Thread: Sherry Arnold (43) left her home for a pre-dawn run and never returned

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    You can get a pocket sized air horn from the dollar store for a buck. I wasn't insinuating that people would hear the horn and come to your rescue. My thought was to deter the predator whether it be an animal or a human. Those things are loud. I have a cop friend that gave me the pepper spray off of his belt. One thing to keep in mind is that you have to check your state to see what is legal to carry. As far as, pepper spray, tasers, batons, etc. When I moved to Maryland, my brother wanted to get me something (I forget what it is now) and when he looked at the state law, what ever it was he wanted to get me was illegal to carry in Maryland. I should ask him what it was.
    I remember, years ago, Kroger was giving out free whistles to women to put around their neck. Not that it would deter a mountain lion, but it would draw attention to you if you were in a public place.
    My dad was a mailman and always gave us girls this spray that all mailmen carry for dogs. I think it's legal in every state and would do pretty much the same as mace, at least buy enough time to get away.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    My dad was a mailman and always gave us girls this spray that all mailmen carry for dogs. I think it's legal in every state and would do pretty much the same as mace, at least buy enough time to get away.
    But, does it work on mountain lions.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    But, does it work on mountain lions.
    HA!!! Probably! Hopefully I'll never have to find out! :)

Thread Information