Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: John Hernandez (24) was choked to death outside a Denny's by Terry Thompson (41) whose wife Chauna is a Sherrif's Deputy

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    OOPS-
    I started to post about the tv clip in my previous post. Sorry I screwed it up.

What I wanted to ask is-
    I don't recall seeing this in the tv clip, but did any of the bystanders PHYSICALLY try to STOP him? Wouldn't SOMEONE do SOMETHING besides watch, yell/cry, and video record it? (I'm not talking about the little girl, of course).
    I'd like to think that I'd start pulling that fucker by the hair, or scratch his face, or SOMETHING. Anyway, I hope that's what I'd do if I'm ever a bystander to something like that. WHAT A SENSELESS MURDER.
    In situations like this, it seems everyone are just bystanders and never do anything because it may inconvenience them. People are awful. That is why I like animals way more than fellow human beings.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    In situations like this, it seems everyone are just bystanders and never do anything because it may inconvenience them. People are awful. That is why I like animals way more than fellow human beings.
    I wouldn't wanna do anything cause I don't wanna get fucking murdered.

Kicking a cop ain't a good look. And if I intervened and saved his life, no one would actually know that his life was in danger once they gave their side of the story about how they tried to bring this crazy drunk under control and I jumped in and assaulted them.

Also, way too many racists have infiltrated the police force. Not that that's new.

How long until we find out hubby didn't make the force due to a bad psych eval? And they take some fucking animals, so that's REALLY bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

What Ron said, unfortunately. The minute someone tried to step in (physically), wifey would have had them in a chokehold (or worse!) as well.

Maybe if everyone got together and jumped them as a team . . .

Maybe.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Kicking a cop ain't a good look. And if I intervened and saved his life, no one would actually know that his life was in danger once they gave their side of the story about how they tried to bring this crazy drunk under control and I jumped in and assaulted them.

Also, way too many racists have infiltrated the police force. Not that that's new.

How long until we find out hubby didn't make the force due to a bad psych eval? And they take some fucking animals, so that's REALLY bad.
    This! However, I'm a hothead. I will say something. I may not jump in, but I'll be screaming on the sidelines... Or I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    What Ron said, unfortunately. The minute someone tried to step in (physically), wifey would have had them in a chokehold (or worse!) as well.

Maybe if everyone got together and jumped them as a team . . .

Maybe.
    I would say that's about to happen any day now, but that hasn't really happened yet, and this police overreach/misconduct has been going on forever.

Closest I can think of was the formation of the Black Panthers. Which started almost totally because of police brutality. They're also the reason for the gun laws getting put into place. Niggers being armed was NEVER part of the plan. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    This! However, I'm a hothead. I will say something. I may not jump in, but I'll be screaming on the sidelines... Or I hope.
    The most I would do is try an make sure whoever was filming could continue filming. Cause you can get murder on tape and nothing happens, so without it everything totally gets swept under the rug.

Well that is understandable. I don't think she was on duty or in uniform, though, was she? I guess being super white and never having been spoken to sternly by the police makes my perspective a bit different lol

Did she ever identify herself as a police officer?

I mind my own business. Im not jumping in to help anyone that isn't family. The best I could do is call 911 then keep moving, not even standing around to watch. I remember one day on the A train the man sitting next to me started choking and spitting and foaming at the mouth, he fell towards me and I jumped the fuck up and walked away. People on the train were asking me how could I do that and why didn't I help. I told muthafuckas Im not a dr and I damn sure aint giving him mouth to mouth, he needed a dr not me.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    I mind my own business. Im not jumping in to help anyone that isn't family. The best I could do is call 911 then keep moving, not even standing around to watch. I remember one day on the A train the man sitting next to me started choking and spitting and foaming at the mouth, he fell towards me and I jumped the fuck up and walked away. People on the train were asking me how could I do that and why didn't I help. I told muthafuckas Im not a dr and I damn sure aint giving him mouth to mouth, he needed a dr not me.
    You're a credit to the human race and your actions give me hope in mankind........

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Well that is understandable. I don't think she was on duty or in uniform, though, was she? I guess being super white and never having been spoken to sternly by the police makes my perspective a bit different lol
    At least you admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
    Did she ever identify herself as a police officer?
    I honestly haven't watched. I'm sick of snuff films.

At least you admit it.
    Well, yeah. It is pretty obvious that white people get much different treatment from cops than anyone else. Anyone that thinks otherwise is delusional.

Both my parents are in LE (one retired) and I used to dispatch. Having said that, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with her. That's not ok AT ALL. My Dad would lose his shit if he saw a Deputy assist in that. A 'good' grab like that puts someone unconscious in eight seconds, hanging on for minutes is clearly murder. Not to meantion he was just pissing on a Denny's, who cares? I saw someone pissing on our building while I was out on a smoke break and just finished my cigarette.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tygo View Post
    Both my parents are in LE (one retired) and I used to dispatch. Having said that, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with her. That's not ok AT ALL. My Dad would lose his shit if he saw a Deputy assist in that. A 'good' grab like that puts someone unconscious in eight seconds, hanging on for minutes is clearly murder. Not to meantion he was just pissing on a Denny's, who cares? I saw someone pissing on our building while I was out on a smoke break and just finished my cigarette.
    I agree for most LE this would be outrageous. I seriously can't believe this man was killed for pissing on a Denny's. That's maybe an arrest for public indecency, or public intoxication, not a death sentence. I'm pretty sure if they dig into this Terry's past, they are going to see some roid rage issues or anger management issues.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tygo View Post
    People like this guy are just looking for a reason. That's why. I hope they string them both up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    I agree for most LE this would be outrageous. I seriously can't believe this man was killed for pissing on a Denny's. That's maybe an arrest for public indecency, or public intoxication, not a death sentence. I'm pretty sure if they dig into this Terry's past, they are going to see some roid rage issues or anger management issues.
    Terry Thompson, 41 - who is charged along with his wife, Deputy Chauna Thompson, 45 - had "previously been under the care of a psychiatrist and demonstrated problems controlling his anger and temper," according to court papers filed in a contentious custody battle between the couple in 2000, before they were married
    The couple had a son before they were married and Chauna Thompson expressed concerns about Terry Thompson having unsupervised visits with the child, records show. She asked for him to be evaluated by a psychiatrist to determine whether he was suitable to have access to the child.
    She also said he "routinely used illegal drugs and used alcohol to excess," according to court records.
    The suit was dropped when the couple reconciled and married on Jan. 2, 2001.
    READ ALSO: Family of victim in Denny's choking case files lawsuit
    Other Harris County court records from almost 20 years ago show that Terry Thompson spent five years on probation for burglarizing a car, a felony.
    Asked about Terry Thompson's past on Tuesday, attorney Greg Cagle declined to comment, saying he was focused on the allegations in the Hernandez case.
    If convicted of murder, both Thompsons could face life in prison. They are also being sued for wrongful death by the Hernandez family.
    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...l-11219232.php

AND

That?s where MMA enters this tragic story. The Houston Press reports on the details of a new ?wrongful death lawsuit? filed on Monday, June 12th by Hernandez?s family against Chauna and Terry Thompson. In it, lawyers for the family make the case that evidence of Terry Thompson?s MMA training shows the he should have been ?aware of the deadly nature of certain chokeholds.?The report states that posts on Thompson?s Facebook page (which has since been deactivated) showed evidence of his MMA training. A search for professional and amateur fight records for Terry Thompson don?t show any exact matches for the 41-year-old, but regional amateur and semi-pro records are notoriously under-reported. And a lack of pro or amateur fighting experience wouldn?t preclude claims of Thompson having trained in mixed martial arts.

Lawyers for the family say that they hope the civil case will provide funds for Hernandez?s daughter.
    https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/1...hold-rnc-death

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Good.
    What drives me crazy is how ANYONE thinks this is OK. It's not like they caught him in the middle of assaulting a child. I'm so fucking sick of the "he was breaking the law" people.

Rolling through a stop sign is breaking the law.
    Littering is breaking the law.
    Passing a bad check is breaking the law.

Why would you choke someone TO DEATH over any of those things?!?

This all starts with the southern attitude. People who think it's perfectly fine to shoot someone in the fucking back if they're running away with your iPad. They think any little infraction is literally worthy of summary execution.

It's sadistic and disgusting. And the older I get, the sicker Americans seem. I want off this rock. I have a friend moving to Japan in a few years, and he's got the right idea. This place fucking blows.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/.../285-566293409

Update apparently in the article the chokehold is apparently a class C Misdemeanor in Texas according to this article but the victim in dead.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/.../285-566293409

Update apparently in the article the chokehold is apparently a class C Misdemeanor in Texas according to this article but the victim in dead.
    That's like saying running a stop sign is only a ticketable offense, therefore if you get drunk and run a stop sign and kill someone you should only get a ticket. Puleeeezze.

This is plain as day murder. Dude wanted to be Billy Badass and got revved up and couldn't control his temper. Add to that some probable racism and belief that he could do anything he wanted because his wife was a deputy, and you have a recipe for murder.

I really hope they hold him accountable in this case, and don't let him off...but I am not overly optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    That's like saying running a stop sign is only a ticketable offense, therefore if you get drunk and run a stop sign and kill someone you should only get a ticket. Puleeeezze.

This is plain as day murder. Dude wanted to be Billy Badass and got revved up and couldn't control his temper. Add to that some probable racism and belief that he could do anything he wanted because his wife was a deputy, and you have a recipe for murder.

I really hope they hold him accountable in this case, and don't let him off...but I am not overly optimistic.

Shit in some of the articles I seen of Terry Thompson he had a shit load of Robbery allegations and Anger issue allegations against him prior to this murder. But somehow I remember in one of the articles Terry Thompson somehow managed to blame the dead victim.(Yes Usually blame the victim is associated with rape cases but I'm using this phrase in a murder case) by accusing the victim of public unrination and intoxication. Who knows if that's really true but that got overshadowed by Terry Thompson insanity in the Chokehold.

Wait there is supposed to be a civil trial that Hernandez family has filed on Thompson over this act of brutality/execution by civilian. Damn its insane that the law says its only a misdemeanor though Class C. But this is straight up first degree murder.

http://abc13.com/jurors-prepare-for-...trial/3630701/

Update Jury Deliberations are underway for the Terry Thompson Murder Trial.

I'm on line and needles!

http://abc13.com/judge-declares-mist...trial/3643264/

Update

--
    After more than 29 hours of deliberations, jurors were unable to present a verdict in the Terry Thompson murder trial.

On Saturday evening, state District Judge Kelli Johnson declared a mistrial less than an hour after reading jurors an Allen charge before they returned to the jury room.

An Allen charge is used to push a deadlocked jury to make another effort to reach a verdict.

Terry Thompson, the man accused of killing John Hernandez outside Denny's, faces a possible life imprisonment.

The jury made up of five women, seven men and one male alternate began deliberations in the murder trial began Thursday afternoon.

Thompson is charged with murder after he got into a confrontation with Hernandez last year, holding him a chokehold.

Jurors had four options to consider.

Before deliberations began, the jury saw the now infamous cell phone video of the fight between Thompson and Hernandez outside of the Denny's last May.

It was during that fight that Thompson placed Hernandez in a chokehold. Hernandez would pass out and later died from his injuries.

During closing arguments Thursday, the prosecution and the defense presented two very different sides of why the confrontation led to the death of Hernandez.

"Mr. Hernandez walks 46 feet, comes to Mr. Thompson and goes 'whack,' that's what he does," defense attorney Scot Courtney said.

"This is not a fight. This is not a fight. This is an assault that's being afflicted upon a man who is on the ground," prosecutor Patrick Stayton said.

The jury had four options when deciding this case. They range from finding Thompson not guilty, guilty of murder, guilty of manslaughter or guilty of negligent homicide.

A murder conviction could mean life in prison. A conviction on manslaughter could mean 20 years in prison, and the negligent homicide charge carries 10 years of prison time.

Meantime, Terry's wife, former Harris County Sheriff's deputy Chauna Thompson, awaits her trial date in October. At least one legal expert says the outcome of Terry's trial will have a deep effect on what happens in his wife's trial.

Thread Information