Thread: Brandon Cole-Skogstad, (29) Killed four other family member, then himself in Duluth, MN

Brandon Cole-Skogstad, (29) Killed four other family member, then himself in Duluth, MN

https://www.startribune.com/relative...day/600169681/

"The Barry family was adventurous ? free spirits with an open couch for any guest. They were night owls, animal lovers, determined sellers of Girl Scout Cookies, and deep thinkers drawn to a session on a swing set.
    "This is a family who truly lived every day," Elizabeth Barry told an auditorium full of mourners on Sunday afternoon at Marshall School during a public funeral for her son and daughter-in-law, Sean and Riana Barry, and their two daughters, Shiway, 12, and Sadie, 9, who were killed by a relative in their East Hillside neighborhood home less than two weeks ago. The funeral drew nearly 300 people, including Duluth Police Chief Mike Tusken and Mayor Emily Larson alongside school-aged children and old friends from Fairbanks, Alaska, where the family spent years before moving to Duluth. Those closest to the Barrys filed into about a dozen center rows ? in front of the four caskets adorned with flowers and favorite things: unicorn stuffed animals for Sadie, Shiway's violin"

https://www.weau.com/2022/04/22/poli...unity-shocked/

DULUTH, Minn. (KBJR/Gray News) - A community in Minnesota is helping to remember a family of four who were shot and killed in their own home earlier this week. The Duluth Police Department said Riana Lou Barry, 44, Sean Christopher Barry, 47, Shiway Elizabeth Barry, 12 and Sadie Lucille Barry, 9, lost their lives in a murder-suicide situation, KBJR reported. Duluth Police Chief Mike Tusken said Brandon Taylor Cole?Skogstad, 29, a cousin to the children, was responsible for the shooting and killed himself in the incident. Cole?Skogstad was reportedly experiencing a mental health crisis and family members said he sent a message about harming himself and others in the family before the shooting. Neighbors who knew the family said they were shocked to hear what had happened on their street. ?It?s just really hard,? said Brianna Williams, a grad student who lives down the street. ?You think you?re safe in this community and it?s just crazy because I?m always chatting with the neighbors and everyone?s chatty.?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/183448...illing-family/

He shot his family while they slept after posting a shocking message on Facebook saying he had made "the absolutely horrid choice," according to authorities. The victims have been named as Rian Barry, 44, her husband Sean, 47, and their daughters Shiway, 12, and Sadie, nine.
    In the Facebook post shared an hour before police believe the murder took place, Cole-Skogstad wrote that while he had "suffered many years of mental illness," he almost never got help because he felt he didn't "deserve it." Fox 21 reports that surviving family members confirmed Cole-Skogstad confessed on Facebook, as did chief of Duluth police Mike Tusken.

Husbands FB: https://www.facebook.com/sean.barry.904

Wive's FB: https://www.facebook.com/riana.s.barry

One of the kids' : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014361732660

GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/sean-and-...bad827bea670ae

Perp's FB has been deleted.

This is very sad. I dont know what to say about his mental health. These days they can put you in a mental health facility against your will, but you can sign yourself out after a couple days.

this is non relevent, but is bothering me. what is on that deer's head in that first pic?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    This is very sad. I dont know what to say about his mental health. These days they can put you in a mental health facility against your will, but you can sign yourself out after a couple days.

this is non relevent, but is bothering me. what is on that deer's head in that first pic?
    Those are his antlers. They don't always grow perfectly and it seems like they're just starting the regrowth since there is still felt on them.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 05-02-2022 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Because proper English is gude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

It looks like its antlers, which are growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    It looks like its antlers, which are growing.
    I figured that, but they look furry and like there is too many of them.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I figured that, but they look furry and like there is too many of them.
    https://www.mossyoak.com/our-obsessi...-antler-velvet
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Yep! And they shed them from time to time as well. Then they grow back and sometimes really funky like that guy. I think it's because of previous battles with other males, but I'm not sure. It's fascinating stuff. People even go out looking for shedded antlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Yep! And they shed them from time to time as well. Then they grow back and sometimes really funky like that guy. I think it's because of previous battles with other males, but I'm not sure. It's fascinating stuff. People even go out looking for shedded antlers.
    The guy in Montana that just recently lost his encounter with a Grizzley was antler hunting.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    The guy in Montana that just recently lost his encounter with a Grizzley was antler hunting.
    That's right! It's a dangerous job, but some people do it

Thread Information