Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
I think I must be way too pragmatic about things like this. I can't imagine spending $60 for a trash can. And what is the purpose of the motion sensor? Like, does the lid sloooooowly raise every time you walk past it? And then stays open longer than you would keep it open if you were just using a pedal trash can. And then it sloooooowly closes again? And at some point you're going to have to change the batteries in your trash can. And what if the motion sensor goes bad, is there a manual override? If so, then why bother w/the motion sensor in the first place? Does the motion sensor make your life $60 worth of better?

Yeah..... way too pragmatic.
It's actually the cheapest one I found that also has a recycle bin. I thought about it and I don't like the idea of having to buy batteries for a trashcan. The trashcan only has a two year warranty for the lid. I'd rather have a step one. We have one right now where the little hole opening on the lid swings inward, but I hate touching it to throw trash away. I really want the dual compartment so we're not putting recycling on the counter where it piles up.
This is the trashcan I'm looking at buying.
https://www.simplehuman.com/rectangu...e/46L-recycler