Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HIV-positive man who intentionally infected ‘thousands’ of partners turns himself in

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    This. I agree his victims made a stupid decision and now its one that will cost them their life.
    But as I said in my earlier post, i made some stupid decisions in my early 20s. I was out of my mind and I am fully aware that the consequences I paid could have been so much worse. So I suppose I can almost identify with this guy's victims because in a way, that could have been me.
    I'm taking time today to thank God that those couple of foolish nights didn't lead to a deadly disease that I might be dead from by now.
    I don't see your post as the same as CJ's. You're fully acknowledging your part, the risk you took. I'm very glad you didn't end up like any of these women. I don't think these women deserved what happened to them at all. The thing is, even if this guy wasn't seeking out people to infect, had he just had it and did exactly what he did (hooked up with a lot of people), would people be saying the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by wmdeeznuts View Post
    There's always that one night in TJ when you drunkenly let some college guy and his buddies saddle you up and pump you like cheap brakes on a hooptie. You don't want to be stuck with the luv bug after something like that...
    *George Takei's voice* Oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
    I don't see your post as the same as CJ's. You're fully acknowledging your part, the risk you took. I'm very glad you didn't end up like any of these women. I don't think these women deserved what happened to them at all. The thing is, even if this guy wasn't seeking out people to infect, had he just had it and did exactly what he did (hooked up with a lot of people), would people be saying the same thing?
    Yes I'm acknowledging my part. I know I got lucky. But the women/men that this guy hooked up with weren't so lucky. I'm sure they acknowledge that they made a stupid mistake. But this guy wasn't making "stupid mistakes". He did this on purpose to as many people as he could find to make a stupid mistake with him. I would be going after this guy too if it happened to me.

DS, You are ignoring the part where he was a predator and doubtlessly used coercion and persuasion to accomplish his end means, as well as targeting 'drifters' which usually means 'homeless people looking to do anything for a roof over their head or a meal'. Your comparison to car accidents and so forth aren't applicable. This guy was GOING AFTER people. It's neglecting all the psychology that goes on with any serial killer. Again, by your logic, anyone is to blame for their deaths if they choose to be in a marginal neighborhood, get too drunk at a bar, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    Yes I'm acknowledging my part. I know I got lucky. But the women/men that this guy hooked up with weren't so lucky. I'm sure they acknowledge that they made a stupid mistake. But this guy wasn't making "stupid mistakes". He did this on purpose to as many people as he could find to make a stupid mistake with him. I would be going after this guy too if it happened to me.
    Spreading HIV knowingly is definitely criminal. No doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    DS, You are ignoring the part where he was a predator and doubtlessly used coercion and persuasion to accomplish his end means, as well as targeting 'drifters' which usually means 'homeless people looking to do anything for a roof over their head or a meal'. Your comparison to car accidents and so forth aren't applicable. This guy was GOING AFTER people. It's neglecting all the psychology that goes on with any serial killer. Again, by your logic, anyone is to blame for their deaths if they choose to be in a marginal neighborhood, get too drunk at a bar, etc.
    I'm not. I'm not saying they're responsible for their death, but they played a role by agreeing to unprotected sex. I already said if they were drunk or not mentally stable, they aren't responsible at all since what he did was rape. If a person can't consent (verbally and/or emtionally) and he has sex with them, it's rape. The difference between your scenario and what happened here is consent.

What? Not everyone who makes a shitty decision to fuck someone drunk is a rape victim. You're still not acknowledging the fact that this guy was purposefully trying to spread a disease.

What? Not everyone who makes a shitty decision to fuck someone drunk is a rape victim. You're still not acknowledging the fact that this guy was purposefully trying to spread a disease.
    If the person is too drunk to consent and the suspect was sober, that's more than a shitty decision.

How am I not acknowledging it?

I can't speak for danakscully, but I know that for me, there is no ignoring or denying that this guy is absolutely a predator and is completely at fault.

I'm just thinking it's just a damn shame they didn't take a simple step that could have potentially saved their life. That doesn't put them at fault, make them bad people, or make this guy any less responsible for doing what he did. It's just unfortunate. It's unfortunate that people refuse to wear seat belts, don't take a cab, and don't know their drinking limits. Not saying that means they are to blame if something happens to them-- just acknowledging that a smarter decision could have saved them.

Again, I'm pointlessly playing the role of Captain Hindsight. It's always useful to contemplate what should have been done, right? ...right?
    Eh, it really does sound arrogant... not meant that way though.

This in spades.
    Makes me think of an i.survived episode...dumbass 15 year old runaway was hitchhiking back home Nd guy in a van offered a ride. Other pitchers warned her It was a bad move but She took It anyway. Guy was a serial killer who cut both her arms off And left her For dead. Its a miracle She survived.
    There, Dana, lies The difference You keep missing. This sucker infecting people is no different than The serial killer, And his victims may have made bad decision,like this kid did, but nothing That could have prepared them For whT was done to them. They are victims, period.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    I can't speak for danakscully, but I know that for me, there is no ignoring or denying that this guy is absolutely a predator and is completely at fault.

I'm just thinking it's just a damn shame they didn't take a simple step that could have potentially saved their life. That doesn't put them at fault, make them bad people, or make this guy any less responsible for doing what he did. It's just unfortunate. It's unfortunate that people refuse to wear seat belts, don't take a cab, and don't know their drinking limits. Not saying that means they are to blame if something happens to them-- just acknowledging that a smarter decision could have saved them.

Again, I'm pointlessly playing the role of Captain Hindsight. It's always useful to contemplate what should have been done, right? ...right?
    Eh, it really does sound arrogant... not meant that way though.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    This in spades.
    Makes me think of an i.survived episode...dumbass 15 year old runaway was hitchhiking back home Nd guy in a van offered a ride. Other pitchers warned her It was a bad move but She took It anyway. Guy was a serial killer who cut both her arms off And left her For dead. Its a miracle She survived.
    There, Dana, lies The difference You keep missing. This sucker infecting people is no different than The serial killer, And his victims may have made bad decision,like this kid did, but nothing That could have prepared them For whT was done to them. They are victims, period.
    That's not even close to the same incident. A 15 year old isn't mature enough to make responsible decisions like this. An adult having consensual sex bareback with a stranger isn't the same as a serial killer picking up children in their car. The fact is, these women made poor choices that will affect them the rest of their lives. This predator was evil and made choices that will affect these women and men the rest of their lives. As women, we need to take steps to insure our safety from creeps like this. Maybe it's because I grew up watching Unsolved Mysteries and America's Most Wanted, but I trust no one. I assume that everyone is Jeffrey Dalmer

Do you really think the women who were willing and able to consent would have been infected whether or not they consented? Do you think he would have raped them? Do you think most/all of these women were forced into the sex? If so, that's absolutely different and I would go on your side 100%.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    idk, I mean, where I come from, it's common courtesy to not purposely affect people with a disease that will kill them. I think the general public would tend to not do this knowingly, and that's what sets him apart as, you know, a murderer.

Actually, scratch that, since I come from Kent County.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Ok Dana I get what youre going For but why else would this guy be facing major criminal charges? Obviously The law makes The distinction based on his INTENT to infect others.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan

Ok Dana I get what youre going For but why else would this guy be facing major criminal charges? Obviously The law makes The distinction based on his INTENT to infect others.
    Yes, because you can find a way to blame nearly everyone as 'partially responsible' for why they were murdered.

That's not even close to the same incident. A 15 year old isn't mature enough to make responsible decisions like this. An adult having consensual sex bareback with a stranger isn't the same as a serial killer picking up children in their car. The fact is, these women made poor choices that will affect them the rest of their lives. This predator was evil and made choices that will affect these women and men the rest of their lives. As women, we need to take steps to insure our safety from creeps like this. Maybe it's because I grew up watching Unsolved Mysteries and America's Most Wanted, but I trust no one. I assume that everyone is Jeffrey Dalmer

Do you really think the women who were willing and able to consent would have been infected whether or not they consented? Do you think he would have raped them? Do you think most/all of these women were forced into the sex? If so, that's absolutely different and I would go on your side 100%.
    Ok make the victim 35. This shit happens all the time. So let me revise her example:

A mature adult is desperate to get out of the rain so they accept a ride from a stranger who turns out to be a serial killer and they kill her.

Totally the person seeking the ride's fault?

I would say hitch hiking is far more dangerous than screwing someone without a condom. When you sleep with someone bareback, as I have done hundreds of times, it comes with the implication that the partner should tell you if that will result in any health problems, especially if it's HIV.

Lets say I let danaskully drive my car, but I've intentionally cut my brake lines because I want to kill her. As we all know, driving is more dangerous than fucking someone without a condom. My fault that she hit a wall and died or hers?

Ok make the victim 35. This shit happens all the time. So let me revise her example:

A mature adult is desperate to get out of the rain so they accept a ride from a stranger who turns out to be a serial killer and they kill her.

I would say hitch hiking is far more dangerous than screwing someone without a condom. When you sleep with someone bareback, as I have done hundreds of times, it comes with the implication that the partner should tell you if that will result in any health problems, especially if it's HIV.

Lets say I let danaskully drive my car, but I've intentionally cut my brake lines because I want to kill her. As we all know, driving is more dangerous than fucking someone without a condom. My fault that she hit a wall and died or hers?

OBVIOUSLY hers...she took the risk by driving the car. Its the chewbacca defense- so so clear to me now...:-P

OBVIOUSLY hers...she took the risk by driving the car. Its the chewbacca defense- so so clear to me now...:-P
    Yeah, if you lent me your car there is the implication that it won't kill me.

I like this car analogy..

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I like this car analogy..
    Yea, I'm starting to blame the victims less now. Ha.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I just like cars, Ron..

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I just like cars, Ron..
    I hate cars, and even I got it!
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Yes, because you can find a way to blame nearly everyone as 'partially responsible' for why they were murdered.
    Exactly. If only Lizzie Borden's folks had kept the ax locked up...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Speak for yourselves. Victim-blaming is my bread and butter.
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

Quote Originally Posted by PCP777 View Post

I'd take my chances hitching a ride (and have) before boinking a stranger bare.
    The implication is that they would tell you, but that's assuming they know themselves. There are a fuckton more people running around with STDs than people intent on murdering a hitcher.
    Not judging. Just sayin. I'm also paranoid to an unhealthy degree when it comes to sex, which I fully acknowledge. But I don't think it's productive or ethical to downplay the risk based on your own experience.

What? I would never hitchike, ever. But there's always the possibility of getting hammered and fucking up.

Thread Information