Page 151 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 651 1151 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    There were two loads done that afternoon.
    Those weren't the ONLY loads getting done that afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
    I think she rewrote the journals after the killing. I think she bought new blank journals and copied most of the old entries plus added some new ones and new details. Because some of the entries and details are just strange, even for someone as odd as Jodi. You don't need to remind yourself of stuff you know well in your own diary. And she had a month between the murder and arrest to do the rewrite.

I also find her directing the police to make sure they have all her diaries very bizarre. She was very protective of those diaries, so her wanting to make sure the police got all of them makes no sense unless there was evidence in them she manufactured that she thought would get her off the hook.

A question.... did Jodi ever note exact times in her diary before?? I notice she did on the day she was "informed" of Travis' death. That also seemed weird to me, so I am wondering if she had done it before? Are there other diary entries where she tells exact times, or write multiple times in a single day?

Thanks, Berm, for transcribing these and posting them.
    What I don't understand are the supposedly torn out pages. Which pages are the ones that are supposed to have been torn out? Where were they?

Thanks Berm, for taking all the time to transcribe them. But it seemed like such bs to me I couldn't read it all. Same as LaViolette's testimony. If the May 22nd entries were actually written May 22, could she have already been planning the murder?

I wonder if Martinez is not doing exactly the right thing in treating the defense experts with contempt when they start to dissemble. After all, they are full of crap but, because they come with some sorts of credentials, that might be intimidating to members of the Jury. If Martinez treats these witnesses with too much respect, he's liable to convey the impression to the Jury that they are worthy of it. That's would be a serious strategic miscalculation.

What do I like most about Juan Martinez. He refers to himself in the third person as "The Prosecutor" when he's confronting the smart asses. That lets 'em know they are up against a high office that represents the People of The State Arizona and not involved in some smart alecky one upmanship debate with the little Hispanic Guy with the dyed hair.

Remember Pres. Harry Truman when he fired the hero, Gen Douglas MacArthur? I don't think he said it in these words, but it went something like this: "I didn't fire the General because he offended Mr. Harry Truman. I fired the son-of-a-bitch because he offended the President of the United States of America." The Office is more important than the person in it. We focus too much on getting the 'right guy' for the job. It's more important than we support doing the right thing--and I am convinced The Prosecutor is doing that.

Gonna make Tacos now. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find corn tortillas up here?

"Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Cane View Post
    I would agree with Morbidly Lovely's reference to JM's performance akin to a banty rooster, and I'll add with a Napoleon Complex. He's been given low marks on his courtroom, "performance's," by both prosecutor's and defense attorneys alike.

As an example of a solid presentation based solely on facts would be Sheila Polk, AZ prosecutor, James Arthur Ray case.
    This too:
    Cross exam of defense expert witness, in response to a last-minute 'dirty trick' by defense.
    Oh and ladies, THIS is what a Hot prosecutor looks like...

Last edited by Ian 1; 04-06-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    First, this is a forum, and the purpose of a forum is to "opine", yes? Also a place for people to express different points of view, not just The ONE AND ONLY point of view you share?

Second, you do not need a law degree to perceive how Martinez is presenting the evidence. The jurors are ordinary people without law degrees. If some of us see weaknesses in his presentation it is possible those same issues are having an impact on at least some of the jurors. I, for one, do not want to see Martinez blow this with his little rampages such as "YOU SAID SNOW WHITE WAS A BATTERED WOMAN, DIDN'T YOU? SHE LIVED IN A SHACK, RIGHT? AND COOKED AND CLEANED FOR THE DWARVES, RIGHT? YES OR NO?" being just the most recent example.

And no, that does not mean I belong on the JAII site or 'hate' Martinez. I want the same thing as everyone else on this thread. So, take your pom-poms to the Juan cheerleader thread if that's your thing. You'll be happier there, everyone agrees with you!
    Martinez keeps everyone, including the jury focused on the testimony. He really perks up the place after the days and days of droning on by the defense and their witnesses.
    Alyce was out of line asking him if he was mad at her. He was asking standard questions and she was sparring with him. She and Wilmott wanted to make a joke out of him, but the joke is on them. They were very unprofessional, and the DT is losing the jury, wasting their time. By the way, he's only started. I'm looking forward to Monday!

Last edited by lisam2013; 04-22-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Maybe it's more like his only approach. For me, a strategy is something you plan and vary to suit the situation. Juan seems angry at everyone, probably even his exterminator & dog groomer. Did The Prosecutor ASK for croutons on his salad?!!?
    Bwahaha! I know eh! Juan to the Waitress: "I asked for tomato soup, not pea and ham! Ma'am do you have memory problems?"

But hey! It worked!!

How many minutes into his cross before he got LaViolette to say that Travis was NOT the victim in this case?

Question about Jodi's journals. Do we know how long she has been writing them? Since a kid/teen I presume. But, not only is there no mention of supposedly abusive Travis, there is no mention of her so-called abuse at the hands of her parents, is there? Wouldn't you think that abuse would be one of the most likely things that a person would unburden themselves about in their journal? I mean, lots of people can't talk about abuse, but 'talking' to her journal would be a good way to get those feelings out, without having to involve a 3rd party.

Will the lack of abuse notations in the diary, about Jodi's family, be brought up?

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    Question about Jodi's journals. Do we know how long she has been writing them? Since a kid/teen I presume. But, not only is there no mention of supposedly abusive Travis, there is no mention of her so-called abuse at the hands of her parents, is there? Wouldn't you think that abuse would be one of the most likely things that a person would unburden themselves about in their journal? I mean, lots of people can't talk about abuse, but 'talking' to her journal would be a good way to get those feelings out, without having to involve a 3rd party.

Will the lack of abuse notations in the diary, about Jodi's family, be brought up?
    This has been brought up many times, by both prosecution and the defense!

She's got it covered by "The Law of Attraction"!

Helpful Info:

Forum Rules are here:http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...20-Forum-Rules

Forum Reputation System info is here: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...utation-System

We have a shiny, new thread for Arias Trial Memes, Jokes, Videos & Other Postings/Chat Not Directly Trial Related here: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...-Trial-Related

Just a note: While the First Amendment right to freedom of speech remains in effect here in the US, please don't assume that you are entitled to free speech when it comes to participating in online communities such as MyDeathSpace (or even Facebook and Twitter for that matter). Your right to free speech is subject to the discretion of the site owner.

This isn't a conspiracy. It's largely a matter of business realities. Running a 'social website' isn't free and after going to all the trouble to host and maintain such a community, we need to maintain some control over the community. Unbridled free speech can easily degrade the quality of a community and run afoul of the site owner's agenda. Thanks!!

The info above regarding free speech is gratefully taken from: http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...f-entitlement/ which is full of awesome information on this topic.
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 04-06-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Typo-attack!
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Here's a blog post I read this morning. Actually gave me chills reading it. It's from a guy's point of view about the Jodi case.....and his own experience with an ex that was just like Jodi.

http://justdatruth2012.blogspot.com/...murdering.html

Great article. I really wish Travis had made the choices this guy did. He disengaged and put out a restraining order etc. against his stalker. Interesting that the author says he was addicted to the "attention" this woman gave him. He got over that, pretty quick once her behavior escalated ( spying on him, hacking into his personal accounts etc. and took serious action against her).

I am also starting to believe from listening to the JA and parents interrogation tapes that Jodi may have a split-personality. Interesting to me that both parents said that Jodi would call to talk and sound calm and happy. Minutes to a couple hours later, she would call back and be enraged. It really does seem like there are two Jodi's. Perhaps Captain Howdy is back.

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Helpful Info:

Forum Rules are here:http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...20-Forum-Rules

Forum Reputation System info is here: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...utation-System

We have a shiny, new thread for Arias Trial Memes, Jokes, Videos & Other Postings/Chat Not Directly Trial Related here: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...-Trial-Related

Just a note: While the First Amendment right to freedom of speech remains in effect here in the US, please don't assume that you are entitled to free speech when it comes to participating in online communities such as MyDeathSpace (or even Facebook and Twitter for that matter). Your right to free speech is subject to the discretion of the site owner.

This isn't a conspiracy. It's largely a matter of business realities. Running a 'social website' isn't free and after going to go to the trouble to host and maintain such a community, we need to maintain some control over the community. Unbridled free speech can easily degrade the quality of a community and run afoul of the site owner's agenda. Thanks!!

The info above regarding free speech is gratefully taken from: http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...f-entitlement/ which is full of awesome information on this topic.

Hi NQ,

Thanks so much. Rules are perfectly clear. RE: Free Speech- understood. Any forum would be a snake pit without some authority. Hopefully, the rules will clarify and contain.
    Last edited by Peace Corpse; 04-06-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by VioletPlanet View Post
    Great article. I really wish Travis had made the choices this guy did. He disengaged and put out a restraining order etc. against his stalker. Interesting that the author says he was addicted to the "attention" this woman gave him. He got over that, pretty quick once her behavior escalated ( spying on him, hacking into his personal accounts etc. and took serious action against her).

I am also starting to believe from listening to the JA and parents interrogation tapes that Jodi may have a split-personality. Interesting to me that both parents said that Jodi would call to talk and sound calm and happy. Minutes to a couple hours later, she would call back and be enraged. It really does seem like there are two Jodi's. Perhaps Captain Howdy is back.
    By this time I had called the cops several times. They said she hadn't committed a crime and unless she proved to be a credible threat there was nothing they could do.
    I knew from the cops that even a restraining order wouldn't work,
    http://justdatruth2012.blogspot.com/...murdering.html
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by poppym View Post

Except she knew nothing about The Law of Attraction when she was supposedly "abused" by Bobby or her parents. Something is fishy!!
    I Feel More Like I Do Now Than When I Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by poppym View Post

She knew them as a kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post

You took the following quote out of context. "Please include the rest of the quote: "I knew from the cops that even a restraining order wouldn't work, but I had to hope she wouldn't call my bluff. Luckily, I haven't heard from the nut job in years, and hope to never have to hear from her."

The gentleman who wrote the article is still alive. Is Travis?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppycock View Post
    I was trying to find out if today's engagement was cancelled and found this article, seems very true of expert witness LV.

Jodi Arias Domestic Violence Expert Accused Of Cashing In On Murder By Abuse Victims
    http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...of-cashing-in/

ETA:
    Would this post be considered fluff for the new thread? Not sure where to draw the line for "trial related"
    I think LV is going to see many of her engagements cancelled as a 'ripple effect' from her testimony in this trial.

ETA: This is good in here Poppycock! I think we should use the new thread mostly for jokes and the responses to jokes.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjkcol

Juror #5

WHAT GOT HER BOOTED:
    -Allegation are that she described Travis' murder as "heinous" within earshot of other jurors when being questioned by the judge after Nurmi's mistrial motion. This caused the defense to deem her choice of words and outburst as something that could perhaps taint the other jurors. However, they were already suspicious of her being against the defense because a note got back to Nurmi that Meliha had joked about something while she went to lunch with the other jurors.
    -The joke went something like this "for $300 bucks an hour, you think they could get us chairs worth sitting in". So aside from her "heinous" comment, it appears that her misconduct was also related to this joke.

Quote Originally Posted by VioletPlanet View Post
    You took the following quote out of context. "Please include the rest of the quote: "I knew from the cops that even a restraining order wouldn't work, but I had to hope she wouldn't call my bluff. Luckily, I haven't heard from the nut job in years, and hope to never have to hear from her."

The gentleman who wrote the article is still alive. Is Travis?

Context? He never got a restraining order because the cops told him she hadn't committed a crime and unless she proved to be a credible threat there was nothing they could do.H called her Mom and said he was getting a restraining order as a bluff.

Finally I called her mom. I told her mom I was filing a restraining order against her daughter and so was my brother. I knew her mom would relay the message. I knew from the cops that even a restraining order wouldn't work, but I had to hope she wouldn't call my bluff. Luckily, I haven't heard from the nutjob in years, and hope to never have to hear from her.

Context? He never got a restraining order because the cops told him she hadn't committed a crime and unless she proved to be a credible threat there was nothing they could do.H called her Mom and said he was getting a restraining order as a bluff.

Yes, I understand. Just the simple threat of a restraining order relayed to a third party proved to be very effective. The point is...this man did the research, disengaged, took action.

Juror #5

WHAT GOT HER BOOTED:
    -Allegation are that she described Travis' murder as "heinous" within earshot of other jurors when being questioned by the judge after Nurmi's mistrial motion. This caused the defense to deem her choice of words and outburst as something that could perhaps taint the other jurors. However, they were already suspicious of her being against the defense because a note got back to Nurmi that Meliha had joked about something while she went to lunch with the other jurors.
    -The joke went something like this "for $300 bucks an hour, you think they could get us chairs worth sitting in". So aside from her "heinous" comment, it appears that her misconduct was also related to this joke.
    that might explain why the judge (allegedly) invited #5 back.. the Judge felt somewhat responsible for something that happened during her questioning... It still doesn't make sense though.

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
    Aldous Huxley

Juror #5

WHAT GOT HER BOOTED:
    Begs the question, who's sending these notes to Nurmi? Must be another juror -- one very sympathetic to the defense.

I mean "for $300 bucks an hour, you think they could get us chairs worth sitting in" hardly seems like misconduct?

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Begs the question, who's sending these notes to Nurmi? Must be another juror -- one very sympathetic to the defense.

I mean "for $300 bucks an hour, you think they could get us chairs worth sitting in" hardly seems like misconduct?
    oops. That would totally be something I would say!

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    Except she knew nothing about The Law of Attraction when she was supposedly "abused" by Bobby or her parents. Something is fishy!!
    You're right. We shouldn't forget the time spans involved and exactly at what age Jodi stumbled upon her various enlightenments. Too bad she never got much schooling. Otherwise we could pin them down more precisely.
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Thread Information