Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2424

Thread: Warriena Tagpuno Wright (26) allegedly fell from Gable Tostee's balcony and he is on trial for her death

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    He tried to get her to drink more and she wouldn't. IMHO he was using his homebrew to make her more compliant. Here in the states it's actually considered rape to have sex with a woman as drunk as she was. If you're questioning whether it was the beer they shared versus the homebrew that got her to that state, I think it's obvious what the culprit was. Even Gable mentioned how amazed he was at how fucked up his brew made her.
    lol quick build another 300 jails because I can tell you there are way more rapists in Australia than we thought.

Both of them had terrible judgment, I just feel he should face some sort of punishment for creating a dangerous environment. He had other options, calling the police to have her removed, leaving his apartment and getting building security, letting her leave when she previously tried to. He fucked up and someone died. .
    Victim blaming. Tostee is the victim. He may have had other options, but every option he took was legal, and appropriate. So stop saying his choices resulted in a death.

His guest tried to scale a 14 story balcony, FFS, that was her irrational, disproportionate response. The jury ruled on these very points. Lets not try to re write history. Or maybe you should join the chat on Twitter, or WS.

"The juror faces criminal investigation and could face up to two years jail."

Too bad nothing will probably happen to her.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32962915...-anyone/#page1

Quote Originally Posted by coniferous View Post
    lol quick build another 300 jails because I can tell you there are way more rapists in Australia than we thought.
    Well duh

Quote Originally Posted by death2me View Post
    This has been referenced previously and I didn't bother replying because it isn't related in any way. The facts of that case were completely different and involved the consumption of methanol instead of ethanol, resulting in the deaths. He essentially poisoned them by suppyling the spirits.

I have no idea why you think that case has a shred of relevance to Tostee.
    Yeah, I did say the circs were different, but it's relevant for 2 reasons. Firstly, because just like Tostee, William Lynam knew he was producing illegal spirits & neither of them had any idea WHAT their end product contained until someone drank it.

& secondly because when you go to someone's home & they offer you their "special vodka" you would assume it's some kind of top shelf shit & not potentially lethal, or insane drunkenness-inducing moonshine.

Tostee alone knew it was moonshine. Tostee alone, through his own heavy drinking, knew it was some seriously strong shit. He knew it still affected him greatly despite his prolonged use of it & his size. So he should've foreseen the effect it would have on Warriena who had no tolerance whatsoever & was also much, much smaller than him.

That should be pretty fucking obvious surely?

Apartment balconies are dangerous places for young, drunk adults even when they're not fearing for their lives & the moment he fed her his homebrew on top of the beer that he knew she'd already consumed, he had a duty of care to her.

Her family won't come back to Australia to sue him. But if they did they'd likely win.
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-20-2016 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Firstly, because just like Tostee, William Lynam knew he was producing illegal spirits & neither of them had any idea WHAT their end product contained until someone drank it.
    That is a lie. It was never explored, never revealed. We don't know what his brewing skills are, nor even if he himself made the alcohol.

& secondly because when you go to someone's home & they offer you their "special vodka" you would assume it's some kind of top shelf shit & not potentially lethal, or insane drunkenness-inducing moonshine.
    See those bold words? You can't assume anything. You are speculating- AGAIN

Tostee alone knew it was moonshine.
    False. He made it known to WW that is was home brew.

Tostee alone, through his own heavy drinking, knew it was some seriously strong shit.
    Speculation. We have no evidence of its proof.

He knew it still affected him greatly despite his prolonged use of it & his size. So he should've foreseen the effect it would have on Warriena who had no tolerance whatsoever
    Please provide proof that WW had no tolerance? You cant, we don't know anything about her tolerance.It may have been high. Or not.

& was also much, much smaller than him.
    Whatever her size it was up to her to regulate her drinking. .156 does not suggest an overly excessive amount.

The only thing that is obvious, is that like most people, you hear sketchy details, and concoct a narrative in your own mind to suit your prejudices. All of your claims are unfounded assumptions.

Apartment balconies are dangerous places for young, drunk adults even when they're not fearing for their lives
    Lol There are innumerous drinking establishments that serve alcohol that have railings the same height as on Tostee's apartment, which are the only separation between themselves and a plunge to the ground. Below are examples. If they were dangerous then lots of people would be plunging to their deaths. Funnily enough, they aren't.

BAC .156% is not blind drunk either. Plenty of people drinking hotels would be at that limit, ie tipsy but coherent. BAC .300 is closer to blind drunk.

& the moment he fed her his homebrew on top of the beer that he knew she'd already consumed, he had a duty of care to her.
    Wrong, he owed her no duty of care. Not legally or otherwise. WW was an adult responsible for her own decisions. She paid the price for those decisions.

Her family won't come back to Australia to sue him. But if they did they'd likely win.
    And this is your final piece of nonsense spoken in pure ignorance. A civil claim would fail for a number of reasons. Civil courts are extremely reluctant to reach a finding contrary to one reached by a criminal court. Civil litigation is expensive and it's extremely unlikely that anyone would touch a case like this without a substantial deposit into their trust account.

In civil cases you need two things, a high chance of success and a respondent of sufficient worth to cover the your legal fees plus the anticipated settlement amount. It may well be that the legal costs of the applicant would exceed Gable's net worth, nevermind any amount awarded for damages. The applicants live in Lower Hutt, which is a lower socio economic area. I think you know what this means.

So all your postulations amount to thought bubbles and nothing more. I would once, just once, like to see a factual, impartial, well though out post from you, but I am yet to see it anywhere on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    "The juror faces criminal investigation and could face up to two years jail."Too bad nothing will probably happen to her.
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32962915...-anyone/#page1
    TBH, her transgression was not that serious. She just mentioned on Instagram she was a juror in this case. It was stupid as it made her identifiable, and a possible victim of threats, blackmail, or intimidation to coerce her verdict in a particular way. Thus it is important for jurors not to be exposed. But her actions did not compromise the case in anyway so a slap o the wrist was given.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    They went big the same reason the US overreaches all the time. High profile case and public pressure. No secret nail in the coffin, in my opinion. They were overzealous about a weak, circumstantial case.

A side note, Australia is pretty notoriously one of the most racist countries so meh to trying to downplay that, bro. Still, I think that has nothing to do with anything in this case.
    An outside view of us might keep us in check and open our eyes. Yep, let's hope we start to get it right sooner rather than later.

I said it earlier. He's like Zimmerman. We'll hear about him again.
    Yep, Absolutely.

stop being a hostile prick, coniferous.
    Last edited by bowieluva; 10-21-2016 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7777 View Post
    An outside view of us might keep us in check and open our eyes. Yep, let's hope we start to get it right sooner rather than later.
    Lets hope so. This thread fucking kills me.

Yeah. I'm just not invested enough in this to bother pulling up quotes & links. The red reps can have the whole fucking thread.

If any of you want to back up your "arguments" on my comments on the racism of QLD police though, come to That's Racist & I'll bury you in links

Yeah, I did say the circs were different, but it's relevant for 2 reasons. Firstly, because just like Tostee, William Lynam knew he was producing illegal spirits & neither of them had any idea WHAT their end product contained until someone drank it.

Tostee alone knew it was moonshine. Tostee alone, through his own heavy drinking, knew it was some seriously strong shit. He knew it still affected him greatly despite his prolonged use of it & his size. So he should've foreseen the effect it would have on Warriena who had no tolerance whatsoever & was also much, much smaller than him.

Apartment balconies are dangerous places for young, drunk adults even when they're not fearing for their lives & the moment he fed her his homebrew on top of the beer that he knew she'd already consumed, he had a duty of care to her.

Thanks for sharing your detailed legal knowledge blighted star QC. I assume yo would be representing her family pro bono?

This is not America where frivolous lawsuits are the norm. We don't have people suing KFC because their bucket of fried chicken isn't overflowing. There will be no civil case in this matter because there are no prospects of success. He owed her no duty of care and at all time he acted lawfully in relation to her ending up on the balcony. The court had already determined her actions were not reasonable.

Yeah. I'm just not invested enough in this to bother pulling up quotes & links. The red reps can have the whole fucking thread.

If any of you want to back up your "arguments" on my comments on the racism of QLD police though, come to That's Racist & I'll bury you in links
    There is no hope for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 7777 View Post

What is it that we aren't getting right?

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Lets hope so. This thread fucking kills me.
    Raciss! All them whiteys be raciss!

This is not America where frivolous lawsuits are the norm. We don't have people suing KFC because their bucket of fried chicken isn't overflowing.
    You're kidding?

Go and read the McBrat case.

Raciss! All them whiteys be raciss!
    Did you have a stroke?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    You're kidding?

Go and read the McBrat case.
    Intellectual property in the prefix Mc is hardly frivolous. While the case may not have had a great deal of importance in terms of the fact that the name was being used on some football shorts, it has greater implications for intellectual property beyond what your small mind can grasp.

All he ever does is read about himself!' The New Zealand-born blonde comforting Gable Tostee as he takes to Snapchat days after being cleared of Tinder date murder.

She is the mystery woman Gable Tostee - the Australian man cleared of his Tinder date's murder and manslaughter - turned to for support during his trial.
    Daily Mail Australia can reveal New Zealand woman Lizzi Evans was the 30-year-old Gold Coast carpet layer's shoulder to cry on during his two-week trial.
    Ms Evans was at the courthouse with Mr Tostee's family as a Supreme Court jury of six men and six women deliberated the 30-year-old's fate.
    She was a constant presence by his side during the court proceedings and in the days since.
    At the weekend, she even posted a late-night video to social media of 'Gable' reading news stories about himself.

During the four tense days the jury spent deliberating and asking questions last week, Ms Evans took pride of place in a private room for Mr Tostee's family.
    She sat in the front row of the public gallery on several days, including as the jury unanimously acquitted him of all charges on Thursday afternoo

Mr Tostee's supporters gasped as the dual 'not guilty' verdicts were read to the Court and Ms Evans was the first to leave the room with the acquitted Mr Tostee.
    Ms Evans has posted a happy moment with Gable to Snapchat since the trial's conclusion.
    'All Gable ever does is just read about himself,' she says during one late night clip - as he flicks through news stories apparently concerning his trial.
    A smug Mr Tostee turns and tells the camera: 'I'm not up myself or anything.'

Ms Evans has also mounted a defence of him online, writing to New Zealand journalist Rachel Smalley after she wrote a column about the Tostee trial.
    She even described Ms Wright as a 'self confessed "phycho" drunk' whom felt it ok to assault people without warning on their own home'.
    'You continue to point the finger at an innocent man who acted in self defense,' Ms Evans wrote, in a scathing Facebook post.
    'Correct the jury found him not guilty and had you sat through the trial you would understand why but I certainly didn't see you there.
    'What a judgmental and narrow minded report about a situation you clearly know nothing about.'
    In another post, she described Mr Tostee as a 'very strong willed' and 'determined' man who has been smeared by the media and was studying architecture.
    Daily Mail Australia contacted Ms Evans for comment on Monday.

It was revealed last week that Mr Tostee told friends he plans to 'start fresh' now the proceedings are over and he is a free man.
    There is little doubt his life was changed forever by Tinder date Warriena Wright's fatal fall from his 14th floor Surfers Paradise apartment on August 7, 2014.
    His lawyer Nick Dore has told media Mr Tostee wanted to express his condolences to Ms Wright's family but did not because of his advice.
    'He is very sympathetic to Ms Wright's family,' Mr Dore said last week.

'It was purely at my discretion that a expression of sympathy was not forthcoming.
    'His life was under a microscope...
    'The last thing I wanted to do was contributed any further words that could see it being misconstrued.'
    In a statement to a press pack on Thursday, Mr Dore said Mr Tostee was 'relieved' by the jury's not guilty verdict

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4NzB4ROKa
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: She is the mystery woman Gable Tostee - the Australian man cleared of his Tinder date's murder and manslaughter - turned to for support during his trial.

Daily Mail Australia can reveal New Zealand woman Lizzi Evans was the 30-year-old Gold Coast carpet layer's shoulder to cry on during his two-week trial.
    Ms Evans was at the courthouse with Mr Tostee's family as a Supreme Court jury of six men and six women deliberated the 30-year-old's fate.
    She was a constant presence by his side during the court proceedings and in the days since.
    At the weekend, she even posted a late-night video to social media of 'Gable' reading news stories about himself.
    Why do I feel like we've talked to this person before?
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

The fb group got a shout out today lol

http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...838745cc0bfd58

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4NzB4ROKa
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    I think Lizzi is a dumbass who is looking for her 15 minutes of fame at the expense of Gable's infamy.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Even when you set aside the whole incident, his online posts in the Body Building site and on social media were totally skeevy douchelike. Then couple that with his previous criminal behavior along with being banned from clubs for being a harassing creep to Women.

Who is attracted to this kind of person?

Someone with serious issues. That's who. They deserve each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I think Lizzi is a dumbass who is looking for her 15 minutes of fame at the expense of Gable's infamy.

100% - She put her snapchat info public, on Facebook just before the story dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Even when you set aside the whole incident, his online posts in the Body Building site and on social media were totally skeevy douchelike. Then couple that with his previous criminal behavior along with being banned from clubs for being a harassing creep to Women.

Who is attracted to this kind of person?

Someone with serious issues. That's who. They deserve each other.
    I believe she's a narcissistic self-serving bitch. I'm sure she sought him out.
    Also, I'd love to see Warienna's family slap her with a defamation suit.

Thread Information