Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kristy Manzanares (39) died in a domestic incident on-board a cruise ship

Santa Clara/Sunnyside, UT-Kristy Lee Manzanares, our charismatic and loving mother, daughter, granddaughter, sister and friend was unexpectedly taken from us at the age of 39 on Tuesday, July 25, 2017. Kristy resided in Santa Clara, Utah and was a beloved member of the community throughout the greater St. George and Carbon County areas.

Kristy was married to her husband, Kenneth Manzanares, on August 27, 1999. Together they had three beautiful daughters: Kalie, Kamryn (Kami), and Kaiya. Her daughters were the light of Kristy's life. She always went above and beyond for her girls, every day, for every event, big or small.

Born October 30, 1977 in Salt Lake City, Utah to Jeff and Karee Hunt, Kristy was brought into this world at 3 lb. 6 oz. with the strength and determination that she carried with her throughout her life. She was raised in Sunnyside, Utah where she loved to ride her bike to the swimming pool with her dog, Cinder, in tow. She loved spending time with her parents, brothers Dallas and Cody, her beloved Grandma Edna, and niece Tearyn Donna.

Kristy attended East Carbon High School where she was an active participant in numerous sports and clubs. She was a first-place winner at the Utah state FCCLA competition and was a Sterling Scholar in Family and Consumer Science. Kristy was named Ms. Viking of her graduating class of 1996. After earning her Associate's degree at the College of Eastern Utah, Kristy went on to Southern Utah University where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Family and Consumer Science with an emphasis in Interior Design.

Following college, Kristy worked as a design consultant and always looked forward to showing off her stylish work in the St. George Parade of Homes. In recent years, she had grown to become an extremely successful real estate agent in the St. George area for Summit Sotheby's Real Estate. Most notably, she recently co-marketed the high-end development of "Encanto Resort." She was an important member of the St. George area real estate community where she was serving as the Chairwoman of the Programs and Socials Committee for the Washington County Board of Realtors as well as participating on the Women's Council of Realtors and the Utah Association of Realtors Convention Committee.

Kristy's favorite times were spent at Lake Powell with her daughters and BFF's, returning home to Sunnyside every July for "Community Daze" to catch up and laugh with family and friends, and enjoying a good glass of wine.

Her infectious, beautiful smile and sweet, compassionate soul will forever be remembered by all who knew Kristy. She made everyone who came in contact with her feel important, special, and put a smile on their face. Because of that, she was adored by all, and we are all blessed to have had Kristy in our lives.

Kristy is survived by her three daughters Kalie, Kamryn and Kaiya; husband Kenneth Manzanares; parents Jeff and Karee Hunt; brothers Dallas (Lyndi) Hunt and Cody Hunt; grandmother Edna Hunt; grandfather Wendell Sheriff; special cousin Marki Hunt; in-laws Kenneth (Sissy) Manzanares, Don Herrera, Jeff Manzanares, and Teresa (Rob) Velasquez; special friends Lesli (Doug) Greenhalgh and Kerri (Shane) Shotwell; and many loving aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, and a large community of friends.

Preceded in death by grandparents Lloyd Hunt and Sharon Sheriff, uncles Karl and Mark Hunt, and special cousin Randy Hunt.

Funeral service, Thursday, August 3, 2017, 11:00 A.M., Spilsbury Mortuary, 110 South Bluff Street, St. George, Utah where family will receive friends 2 hours prior to service. Funeral service in Price, Utah will be held Saturday, August 5, 2017, 11:00 A.M at the Carbon County Event Center, 310 South Fairgrounds Road, Price, Utah where the family will receive friends Friday evening from 5:00-8:00 P.M. and Saturday morning 2 hours prior to service. Burial, East Carbon City Cemetery.

Arrangements entrusted to Mitchell Funeral Home of Price, Utah and Spilsbury Mortuary of St. George, Utah where friends are welcome to share memories of Kristy online at www.mitchellfuneralhome.net and www.spilsburymortuary.com.
    Published in The Spectrum & Daily News on Aug. 1, 2017

Kristy, Kenneth, Kalie, Kamryn and Kaiya

They love the K names.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Because she fucking laughed at him? There's gotta be a BUNCH more going on here. WTF? What happened!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Because she fucking laughed at him? There's gotta be a BUNCH more going on here. WTF? What happened!!?
    I've been with my husband for 13 years almost. Sometimes I have to restrain myself from wanting to kill him for something more minor than that.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I've been with my husband for 13 years almost. Sometimes I have to restrain myself from wanting to kill him for something more minor than that.

Wasn't there a story here where someone killed their partner over a pair of socks, and everyone was like "It wasn't about the socks!"
    It's been over a decade of MDS articles, so I'm not going on the record with that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

A passenger aboard the same cruise ship where a husband reportedly killed his wife last Tuesday, witnessed a heartbreaking scene as she watched the couple’s teen daughter cry out for a mother who was no longer wit her.

Natalie Beckstrom, a passenger aboard the Emerald Princess cruise ship, met Kristy Manzanares, 39, and her family at a Seattle hotel prior to boarding the ship for a cruise to Alaska and back. Beckstrom, from Utah just as the Manzanares family, told People that Kristy was traveling with her three daughters, ranging in ages from 13 to 22, along with her extended family members.

Beckstrom later spotted the youngest daughter “standing there wrapped in a blanket, just sobbing” after her father, 39-year-old Kenneth Manzanares, allegedly killed her mother while aboard the cruise ship. The young teen wasn’t sure of the extent of her mother’s injuries, but Beckstrom said when the girl overheard a man say “it’s not good,” the child completely lost it and cried out for her mother.

“She just started sobbing, ‘I want my mommy. I want my mommy,’ ” Beckman said.

ABC News reports that another passenger, Jen Larson, also witnessed the girl screaming and crying while desperately asking for her mother. Larson remembered that the child seem confused and distraught, and wanted to know why she couldn’t see her mother.

“She was just really scared. She said, ‘I just want to go and see my mom! I just want to see my mom! What’s happening?’ ”

Beckstrom was part of the group that thought perhaps the intercom announcement asking for medical personnel and security was part of the murder mystery dinner play that guests were participating in. In fact, she was watching a Sherlock Holmes-themed murder mystery on television when the announcement came through.

“He sounded a little breathless as he was talking [over the intercom].”

Shortly after the announcement, Beckstrom checked on her children, who also echoed the sentiments that the announcement was part of the murder mystery theme.

“I said, ‘Oh yeah, duh.’ So that’s kind of what everybody in the room was thinking was that it was just part of the play. So, you know, we all just kind of sat down and went on with the play.”

The following morning, passengers aboard the ship learned that they would stop in Juneau because a woman “from Utah” had been killed.

Court documents indicate that Kenneth Manzanares beat his wife so badly that her blood spatter was found all over their cabin room and in the hallways. Kenneth Manzanares allegedly tried to throw his wife’s body overboard after the murder, but a witness grabbed Kristy by the ankles and made sure she stayed aboard.

Kenneth Manzanares then tried to throw himself overboard, but cruise ship staff members caught him in time.

Witnesses said that he reportedly claimed that his wife wouldn’t stop laughing at him, which led to a gruesome fight that ended in tragedy.

Authorities arrested Kenneth Manzanares and charged him with murder. He’s being held without bond.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/07/3...d-cruise-ship/

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    They love the K names.
    Reminds me too much of 20 kids and counting or whatever that freak show was.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    Reminds me too much of 20 kids and counting or whatever that freak show was.
    Oh yeah, didn't all of their names start with J?

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Oh yeah, didn't all of their names start with J?
    Duggars.

1 Joshua James "Josh" March 3, 1988 (age 29)[90] Married to Anna Duggar with four children and expecting a boy
    2 Jana Marie January 12, 1990 (age 27)[91]
    3 John-David
    4 Jill Michelle May 17, 1991 (age 26) Married to Derick Dillard[91] with two sons[55]
    5 Jessa Lauren November 4, 1992 (age 24)[91] Married to Ben Seewald[49] with two sons[92]
    6 Jinger Nicole December 21, 1993 (age 23)[91] Married to Jeremy Vuolo[93]
    7 Joseph Garrett January 20, 1995 (age 22)[94] Engaged to Kendra Caldwell[95]
    8 Josiah Matthew August 28, 1996 (age 20)[96]
    9 Joy-Anna October 28, 1997 (age 19)[91] Married to Austin Forsyth[97]
    10 Jedidiah Robert December 30, 1998 (age 18)[90]
    11 Jeremiah Robert
    12 Jason Michael April 21, 2000 (age 17)[90]
    13 James Andrew July 7, 2001 (age 16)[90]
    14 Justin Samuel November 15, 2002 (age 14)[90]
    15 Jackson Levi[98] May 23, 2004 (age 13)[90]
    16 Johannah Faith[99] October 11, 2005 (age 11)[91]
    17 Jennifer Danielle [100] August 2, 2007 (age 9)[91]
    18 Jordyn-Grace Makiya[101] December 18, 2008 (age 8)[91]
    19 Josie Brooklyn[102]

That Duggar mom is practically a clown car.

That vag must look like a crime scene...BUT Jim Bob keeps going back for more...

Those people are gross.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I didn't see it mentioned up the thread, but he beat her to death with the ladder from the bunk bed in the room, so I imagine it was a pretty horrific scene.
    The murder-mystery was taking part in another part of the ship and they weren't involved in that.

I learned in a Reddit thread that you can call 911 on a ship, I've been on 5 cruises and didn't know, I have called security on some people in a room near ours because they were having a huge screaming, crashing fight, and we ended up in the hallway with some other "neighbors" wondering what to do, so we called. They were spoken too, and then a couple days alter were at it again, I think the man was removed from the room eventually.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

I was on a cruise when the late night disco turned into a brawl. Some clown was throwing chairs and one hit me. I didn't report it but I did hear from some friends I made on the boat, the idiot was found with drugs on him and was detained in the cruise jail.

Cruise forum where some passengers posted their account or had a family member on board...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2525804

She had apparently asked for a divorce

Her slaying allegedly culminated a night of marital tension between the couple that began when Kenneth became belligerent at dinner, a family source, who was not on the boat, previously told PEOPLE.

“He had been acting terrible all night,” the source said, adding that at some point that evening, Kristy asked for a divorce. At that point, Kenneth allegedly “snapped” and killed her, the source said.

http://people.com/crime/husband-indi...e-ship-murder/

Quote Originally Posted by merdeath View Post
    I was on a cruise when the late night disco turned into a brawl. Some clown was throwing chairs and one hit me. I didn't report it but I did hear from some friends I made on the boat, the idiot was found with drugs on him and was detained in the cruise jail.
    They have a jail? Who knew?

"A federal grand jury returned an indictment Wednesday charging 39-year-old Kenneth Manzanares with first-degree murder in the death of his wife, Kristy Manzanares".

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar.../#.WZxtMK2ZNbU

Quote Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
    They do! They even have "ICU" type medical facilities. Cruise ships fascinate me. They don't use the jail unless it's really serious, usually they will confine the bad guest to their cabin with security posted outside their door until they can take them off at the next port.

Quote Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
    As morbid as it may sound, larger ships have designated morgues.
    http://nypost.com/2015/04/06/hidden-...-ship-secrets/

Yep, cruises actually have a lot more on-board deaths than you would think. I've been on 5 and on 2 we had to medi-vac people off that were having emergencies. I have a friend that works for the art gallery on Royal Caribbean's fleet right now and she has some good stories.
    On my very first cruise we were up late gambling and they announced that they had come across a fishing vessel in distress so we were going to turn around and offer assistance, so we went to the side to watch. They hit the vessel with a spotlight and it was definitely something shady going on because they all yelled NO NO and waved their arms and then sped off. So we turned back around and kept going. Unfortunately, the logistics of turning the ship around and going back, and then turning around again were enough to make us late to the next port in the morning by over an hour!

Also, one of my favorite parts of cruising is watching the people that ignore the time warnings at port thinking the ship will wait for them, and then watching them run full speed down the dock as the ship pulls away and everyone waves goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    Yep, cruises actually have a lot more on-board deaths than you would think. I've been on 5 and on 2 we had to medi-vac people off that were having emergencies. I have a friend that works for the art gallery on Royal Caribbean's fleet right now and she has some good stories.
    On my very first cruise we were up late gambling and they announced that they had come across a fishing vessel in distress so we were going to turn around and offer assistance, so we went to the side to watch. They hit the vessel with a spotlight and it was definitely something shady going on because they all yelled NO NO and waved their arms and then sped off. So we turned back around and kept going. Unfortunately, the logistics of turning the ship around and going back, and then turning around again were enough to make us late to the next port in the morning by over an hour!

Also, one of my favorite parts of cruising is watching the people that ignore the time warnings at port thinking the ship will wait for them, and then watching them run full speed down the dock as the ship pulls away and everyone waves goodbye.
    This post makes me want to take a cruise.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-ple...hip-in-alaska/

Man pleads not guilty in wife's slaying aboard cruise ship in Alaska
    I simply cannot wait to hear the reason he thinks he is not guilty. I also firmly believed he was going to off himself (or at least try) in jail.

Seriously, what the hell does he think he can plead, insanity?

Thread Information