Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Walter Scott, 50, Was Shot Dead By Officer Michael Slager Who Has Been Charged With His Murder

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    what am i? chopped liver? i posted that twice the other day. this happened in my town.
    I'm sorry boobala - I must have missed it. Have to say though, it definitely bears repeating.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

it does. all the officers were immediately put on leave, and even though the guy is being arraigned today, the comments section in the newspaper is filled with 'who cares? when the fuck are they going to arraign those 10 excuses for cops?'

although the big shot said it seemed excessive from the start, he has also said that it looks like the guy is fighting. uh, no. it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Um no. That guy on the horse was most definitely not fighting. Sickening.

ETA: I also felt really bad for the horse while watching that.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    it does. all the officers were immediately put on leave, and even though the guy is being arraigned today, the comments section in the newspaper is filled with 'who cares? when the fuck are they going to arraign those 10 excuses for cops?'

although the big shot said it seemed excessive from the start, he has also said that it looks like the guy is fighting. uh, no. it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Um no. That guy on the horse was most definitely not fighting. Sickening.

ETA: I also felt really bad for the horse while watching that.
    I know. Poor horse!

And yeah, no - it did appear that he was going to continue to try and flee, I will admit that. But once he came out of the bushes, saw what he was up against, he immediately laid flat down and threw his arms behind his back. Where they stayed, even after they started beating him.

Pricks.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I have to echo what ani said in here earlier about even hardened racists thinking this shit in wrong. I literally had the same encounter yesterday. It's fucked up no matter how you spin it.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

What I said in the other thread was if he had shot him once I don't think he would've been charged. The man ran and supposedly tried to take his tazer, he most likely would have been put in paid leave, been investigated and been back on the street in a few weeks.

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

I do not think the cop is innocent. I never said that in any thread. I just can never understand running from a cop ever. I can't understand running in general. I think joggers are dumb lol in my town if you run from the cops there's helicopters and Like heatseeking fricken technology and canines and there's no way in hell you're getting away so why bother???

Because they're scared of cops because cops abuse their community.

kat's take: hey guys! i think black people are people too, just like you and me. if only they would behave themselves like the rest of us, they wouldn't get such a bad rap!

Right and I'm white and over privileged so I do not know better. Only I literally do not know a single person who has bad experiences with cops and I have friends all over the U.S. So how can it just be me? I actually posted my friends on Facebook and asked if anybody had any bad run ins. I found one guy in Chicago who I play ruzzle with who said he was stopped by a security guard at a Macy's who thought he stole something. Headline news, probably not.

I Think after many years of posting hear you guys are just got this idea in your head that cops are crooked because that is what gets posted . It gets posted because it makes news. Are there bad cops HELL YES but there are good and there are also good and bad people who get shot.

To be honest Kat I share your opinion of running in general, thing is, judging by the skill & speed he demonstrated, it looked like Mr Scott did too. He was just terrified enough to try it, same as Darrien Hunt - there's video of him trying to get away too.(he was a cosplayer with a plastic sword - cops would've just thought he was geek if he was white)

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    I do not think the cop is innocent. I never said that in any thread. I just can never understand running from a cop ever. I can't understand running in general. I think joggers are dumb lol in my town if you run from the cops there's helicopters and Like heatseeking fricken technology and canines and there's no way in hell you're getting away so why bother???
    People actually run and get away all the time. Frequently enough for people to still try.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Because they're scared of cops because cops abuse their community.
    Let's not forget that this guy was a veteran as well. So he's been in the military and still fears local cops.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Right and I'm white and over privileged so I do not know better. Only I literally do not know a single (white) person who has bad experiences with cops and I have friends all over the U.S. So how can it just be me? I actually posted my friends on Facebook and asked if anybody had any bad run ins. I found one guy in Chicago who I play ruzzle with who said he was stopped by a security guard at a Macy's who thought he stole something. Headline news, probably not.

I Think after many years of posting hear you guys are just got this idea in your head that cops are crooked because that is what gets posted . It gets posted because it makes news. Are there bad cops HELL YES but there are good and there are also good and bad people who get shot.
    fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Right and I'm white and over privileged so I do not know better. Only I literally do not know a single person who has bad experiences with cops and I have friends all over the U.S. So how can it just be me? I actually posted my friends on Facebook and asked if anybody had any bad run ins. I found one guy in Chicago who I play ruzzle with who said he was stopped by a security guard at a Macy's who thought he stole something. Headline news, probably not.

People you play fucking Ruzzle with are not your friends. You have no real life friends, or experiences (which is why your silly Facebook friends survey as legit proof is fucking laughable, as said "friends" are probably just like you), outside of your tired uterus stretching pastime, which is why you likely have no bad experiences with cops, because YOU HAVE NO LIFE EXPERIENCES. Did you go to college? Travel the world? Do anything outside of being a fucking sponge-y incubator in your sad bubble life?

For fuck's sake, I've tried to keep my cool with you but your stupidity finally broke me. I'm a white, blonde female who on paper looks like the perfect example of the perfect american citizen. Speeding tickets, and that's it. Truth?? I'VE BROKEN THE LAW MORE FUCKING TIMES THAN I CAN COUNT. Drugs, trespassing, battery, ran from the cops. I AM NO BETTER THAN WALTER SCOTT and the fact that I can admit it is why I have empathy for the victim here, because for fuck's sake IF I WAS A BLACK MALE THIS LEGIT COULD HAVE BEEN ME.

Open your fucking eyes dumbass. Gawd.

Was this posted, either here or Good Cop/Bad Cop? I can't remember

\\SERVER1\deptfile\Corporate\Client_Information\Be d_Bath_Beyond_291\Files\February_2015\AG_Papyrus_S ummary_2015-ADDT'L.xls

Listen: Officer Who Shot Walter Scott In The Back Caught On Tape Laughing About Adrenaline Rush

South Carolina patrolman Michael Slager, who without a brave citizen's cell phone video would not have been arrested for the murder of Walter Scott, has been caught on tape laughing about the adrenaline rush minutes after the shooting.

Change the conversation, change the world
    SHARE THIS

On April 4, as the world now knows, South Carolina police officer Michael Slager pulled Walter Scott over for a faulty tail light. Minutes later, Scott would be shot in the back, dead, by Slager, with the patrolman claiming self defense.

Thanks to the cell phone video of a brave bystander, Slager was arrested for the killing, and fired.

The Guardian's Jon Swaine has just obtained chilling audio of Slager speaking with a senior officer immediately after shooting Scott to death. In it, Slager is instructed and counseled on what to do. At one point, he can be heard laughing about the "adrenaline rush" the senior officer mentions.

The audio begins with Slager asking, "What happens next?"

“Once they get you there,” the senior officer tells Slager, “we’ll take you home. Take your crap off, take your vest off, kind of relax for two or three [days]. It’ll be real quick.”

"They’re gonna tell you you’re gonna be out for a couple of days and you’ll come back and they’ll interview you then," the officer continues. "They’re not going to ask you any kind of questions right now. They’ll take your weapon and we’ll go from there. The last one we had, they waited a couple of days for an official interview — to sit down and say what happens."

That itself is shocking. A police officer shots and kills and unarmed man, and his supervisors send him home without interviewing him on the record? If it were a civilian it would be an entirely different matter.

"By the time you get home, it would probably be a good idea to kind of jot down your thoughts on what happened. You know, once the adrenaline quits pumping."

That's when Slager laughs.

“Oh yeah, it’s pumping.”

Listen:

https://soundcloud.com/jon-swaine/gu...ine-is-pumping

Playing devil's advocate, one might point out that Slager didn't initiate the adrenaline comment, but he did laugh at it. Maybe his supporters would say it was a nervous laugh. But there was absolutely in that audio not an ounce of remorse.

Can't rep Deb.

Here's a cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

I honestly can't anymore with Kat's "If I've never seen it, it must not exist" bullshit. I just can't.

And no, we do not form these opinions just because we read shit on here. Thing is, unlike you, we actually leave our safe little bubbles and go places. Sometimes nice places, sometimes not so nice. And we have friends. Some are white, some are black, some are of other ethnicity. And they have life experiences too. Some good, some bad.

So, yeah, our opinions are formed by what we see and hear with our own eyes and ears. Not from living in a sheltered little bubble where we can quiz the Facebook randoms we play Farkle and Peggle with.

He was discharged from the military for drug related offenses, he shoved a cop in 1987 then he was arrested multiple times for contempt and once for some weird thing I don't understand possession of a bludgeon.. See how I am failing to see 100 percent victim on this one? Right now I'm waiting for toxicology. Because if everyone says is a loving father who just couldn't pay child support but he was on drugs it will seal the deal for me. NOT THAT HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT, but that he ran because he knew he would be busted, not because of a tail light or a night in jail over money.

I have no doubt that there are people out there that are 100% victims of police brutality. But that man did not pull over Mr. Scott to kill him . He approached the car his hand was not on his weapon he talks to the driver he went back to his vehicle and the guy took off and ran . Whatever went to the officers had at that point I have no idea .

I have a lot of real life friends and the guy from Chicago happens to be black not white. I wanted to open the question up to everyone I know, not just my close family and friends.

He was discharged from the military for drug related offenses, he shoved a cop in 1987 then he was arrested multiple times for contempt and once for some weird thing I don't understand possession of a bludgeon.. See how I am failing to see 100 percent victim on this one? Right now I'm waiting for toxicology. Because if everyone says is a loving father who just couldn't pay child support but he was on drugs it will seal the deal for me. NOT THAT HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT, but that he ran because he knew he would be busted, not because of a tail light or a night in jail over money.

I have no doubt that there are people out there that are 100% victims of police brutality. But that man did not pull over Mr. Scott to kill him . He approached the car his hand was not on his weapon he talks to the driver he went back to his vehicle and the guy took off and ran . Whatever went to the officers had at that point I have no idea .
    HE WAS NOT COMMITTING ANY OF THOSE CRIMES WHEN HE WAS SHOT. None of those crimes nor the "crime" he committed at the time of his death warranted being shot. BOOM - 100% victim.

Typical white fucking asshole that tries a person based on past infractions. Fuck you. Seriously.

Your point? He still killed him.

Like I said in the cop thread, you remind me of my Catholic high school 15 year old self. You have NO IDEA what you are talking about, but think you know everything.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

If he had been white I still would've judged him !! What does black have to do with this ?? Why do you assume this has anything to do with race?

He was discharged from the military for drug related offenses, he shoved a cop in 1987 then he was arrested multiple times for contempt and once for some weird thing I don't understand possession of a bludgeon.. See how I am failing to see 100 percent victim on this one?
    Because you yourself just admitted that you don't understand what he was charged with. If you actually look at and think about that list of "charges", it sounds like a bunch of bullshit. His release from the military sounds trivial. Drugs in the military? Nooo wayyyyy.

If he had been white I still would've judged him !! What does black have to do with this ?? Why do you assume this has anything to do with race?
    Chances are if he was white his charge list would look... different.

Thread Information