Thread: Linda Carman (54) missing at sea, her son who is a person of interest in his Grandfather's murder, was found alive on a raft

Linda Carman (54) missing at sea, her son who is a person of interest in his Grandfather's murder, was found alive on a raft

I went back and forth over whether to put this in missing persons or under news/current events. I doubt they will ever find Linda, but since she is missing I will put it under the missing persons area for now. Pretty sure he killed his mom. Odd case.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nathan-c...-linda-carman/

Man rescued at sea explains what happened to missing mom
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

A will shows John Chakalos left an estate worth more than $42 million to his four adult daughters.

So...each daughter got a little over 10 mill a piece. Now mom's dead, so the son will get her portion?

Yeah, it's not suspicious at all.
    His boat was absolutely shit.
    http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...927-story.html
    Last edited by bermstalker; 09-29-2016 at 12:43 AM.

Even tho I really think Nathan is responsible for both deaths- grandpa and mom- a boatmaster said what Nathan did is not really considered dangerous. It's unusual tho.

Here's a link that explains everything going on with this case. It seems Nathan's decline started over the death of his horse.
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...qJI/story.html

But Connors, who was involved in the initial search for the Carmans, said he does not believe the boat repairs Nathan Carman is said to have made would cause an immediate safety issue.

Investigators were told Carman removed trim tabs from his boat, records show. Trim tabs help with fuel efficiency and keep a boat from listing.

Removing them is unusual, but not inherently dangerous, said Gloucester Harbormaster Thomas Ciarametaro.

Ciarametaro said trim tabs are bolted on, so a boat owner would want to make sure the holes were filled securely to prevent leaks.

Carman filled the holes on his boat with a “marine-type adhesive,” according to court records. Ciarametaro said such substances are strong and reliable, but that he would use additional material to shore up his vessel.

Nathan Carman?s plan for a memorial service to honor his mother Linda Carman, who was lost at sea while on a fishing trip with him last month, has angered other families members still waiting for authorities to finish their investigation.

Nathan Carman, 22, has been calling friends of his grandparents, John and Rita Chakalos, in New Hampshire and family friends in West Hartford to invite them to a memorial service scheduled for Wednesday.

Details of the service are unclear but his attorney, Hubert Santos, confirmed this weekend that the 22-year-old is planning a memorial service at St. Thomas the Apostle Church in West Hartford.

?Nathan has not given up hope for his mother?s rescue. However, he also understands the difficult realities of the situation and that the Coast Guard stopped search-and-rescue operations last month,? Santos said. ?He believes that now is an appropriate time to begin the mourning process, and asks that the public and press respect his privacy during this trying time.?

But Nathan Carman apparently didn?t check with any of Linda Carman?s three sisters about the memorial, or invite them. The family has gotten calls from friends informing them that Nathan has called them about the memorial service. The friends have been asking the sisters if they are participating.

The sisters have hired the Boston law firm of Holland & Knight to represent them. Their attorney, Dan Small, issued a statement making it clear that the three sisters have nothing to do with the planned memorial, and indicating that they prefer to wait until police finish investigating the circumstances of the ill-fated fishing trip.

?Linda?s friends and family want to make clear that they are not involved in this event,? Small said. ?They believe that it is premature and inappropriate to stage this kind of an event when there is an ongoing investigation into Linda?s disappearance.?

Nathan Carman and his mother, Linda Carman, 54, of Middletown, were reported missing Sept. 18 while on a fishing trip. They left from South Kingstown, R.I., the day before in Nathan Carman?s 31-foot aluminum boat, The Chicken Pox. His mother is presumed dead.

Police from at least four states have been investigating the circumstances surrounding the boat?s sinking. They have obtained search warrants for Nathan Carman?s vehicle, cellphone and Vermont home. In those documents, they indicate they are investigating whether to charge him with ?operating (a boat) so as to endanger, resulting in death.?

Nathan Carman told Coast Guard officials that he and his mother were fishing in Block Canyon, south of Martha?s Vineyard, when he heard a funny noise coming from the engine and water rushing on the boat. Carman said he turned to grab an emergency bag and by then, the boat was sinking.

He swam to a raft that had automatically inflated and said he called out for his mother but didn?t see her.

He floated in the raft for eight days before a freighter called the Orient Lucky picked him up about 100 miles from Martha?s Vineyard. He spent two days on the freighter before he was turned over to the Coast Guard.

Carman wrote the ship?s captain, Hengdong Zhao, a thank you note in which he described what his mother meant to him: ?If my mom is lost, which I fear is likely, I will have no one on Earth who will welcome me sincerely into their home,? he wrote.

A potential rift between Nathan Carman and his relatives started when his grandfather, John Chakalos, was killed in December of 2013. Windsor police tried to obtain an arrest warrant to charge Nathan Carman with the murder but were unsuccessful.

As with his mother, Nathan Carman is believed to have been the last person to see his grandfather alive when he had dinner with him the night before his body was found by one of his daughters. Chakalos was shot three times in the head.

Nathan Carman has denied any involvement in his grandfather?s death, saying the two were extremely close.

?He loved me very dearly,? Carman said of Chakalos. ?I was like a son to him; he was like a father to me.?

Chakalos? probate estate, filed in New Hampshire, shows that he had assets of $44 million. A judge recently accepted a final total of about $21 million to be distributed among his daughters, the four sisters. A judge has not approved the final distribution of the estate.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man...ers/ar-AAjjbHV
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

This dude.
    How f'ing tacky. I bet it won't be long before he has her declared dead.

“A funeral or memorial service in Catholic Church indicates that a body and death certificate is available in a case,” said Director of Communications for the Archdiocese of Hartford, Maria Zone.
    In the case of Linda Carman, presumed lost at sea, no such documentation is available, therefore neither service can be held, said Zone.
    http://www.wfsb.com/story/33455877/n...r-linda-carman

Who the hell names a boat The Chicken Pox??

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    This dude.
    How f'ing tacky. I bet it won't be long before he has her declared dead.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/33455877/n...r-linda-carman
    Isn't there a mandatory wait period (several years) to declare missing people dead? If they make him wait for the money I bet he looses his shit.

God this guys is such an evil douche.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Nathan Carman — the Vermont man who is a suspect in his grandfather’s killing and whose mother disappeared at sea under mysterious circumstances — now stands accused of enlarging four holes in the doomed boat that sank with him and his mom on board, according to court documents.

“In removing his boat’s trim tabs hours before departing on its final voyage, Carman not only failed to properly seal four thru-hull holes he thereby opened at the transom’s waterline ... but two recent depositions establish Carman enlarged those four holes,” wrote David J. Farrell Jr., an attorney for the company that insured Carman’s boat.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc..._disappearance

There's a lot more information at that link.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nathan-...t-sea-in-2016/

Nathan Carman charged with killing his mother at sea in 2016
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 02:25 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    FINALLY!!!!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yeah, reading through this it's obvious that this douchbag did them both in for the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

The man charged with killing his mother at sea during a 2016 fishing trip off the coast of New England has died awaiting trial, federal authorities said Thursday. Prosecutors say it was a scheme to inherit millions of dollars.

Nathan Carman, 29, of Vernon, Vermont, was scheduled to face trial in October. He had pleaded not guilty last year to fraud and first-degree murder in the death of his mother, Linda Carman of Middletown, Connecticut.

The cause of Carman?s death was not immediately clear. One of Carman?s lawyers, Martin Minnella, said he was told about Carman?s death Thursday by the U.S. Marshals Service.

?We had spoken to him yesterday. He was in good spirits,? Minnella said. ?We were meeting with some experts today over Zoom at 12 o??lock. We were prepared to start picking a jury on Oct. 10 and we were confident we were going to win. It?s just a tragedy, a tragedy.?

The eight-count indictment also says Carman shot and killed his wealthy grandfather John Chakalos at his home in Windsor, Connecticut, in 2013 but does not charge him with murder in his death.

Minnella and fellow attorney David Sullivan, both from Connecticut, where Carman grew up, had criticized the indictment, including allegations Carman killed his grandfather, saying Carman was never charged with that crime.

?The whole situation would have come out in court,? Minnella said Thursday. ?It would have come out in court and I?m positive ... that this young man would have been vindicated.?

In September 2016, Carman arranged a fishing trip with his mother, during which prosecutors say he planned to kill her and report that his boat sank and his mother disappeared in the accident.

He was found floating in an inflatable raft eight days after leaving a Rhode Island marina with his mother, who was never found. Prosecutors allege he altered the boat to make it more likely to sink. Carman denied that allegation.
    https://www.wfsb.com/2023/06/15/nath...-fishing-trip/
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thanks for the update! I am wondering if he committed suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

That's my guess.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    That's my guess.
    Thanks for the update, Puzz!

I'm guessing overdose. He screams addict to me and probably was one of the motivations for wanting their money in the first place. It's Heroin city in the Northeast.

ETA: Okay, wait. I missed the fact that he was in prison. You're all probably correct that it was suicide.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 06-16-2023 at 01:00 AM.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

As soon as I saw that he had died I assumed it's suicide. If it wasn't it would have said "was murdered in prison"
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    As soon as I saw that he had died I assumed it's suicide. If it wasn't it would have said "was murdered in prison"
    Yeah, and the fact his lawyer kept saying he was in good spirits, looking forward to the trial, he thought he was going to be set free....almost like he was surprised at the death, which makes me think suicide.

Obviously he wasn't thinking he was going to get off.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I hate to say it, but good riddance.

Thread Information