Page 33 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre in Newtown, Connecticut

Nah Ron, I didn't know the numbers of people with guns. I was saying to Glass that there is no way that you would ever be swayed on this topic.

Also, glasshat.......Im a fuckin' redneck and Im not in anyway shape or form irresponsible with my guns.

Also I agree with what Puzz said and Kraze made an excellent point with her post. Krazes post about people with self harm issues and precautions is EXACTLY what happened in my home during those really tough times this year. I had absolutely NO ACCESS to ANY firearms! NONE! It was a big damn deal in my house and Im thankful my husband took the precautions he did.

http://www.sbsun.com/ci_22200152#ixzz2FBDvgtOS
    Article about teacher Anne Marie Murphy

http://m.guardiannews.com/world/2012...ist-sandy-hook
    Article about school psychologist.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Nah Ron, I didn't know the numbers of people with guns. I was saying to Glass that there is no way that you would ever be swayed on this topic.

Also, glasshat.......Im a fuckin' redneck and Im not in anyway shape or form irresponsible with my guns.

Also I agree with what Puzz said and Kraze made an excellent point with her post. Krazes post about people with self harm issues and precautions is EXACTLY what happened in my home during those really tough times this year. I had absolutely NO ACCESS to ANY firearms! NONE! It was a big damn deal in my house and Im thankful my husband took the precautions he did.
    Be the "fuckin redneck" all you want. I never said you were irresponsible with your guns. In fact, I didn't mention you. If you wear the label of gun toting redneck proudly, so be it. I choose not to be stero-typed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Black dudes have tons of kids they don't take care of.
    Troooof.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassHat View Post
    Be the "fuckin redneck" all you want. I never said you were irresponsible with your guns. In fact, I didn't mention you. If you wear the label of gun toting redneck proudly, so be it. I choose not to be stero-typed.
    You stereotyped rednecks as basically being reckless.

I know a lot of people actually that are redneck and are wayyy more responsile with their guns because they grew up with them. And by redneck, im not saying we live in trailer parks with ghetto rigs and billy bob running around without a diaper.

As far as having that label.....well, I have a lot of toys and expensive shit and no one would dare break into my house.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Yea, there's a bunch of people out there that couldn't care less about guns...until we hear about a shooting on the news, then we wanna snap our fingers and make them all disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

i was thinking, that maybe, in a world that was actually headed in the right direction... that the families of those killed, would rally together and go to washington to rally for federal gun laws - and actually succeed.

You stereotyped rednecks as basically being reckless.

I know a lot of people actually that are redneck and are wayyy more responsile with their guns because they grew up with them. And by redneck, im not saying we live in trailer parks with ghetto rigs and billy bob running around without a diaper.

As far as having that label.....well, I have a lot of toys and expensive shit and no one would dare break into my house.
    Uhh, no. Nothing about what I said implies recklessness. Here's what I said:

"I don't want to be stero-typed with the typical redneck that chews tobacco and shoots possums for sport"

Reckless, you say?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    i was thinking, that maybe, in a world that was actually headed in the right direction... that the families of those killed, would rally together and go to washington to rally for federal gun laws - and actually succeed.
    You would think but too many people are dead set on being pistol packers and people like my FIL who say hell no, they wont give up their guns.

If the president says he wants them gone, I will gladly let mine go. My husband and FIL, no. And guess what? I wouldnt allow it in my house so I guess they will have to go live with each other somewhere else.

"I don't want to be stero-typed with the typical redneck that chews tobacco and shoots possums for sport"

Reckless, you say?
    Oh excuse me, my wording was incorrect. :eyeroll:

Just ignore what I have to say because for one, Im bitchy today and two, Im bitchy today.

i haven't been able to watch the news - have they said anything about why yet?? the keep teasing that they know the connection earlier??

and i hope there is a passionate debate like this about mental illness and treating it as well as gun control

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    i haven't been able to watch the news - have they said anything about why yet?? the keep teasing that they know the connection earlier??

I stopped watching it part way through the day. I can't handle seeing the pics of the victims.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    They are still saying there is a lot of evidence that points to a motive, but still have not said what it means.

ty!

darn i still can't mutli quote - ty both

You would think but too many people are dead set on being pistol packers and people like my FIL who say hell no, they wont give up their guns.

If the president says he wants them gone, I will gladly let mine go. My husband and FIL, no. And guess what? I wouldnt allow it in my house so I guess they will have to go live with each other somewhere else.
    im not saying to give it up - but make federal regulations, universal throughout the united states.

It happens. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_H...Prevention_Act

And: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolyn_McCarthy

Reckless, you say?
    Great. The gun owners are fighting. Everyone hit the deck.

im not saying to give it up - but make federal regulations, universal throughout the united states.
    The only reason it really angers me, is that because of all the gun nuts and thugs, when cops stop me they have probable cause to shoot cause I "may have a weapon" even though I've never held a gun in my life. It's not fucking fair.

It happens. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_H...Prevention_Act

And: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolyn_McCarthy

She'd win, dude. She has an arsenal, I have two handguns. All the shotguns and rifles left when I packed my ex-husbands shit. Plus she's probably bigger than me too.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

um anyone hear that there was another shooting this morning in Birmingham, Alabama?
    http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/12/...gunman_ac.html

no one was killed, but three people shot and then the gunman was shot to death by the cops.

ETA: this time it was a hospital - METAL DETECTORS IN HOSPITALS!!!!

She'd win, dude. She has an arsenal, I have two handguns. All the shotguns and rifles left when I packed my ex-husbands shit. Plus she's probably bigger than me too.
    Can't really fire more than 2 at a time. And that's pretty impractical from what I'm told. This is real life.

um anyone hear that there was another shooting this morning in Birmingham, Alabama?
    http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/12/...gunman_ac.html

no one was killed, but three people shot and then the gunman was shot to death by the cops.

ETA: this time it was a hospital - METAL DETECTORS IN HOSPITALS!!!!
    WE NEED MORE GUNS!

i've been keeping up with the thread more than the news. i don't wanna turn on my tv.

i've been thinking a lot about the gun debate and i see where making the licensing of a gun more in line with that of a car. i see some flaws there though, if your license or tags are expired you have to be actively breaking the law to get caught. there would have to be follow up in order for that to work for guns. that would be expensive. states should pay for it not the feds, imo.

maybe in addition to making it harder for people to buy guns we also make it harder for people to sell guns. who knows what kind of nut jobs are out there with a license to sell. i'm sure a lot of the shops are lax. i've never purchased a gun. i've seen the paper work to buy one, but never knew of anyone having any mental health eval. i know my cousin didn't have one or they never would have sold him a handgun. reminds me of 'bowling for columbine' when he opens up a bank account and gets a free gun.

i could have quoted a million posts. glasshat said something a few pages back. just because you don't fit into a political mold doesn't mean you shouldn't be running for office. it probably means you should be, imo. we need to rock the boat.

Thread Information