Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anna Yocca (31) tried to give herself a coat-hanger abortion at 6 months pregnant- the baby was born at 1.5lbs and will have lifelong disabilities

I know I'm going to get yelled at but where do you even find a wire coat hanger anymore!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paganpat View Post
    I know I'm going to get yelled at but where do you even find a wire coat hanger anymore!
    WTF? She didn't do it with a Betamax. What the fuck are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I think literally every dry cleaner uses them. Where do you live?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I think literally every dry cleaner uses them. Where do you live?
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post

Well now, *that* is some kind of bizarre product placement marketing, eh?
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

man, this story is still so heart breaking. i hope she at least sees a counselor or something to help her cope.

Read my mind ! Lmfao

^^That was meant to reply to BB....not sure what happened.

A Tennessee woman has been charged with three felonies for attempting to induce an abortion at 24 weeks of pregnancy. Since December, 32-year-old Anna Yocca has sat in jail, after being arrested for using a coat hanger to try to terminate her pregnancy in September 2015. Her boyfriend rushed her to the hospital when she started experiencing severe blood loss. There, she delivered a live premature baby. He was adopted by another family and, the prosecution says, may never fully recover from the injuries he sustained in the womb.

Yocca was originally charged with attempted murder; that charge was reduced to aggravated assault in February. Now, prosecutors have succeeded in raising the stakes to three felony charges: aggravated assault with a weapon, attempted procurement of a miscarriage, and attempted criminal abortion. She will stand trial on Nov. 28.

Yocca?s case offers a terrifying glimpse of what a country without adequate abortion protection and access could look like. As women prepare for the inevitable assault on reproductive rights that President-elect Donald Trump and Vice President?elect Mike Pence have promised to wage, those who oppose abortion rights should consider the life-and-death consequences abortion restrictions impose on women. Purvi Patel, the woman who allegedly self-induced an abortion and was charged with ?feticide? in Pence?s Indiana, is another recent example of how women in desperate circumstances will risk personal injury and imprisonment to exercise their right to control of their bodies. If an appeals court hadn?t reversed Patel?s conviction earlier this year, she?d be spending the next two decades in prison.

Cases like these expose the hypocrisy of Republicans who gave full-throated disavowals of Trump?s suggestion that women be punished for getting abortions: Punishing women is the means and the end of restrictive abortion laws. Women are already penalized and shamed for seeking abortions in America. They?re blocked from abortion access by paternalistic state-mandated waiting periods, parental consent laws, limits on when a pregnancy can be terminated, rules that require doctors to lie about the risks of abortion, and pointless regulations that cause clinics to close. The Hyde amendment blocks women on Medicaid from abortion coverage in states that don?t use their own funds, turning poor women into political bargaining chips and imposing a punitive financial barrier on their rights to reproductive freedom.

We don?t know the precise circumstances or personal constraints that led to Yocca?s horrifying ordeal. But it?s no secret that Tennessee makes it particularly difficult to obtain abortion care. Per the Tennessean, there are just seven abortion clinics in the state, none of which perform abortions after 16 weeks of gestation. The Guttmacher Institute reports that, in 2011, 96 percent of Tennessee counties?home to 63 percent of the state?s women?had no abortion clinic, meaning some women would have to travel more than 100 miles to find one. Patients in Tennessee must get state-ordered in-person counseling from the abortion provider, wait 48 hours, then come back for the procedure. Using telemedicine for medication abortion, a vital resource for poor and rural women who can?t swing two trips to a clinic two days apart, is illegal in Tennessee, making it harder for women to access an increasingly popular option for an early abortion.

It?s been proven that, all around the world, improved access to modern contraception lowers abortion rates, but placing restrictions on abortion access does not. Women still get abortions when the procedure is restricted or banned; they?re just more likely to do it themselves, sometimes risking injury or death. In the U.S., internet searches for home abortion methods increase in places with tightening abortion restrictions. When right-wing politicians advocate for draconian anti-abortion laws, they?re rooting for a country where Yocca?s experience is the rule, not the exception.
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor..._abortion.html
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

A Tennessee woman initially accused of attempted murder for unsuccessfully using a coat hanger to try to abort a 24-week-old fetus has been released after spending more than a year in jail, law enforcement officials said Tuesday.
    Anna Yocca, 32, was arrested after the botched abortion attempt in 2015 in a case that led to complaints by pro-abortion activists in a state where no provider offers the procedure after a fetus reaches 16 weeks.
    She pleaded not guilty to a charge of attempted murder of the fetus in 2015. However, in a plea deal with prosecutors, Yocca pleaded guilty on Monday to a lesser charge of attempting to procure a miscarriage, according to the Daily News Journal in Murfreesboro.
    The attempted murder charge was dropped last year but she remained in jail, unable to make her $200,000 bond on lesser charges of assault and attempted criminal abortion.
    Those charges were dropped on Monday as part of the plea deal.
    Yocca was released at about 9pm Monday night, Lisa Marchesoni, spokeswoman for the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office in Murfreesboro, said on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4VY0Tucpv
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Wtf "pro-abortion activists" ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Thread Information