Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Krapfl (35) committed suicide by jumping from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge

Kelly Krapfl (35) committed suicide by jumping from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014..._Skyway_Bridge

I found this one courtesy of the Skyway Bridge FB page -

So sad. She leaves behind four kids under 9 years old, the youngest being five months old.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-16-2022 at 01:55 PM.

Comment left about Kelly on the Sunshine Bridge 2014 Jumpers page:

02.08.14, k., new port richey, Kelly was a friend of mine and former coworker. She has had a difficult last few months and dealing with a lot both mentally and emotionally. I can only imagine what it took for her to do this. She was a kind, and loving mom. She was amazing at her job. She was loved by many and loved many in return. The world lost a good person that night she decided to end her suffering. She will be missed by many especially her 4 children. Her baby will never know how amazing her mother was. It is tragic and sad. I have been doing a lot of thinking about this, this week. Wondering what all of us missed....unfortunately it is too late to fix it... RIP Kelly. We love you and will always remember your gently and kind ways and wonderful smile. Look down on your children, guide them, wrap your wings around them, and protect them in ways you never could....they will know you are there...never leave their hearts...

http://www.skywaybridge.com/current.htm
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Godspeed, Kelly

I read the skyway bridge jumpers page. Shocking what peeps will do when depressed.
    They even have emergency phones to try and deter from taking the plunge.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    From a post on her FB back in December:

"It's awful to know that something is wrong and nobody believes you".

She had a 4 month old. I'm guessing post partum depression. Poor woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

[Waits for people to be much nicer about this story than that actor who overdosed]

the Sunshine Skyway bridge:

It's 5.6 miles long and 431 feet high, although I think that includes those spire thingys. The center span roadway is about 200 ft. above the water I would guess, or 15-20 stories.

The Sheriff's report says she parked on the center span and jumped at 2:59 am. So she got up in the middle of the night to drive to the bridge and kill herself. I wonder what was going through her mind during the drive, as she drove the 2.8 miles on the bridge, with everything dark and still. I can't imagine walking to the edge of that bridge and jumping, what it would take to actually do that.

I looked up how long it would take to fall from that height--about 5 seconds. What was that like?

She must have been in a lot of pain, to go to such lengths to end her life.

Kelly Micklethwait Krapfl
    January 15
    Kids charged $400 on games on iPhone which they said were free. I defiantly should not of given my password to them.. I am glad apple gave us a one time forgiveness.
    7 people like this.

Katie Lepper Dwyer Thank goodness they didn't make you pay. Those kids would be doing chores and child labor for years;)
    January 16 at 6:43am

Anthony Roscio Your lucky!
    January 16 at 7:54pm ? 1

Jill Jennings Richoux YIKES!!!!
    January 16 at 9:21pm ? 1
    Her last post on FB, 3 weeks before she killed herself.
    I'm thinking PPD, for sure..

She seemed to really love her kids..

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Dang, that's a long ass bridge. Never seen one that long. Been on the Golden Gate a few times, not sure how long that one is, but definitely can't be anywhere near the size of this bridge.

And ugh, she jumped at 3 in the morning? Must have been a dark and lonely drive at that time. Can't imagine many people driving at that time of night. I hate going over bridges. Jumping off anything scares the crap out of me, and I am terrified of being in the middle of nothing but water (why I would never go on a cruise) so jumping via bridge into water is the last thing I would ever do. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    That Skyway Bridge website is depressing. I then came across a post where the owner blames the "lame stream media" for suicides not being reported.

PPD for sure. It could have been much much worse.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Wizard View Post
    [Waits for people to be much nicer about this story than that actor who overdosed]
    Although most people here try to be somewhat sensitive or at least tactful, this ain't Oprah.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Wizard View Post
    what a wretched, uncaring woman to make the decision leave her children behind!

before you jump on me:
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Just playing. I love you all. But.

IF SHE HAD TURNED TO HEROIN SHE COULD HAVE BEEN HERE TODAY!

Seriously -- pretty awful how people can become so depressed they could leave a newborn behind. Mental health is a scary place.

Is it just me, or are there more jumping deaths in the winter? I've recently become fascinated at choosing this particular way out because almost all Golden Gate Bridge survivors regret the decision midair.

As always, I hope this suicide victim is at peace.

It said on her Facebook page that her and her husband were victims of the Target security breech and they lost all their money. I'd be willing to be that played a role in this if she was already suffering from PPD and feeling overwhelmed.

Junior Member skywaybridgedotcom's Avatar
    this jump has received much attention, due to the fact she left behind so many young children. what hell does a mother endure to pull a stunt like that and leave them all motherless?

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    It said on her Facebook page that her and her husband were victims of the Target security breech and they lost all their money. I'd be willing to be that played a role in this if she was already suffering from PPD and feeling overwhelmed.
    Whoa, that's heavy. I've lost everything financially and my home but I was a single person in my mid-20s. Can't fathom being responsible for more than just myself and having that happen ON TOP of mental health issues.

RIP Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    From a post on her FB back in December:

"It's awful to know that something is wrong and nobody believes you".

She had a 4 month old. I'm guessing post partum depression. Poor woman
    I agree. Her children a absolutely gorgeous. I cannot imagine growing up without mum.

My mum taught me how to kill myself at an early age. I have nothing but resentment for her now.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by skywaybridgedotcom View Post
    this jump has received much attention, due to the fact she left behind so many young children. what hell does a mother endure to pull a stunt like that and leave them all motherless?
    Are you associated with this bridge? Just curious because of your screen name...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Junior Member skywaybridgedotcom's Avatar
    i created and run the skywaybridge.com website. while it started in 1998, the understanding of those that jump from the bridge are as much a mystery now as it was then.

Such a beautiful family. So sad for her kids, she must have been truly tormented.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post

Kelly Micklethwait Krapfl
    December 19, 2013
    Target Fraud - we we're hit. Doesn't surprise me with my luck lately.
    this is her FB post about getting hit by the Target credit card breach. she doesn't say how much if any $$ they lost. am I missing something?

oh maybe it was a comment to that I read? I can't look right now but did someone else say "we lost everything too" ?

Edit: Nevermind I looked, it must have been my coworkers friend I was thinking of who posted they "lost everything"

Quote Originally Posted by skywaybridgedotcom View Post
    i created and run the skywaybridge.com website. while it started in 1998, the understanding of those that jump from the bridge are as much a mystery now as it was then.
    Wow, interesting website! I didn't realize some jumpers lived for a few minutes after impact.

In 1980 a ship hit in high winds.... part of it collapsed... 6 cars and a bus went off.

It dropped just over the hump, and people just drove off.

I lived in St Pete and worked in Bradenton that day.... went over it headed to work about 10 minutes before it happened.

Thread Information