Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Singer Naomi Judd (76), "lost to mental illness" per daughters

Singer Naomi Judd (76), "lost to mental illness" per daughters

I grew up listening to The Judds. They were to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville on Sunday.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...dds-dies-at-76

Nashville, Tenn. (AP) -- Naomi Judd, the Kentucky-born singer of the Grammy-winning duo The Judds and mother of Wynonna and Ashley Judd, has died. She was 76.

The daughters announced her death on Saturday in a statement provided to The Associated Press.
    ?Today we sisters experienced a tragedy. We lost our beautiful mother to the disease of mental illness," the statement said. "We are shattered. We are navigating profound grief and know that as we loved her, she was loved by her public. We are in unknown territory." The statement did not elaborate further.

The Judds were to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame on Sunday.

The mother-daughter performers scored 14 No. 1 songs in a career that spanned nearly three decades. After rising to the top of country music, they called it quits in 1991 after doctors diagnosed Naomi Judd with hepatitis.
    The Judds? hits included ?Love Can Build a Bridge? in 1990,?Mama He?s Crazy? in 1984, ?Why Not Me? in 1984,?Turn It Loose? in 1988, ?Girls Night Out? in 1985, ?Rockin? With the Rhythm of the Rain? in 1986 and ?Grandpa? in 1986.

So does that mean suicide?

That would be my guess but I'm not 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    So does that mean suicide?
    Yeah she unalived herself.

I dont like to comment on people's looks, but I always thought she was so beautiful and perfect.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

That's so sad, I am not a fan of country music, but I know who the Judds are and I've never heard anyone say anything bad about them. They're from the town I currently live in and a lot of people know them.

She's got a long history of depression and health issues. Tragic story.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I wonder how she did it. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I was never a fan of country music, but I always knew who the Judds were. She was such a lovely lady and I can only imagine how shocking her death is to her daughters, husband, etc.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I wonder how she did it. Very sad.
    A local newscaster posted a picture of a van in her driveway and mentioned "Aftercare Company" which is a nice way of saying Crime Scene Cleanup Crew. Usually that means a fair amount of bio hazard involved so it would be either a gunshot or perhaps slitting her wrists
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    A local newscaster posted a picture of a van in her driveway and mentioned "Aftercare Company" which is a nice way of saying Crime Scene Cleanup Crew. Usually that means a fair amount of bio hazard involved so it would be either a gunshot or perhaps slitting her wrists
    Oh wow! I wouldn't guessed something less messy like prescription pill overdose. How sad..

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Oh wow! I wouldn't guessed something less messy like prescription pill overdose. How sad..
    I mean, it could have still been that and she vomited? They didn't want to handle the clean up and they certainly could afford a company to come in and make it look like nothing happened. I'm just assuming that it was likely a bigger job since normally things like vomit etc can be cleaned by regular cleaning companies and not one that deals specifically with bio hazard.

I mean, it could have still been that and she vomited? They didn't want to handle the clean up and they certainly could afford a company to come in and make it look like nothing happened. I'm just assuming that it was likely a bigger job since normally things like vomit etc can be cleaned by regular cleaning companies and not one that deals specifically with bio hazard.
    I wonder if we will ever know.

I wonder if we will ever know.
    Probably not.

Country Music Hall of Famer Naomi Judd killed herself with a gun, her daughter has revealed.

'She used a weapon…a firearm,' heartbroken Ashley Judd shared in an interview with Good Morning America. 'So that's the piece of information we're very uncomfortable sharing.'

Naomi, the Kentucky-born singer of the Grammy winning duo The Judds - mother of Wynonna and Ashley - died aged 76 on April 30 after a longtime battle with the disease of mental illness.
    Ashley, who was visiting Naomi's Tennessee home on the day she died, recalled her last moments with her mother.

'It was a mixed day,' Ashley revealed. 'I was at the house visiting, as I am every day, and mom said to me "will you stay with me?" and I said: "Of course I will."

The actress stepped outside to greet a family friend. When she went to notify her mother that their guest had arrived, she found her dead.

'I went upstairs to let her know that the friend was there and I discovered her,' Ashley shared. 'I have both grief and trauma from discovering her.'

The actress, sharing the details of her mother's death before the release of her autopsy report, reiterated that Naomi was 'entitled to her dignity and her privacy' and they will not be disclosing anything else.
    Full story here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-firearm.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    That is awful! So sad she was the one to find her...

I came here to post that. Very sad. She said that they wanted to share the COD before someone else did since the autopsy would be released at some point. I hope that Ashley is getting therapy. I couldn't imagine finding my Mother dead from a GSW.

I think it is hurtful for children to be left out of their parents' will. But her daughters are independently wealthy on their own.

This is very sad - I don't really know any of the music by the Judds, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

And, of course, I've been in love with Ashley Judd for many, many years.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

https://radaronline.com/p/wynona-jud...n-will-ashley/

Bitter Wynona Judd Plots To Contest Late Mom’s $25 Million Will, Blames Sister Ashley For ‘Baffling’ Decision To Cut Her Out Of Inheritance

Wynonna Judd is said to be speaking with attorneys about formally contesting her late mom’s will which left total control of her $25 million fortune and estate to her widower husband.

As Radar revealed, Naomi Judd made no mention of her daughters Wynonna or Ashley in her official last will and testament in what some called a baffling decision.

Instead, the Grammy award-winning country legend rested all power with her husband of 33 years, Larry Strickland.

The decision has sparked a bitter battle between the squabbling sisters with Ashley believed to be siding with her late mom and Larry.

“Wynonna was banking on getting a piece of the pie,” dished a source, adding Wynonna, 58, believes Ashley and Larry “conspired against her.”

A source close to Ashley, 54, said she believed her mother “knew what she was doing” by not dropping a big stack of cash in her sister’s lap.

“Wynonna has had money problems throughout her adult life,” a family friend confided.

“She’s blown through every dollar she made with The Judds. She even checked into a treatment facility in 2004 for a ‘money disorder!”

Wynonna or Ashley have long been at odds. Wynonna did not invite Ashley — or her mother — to her 2012 wedding to country music legend Cactus Moser.

Their feud exploded in 2013 when Ashley claimed in a court filing that Wynonna had a tracking device planted on her sister’s car.

You would think that people with that much money in the first place wouldn't be fighting over a will. This is very sad.

You would think that people with that much money in the first place wouldn't be fighting over a will. This is very sad.
    Yeah I thought that this is something only those of us who have much less money than them. Why is Wynonna spending more money than she makes? That's another thing that I thought only those of us like me do.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenatoo View Post
    Yeah I thought that this is something only those of us who have much less money than them. Why is Wynonna spending more money than she makes? That's another thing that I thought only those of us like me do.
    That happens in every class. People generally live above their means, but in people's defense it's almost ingrained in to us to do so. To keep the credit card companies and banks in business.

It sounds like she has a particular issue with it though.

That happens in every class. People generally live above their means, but in people's defense it's almost ingrained in to us to do so. To keep the credit card companies and banks in business.

It sounds like she has a particular issue with it though.
    You're right. I paid off all of my credit cards and my credit score went down. Then I find out that you can't show them that you live within your means. They will think that you will never make them money, and those who pay cards off monthly aren't making them money in interest.

Whatever. What the fuck ever. I still think that medical bills should not be on credit reports and they most definitely shouldn't negatively affect you. It's my pet peeve.

I'm not cursing at you, I'm upset at the credit agencies and the medical industry. It's all about greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenatoo View Post
    You're right. I paid off all of my credit cards and my credit score went down. Then I find out that you can't show them that you live within your means. They will think that you will never make them money, and those who pay cards off monthly aren't making them money in interest.

Whatever. What the fuck ever. I still think that medical bills should not be on credit reports and they most definitely shouldn't negatively affect you. It's my pet peeve.

I'm not cursing at you, I'm upset at the credit agencies and the medical industry. It's all about greed.
    Medical debt is being removed from credit reports.

https://www.cnbc.com/select/medical-debt-credit-report/

Thread Information