Page 704 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 204 604 654 694 702 703 704 705 706 714 754 804 1204 ... LastLast
Results 17,576 to 17,600 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    I think you see what my original point was regarding this particular court case. If it had not been for such a kookie person on trial, this thread would not have been so interesting, don't you agree?
    ah, but to this I have to ask, what case have you ever seen on the internet that didnt receive the same?
    Insert any name = Tear apart the defense and defendant, make jokes, type hate 10 million times, make up some skillful and hilarious graphics, some not so funny too. Cheer on the prosecutor, idiolize them blah blah and so on. Phil Spector beats JA hands down.
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    i am all excited about perjury being a felony in az. Three years if convicted.
    True. But I believe they would credit time served.

Protection rituals are used in new age psychotherapeutic interventions. It was common in treatment of sexual and physical abuse...giving the person a way to imagine being able to protect oneself...to be able to imagine boundaries, etc. It can be used in hypnotic suggestion or meditations. Although I have been corrected, I can still see Travis using it. Why? Because PPL or Legal Shield was seriously into new age self-help rituals.
    *Cough* (quackery) *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    I think you see what my original point was regarding this particular court case. If it had not been for such a kookie person on trial, this thread would not have been so interesting, don't you agree?
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    Yeah, I think the "characters" in the case provide plenty of entertainment fodder as do us, the posters in this thread. I followed the case from 2008 till now because like with the CA case, I am fascinated in real life court and not the made up shit you see on TV in the movies. To me, I joined to get more information and I have enjoyed and yes, have been "entertained" by what has been posted. It probably would have been a lot more drab or uninteresting in this thread if not for those factors.
    I only found this case after the trial started, and became fascinated quickly. I was slogging through it all on my own until I stumbled upon this site. I was looking for more good info on the case, and this site had lots. Then the more posts I read, the more I was drawn in by the interesting and like minded people and their many different ideas and theories.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

I am guessing Geffner is going to point out the symptoms which overlap between PTSD and BPD. Jodi may have answered the TSI and MCMI differently for him. Thus far we know that einstein took those tests at least twice (Samuels & Karp) and maybe a third time with Geffner. The below might be a preview to his testimony. The defense wants to add a smidgen of doubt.

that makes sense what you are saying - but the one thing the defense never touched on was how could jodi have done all she did after the murder if she really had battere womens syndrome and was in a fog?? is there an explanation for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Fuckery is all the defense has.

@stark3923 46m

Juror #8 i am told was excused for work reasons/conflict dates - he was told case would end April 11 not May 15
    thanks Sneakers, so where's the apologies to falsely accusing Nurmi? huh huh?
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Like several other members have said, I'm feeling a bit let down today. It seems like we're ending not with a bang but a whimper.

To me it kinda feels like both sides are fed up and just going thru the motions...like yesterday when Nurmi had no questions for the Walmart lady, just couldn't be arsed as our UK friends would say. It was a big issue going against his case and there were things I was wondering about but he apparently just couldn't be bothered. And Martinez, rushing thru the closet shelf stuff yesterday and today not bringing up the bullet trajectory with the ME at all is puzzling, especially after he had taken such pains to have Jodi get up in front of the jury to demonstrate the linebacker pose earlier. IIRC he asked the judge for permission to do the demonstration, they sent the jury out, had her do the pose, then brought the jury back in and had her do it again. And then, nothing. Why do all that and then not do anything with it?

It just feels a little half-hearted this week, from both sides...
    I also think that a lot of our emotions come from knowing that the end of the trial is near. Over the last few months, the members of this thread have shared the ups and downs of following this trial. We have picked each other up, after we got the snot beaten out of us. We have laughed together, cried together, and tucked and rolled....together. As a group, we challenged one another, and ourselves, in the process. We learned to think outside the box, at times. And we've gained respect and wisdom for it all. It's like senior year, with graduation looming. I suddenly want to sing that song.....the one at the end of "Grease" Ramma Lamma Ding Dong.

Maybe it's a bit late in the game to be discussing this, and/or, it may have already been discussed, but because JA was living in CA, and crossed state lines to commit murder in AZ, why didn't this become a federal case? I thought it was automatic for the FBI to get involved in such cases? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    Blonde, I think you aren't considering Nurmi's argument to understand why the judge had to allow this.
    You really need to read the Supreme court decision that Nurmi used for his argument. And understand how the law works. It does not matter just what they 'thought' Dr D might say, they are perfectly right in waiting to hear what she says in front of the jury. They don't have to preempt a damn thing if they don't want to. They are perfectly within common practice on this one. And there was nothing to predict she would tear apart their experts over and above her dx.

What the important law is in this instant is ... Dr D went well past just testifying about BPD! Juan had her tear down the other experts credibiltity. THAT is the very issue that Supreme Court case remanded the case Nurmi presented for argument and like it or not, he was right, JM was wrong this time.
    Sorry I can't remember the case name right now and didn't save it, but it's around somewhere, starts with a "T" Tal something? I bet the shit site has it. ; )
    WT, thank you for bringing a balanced and objective viewpoint to this thread!

Protection rituals are used in new age psychotherapeutic interventions. It was common in treatment of sexual and physical abuse...giving the person a way to imagine being able to protect oneself...to be able to imagine boundaries, etc. It can be used in hypnotic suggestion or meditations. Although I have been corrected, I can still see Travis using it. Why? Because PPL or Legal Shield was seriously into new age self-help rituals.
    i'm gonna smudge my house when this trial is over

What the important law is in this instant is ... Dr D went well past just testifying about BPD! Juan had her tear down the other experts credibiltity. THAT is the very issue that Supreme Court case remanded the case Nurmi presented for argument and like it or not, he was right, JM was wrong this time.
    Grounds for mistrial? Significant issue on appeal?

Interesting that The Prosecutor in his zeal may have overstepped the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    Yes. I looked that one up a long time ago. It happens at the temple tho. Maybe because he wasn't temple worthy, he felt the need to do it himself- if he in fact did do that.
    For the record I have been mormon my entire life and I've never heard of a "Protection Ritual" I have been through the temple although I am currently not temple worthy. He could have been praying but there is not a "Protection Ritual" I'm not sure where you got your information.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    Does Jodi get 3 yrs for each time she perjured herself??
    That and a special diet of brain pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    I think there is something akin to "Protection Ritual" in the LDS Church as well...

I just realized when you mentioned Travis's interest in New Age "see it be it" (so to speak) philosophy that he must have named his dog after Napoleon Hill who he mentions in his blog as an inspiration. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_Hill
    Travis, Travis, Travis. A protection ritual can't do shit against a knife, gun and a Jodi who loathes him. This is akin to taking a cranberry pill after being diagnosed with bladder cancer. This makes me wanna holler.

Travis, Travis, Travis. A protection ritual can't do shit against a knife, gun and a Jodi who loathes him. This is akin to taking a cranberry pill after being diagnosed with bladder cancer. This makes me wanna holler.
    I agree!

i am all excited about perjury being a felony in az. Three years if convicted.
    Now you got me excited! I did not know! How many counts can they get stabby on??

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    Thanks WT. I simply used Dr. D as an example of how/why JM has to disprove DV/SD because of the additional burden in AZ.
    ShellJett, I found it--Darned name was Talmadge.

Quite a case to read for those interested in how laws and appeals work out.
    Found guilty at first trial.
    Appeal verdict tossed, new trial
    At the second trial found quilty again.
    Second trial appeal .. was reversed and remanded too!

I didn't check past that second appeal yet, to find if the state took on a third trial. But in a quick inmate search, only her husband is in the AZ inmate data base.

http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx...006&SizeDisp=7

http://tucsoncitizen.com/morgue2/200...r-second-time/

2007 reversal
    http://www.appeals2.az.gov/Decisions/CR20020155Memo.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by tiggrrl72077 View Post
    For the record I have been mormon my entire life and I've never heard of a "Protection Ritual" I have been through the temple although I am currently not temple worthy. He could have been praying but there is not a "Protection Ritual" I'm not sure where you got your information.
    I made the connection when I read this:

the endowment ceremony.....

"There are symbols on the garment... This, you're told, is your protection and all kinds of mythical rumors surround wearing these. This is worn by both men and women.... http://www.hiddenmysteries.org/relig...srituals.shtml

not saying it's Gospel.

I like unusual and interesting food, but this would be beyond even my limits.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Protection rituals are used
    So that's why she didn't get pregnant. I didn't know that method works!

I made the connection when I read this:

the endowment ceremony.....

"There are symbols on the garment... This, you're told, is your protection and all kinds of mythical rumors surround wearing these. This is worn by both men and women.... http://www.hiddenmysteries.org/relig...srituals.shtml

not saying it's Gospel.
    Its a totally different thing. Yes there are symbols on the garments. They are there as a reminder of the covenants you made in the temple. Many believe they can provide protection. But there is not a specific "protection ritual" that anyone performs.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Grounds for mistrial? Significant issue on appeal?

Interesting that The Prosecutor in his zeal may have overstepped the mark.
    You mean her attacking their credibility? Not an appeal issue I have found .. yet. The only issue for appeal was if the judge were not to let Nurmi has his surrebuttal chance at rebutting the rebuttal expert. That is the State vs Talmadge Nurmi argued and I just posted links to.

But hope is not all gone, we have more to go. I've seen appeals won on shit the prosecutor said in closing statements. The law is long and complicated, a toss of the dice until the Supreme Court says it sticks.

he either underestimated her crazy or overestimated her humanity. or both.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggrrl72077 View Post
    Its a totally different thing. Yes there are symbols on the garments. They are there as a reminder of the covenants you made in the temple. Many believe they can provide protection. But there is not a specific "protection ritual" that anyone performs.
    thank you... I wasn't sure that's why I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post

I like unusual and interesting food, but this would be beyond even my limits.
    OMG, ever see Faces of Death?

thank you... I wasn't sure that's why I asked.
    No problem :) I don't mind answering questions about it. I appreciate when people ask. ChelseyDawn is great about answering questions about the LDS faith too. In fact she is way more knowledgeable than I am. :)

Oh, Trial! I'm going to miss you! But we have so many good memories!

Random Favorite Trial Moment

Wordnerd Jodi is asked about GMT and brutally mispronounces it as "GREEN-Witch mean time".

Computer dude does the same thing. Green Witch.

I know Arizona is far from New York and England, but it should sound more like Grenich!!! For fuck's sake you're making our country look dumb!!!

ShellJett, I found it--Darned name was Talmadge.

Quite a case to read for those interested in how laws and appeals work out.
    Found guilty at first trial.
    Appeal verdict tossed, new trial
    At the second trial found quilty again.
    Second trial appeal .. was reversed and remanded too!

I didn't check past that second appeal yet, to find if the state took on a third trial. But in a quick inmate search, only her husband is in the AZ inmate data base.

http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx...006&SizeDisp=7

http://tucsoncitizen.com/morgue2/200...r-second-time/

2007 reversal
    http://www.appeals2.az.gov/Decisions/CR20020155Memo.pdf
    WT - You are so good to me. Thank you.

Thread Information