Thread: Parents kill Anvu Shah Zafar (15) with acid after she talks to a boy

Parents kill Anvu Shah Zafar (15) with acid after she talks to a boy

''Pakistani parents in a remote village allegedly killed their 15-year-old daughter by pouring acid all over her face and body after they caught her talking to an unknown boy, according to local police and hospital officials.

The incident happened in Kotli, a small town in Pakistan-administered Kashmir. The parents allegedly confessed to the attack after she spoke with a boy outside their house.

According to local police, the girl's father, Mohammed Zafar, became enraged when he found his teenage daughter, Anvu Shah, with the boy outside their home.

In many rural areas of Pakistan, deeply conservative social traditions forbid girls to speak or be seen with boys who are not related by blood.

"Zafar beat her up and then poured acid over her with the help of his wife," Tahir Ayub, a police officer, told Agence France Presse.

"She was badly burnt, but they did not take her to hospital until the next morning, and she died on Wednesday," he said.

Local media reports, citing hospital officials, say her death was slow and excruciatingly painful. The girl was brought to hospital with third degree burns all over her body, including her face, arms, and chest. Police were reportedly alerted to the attack by one of Shah's female relatives.

Her parents have now been charged with murder.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...2#.UJfNHmfYCSo

It's terrible, but this is an example of why I am glad I was born in 'Merica.

RIP Anvu

I am a little confused about the picture included with the article. If the family was so traditional that they would be the acid hurling type, why was she allowed to dress so "liberally"?

This has to be one of the worst ways to die. :/

I am actually kind of surprised this is news since this happened in Pakistan. The shocking part must be the use of acid. Otherwise, am I wrong to believe that honor killings, albeit disgusting, still happen in those parts?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I am actually kind of surprised this is news since this happened in Pakistan. The shocking part must be the use of acid. Otherwise, am I wrong to believe that honor killings, albeit disgusting, still happen in those parts?
    You're not wrong. I'm sure honor killings occur every day. I think the acid is making it "newsworthy." That and the fact that she's attractive.

I believe the current picture is one of Shafilea Ahmed, a young lady killed in the UK. It's another 'honour killing' case. Her parents have been convicted of killing her. So the confusion over the liberal dress is understandable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19075909

Quote Originally Posted by CorgiKid View Post
    I am a little confused about the picture included with the article. If the family was so traditional that they would be the acid hurling type, why was she allowed to dress so "liberally"?
    It's not a picture of Anvu. I'm pretty sure it's a picture of Shafilea Ahmed, another honour killing victim who lived in England and Pakistan.

This is the article about Shafilea Ahmed, where I got the picture:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-18922597

Thread Information