minutes for Romo to die and that she had been dead about eight hours before he first examined her body about 10:30 a.m.

Sontoya had told Sgt. Scott Payne during the videotaped interviews that he had picked Romo up at her parents' home in St. Paul about 11 p.m. Sept. 29. They went to Fabulous Fern's on Selby Avenue for a few drinks. Then they went to the upper duplex he rented in the 700 block of S. Robert Street on the city's West Side. There, he said, they had sex, cleaned up a little and went to sleep. He awoke, he said, to find Romo unconscious and not breathing.

There, he said, they had sex, cleaned up a little and went to sleep. He awoke, he said, to find Romo unconscious and not breathing.
    Yeah, because lots of dudes hook up with a chick, only to wake up the next morning to find them drenched in blood and dead.

I hope this sadistic son of a bitch learns a lesson via his asshole.

The judge told Gabriela Romo's murderer: "The depravity of your crime mirrors the sentence I am about to impose."
    The judge then told him he'd spend the rest of his life in prison without the possibility of parole for causing the death of Gabriela Romo.

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/45095217.html

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=17475.msg1277240#msg1277240 date=1242498011]

[/quote]

I agree, D_S!!

The only thing I do not understand is why the murderer even bothered going to trial.  He called no witnesses nor did he testify in his own defense.  All it accomplished was hurting Gabriela's family    and most likely haunting some jurors with the autopsy photos.

RIP Gaby
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Lightbulb Truth

For everyone that couldn't believe how she got those injuries, it was simply because they never existed. She died some something completely unrelated to sex. If you look into the medical examiner now you will see he has many overturned cases and more pending review as of this year. Gabriela did not die at the hands of Michael. The medical examiner falsified the autopsy and the injuries and it will be coming out very soon to the extent that the medical examiner went to turn an unexpected natural death into murder. It's much safer to assume not everything on TV is true and unless you know everything or are personal with each case there is room for lies and deception. When someone has immunity to create and say whatever story they want to convict someone and get paid over a million a year to do so not caring about who is affected most would. This is a prime example of wrongful conviction. As for the proof give it a few months and you'll see the headlines and then everyone will change around and say "how could a medical examiner do that to a dead body" and then everyone will realize all her injuries he showed the court was done post mortem at his table by his scalpel and the injury that "sexual assault homicide 14-inch wound tract" ya, that one, it never existed, there's not a single photo of such injury ever occurring to her. So unless you really see the facts of each and every case and are aware of every single piece of evidence not just what the media posts and understand that the prosecutor can and does hide evidence that can assist the defense you can't assume everyone is guilty from a messed up system. It'll be incredibly sad when her family realizes she did not die from a gruesome murder but something she mistook for her menstruation. Michael just happened to be in the house and if someone else had done her autopsy earlier, they would have seen what actually killed her and there would have been no conviction. Simple. County Paid White Medical Examiner, a white Sgt of homicide, a white prosecutor that was running for attorney general the year after, a white judge, and a white all-female jury other than one male juror against one Mexican man. Read between the lines. This is tactical, quick, and executed with no remorse for the body of the "victim" and the man convicted. Now when you see it like that, you see why nothing added up, and when you look at it like that, like the truth, well it just makes you even more understanding of what happens when people have power and money to do whatever they want with. Criminal but it'll soon be revealed.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by truthtime View Post
    For everyone that couldn't believe how she got those injuries, it was simply because they never existed. She died some something completely unrelated to sex. If you look into the medical examiner now you will see he has many overturned cases and more pending review as of this year. Gabriela did not die at the hands of Michael. The medical examiner falsified the autopsy and the injuries and it will be coming out very soon to the extent that the medical examiner went to turn an unexpected natural death into murder. It's much safer to assume not everything on TV is true and unless you know everything or are personal with each case there is room for lies and deception. When someone has immunity to create and say whatever story they want to convict someone and get paid over a million a year to do so not caring about who is affected most would. This is a prime example of wrongful conviction. As for the proof give it a few months and you'll see the headlines and then everyone will change around and say "how could a medical examiner do that to a dead body" and then everyone will realize all her injuries he showed the court was done post mortem at his table by his scalpel and the injury that "sexual assault homicide 14-inch wound tract" ya, that one, it never existed, there's not a single photo of such injury ever occurring to her. So unless you really see the facts of each and every case and are aware of every single piece of evidence not just what the media posts and understand that the prosecutor can and does hide evidence that can assist the defense you can't assume everyone is guilty from a messed up system. It'll be incredibly sad when her family realizes she did not die from a gruesome murder but something she mistook for her menstruation. Michael just happened to be in the house and if someone else had done her autopsy earlier, they would have seen what actually killed her and there would have been no conviction. Simple. County Paid White Medical Examiner, a white Sgt of homicide, a white prosecutor that was running for attorney general the year after, a white judge, and a white all-female jury other than one male juror against one Mexican man. Read between the lines. This is tactical, quick, and executed with no remorse for the body of the "victim" and the man convicted. Now when you see it like that, you see why nothing added up, and when you look at it like that, like the truth, well it just makes you even more understanding of what happens when people have power and money to do whatever they want with. Criminal but it'll soon be revealed.
    Welcome to MDS. Do you know Michael Sontoya?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truthtime View Post
    If the wounds were post-mortem, then how did she die? You say "Something she mistook for her menstruation", but you don't give specifics. If you know for a fact that it wasn't the sexual assault, that means you must know the actual COD. You have to expect people to be skeptical when someone comes on here anonymously and claims that "It will all be revealed in the months to come". Especially when I don't see any kind of motive to frame Michael. Did the coroner have a personal grudge against him? Why would a ME mutilate a corpse just to frame some guy?

Also, welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

A medical examiner can easily tell if a wound is pre or post mortem, just saying.

Props to anyone that read that retarded wall of text.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    A medical examiner can easily tell if a wound is pre or post mortem, just saying.
    They're claiming that the ME was the one that made the wound. That's the part I'm not getting. So, she died from some mystery illness that involved her lady parts while Michael happened to be there. THEN the ME created a larger wound while examining her just to put the blame on this Michael guy. Who by all accounts has no history with him and would have no motive to do so. But it will "All Come Out" in the coming months that everyone was wrong and the guy is innocent.

That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information