Thread: This Thread Sucks: A Thread For People Who Hate The Jodi Thread(s)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    I already explained this on the main thread.
    Why was there not one word in SuperJuan's closing, (either one) about how the gunshot HAD to be last because Dr. Horne said the frontal lobe injury would have been 'immediately incapacitating'? The only evidence he offered for the gunshot being last was the shell casing being on top of the blood, despite going full bore with the frontal lobe/immediate incapacitation line right up until it was noted by Dr. Geffner on the stand that the ME's report clearly stated the dura was intact. The very next witness was the fabulous Dr. Horne who was asked by a juror how the bullet could have gotten to the frontal lobe without piercing the dura, and we got the "Oh, um, I guess it must have been a typo" farce.

The next day was closing statements, and a deafening silence on the subject of the frontal lobe. Why would Martinez not use it if it was valid? Give me one reason, please. The reason is this: Dr. Horne, the Prosecutor and the jury all knew there was no frontal lobe injury. SuperJuan fucked up.

Medical Examiner Doubt

Things don't line up between Flores, Martinez, and Horne. There was an obvious lack of consensus or an about face in their death scenario. At one point they were claiming gunshot first, now they are claiming gunshot last.

Why would the prosecution change their interpretation of the evidence? As a juror, that makes me doubt the certainty and objectivity of their findings.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Why was there not one word in SuperJuan's closing, (either one) about how the gunshot HAD to be last because Dr. Horne said the frontal lobe injury would have been 'immediately incapacitating'? The only evidence he offered for the gunshot being last was the shell casing being on top of the blood, despite going full bore with the frontal lobe/immediate incapacitation line right up until it was noted by Dr. Geffner on the stand that the ME's report clearly stated the dura was intact. The very next witness was the fabulous Dr. Horne who was asked by a juror how the bullet could have gotten to the frontal lobe without piercing the dura, and we got the "Oh, um, I guess it must have been a typo" farce.

The next day was closing statements, and a deafening silence on the subject of the frontal lobe. Why would Martinez not use it if it was valid? Give me one reason, please. The reason is this: Dr. Horne, the Prosecutor and the jury all knew there was no frontal lobe injury. SuperJuan fucked up.
    Nothing, I repeat, nothing I can say (and I have said quite a bit about this) will open your mind to an alternative to what you've decided. So I wont bother to answer the question you answered yourself.

Nothing, I repeat, nothing I can say (and I have said quite a bit about this) will open your mind to an alternative to what you've decided. So I wont bother to answer the question you answered yourself.
    It's not about what I've decided. The question is, why did Martinez decide to abandon the frontal lobe injury in his closing?
    I await your answer.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    It's not about what I've decided. The question is, why did Martinez decide to abandon the frontal lobe injury in his closing?
    I await your answer.
    Why did Nurmi? He didn't go there either. They hung their whole case on typo and it but them in the ass.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Why did Nurmi? He didn't go there either. They hung their whole case on typo and it but them in the ass.
    I don't understand your question. The defense story is gunshot first. The prosecution's is gunshot last. Nurmi didn't need to 'go there'. It was the prosecution's position that was undermined by the Horne debacle. Juan's ass is the one that got bit.

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    "but them in the ass"Coconut is gonna have a field day with that one

Quote Originally Posted by loonywop View Post
    "but them in the ass"Coconut is gonna have a field day with that one
    Yes, & why isn't he here in his anti-thread responding to queries & chortling about buttsecs?
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-07-2013 at 11:42 PM. Reason: missin a HE

I await your answer.
    Well, crickets, you have decided. And you have based your decision on an evidentiary hearing (in 2009) which didn't include the ME, his testimony and the report that had typo which didn't change the manner of death or the data from the head injury. Why did Martinez not include the head injury in his closing? How the hell do I know, but I guess you do.

Well, crickets, you have decided. And you have based your decision on an evidentiary hearing (in 2009) which didn't include the ME, his testimony and the report that had typo which didn't change the manner of death or the data from the head injury. Why did Martinez not include the head injury in his closing? How the hell do I know, but I guess you do.
    There is a legal term, Res Ipsa Loquitur. I'm sure you've heard of it. It's Latin for 'the thing speaks for itself.' The fact that Mr. Martinez abandoned the frontal lobe injury issue in support of the gunshot being last in his closing speaks for itself. I'm only pointing it out.

There is a legal term, Res Ipsa Loquitur. I'm sure you've heard of it. It's Latin for 'the thing speaks for itself.' The fact that Mr. Martinez abandoned the frontal lobe injury issue in support of the gunshot being last in his closing speaks for itself. I'm only pointing it out.
    It's about deductive reasoning, crickets. Its about scientific method.

This is the best example in all the JA threads of answers that work both ways! It's a completely interchangeable sentence. It didn't matter which of you said it, you're polar opposites on this topic, but it would've been 100% right from either of you. (Sorry guys, it made me laugh)

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    This is the best example in all the JA threads of answers that work both ways! It's a completely interchangeable sentence. It didn't matter which of you said it, you're polar opposites on this topic, but it would've been 100% right from either of you. (Sorry guys, it made me laugh)
    Oh, blighted star, the trial is over. The only person who knows what really happened is Jodi Arias, not you, not me, not crickets. Only Jodi knows for sure. Crickets and you are entitled to your opinion, and like I said, I don't care to change crickets. It's not that serious.

It's up to the jury now. All we have to do is wait and see how this goes.

Freaking double post!
    Last edited by Metis212; 05-07-2013 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Its so true.

I think he did address the issue. He scoffed at the idea that Travis would be shot in the head, getting stabbed, and then make it to his feet to be able to stand at the sink. The combination of the stabbing and shooting would have weakened him considerably.

By the way, you are still absolutely incorrect with regards to the ME report. He did make a typo, but the rest of his report clearly states what happened. The only thing he couldn't tell was the exact trajectory through the brain. But just because he couldn't determine the exact route doesn't mean that the bullet didn't go through the brain. IT HAD to go through the brain to get to where it was going.

Sorry, coconut, but it had to be said.

Thread Information