Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Harley Dilly (14) was found dead in the wall of an abandoned house after cliimbing down the chimney and getting stuck

Was just re-reading the interview with the chimney expert, and I forgot he said the chimney would narrow at the flue, and Harley would be stuck there. So the flue probably would've been by his feet/legs.

https://www.wtol.com/article/news/lo...5-ae117d12c18e
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

They released the initial missing persons report: https://fox8.com/2020/01/21/initial-...disappearance/

Sounds like maybe he went in the chimney Friday evening instead of Friday morning. He couldn't go to James' house, which is where he usually spent the night when he was mad at his parents, because James was st the Cavs game.

PORT CLINTON, Ohio (WJW) -- Port Clinton police have released the police report made regarding when Harley Dilly went missing, and it includes new details about his life and what led to his disappearance.

The report was made on Dec. 21 at just before midnight by his father, Marcus Dilly, at the police department.

According to the report, Marcus Dilly said Harley was "mad because he had broken his phone and demanded that they get him a new one." He said Harley was told he would have to earn it.

Marcus Dilly said there were other incidents where Harley wouldn't come home from school on a Friday and didn't return until a Saturday morning. He said he never filed reports in those instances. He said he wanted to file a report in this situation because Harley had been gone too long and normally returned in the mornings. He said nothing happened to make him think Harley was in danger, and that he didn't have a history of being suicidal.

Marcus Dilly did say Harley had ADHD and autism and was high functioning and very smart. He said he was a "baby when it comes to being cold" and that he would know enough to get out of the elements.

Police then followed up with several of Harley's friends and acquaintances to determine who had seen him and when.

A father of one of the friends said Harley and another boy was with his son Thursday after school when Harley was heading home.

Harley's mother, Heather Dilly, said the last time she saw her son was Friday morning "when he was trying to get out of going to school and stated he didn't feel good." She said she told him to get his {expletive} to school "and as far as she knew he had left and went to school."

After the interviews, police then issued a BOLO for Harley. His disappearance led to a nationwide search with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

The 14-year-old was found dead inside the chimney of a home across the street from his family's house the night of Monday, Jan. 13. Port Clinton Police called his death an accident. The Ottawa County Coroner's Office said Dilly died of asphyxiation.

"It appears that Harley climbed an antenna tower to the roof and entered the chimney," Police Chief Robert Hickman previously said. "Once in the chimney, Harley's jacket and glasses were pushed from the chimney through a flue and into the second floor of the house. The chimney was blocked between the second and first floor which trapped Harley. The chimney is approximately 9 inches by 13 inches in size."

The house was unoccupied and used as a vacation home.

Police do not believe foul play was involved.

Port Clinton police said they are waiting on other reports from multiple agencies involved in the search.

PDF of the full report: https://localtvwjw.files.wordpress.c...1/2966_001.pdf
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I wonder where he was all day Friday then?

I guess he was trying to get into the abandoned house to sleep for the night?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I wonder where he was all day Friday then?

I just discovered that the boy who says he saw Harley on Friday afternoon later told LE that he was mistaken and actually saw him Thursday. The police chief had already clarified that during one of his press conferences. So I guess nobody saw him after he left home Friday morning. Sorry! So much confusing info!

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...-disappearance

It?s all good. This shit is confusing.

I cannot believe him not coming home was somewhat normal for the family. Not to power level but my mom wasn?t strict at all and before I had a cell she would page me and always had to know where I was staying overnight. Harley seems immature for his age how could they not worry?

Ugh it?s not their fault Harley is gone. It?s a tragic accident. I made a ton at his age but lived through them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    The home doesn't have fireplaces. The chimney was a vent for a gas/coal/wood-burning stove. There is an 8-inch diameter flue opening in the wall on the second floor ... the kind you might attach a stove pipe to.

The chimney was blocked off between the first and second floors at some point. So he got stuck on the second floor and pushed his coat and glasses out through that hole, possibly hoping someone would see them and find him. They were found on the floor just beneath the flue.

Police did check the exterior of the house, but it was locked up tight, no signs of forced entry, and they couldn't see what was on the second floor. No one had been inside the house since November.

No one is sure at this point if he took his jacket off because it was bulky and tossed it in ahead of himself, or if he entered the chimney with his hands above his head and was able too wriggle out of it while in the chimney ... or whatever.
    Thanks for the info, TH!!!

That makes much more sense to me now.

Poor kid.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

So I saw a video on the preliminary autopsy report and it said he didn?t have dirt in his lungs. How is that possible is dirt was on his face and body?

So I saw a video on the preliminary autopsy report and it said he didn?t have dirt in his lungs. How is that possible is dirt was on his face and body?

I'm sure the 150-year-old chimney is grimy and dirty, but it was previously used for a gas stove (according to the homeowner), which would produce minimal soot. I don't think there would be a lot of fine particles floating in the air that would get in his lungs. If the chimney had been used for a wood-burning or coal-burning stove, it would likely be far more sooty and filthy.

Also he had cerebral edema, so did he hit his head on the way down and no draw breath?

Also he had cerebral edema, so did he hit his head on the way down and no draw breath?
    Nvm you answered the breathing question for me.

He was in the fetal position, so I?m guessing he went down feet first.

Cerebral edema is a natural result of asphyxia. It could also be a result of him going in head-first ... like KJ. Still not sure about all that, though.

Is his funeral today? I read people were ?protesting? there. Dumbasses.

Petition hopes to create 'Harley's Law,' requiring parents to report missing children in timely manner

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...-timely-manner

PORT CLINTON, Ohio — A petition has been created in hopes that a law will be created to prevent situations similar to the disappearance of Port Clinton teen Harley Dilly, which ended tragically last week.

The body of 14-year-old Harley Dilly was found in the chimney of an unoccupied home near the Dilly residence on Jan. 14 after weeks of searching over 150 acres in Port Clinton, police said at a news conference.

The Lucas County coroner ruled Harley's cause of death as compressive asphyxia. Compressive asphyxia is when respiration is prevented by external pressure on the body. Authorities said his death appeared to be accidental.

The coroner said Harley most likely died the day he went missing.

Harley was not reported missing for two days after he was last seen leaving for school and members of the community are trying to change the standard for when children are reported missing.

A petition created on Change.org is calling for a law to be created that would legally require parents to report missing children in a timely manner.

The proposed law would be called “Harley’s Law,” according to the petition.

Creators of the petition plan to send it to the Ohio State House, the Ohio State Senate and Ohio Governor Mike DeWine.

https://www.wtol.com/article/news/in...3-848c171a8372

Final report on the recovery of Harley Dilly. The article includes photographs of the scene. I can't c/p today for some reason.
    It just breaks my heart to think of the fear and desperation Harley must have felt before he died.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This is such a sad story. So he knew he was fucked and tried to take off his clothing to alleviate some of the pressure on his body. He must have been so terrified. I can't even imagine
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information