Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Hannah Anderson (16)- kidnapped and recovered alive. Younger brother Ethan; Mother. Tina Anderson, killed.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I wish presidential, amber, silver and Imminent Extreme/Severe alerts on you all. All of the time.
    I'm sorry I don't think my phone buzzing is rage inducing.

Especially considering what the buzz is about.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Okay, let's pretend that the sound isn't annoying. How much do you care to be text the same thing over and over again?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Okay, let's pretend that the sound isn't annoying. How much do you care to be text the same thing over and over again?
    That's a bit retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    That's a bit retarded.
    You're right. It's the smartest most amazing idea ever. And clearly has worked like a charm.

You're right. It's the smartest most amazing idea ever. And clearly has worked like a charm.
    I was saying it is retarded. Did you take your meds today?

I was saying it is retarded. Did you take your meds today?
    You're being deliberately obtuse.

You're being deliberately obtuse.
    I'm really not. I guess I'm just legit stupid.

But yea, it's a stupid idea. Hopefully that's clear enough.
    I do not think texting people is reasonable. I do not approve. I do not like it.

So, would you be pissed off if someone was calling you in the middle of the night? its the same thing, right? by an alarm clock and turn your phone off. *dusts hands off* Its done and over with. geez people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by Pywackett View Post
    What the heck is ask.fm? Kids sure do have countless ways of interacting on social mediums these days. They should just argue on MyDeathSpace forums like us adults do. Anyways, this is Hannah's AskFm. A few kids told her to die a couple of weeks ago and that they she was the reason her daddy left the family. Teenagers really are precious.

http://ask.fm/hannahbanana722
    Different Hannah. See this thread :http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...nline-bullying

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    So, would you be pissed off if someone was calling you in the middle of the night? its the same thing, right? by an alarm clock and turn your phone off. *dusts hands off* Its done and over with. geez people!
    And with the iphone, you can turn your ringer and vibrate off, and the alarm on your phone will still go off in the morning. I do that everynight.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Just to clarify, this is an alert that overrides your phone settings. It didn't matter if it was off or on mute.

There is an emergency alert system that also does this.

I really hope I'm wrong but I don't have a good feeling about this case. Everyone is on the lookout for this dude, and he has nothing to lose. He's obviously a loose cannon, and he knows Hannah doesn't want to be on the run with him. This story is not going to have a happy ending.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I really hope I'm wrong but I don't have a good feeling about this case. Everyone is on the lookout for this dude, and he has nothing to lose. He's obviously a loose cannon, and he knows Hannah doesn't want to be on the run with him. This story is not going to have a happy ending.
    Yeah, that's how I feel. I think the cops are banking on him dropping her somewhere and fleeing.

Just to clarify, this is an alert that overrides your phone settings. It didn't matter if it was off or on mute.

I honestly do not see the big deal at all. I understand it was at night, but I seriously do not understand the outrage. They did this shit in Texas a few times, and it didn't make national news because people bitched about being woken up because of it.

Before, the amber alerts were only on the highway signs and on these tvs in SELECT gas stations on the gas pumps and by the registers. I don't read the signs unless traffic is backed up. How else are people going to really know what to look out for or even that there is someone missing? I do get that unless its NEW information, they should not text over and over again. That doesn't help at all.

We are clogging this thread up...maybe we need to take the bitching and head scratching to chit chat or something.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

No, I think people should continue bitching about people complaining. That's really productive.

Again, there haven't been any other developments in this case, anyway.

i'm not bitching about you guys complaining. i just think its not that big of a deal. :shrug:

i'm done.

Huh? If my phone is on vibrate the alert only vibrates. If it's off I don't get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    Huh? If my phone is on vibrate the alert only vibrates. If it's off I don't get them.
    My phone buzzed and it was turned off. Not like a text, like it was ringing. Super loud. That's why I even noted it, really. Because it struck me as so odd/scared the shit out of me.

It depends on how updated your smart phone is. My friends with non-updated iphone 4's didn't get the text at all because you have to update it to even have the emergency alert etc put on your phone. It makes sense because if you think about it, if you live in an area where a massive fire breaks out, and you need to be evacuated, you don't want to die because your phone was off.

It's just technology slowly catching up with how people no longer have home phone lines.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    No I think that is the correct Hannah. If you click the link, it looks like Hannah Anderson in the pics...I was confused at first because I read that Hannah Smith had an ask whatever it's called, but turns out they both have one....just coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    I have an iphone5. I had the volume off and vibrating off. It just flashed. Maybe the alert ruined Candy Crush games for people. That could explain it.

here is the profile pic on that ask.fm account -

My phone buzzed and it was turned off. Not like a text, like it was ringing. Super loud. That's why I even noted it, really. Because it struck me as so odd/scared the shit out of me.

It depends on how updated your smart phone is. My friends with non-updated iphone 4's didn't get the text at all because you have to update it to even have the emergency alert etc put on your phone. It makes sense because if you think about it, if you live in an area where a massive fire breaks out, and you need to be evacuated, you don't want to die because your phone was off.

It's just technology slowly catching up with how people no longer have home phone lines.
    I have an iPhone 5 on the newest available OS. Idk I've got to look into it more because I generally keep my phone on vibrate and that's what it does when I get emergency alerts too. I don't remember what my droid did though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    No I think that is the correct Hannah. If you click the link, it looks like Hannah Anderson in the pics...I was confused at first because I read that Hannah Smith had an ask whatever it's called, but turns out they both have one....just coincidence.
    I think M Joy was saying that her link was a different Hannah, but that it too had an ask.fm reference in it. Def. same Hannah though. By reading through, I guess what that Jim guy said to her was "If I was your age I would date you". That is what creeped her out initially over a month ago.

I'm confused with the Hannah ask.fm accounts

http://ask.fm/hannahbanana722 this one seemed to be the UK Hannah based on the comments. - the one that committed suicide. Sorry for confusion
    Last edited by M Joy; 08-08-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Amber Alerts Expand To Oregon, Washington For Missing Lakeside Kids

August 8, 2013 6:29 AM

LAKESIDE (AP) — Amber Alerts expanded to Oregon and Washington as authorities searched for a Southern California man suspected of abducting a 16-year-old girl and wanted in the death of the girl’s mother and possibly her 8-year-old brother.

Oregon state police said there was a possible sighting of James Lee DiMaggio’s blue Nissan Versa in northeast California near Alturas on Wednesday, followed by another about 50 miles along the same highway near Lakeview, in south-central Oregon.

Investigators have said DiMaggio may be headed to Texas or Canada with 16-year-old Hannah Anderson and possibly her 8-year-old brother, Ethan, though investigators said a charred body discovered along with the mother could be the boy.

Also Wednesday, a friend of Hannah Anderson said DiMaggio told Hannah he had a crush on her and would date her if they were the same age.

DiMaggio explained that he didn’t want the girls to think he was weird in an effort to defend himself after noticing they exchanged glances, 15-year-old Marissa Chavez said. She said he spoke while driving them home from a high school gymnastics meet a couple months ago.

Hannah Anderson asked Chavez to join her from then on whenever DiMaggio, 40, drove her to meets.

“She was a little creeped out by it. She didn’t want to be alone with him,” Chavez said.

DiMaggio was like an uncle to Hannah and 8-year-old Ethan. He was very close with their parents for years.

On Sunday night, authorities found the body of 42-year-old Christina Anderson when they extinguished flames at DiMaggio’s rural home. A child’s body was found as they sifted through rubble in Boulevard, a tiny town 65 miles east of San Diego on the U.S.-Mexico border.

The child’s body has not been identified but it may be Ethan’s, sheriff’s Lt. Glenn Giannantonio said late Tuesday.

Christina Anderson’s father, Christopher Saincome, said Wednesday that his daughter visited DiMaggio’s home last weekend to say goodbye before he moved to Texas. DiMaggio, who works as a telecommunications technician at The Scripps Research Institute in San Diego, was a regular presence at the Anderson family apartment in Lakeside, a suburb of 54,000 people.

“He must have had this planned,” Saincome said.

Saincome said nothing seemed amiss when he called his daughter at work Friday to let her know she didn’t call on his birthday. Anderson, a medical assistant, said she would call back that night but never did.

Investigators had no evidence that the relationship between DiMaggio and the missing girl was more than friendly.

“We’re not looking into that directly at this point,” Giannantonio said.

DiMaggio is wanted on suspicion of murder and arson in a search that began in Southern California and spread to Mexico and neighboring states.

DiMaggio’s sister, Lora Robinson, told U-T San Diego that the allegations against her brother were “completely out of character.” She said he spent four years in the Navy, left military service to care for her after their mother died of cancer and volunteered rescuing animals.

“He is the kindest person in the world,” Robinson said.

She told ABC’s “Good Morning America” that she believed her brother was also a victim of foul play, along with the Andersons.

“He tried to take care of those kids, and he took care of them as if they were his own,” Robinson said.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/...lakeside-kids/

Sounds like DiMaggio's sister is having a hard time accepting her brother might be a douche.

I'm in the Pacific Northwest and so far there's been no Amber Alert on my phone. After the comments in this thread, I want to hear it!

Thread Information