Page 629 of 655 FirstFirst ... 129 529 579 619 627 628 629 630 631 639 ... LastLast
Results 15,701 to 15,725 of 16368

Thread: MDS pets

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    What a good idea! We would use a long T-shirt and tie it on the back but it didn’t always cover the incision site. Kind of ghetto style lol.
    I'm sure that's where the idea came from, and some entrepreneurial style person took it from there and sewed it into this thing and made a bunch of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I ran across a grooming convention going on while out walking a dog. Check out this adorable little Clydesdale.
    This made my heart explode. Now I think the happiest place on earth must be a grooming convention. How do you find one?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    This made my heart explode. Now I think the happiest place on earth must be a grooming convention. How do you find one?
    One of my clients lives right beside the Convention Center and I was walking their dog. I saw a few really awesome styles. So much fun to run in to
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

My baby brat went in for her spay and pexy this morning. I dropped her off at 7:40am. By 9:45am they called me and said she was in recovery and all went well. A couple of hours later they called and said she had gotten all worked up in her kennel, and then they looked and there was a large puddle of blood, so they had to go back in and see what happened. Ugh. I didn't need this, this are my kids and now I am a nervous wreck. I was supposed to go get her early this afternoon, but as of now they still have her and are monitoring and putting more pain meds and saline in her.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    My baby brat went in for her spay and pexy this morning. I dropped her off at 7:40am. By 9:45am they called me and said she was in recovery and all went well. A couple of hours later they called and said she had gotten all worked up in her kennel, and then they looked and there was a large puddle of blood, so they had to go back in and see what happened. Ugh. I didn't need this, this are my kids and now I am a nervous wreck. I was supposed to go get her early this afternoon, but as of now they still have her and are monitoring and putting more pain meds and saline in her.
    Oh no! I'm so sorry....I am sure she will be fine though!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Sending good vibes. Some dogs just won't lie around and heal!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Oh no! I'm so sorry....I am sure she will be fine though!
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Sending good vibes. Some dogs just won't lie around and heal!
    Thanks guys. She finally got cleared to come home and I just picked her up. She's pretty out of it from having to go under twice today, but they said she's ok now.

Thanks guys. She finally got cleared to come home and I just picked her up. She's pretty out of it from having to go under twice today, but they said she's ok now.
    So glad to hear!

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Rough night...she doesn't want to lie down at all. She stood up pretty much all night. They had to shave a bunch of her hair off because she had diarrhea all over herself after she tore it open. They told me she did alligator rolls in the cage. Sigh. I am ready to be past this and back to normal. The pain meds don't seem to be doing much of anything for her.

Rough night...she doesn't want to lie down at all. She stood up pretty much all night. They had to shave a bunch of her hair off because she had diarrhea all over herself after she tore it open. They told me she did alligator rolls in the cage. Sigh. I am ready to be past this and back to normal. The pain meds don't seem to be doing much of anything for her.
    Did they say how many pain pills you can give her in a dose? My sisters dog weighed about 80 lbs and took 3 pills as a dose.

It sounds like her pain isn’t under control. Poor thing.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

For Bailey, the vet gave us some tranquilizers we gave her the first few days which helped a lot cuz a 6 month old lab is super hyper all the time....the meds kept her from jumping around and running, since she was tired all the time.

They only gave her carprofen, but I added tramadol to it because I had it for another dog and know that they can take the two together. She seems to have finally gotten past the freaked out point, and she is acting more like herself and also doesn't seem to have the overwhelming pain like last night. I thought about a tranquilizer in the middle of the night...wished I had asked for some for her.

Oh no, RBW! It's so awful to see your baby in pain like that, I'm so sorry you both had a bad night. Is this the first time she's been under anesthesia?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

They only gave her carprofen, but I added tramadol to it because I had it for another dog and know that they can take the two together. She seems to have finally gotten past the freaked out point, and she is acting more like herself and also doesn't seem to have the overwhelming pain like last night. I thought about a tranquilizer in the middle of the night...wished I had asked for some for her.
    She got a spay and plexy and they gave you carprofen and that’s all!?!? I’m sorry but that’s incompetence. No wonder she was so uncomfortable.

I’m glad the tram helped her. That’s what they should have prescribed in the first place.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Oh no, RBW! It's so awful to see your baby in pain like that, I'm so sorry you both had a bad night. Is this the first time she's been under anesthesia?
    No, she had to have her entropion eyelids fixed when she was 6 months.

She got a spay and plexy and they gave you carprofen and that’s all!?!? I’m sorry but that’s incompetence. No wonder she was so uncomfortable.

I’m glad the tram helped her. That’s what they should have prescribed in the first place.
    Ok, I thought I was just being overprotective Mum, but I thought the same thing. Luckily Maggie took it for her arthritis before I lost her, so I had some that I had to dig out, but it seemed to still work. I felt so helpless last night when she was so uncomfortable. It made me so sad. I don't do well when my babies are in pain. I would rather be in pain than have them have to deal with it.

No, she had to have her entropion eyelids fixed when she was 6 months.

Ok, I thought I was just being overprotective Mum, but I thought the same thing. Luckily Maggie took it for her arthritis before I lost her, so I had some that I had to dig out, but it seemed to still work. I felt so helpless last night when she was so uncomfortable. It made me so sad. I don't do well when my babies are in pain. I would rather be in pain than have them have to deal with it.
    you weren’t being an overprotective mom at all. Just a good one I hope she is doing better and continues to do so. Keep us posted!

you weren’t being an overprotective mom at all. Just a good one I hope she is doing better and continues to do so. Keep us posted!
    She slept well last night and is doing much better-the extra pain meds seem to have made all the difference. She's eating today and wanting to hang out with the other two. I am so happy to see her getting back to her old self.

BTW, I do recommend the surgery suit. I knew she wouldn't tolerate an e-collar, and she has been quite ok with the suite, and it has served it's purpose to protect the incision and keep her from messing with it...plus they shaved her so much (the two surgeries ended up in about a 10 inch incision vs the usual spay incision) that she had some razor burn and heat rash between her back legs, and it's helped with that.

So glad she's doing better. I don't understand the vet not sending her home with appropriate pain meds, especially since they saw her reaction when she came out of the anesthesia. I don't know what kind of relationship you have with this vet, or what reason they gave for not giving your baby pain meds, but I would seriously consider switching vets over this unconscionable oversight. Thank G*d you had tramadol and knew how to use it, or that poor baby would have suffered needlessly.

So glad she's doing better. I don't understand the vet not sending her home with appropriate pain meds, especially since they saw her reaction when she came out of the anesthesia. I don't know what kind of relationship you have with this vet, or what reason they gave for not giving your baby pain meds, but I would seriously consider switching vets over this unconscionable oversight. Thank G*d you had tramadol and knew how to use it, or that poor baby would have suffered needlessly.
    I normally really like my vet, but here in the last year or so I have been less happy with them. I miss my old vet back in TX. Wish I could find someone like him.

I normally really like my vet, but here in the last year or so I have been less happy with them. I miss my old vet back in TX. Wish I could find someone like him.
    It's hard to find a good vet, or any doctor for that matter. But these are your babies, it's important to find a vet you have total confidence in, I hope you find one.

So my litter boxes are in my laundry room, the only place I can put them. The room is unfinished and my exceptional cat keeps finding a way to scale the pipes and enter the basement ceiling via an exposed wall. its impossible to block the wall opening bc it's a whole uneven side (hard to explain). I thought she was jumping off the basket in the stationary tub and getting up that way so I cleaned it out. Then she went up there again she freaks out and gets scared of getting out of the hole. I freak out when she does that.

So we moved a litter box to the shower in the downstairs of my basement. That's my husband's area, so he's pissed about it. She has yet to use it.

We almost had to cut a whole in the ceiling to get her out. Any suggestions? (The guest bedrooms are out and we have no other place to put the boxes).

I think my husband will just have to suck it up and I?m going to leave the litter box in his bathroom.

I think my husband will just have to suck it up and I?m going to leave the litter box in his bathroom.
    Tell him that the cat knows the bathroom is where you're supposed to do your bathroom business.

Tell him that the cat knows the bathroom is where you're supposed to do your bathroom business.

When I moved the first thing the cats did was find the bath and wait for their box to be set up.

I adopted my girl a year ago today. Can't believe it's already been that long!
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 05-01-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Thread Information