Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hailey Burns (16) missing/abducted - 23 May 2016

Hailey Burns (16) missing/abducted - 23 May 2016

Family fears missing NC teen ran off with older man she met online.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) ? Drive into Anthony Burns? Ballantyne neighborhood and you?ll see pictures of his daughter posted everywhere. Sixteen-year old Hailey Burns has been missing since Sunday.
    ?I don?t think she realizes how much she?s loved, but there?s a lot of people out here who really want her home,? Burns said.
    Burns says his daughter vanished from her bedroom.
    ?My wife opened the door and she was not there.You can?t understand how it feels until you you?re in it,? Burns said.
    Her father said Hailey left a diary behind that detailed a plan to run away with a 32-year-old man she met online.
    ?He gradually wormed his way into her good graces, he coerced her into listening to him and not following our directions and the next thing I knew my daughter wasn?t communicating with me,? he said.
    Burns said Hailey has Asperger Syndrome, and he admits they?ve had behavioral issues with her before. But he said his family did everything to make sure this wouldn?t happen ? but it did.
    ?We had tried to eliminate all social media from our home. Telephones, computers? and she still found ways around it. She would use friends? smart phones or the school library computer,? Burns said.
    Charlotte-Mecklenburg police told WBTV they are investigating, but Burns said they don?t have any real leads on the man he believes took his daughter.
    ?He might not be 32, he may be 55 and running a human trafficking organization, there?s no telling. You don?t know who you?re talking to online. It?s not safe,? Burns said.
    All Burns wants is his child back. But he also hopes others can learn from his family?s sheer desperation.
    ?If you?re not vigilant, you?re going to wake up one day and your child is going to be gone and you?re going to be sitting here on a camera pleading with them to contact you,? Burns said.
    If you know anything about Hailey?s disappearance, call Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police immediately at (704) 336-7600.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    She has been missing since 5/23/16 ~ maybe one of the Mods can add that to the title of this thread?

Here is her missing poster.

13316890_1360465773973753_4002227715199555873_o.jpg

The latest news article on Hailey, from June 16th.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/fbi-s...teen/246026458

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The FBI is posting a missing Ballantyne girl?s picture nationwide in the hope someone will have information that will help locate her.

Hailey Elizabeth Burns, 16, vanished after walking out of her home on Baldwin Hill Drive in Ballantyne on May 23.

Her mother had checked all the doors the night before and they were all locked, but when the family went to wake her for school the following morning, she was gone and the front door was wide open.

Now, nearly a month later, her father, Tony Burns, recalled the moment he found his daughter gone.

?It was the worst feeling you could ever imagine. You feel completely out of control. You don?t know what to do. You just panic,? Tony said.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police began their investigation and were joined later by the FBI.

FBI spokesperson Shelley Lynch said Thursday afternoon, ?Anytime you are talking about a missing child, there is reason to be concerned, even if the child walks out on their own. She is still 16-years-old and can?t make decisions like an adult.?

Her family says they tried to limit their daughter?s use of computers after discovering she had been talking to strangers online.

They said she did not even have a cellphone, but still they believe she was able to communicate with someone and left to meet that person.

Her father says they tried everything to keep her away from social media.

?We notified the school. We notified her therapist. We had everyone that was helping her, yet she still found ways to get around it,? her father said.

Hailey, her family said, also has Asperger's Syndrome and left home without her medication.

The FBI spokesperson said that was, ?Another reason why we want to bring in the assistance of the public and add that missing child poster to FBI.gov which has 7 million hits a month.?

The family says Hillary?s disappearance has caused a ?hollowness? for the family that won?t be filled until she is found.

Anyone with information concerning the whereabouts of Burns should contact the FBI's Charlotte Field Office at (704) 672-6100, or the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Crime Stoppers tip line at (704)334-1600.
    It's quite telling and scary that she had a journal detailing the relationship with this man and how easily she followed whatever he said. With her having Asperger's (depending on how it effects her) I can't see this turning out well. My friends daughter has it and certain things send her into absolute freekouts. Though I know it is different for each person. I wonder if they will now start collecting friends cell phones and computers.
    Last edited by Deviant Toaster; 06-20-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    It is worrisome for sure. I really feel for her parents, as it sounds like they tried their best to limit her ability to communicate with the man.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Ugh. Poor girl didn't realize how dangerous it is out here, and she's old enough to really want to get out into the world and "experience it". I hold out hope that she will be found and be okay, but it has been a very long time for someone who has several medical needs.

Ugh. Hailey, go home! Call your family. Do something...anything you can to get home.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

HI MY NAME IS MICHAEL RAMSEY I AM HALEIGH'S BEST FRIEND WE WENT EVERY WHERE TOGETHER AT MYERS PARK WE WALKED EACH OTHER TO ALL OF OUR CLASSES I HELPED HER OUT ALOT SHE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS GUY AND I STARTED TO CONVINCE HER NOT TO LISTEN TO HIM THAT IF

[QUOTE=Kelly-Jane;3693684]Family fears missing NC teen ran off with older man she met online.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) ? Drive into Anthony Burns? Ballantyne neighborhood and you?ll see pictures of his daughter posted everywhere. Sixteen-year old Hailey Burns has been missing since Sunday.
    ?I don?t think she realizes how much she?s loved, but there?s a lot of people out here who really want her home,? Burns said.
    Burns says his daughter vanished from her bedroom.
    ?My wife opened the door and she was not there.You can?t understand how it feels until you you?re in it,? Burns said.
    Her father said Hailey left a diary behind that detailed a plan to run away with a 32-year-old man she met online.
    ?He gradually wormed his way into her good graces, he coerced her into listening to him and not following our directions and the next thing I knew my daughter wasn?t communicating with me,? he said.
    Burns said Hailey has Asperger Syndrome, and he admits they?ve had behavioral issues with her before. But he said his family did everything to make sure this wouldn?t happen ? but it did.
    ?We had tried to eliminate all social media from our home. Telephones, computers? and she still found ways around it. She would use friends? smart phones or the school library computer,? Burns said.
    Charlotte-Mecklenburg police told WBTV they are investigating, but Burns said they don?t have any real leads on the man he believes took his daughter.
    ?He might not be 32, he may be 55 and running a human trafficking organization, there?s no telling. You don?t know who you?re talking to online. It?s not safe,? Burns said.
    All Burns wants is his child back. But he also hopes others can learn from his family?s sheer desperation.
    ?If you?re not vigilant, you?re going to wake up one day and your child is going to be gone and you?re going to be sitting here on a camera pleading with them to contact you,? Burns said.
    If you know anything about Hailey?s disappearance, call Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police immediately at (704) 336-7600.[/QUOT MY NAME IS MICHAEL RAMSEY I AM HALEIGH'S BEST FRIEND WE WENT EVERY WHERE TOGETHER AT MYERS PARK WE WALKED EACH OTHER TO ALL OF OUR CLASSES I HELPED HER OUT ALOT SHE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS GUY AND I STARTED TO CONVINCE HER NOT TO LISTEN TO HIM THAT IF SHE EVR NEEDED SOMEONE TO TALK TO IT WOULD BE ME SO SHE WOULD COME TO ME WITH ALL HER PROBLEMS I CONVINCED HER NOT TO TALK TO THAT GUY ANY MORE BUT THEN THE LAST DAY I SAW HER SHE WANTED ME TO WALK HER TO CLASS BUT I WAS EXTREMLY BUSY SHE WAS BEGGING ME TO WALK HER TO CLASS SHE SEEMED SCARED BUT I DID NOT PAY ATTENTION TO HET I TOLD HER TO LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE AND I FEEL SO BAD CAUSE I THINK THAT WAS WAT LET HER THINK THAT NOBODY CARED FOR HER I FEEL SO BAD I ASKED HER OUT A COUPLE OF TIMES BUT I THINK I KNOW WHERE SHE MIGHT BE I NEED TO TALK TO HER DAD MY EMAIL IS 351685@rcsnc.org please someone contact me asap so i can give yall information please
    Last edited by Olivia; 03-09-2017 at 04:57 PM.

hi my name is michael ramsey i am haleigh's best friend i walked her to all her classes we were inseperable we went everywhere together at myers park i started to convince her to stop talking to this older guy online and talk to me that i would be there for her all the time so she started to listen to me and stoped talking to that guy for a while she always came to me to talk about her problems and i listened but one day i was really upset and i was in the library and she seemed scared and she was begging me to walk her to class but i got so upset i told her to leave me the hell alone and f off and she said fine then i feel so bad because i had a crush on her and i saw that she was going through alot i may have info on her whereabouts so please anyone from her family please contact me asap at 351685@student.rcsnc.org thanks

please someone from her family contact me i might have info on her she is my best friend contact me at 351685@student.rcsnc.org

vvv

can someone from her family please contact me at 35165@student.rcsnc.org me and her are best friends at myers park we were inseperable i started to convince her to stop talking to that guy and she did she started coming to me with her issues because she said her family did not listen to her that i was the only true friend she had i convinced her to stop talking to older guys we walked everywhere together but one day i was sick and not feeling good cause i had a test i was in the library and she came in begging me to walk with her to her next class she seemed so scared i told her i could not cause i had to get it done she was very protective over me to she made sure i was always in class if i tried to skip she would drag me to class but that day i told her to leave me the hell alone and f off then she said fine i guess no one relly dont care about me and i feel so bad cause that was the last time i saw her i feel so bad i migh some information so please someone from her family please contact me asap at 351685@student.rcsnc.org please get to me asap

hhhh

please some one contact me at 351685@student.rcsnc.org i might have some info on haleigh please

hi

please

Um, what?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelramsey View Post
    please some one contact me at 351685@student.rcsnc.org i might have some info on haleigh please
    How about you call the police as requested in the missing poster/photo?

I'm not altogether confident that micahaelramsey will find that link Olivia posted with the FBI info

So just in case he's for real & not trolling

MICHAEL, WE HAVE NO WAY OF CONTACTING HER FAMILY.

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE YOU NEED TO TALK TO ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION>>>>

Submit a Tip:
    Anyone with information concerning the whereabouts of Hailey Elizabeth Burns should contact the FBI's Charlotte Field Office at (704) 672-6100, or the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Crime Stoppers tip line at (704)334-1600. You may also contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/ha...lizabeth-burns

i have no wa of contacting the police through phone the only means i have of contact with anyone is this website and my email and yes i am for real no body ever tell me i am not for real again i risked my life and my freedom to find her i was in a group home and i ran away to find her hen when the police found me i got send to a level 4 lock down place because i ran away to find her now i am out and back in a group home i cant call the group home wont let me use the phone so ya i need someone to email me i know her family has email i need to get in contact with them this is my bestie we are talking about here and when i find this guy i will kill him i dont careabout jail i will kill him

You can post on an internet forum, but can't contact police?

Wat.

yes because the only reason i can get on here is because i have internet access through while i am in school but i have no access to a phone or any other thing like i said internet and email is the only way i an contact people i need it that is wat i ment i would contact the police if i could that is why i posted my email on any website about haleigh hoping that one of her family members will see my email and contact me

If you're at school, you have access to a higher up. Go to the office and have them call the police for you. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    If you're at school, you have access to a higher up. Go to the office and have them call the police for you. Simple.
    you know i never really thought about that thanks i am sooo stupid i can just go to the resource officer

Is there any more information you can give me? Can you PM me privately? I don't know wether this site has that feature or not.
    How exactly did you know Hailey? What details do you remember that might be relevant?

Michael, what stuffed animal did Hailey used to bring to school with her sometimes?

Thread Information