Thread: Fun Time Breastfeeding Pic on Time Magazine Stirs Debate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I work mostly with men, and at the end of the day yesterday, someone brought this up, but he was really hesitant to show me what they were all talking about because he was worried showing me the picture might make me feel harassed, which tells you something right there.

All of them were like, women who do this are trying to maintain total control of their kids and deny them autonomy. Which is my perspective as well. I feel similarly about women who want co-sleeping to continue nightly. To me, that says you're trying to block intimacy in your marriage, and you're using your kid to validate that.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I work mostly with men, and at the end of the day yesterday, someone brought this up, but he was really hesitant to show me what they were all talking about because he was worried showing me the picture might make me feel harassed, which tells you something right there.

All of them were like, women who do this are trying to maintain total control of their kids and deny them autonomy. Which is my perspective as well. I feel similarly about women who want co-sleeping to continue nightly. To me, that says you're trying to block intimacy in your marriage, and you're using your kid to validate that.
    Really? That's so strange. Adrien and I have sex 3 times a week, at least. More than both of my friends that have children that sleep independently. You just need to be creative time wise and make sure that you set time aside for it.
    For me it's about what each child has needed. Millie was independent from the start. She needed her space to sleep and never needed much more than a couple cuddles and to be held during the day.
    I am seriously eating my words right now because I always said I would never nurse Avi past one, and that it was weird and awkward, and then I got there and it wasn't. He sees a behavior therapist once a week and will see an occupational therapist starting next week for some minor sensory issues that he is working through. Nursing has given him immense comfort and has allowed him to feel secure enough to let me leave him with my mil or with Adrien, I'm so glad that I didn't stop at some arbitrary point set by myself before actually nursing for an extended amount of time.

Thread Information