Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Families Stunned By Taconic Crash Revelations

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I've watched that a few times, and I agree with you. I really liked Jay and felt sad for her. She was very much in denial. But her husband straight up saying that he basically didn't want to deal with his own child was appalling.
    I wish I'd had some warning about the picture of her dead at the end. It was really jarring.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I wish I'd had some warning about the picture of her dead at the end. It was really jarring.
    Yeah, she looked pretty terrible.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I just saw the documentary. The Husband is a massive prick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I just saw the documentary. The Husband is a massive prick.
    Massive. I really wonder where Diane's mom is, and why she left the family. You would think someone would've spilled the beans by now.

Didn't they say she left cause she had an affair with a neighbor? I watched the last half hour of it yesterday and cannot believe the husband was cranky because now he's left with a kid he didn't want. Poor kid :(

Yep. I'm glad he has Jay. Because he's got ZERO support with that cunt of a Father.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Didn't they say she left cause she had an affair with a neighbor? I watched the last half hour of it yesterday and cannot believe the husband was cranky because now he's left with a kid he didn't want. Poor kid :(
    Oh, I never heard the reason that she left the home. I remember that Diane never spoke to her mother again. Her brothers did reconcile with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Yep. I'm glad he has Jay. Because he's got ZERO support with that cunt of a Father.
    I know they were saying he doesn't remember what happened...wonder if it will ever come back to him. Emotionally it might be best that it doesn't, especially if he remembers something his asshole dad doesn't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Oh, I never heard the reason that she left the home. I remember that Diane never spoke to her mother again. Her brothers did reconcile with her.
    I think they someone quickly said it and they glossed over it in the doco? Or am I wrong. Probably.

Also, I don't think she looked that bad for such a horrific crash. The poor kids and the poor people first on the scene

Right! ? Easy to pace the blame on anyone but who is actually at fault

And, how you gonna sure the person who's 3 kids your wife killed. . What a psychopath! ! Money hungry, in denial, enabling deal who didn't deserve to be a parent. And if my husband killed my nephew in an act of disgusting negligence, I would say I lived him but wouldn't lie or sue just cause I want to prove I'm a good parent. Just proveswhat a shitty, self centered person he was

I just watched the documentary, and oh my gosh! I so wish we had answers! :/ although I think it's pretty obvious what exactly happened here, there are things that happened that just don't make sense.

I totally understand that the husband wants to defend his wife, but I mean, common man. He's very inconsistent with everything he said in the documentary. He states that before they left the campground they ate breakfast but, then Diane stopped to get food, and that's why they didn't drive together? Also, wasn't the drive only supposed to be like 45 minutes or something? Did he not feel concerned when his wife, daughter, and nieces didn't show up for hours? Another thing is, he's inconsistent with his answers about her drinking/smoking. At first he says she drinks or smoked once or twice a month, and then it went to twice a year, and then the last time he was asked about it he immediately got defensive and said, whatever you herd about it, it's not true. Um red flag.

Next, the kids. I'm so so sad for those kids. I can't even imagine what was happening. The 8 year old spoke to her father and told him "somethings wrong with Aunt Diane" and I wonder why, when she was speaking to her father, did she not say something about Diane drinking? Or smoking. Also, about her being high, if she smoked wouldn't have the kids have been exposed? I'm so curious about why the girl didn't tell her father (OR IF SHE DID) that Diane had been smoking/drinking.

Jay had mentioned that the son told her that Diane's head hurt and she couldn't see. I wonder how that statement came about, I wonder if Diane told them that or if he was fed that?

And lastly, through all of the pictures shown throughout the documentary, I couldn't help but notice how different Diane looked in every single photo shown! almost like a different person in each one. I just found that very odd.

Oh and another thing, how could the husband think it's perfectly okay to not take the son to therapy or something? Like what the actual fuck? I know in the end Jay says they're taking him. But why the hell would you not take your child right away, after such a traumatic experience!?!?

I've watched the documentary more times than I'd like to admit. Reading the thread here I'd like to respond to some questions raised or some inaccuracies posted. Diane and Daniel did leave the campground at the same time in different vehicles as the campground owner spoke with Diane as they were leaving. The abscessed tooth has not ever been proven. It only came up as a question when the sister-in-law Jay is looking over her dental records from FOUR years before the accident and she says, "Does that say an abscess?" as if not able to read it clearly. What the records read were that she had sensitivity to cold, grinding teeth, loose teeth or broken fillings, tooth pain and jaw difficulty. Sounds like a stressed filled life causing these things to me. Jay states that Diane walked out of a root canal procedure. She did not read that from the dental records. It's just something she stated. When she and Daniel meet with the medical examiner, Dr. Werner Spitz, he says the autopsy was done correctly. He says, "Was there anything from the autopsy that would account for this crash...alcohol and marijuana." Daniel brings up the mysterious, not documented abscessed tooth and asks could that possibly have caused a stroke. The medical examiner said, "In theory yes, but based on the autopsy, there's none that I saw on microscopy. A stroke is something like this (and he holds his hands up to demonstrate) and it doesn't cause alcoholism." Jay asks if that reading could be a mistake due to other medical conditions that people don't know that she had. Dr. Spitz says, "It could but the question of the alcohol will always prevail." Daniel says,(ignoring what the doctor said previously about no stroke being found during the autopsy) "Maybe she had a stroke and by accident thinking it (the vodka) was water, drank it?" Jay says, "There's no way if she were in her right mind she'd take that bottle." The doctor says, "If she did have an abscess she could have had such pain she takes whatever is available to alleviate the pain." Daniel argues, "No. I don't think so." The doctor says, "If she had a tooth abscess, what you could say to yourself, she had severe pain and she had to alleviate that pain now, not in an hour, now." Daniel says, "So she drank 1.9? For someone who drank once a month maybe?" The doctor says, "Look, it really doesn't make sense my trying to convince you. You have to have your satisfaction. Your satisfaction is only going to be achieved if you send it to another laboratory to redo it." Then he tells them he sincerely hopes they find peace with it. I'd like to say that I've had a severe migraine before when I've had my grandchild in the car and what is the normal thing to do? Either you pull over and call someone or you head directly home. You don't take four hours driving around in pain drinking copious amounts of alcohol and getting stoned and certainly not with children in the car. You would, however, take four hours time in order to get plastered and high enough to muster the courage to commit murder/suicide. Witnesses prior to Diane going the wrong way on the Taconic said she tailgated them, blowing her horn at them, driving aggressively, moving in and out of lanes but with "a degree of precision". One witness who was able to dodge her when she was going the wrong way on the Taconic stated, "It's like playing chicken. She was going straight on the road. We saw something coming at us. We reacted, we moved. She had no reaction at all. She didn't stop, she didn't slow down, she didn't move. I thought it was someone who was dead set on killing themselves." But why kill herself, her children and her three nieces (along with the three men in the car she crashed into)? She had something that triggered her. She had a lazy husband who didn't want kids. She herself had been left by her mother at the age of nine. She wanted to kill herself but was unwilling to leave her two kids behind with her worthless husband as she knew how she suffered when her own mother left her. Why the nieces? Hard one. I've thought a lot about that. What the one forensic psychiatrist had to say was very telling. He said the brothers all had a relationship with their mother. It was uniquely Diane who couldn't forgive the mother. Warren Hance, Diane's brother and the father of the three girls Diane killed, had a relationship with their mother. That means the three girls had a relationship with their grandmother, Diane and Warren's mother and perhaps that also was very difficult and extremely upsetting for Diane to which she never opened up about as it was stated over and over that she was a very private person and did not talk about her problems. Something set her off that day which probably had been brewing slowly underneath for a long time and she did the unthinkable. She drove around for four hours drinking and smoking dope to get up the nerve to take them all out. Regarding her stopping at the gas station supposedly looking for a pain reliever...that has never been proven. There is no audio and the clerk refused to be questioned. I wondered why he wouldn't be questioned. Perhaps he was an illegal and was afraid. I have no clue. But again, it's been talked about as if it were fact. It is not a fact. Nobody knows (except the clerk and he's not talking - maybe he didn't even remember her, after all she was in there for just a brief moment) why she stopped in there. And besides, how many gas station convenience stores do you know that don't have those individual packets of Advil or something like it? They all do. In my opinion, this is what it was. A murder/suicide by a woman who had underlying psychiatric problems stemming from her difficult childhood and what had to be a difficult marriage. No excuses. Just what my thoughts are about the whole terrible story.

I have another theory.

Diane may have been abused by her father...and blamed her mother for leaving her in that position with no protection.

Diane may have found out that he husband had abused one of her brother's children the night before they went back to their home. That could have broken her completely....if she found out that she has married a man who was doing the same to a family child member....that had been done to her by her father.

It could explain a lot of other things as well.

Here's my unsubstantiated, long and probably wrong theory:

I think she was used to using addictive behaviour as a coping mechanism but she really wasn't an alcoholic. That she'd been smoking weed daily to relax for years and had a high tolerance, she maybe had other addictive or obsessive coping mechanisms, but she was only a social drinker. I think she hadn't built up a tolerance for alcohol and wasn't used to trying to function normally while drinking.

She was a highly functional woman who was very confident in her ability to do an amazing job of juggling numerous serious commitments. On the day of the crash, she's really feeling the pressure so she stops to smoke a joint. Assuming it's true that a bottle of vodka was in their camping kit (I can see that), she decides to take just a shot or two because she's having serious trouble getting through the day. Smoking weed is already built into her routine as a coping mechanism because it helps her to relax and zone out. She's taken on an unfair amount of responsibility for far too long - mothering her children and her useless husband, acting as the main breadwinner with a senior position, and doing all the housework - and the cracks are starting to show. There's some other stress factor like a fight with her husband or a personal realisation or maybe just the toothache on that day. She feels she needs to supplement her normal joint with the vodka because she's trying to deal with that extra stress factor.

She feels overly confident in her ability to sail through this crisis without help. After all, she's been dealing with huge amounts of stress on her own for most of her life and she has always done so well. My guess is that her self-conception was centered around her identity as someone who does amazingly well against all odds and makes it look easy in the process. So, she resorts to her established coping mechanisms by pulling over to smoke a joint and decides to throw in a bit of vodka since it's nearby in the car and she needs something extra. A combination of excessive self-confidence and stubborn self-reliance makes her believe she'll be able to stay in control and blinds her to other solutions. She isn't used to drinking and smoking at the same time since she prefers weed and doesn't really enjoy alcohol. She can smoke weed like a champion but she has no alcohol tolerance. The result is that she doesn't expect the two to interact and fuck her up so much and so quickly.

While her head is still spinning from initial shock of the vodka, she throws down more vodka as she tries to regain control of herself. By this point she's not making rational decisions. The problem is that her first instinct is to drink more rather than throw the bottle down, so she gets very drunk very quickly. As a result, she enters an alcohol related psychosis. She literally has no idea where she is or what she's doing, she's like a sleep walker who's mobile but disconnected from reality and without her normally cohesive sense of self. She does a bunch of random crap while she's in this state and eventually drives them onto the wrong side of the highway. She has the crazy, intense look in her eyes and no response to the cars around her because she's doing things while she's not conscious or aware of her real surroundings. People can enter those states for the 'acute' period of intoxication when they've drank a massive amount too quickly but are not alcoholics. It happened to me once. I don't remember anything that happened but apparently I was like a really active and vocal sleepwalker stuck in a series of intense dreams and on some kind of mission. I could walk around without hurting myself and I apparently reacted to people who were talking to me, but with confusing, unrelated dialogue that was like someone talking in their sleep. People were trying to wake me up or get me to bed but no one could reach me. The delirium went away by itself as my body processed the alcohol. I wasn't an alcoholic or someone who drank more than a few times a week. I had no plan to drink a ridiculous amount and I remember nothing between the first drink and waking up the late the next day. I'll never know why I drank that entire bottle of whiskey in one go, it was a really weird choice that I'd never normally make even while tipsy.

In this theory, she makes a terrible and unforgivable decision with her initial choice to smoke a joint and drink the vodka while driving. Instead of choosing to kill everyone in a murder-suicide, she makes an obviously awful decision that spirals out of control quickly and she accidentally kill everyone as a result. Not much better really.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I think you're right. She had all the kids and stopped at McDonald's to get them something to eat. Not sure if that would be a different route, but she didn't go home right away like he did.
    Between McDonald's and the crash, she was driving around looking for a liquor store, I am sure of it. Needed more Vodka. I'm convinced that's what she went into that gas station store for. The video shows her just walking in, taking a twirl down an aisle, cruising slowly past the cash register area and left. You know she asked the clerk "Do you guys sell liquor/alcohol here?" (she didn't see any refrigerators with beer/wine, etc. when she walked down that aisle so she asked while leaving). I can tell by her body language. She didn't ask for Tylenol or pain killers. Of course they carry Advil or Tylenol. If that's what she wanted, she would have stopped and purchased some. She was on the hunt for more booze and didn't find any at that freeway shortstop place where she got gas. Did you see how she peel away from the gas pumps and exiting the parking lot on the wrong side. She should have been turning out onto the freeway or road on the RIGHT side. She was already fudged up. She was on a toot and wanted more.

Why the blue hell she couldn't wait to get f****ed up until she got home and everyone was out of the car is beyond me. She knew better. If she couldn't help herself and had to get smashed (obviously she couldn't), she should have faked having violent cramps or migraine or something, parked and waited for her brother to come get the kids pretending to be too sick to drive or something.

She was a closet alcoholic, a stoner and a murderer.

And you know she and her husband got stoned before waking the kids up that Sunday morning. Prob started with the vodka at breakfast too. People cannot always detect that stuff on alc's and potheads who are great at masquerading themselves. Notice she always had sunglasses on too. Hide the eyes.

She prob drank before work, drank at lunch, and you know she drank on her drive home from work and into the evening too. She prob smoked pot with her husband every single night after he got home. We are not stupid to be believe his phony denial behavior. He's protecting his own butt. She ran roughshod over him anyway. He prob knew all about her but couldn't do a damn thing about it from the sounds of her personality. She sounds bully-like and stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by SueBee123 View Post
    Between McDonald's and the crash, she was driving around looking for a liquor store, I am sure of it. Needed more Vodka. I'm convinced that's what she went into that gas station store for. The video shows her just walking in, taking a twirl down an aisle, cruising slowly past the cash register area and left. You know she asked the clerk "Do you guys sell liquor/alcohol here?" (she didn't see any refrigerators with beer/wine, etc. when she walked down that aisle so she asked while leaving). I can tell by her body language. She didn't ask for Tylenol or pain killers. Of course they carry Advil or Tylenol. If that's what she wanted, she would have stopped and purchased some. She was on the hunt for more booze and didn't find any at that freeway shortstop place where she got gas. Did you see how she peel away from the gas pumps and exiting the parking lot on the wrong side. She should have been turning out onto the freeway or road on the RIGHT side. She was already fudged up. She was on a toot and wanted more.

Why the blue hell she couldn't wait to get f****ed up until she got home and everyone was out of the car is beyond me. She knew better. If she couldn't help herself and had to get smashed (obviously she couldn't), she should have faked having violent cramps or migraine or something, parked and waited for her brother to come get the kids pretending to be too sick to drive or something.

She was a closet alcoholic, a stoner and a murderer.

And you know she and her husband got stoned before waking the kids up that Sunday morning. Prob started with the vodka at breakfast too. People cannot always detect that stuff on alc's and potheads who are great at masquerading themselves. Notice she always had sunglasses on too. Hide the eyes.

She prob drank before work, drank at lunch, and you know she drank on her drive home from work and into the evening too. She prob smoked pot with her husband every single night after he got home. We are not stupid to be believe his phony denial behavior. He's protecting his own butt. She ran roughshod over him anyway. He prob knew all about her but couldn't do a damn thing about it from the sounds of her personality. She sounds bully-like and stubborn.
    Can't say that I don't agree with you here.

I didn't realize that liquor stores were open on Sundays in some states. That's weird.

I still think Ambien had something to do with it.
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    I didn't realize that liquor stores were open on Sundays in some states. That's weird.

I still think Ambien had something to do with it.
    What makes you think Ambien in this particular case?

I from experience that it can make you do crazy things if you don't get in bed pretty quickly after taking it...

I wonder how the little boy is doing now. Never heard much updating.

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkasaurus View Post
    What makes you think Ambien in this particular case?

I from experience that it can make you do crazy things if you don't get in bed pretty quickly after taking it...
    I read she had a prescription for it at some point.

I hate, hate, hate that stuff. But it could explain why she drank so much, far more than would have been needed. There's no sense of moderation, emotions are amplified, doing bizarre things. Not like a typical alcohol effect like, "Hey, watch me do this stupid thing because it will be fun and/or funny and I won't get hurt." It's more like you just DO it, no reasoning or thought process behind it. Autopilot.

Also, it doesn't usually cause physical impairment. No slurring or stumbling. And even though she was driving all batshit, she seemed fine inside the store and before she left.

Pretty much any time I read about someone doing something bizarre out of the blue, that's where my mind hours
    Last edited by songbirdsong; 01-28-2016 at 05:40 PM.

Ambien would have showed up on her tox screen.

But yes...totally am with you on the Ambien. Auto pilot. I have woken up with food and my bed and email box loaded with ebay and amazon purchase confirmations.

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

*food in my bed.

Same here with Ambien. I've been on it for years, and in the beginning, before I knew how it affected me, I would end up eating crazy combinations of food, and ordering things off amazon. I also once sent a rather risque email to a guy I had only just started dating. In the morning, I would find empty yogurt containers in my bed, or a spoon that had peanut butter on it next to my pillow, or a bunch of candy wrappers all over the floor. One morning I found a package of corn tortillas on the counter along with peanut butter- which sounds disgusting.

Now I don't tend to do those types of things anymore since I know what Ambien does to me.

Thread Information