Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2424

Thread: Warriena Tagpuno Wright (26) allegedly fell from Gable Tostee's balcony and he is on trial for her death

Quote Originally Posted by Inferiortools View Post
    It was early in the morning, not to many people are out listening for someone screaming for help.
    In the middle of cooking dinner for my brats, so I can't look into it, so I could be wrong...but I thought I read in one of the articles that there were people outside at the time and could tell from where she fell from. or when she was screaming when she was falling, people heard that, so people would have heard her screaming for help.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    In the middle of cooking dinner for my brats, so I can't look into it, so I could be wrong...but I thought I read in one of the articles that there were people outside at the time and could tell from where she fell from. or when she was screaming when she was falling, people heard that, so people would have heard her screaming for help.
    There were witnesses. One directly below him and one directly below the other witness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

That's true, but so would have Gable, the guy who just choked her and threw her out on the balcony. Remember when they talked about going over the balcony? Would you want him to come out to shut you up? She was terrified. That's why she risked her life to get away from him.

She screams and someone hears her. Now what? She tells them to call police while she waits patiently for help to arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    how about how when she said was a psycho drunk and not to test her and then repeatedly attacked him prompting him to choke her to keep her from attacking her?
    This is true.

That's why I brought up provocation earlier. I'm no lawyer, but I always thought murder can be reduced to manslaughter if the accused acted within the heat of passion. He didn't have enough time to think rationally about what to do, because he was trying to defend himself.

Then I got chewed out by Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Because the first thing I'd say when I was trying to put her somewhere "safe" in order to gather her things up is say "No! You've been a bad girl".
    Didn't he say "was going to" or "would have" rather than flat out "no"? Sounds to me like he was implying that she blew her chance, which she did when she reached for a weapon.

She screams and someone hears her. Now what? She tells them to call police while she waits patiently for help to arrive?
    Considering he didn't push her and I don't believe that he had any intentions of killing her, yes. why kill her by pushing her off the balcony? he could have killed her in his house and found a better way to dispose of the body, and he would have ended up getting caught somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stareson View Post
    Didn't he say "was going to" or "would have" rather than flat out "no"? Sounds to me like he was implying that she blew her chance, which she did when she reached for a weapon.
    Blew her chance to leave?

Or blew her chance to live?

She may have thought he meant the latter.

Blew her chance to leave?

Or blew her chance to live?

She may have thought he meant the latter.
    He said that in response to her demanding to "go home". There was nothing to suggest he was going to come back and hurt her, especially since he told her it was all on recording. This implies it wasn't Tostee she was afraid of, but her behaviour being recorded and getting her into trouble. Why else would she try and climb over within 10 seconds without calling for help?

This is true.

That's why I brought up provocation earlier. I'm no lawyer, but I always thought murder can be reduced to manslaughter if the accused acted within the heat of passion. He didn't have enough time to think rationally about what to do, because he was trying to defend himself.

Then I got chewed out by Si.
    Murder can be reduced to manslaughter:

Queensland
    Provocation operates as a partial defence to murder under s 304
    of the
    Criminal
    Code
    (Qld) (“the
    Code”).
    Under s 305, the penalty for murder is a mandatory life sentenc
    e; however, when
    provocation mitigates murder to manslaughter, there is a discre
    tionary sentence, with a
    maximum sentence of life imprisonment.
    The defence states that:
    When a person who unlawfully ki
    lls another under circumstances
    which, but for the
    provisions of this section, would constitute murder, does the a
    ct which causes death in the
    heat of passion caused by sudden
    provocation, and before there
    is time for the person’s
    passion to cool, the person is guilty of manslaughter only.

http://www.law.uq.edu.au/articles/qlsr/Riley-QLSR.pdf

Considering he didn't push her and I don't believe that he had any intentions of killing her, yes. why kill her by pushing her off the balcony? he could have killed her in his house and found a better way to dispose of the body, and he would have ended up getting caught somehow.
    It doesn't matter if he intended to kill her or not, she died while in his care, trying to flee because she was afraid of him.

Why throw her onto the balcony when you have a front door with a lock?

And yes, he would have gotten caught anyhow. Probably would have bragged about it on that steroid site if there were no witnesses.

Anyone think if he's found guilty lifetime will make a tv movie about it?

Call it The Gold Coast Adonis?

She was completely innocent. She didn't risk meeting a random stranger.
    He's so horrible because he's arrogant as fuck.
    Case closed. Death penalty!

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stareson View Post
    Why else would she try and climb over within 10 seconds without calling for help?
    Because she was afraid of him!

Why would she be afraid of her behavior being recorded and getting her into trouble? Why risk your life over something as trivial as that?

How about we ask her? Better yet, lets focus on the actions of the accused, you know, the person on trial.

It doesn't matter if he intended to kill her or not, she died while in his care, trying to flee because she was afraid of him.
    It was her decision to climb over, and if that was irrational and Tostee did nothing to cause someone to have such fear then it is not Tostee's fault.

Why would she be afraid of her behavior being recorded and getting her into trouble? Why risk your life over something as trivial as that?
    There was no reason for her to risk her life climbing. Maybe she didn't think it was risky, misjudged it and thought she could successfully do it.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    And who the fuck are some of you?
    Some of us (new people) are here because this is a discussion board about the untimely death of Warriena Tagpuno Wright, and because there are some here that are discrediting a lovely petite NZ bank worker who took sole care of her little sister, actively campaigned for animal rights, was raised by a church deacon, and was visiting Australia for a friend?s wedding.

She looked for a date, got one that seemed reasonable. She got wasted, with lots of encouragement, she was audibly scared shitless and physically abused in the final moments of her life, and decided that trying to access the safety of another high-rise balcony was preferable and safer than remaining locked on a balcony by a 6?3? beefy guy who had threatened her, tackled her to the ground, and roughed her up.

There is a legal precedent being looked at for this case, the South Queensland police are not cowboys, they laid credible charges against a perpetrator, approved by a top prosecutor, and the other side of this story ? Warriena?s side ? is valid and should be thought about, despite the attacks on her by those that may be Tostee, or his family, or his friends. Warriena cannot speak for herself any more.

What is with the ? marks that keep appearing instead of the dashes and apostrophes that are posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Seaglass View Post
    What is with the ? marks that keep appearing instead of the dashes and apostrophes that are posted?
    Forum glitch. Did you c&p from notepad or word?
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

She looked for a date.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the app they were using wasn't exactly for a date. It's a place to hook-up, which mean's sex to me. She was looking for a stranger to have sex with! Being a prude I have never done that, or even met a random person I talked to online. She obviously took the risk. Maybe this app should have a star system like on ebay to rate the sex and behavior of the person....then maybe she wouldn't have chose him.

Better yet, what is with the lack of common sense in this thread?

It's as if no one has read the Crown's definition of murder, yet continue to defend this sh!thead because he didn't own up to his mistake.

People punch cops, people get in high speed chases, sometimes drunk, people have guests die at their house.

Sh!theads never admit guilt, then apologize after the facts are read out in court and a decision is made by their peers.

I hate people that exploit the law.

Gable clearly needs some form of rehab, to help him with his alcoholism and unnatural behaviors. He doesn't need to hear why he fucked up. He needs to understand the consequences of his actions, and own up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Forum glitch. Did you c&p from notepad or word?
    Yes, I did. Thanks - will try to avoid that in the future.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the app they were using wasn't exactly for a date. It's a place to hook-up, which mean's sex to me. She was looking for a stranger to have sex with! Being a prude I have never done that, or even met a random person I talked to online. She obviously took the risk. Maybe this app should have a star system like on ebay to rate the sex and behavior of the person....then maybe she wouldn't have chose him.
    I was being polite.

And when that risk turned into a threat, she wanted to go home. It wasn't the first time that scenario played out in his apartment.

There's nothing wrong with having sex with strangers. Some people make a career out of it.

There is, however, something wrong when someone dies at your house, and you stupidly turn yourself from becoming a witness into a suspect.

The simple answer? Don't run away when your guest dies, especially if you are innocent and have done nothing wrong.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I've taken risks and met up with people I don't know. And I've met some cool people and made some new friend out of the deal. So are you people saying that if I meet up with someone that I don't know and they kill me, that's my fault because I took a risk? What fun is life if you don't take risks?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I've taken risks and met up with people I don't know. And I've met some cool people and made some new friend out of the deal. So are you people saying that if I meet up with someone that I don't know and they kill me, that's my fault because I took a risk? What fun is life if you don't take risks?
    I was just saying that she took the risk, knowing that there are sick people out there who do horrible things. I wasn't saying that it's her fault she's dead for that. But everyone is acting like she's an innocent little girl.
    also, I lied. I'm blaming my kids for making me forget my life before them. I have met people that I didn't know, at least once. I felt like I was going to get raped. luckily my friend was with me, and as soon as the guy was trying to get me to go away from her and "see the rest of his house" she called my phone without anyone seeing and I had a fake conversation with myself making it seem like an emergency so we could leave So I was young and dumb, once.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I was just saying that she took the risk, knowing that there are sick people out there who do horrible things. I wasn't saying that it's her fault she's dead for that. But everyone is acting like she's an innocent little girl.
    also, I lied. I'm blaming my kids for making me forget my life before them. I have met people that I didn't know, at least once. I felt like I was going to get raped. luckily my friend was with me, and as soon as the guy was trying to get me to go away from her and "see the rest of his house" she called my phone without anyone seeing and I had a fake conversation with myself making it seem like an emergency so we could leave So I was young and dumb, once.
    I don't think she's innocent, but I don't think she should be blamed either. I do realize that it is taking a risk...I guess I'm just fearless in that regard. I do usually talk to these people for a couple days before I meet up with them, so maybe that is the difference? I dunno. Also, fuck Tinder.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Thread Information