Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: British actor Julian Sands found dead months after he went missing while hiking Mt. Baldy

British actor Julian Sands found dead months after he went missing while hiking Mt. Baldy

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/18/enter...ker/index.html

British actor Julian Sands, known for his work in shows like ?24? and movies like ?A Room with a View? and ?Arachnophobia,? has been identified as a hiker missing in the Mt. Baldy, California area since last Friday, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff?s Department.

Sands was reported missing at 7:30pm on January 13, Gloria Huerta, a spokesperson with the department, tells CNN.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    My guess is either got injured and exposure got him or possibly a cougar. It's been raining on and off there in CA over the weekend. I wouldn't have gone hiking anywhere after all the rain that they've gotten lately. The trails were bound to be all mud and subject to slide off the side of mountains. I bet that's what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

He looks familiar. Was he hiking alone? God dammit.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I loved him in the Killing Fields...one of my favorite movies of all time.

He dated Jodie Foster for a bit in the 80s. I hope he's okay but doesn't look good

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    He dated Jodie Foster for a bit in the 80s. I hope he's okay but doesn't look good
    Yeah, he's been gone a week and they've had icy conditions even on level ground there in LA. It's rained and it's freezing so he's definitely toast, sadly. They even had to suspend the helicopters and searchers because of the weather. It's a matter of finding the body at this point. I guarantee that a trail collapsed and he fell. I don't get why anyone would have wanted to hike in those conditions. Especially alone. It was a dumb move.

https://news.sky.com/story/julian-sa...tains-12790940

Julian Sands's phone showed movement two days after he went missing in Californian mountains

In an update on Thursday, San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said: "On 15 January, phone pings showed Sands to be heading to the Mount Baldy area.

"Additional phone pings from the cell provider were attempted but were unsuccessful, due to the lack of cell service and most likely cell phone power failure.

"A delayed ping through Sands' Apple iPhone operating system, from 14 January, provided a possible location on one of the trails leading to the summit of Mount Baldy.

"This area was checked by ground searchers and by helicopter. Ground and air searchers were unable to locate any evidence in this area that would assist in locating Mr Sands."

The latest development comes as the sheriff's department said there is "no hard deadline" for calling off the search one week after Mr Sands was first reported missing.

They were just delayed. Pings are from day he went missing

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    They were just delayed. Pings are from day he went missing
    That's what I was thinking. I mean..... You can't go this long in freezing temperatures without the proper equipment and live. It's consistently been in the low 30s overnight on Mt. Baldy and snowing. Unless he was able to find shelter and start a fire, I don't see him as being alive. If he had started a fire, they would have easily found him. He slipped or a trail gave way and he bought it. I guarantee it. It's sad, but it also wasn't a great idea to go hiking alone in this kind of weather and with the amount of rain SoCal has had. The ground there can't absorb it which is why mudslides happen so often.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/15/11493...many-mudslides
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 01-21-2023 at 03:08 AM.

There's another hiker missing on Mt. Baldy. Why are all of these people hiking out there right now???

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nues-rcna67109

2nd hiker missing on Mount Baldy as search for actor Julian Sands continues

Can they close Mt. Baldy? This is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    There's another hiker missing on Mt. Baldy. Why are all of these people hiking out there right now???

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nues-rcna67109

2nd hiker missing on Mount Baldy as search for actor Julian Sands continues
    Because people are fucking stupid. Like Pidge said, they should close the trails. But of course people will STILL go there anyway.

In other news, I forgot about the name of this road

Snow-covered Mount Baldy is visible from Mount Disappointment Road in the San Gabriel Mountains in Altadena, Calif., on Feb. 18, 2021.

They found one but not Julian Sands.

"Julian Sands Still Missing After Other Mt. Baldy Hiker Found Alive, Brother Says: 'In My Heart He Has Gone'"

https://people.com/movies/mt-baldy-h...t-he-has-gone/

Authorities have found a hiker who went missing on Mount Baldy in California. Their search for Julian Sands continues nearly two weeks after he embarked on a hike at the same mountain.

On Tuesday, the San Bernardino County Sheriff announced in a release that Jim Chung, 75, has been located alive.

The Los Angeles man "suffered some weather-related injuries and a leg injury but was able to walk out with the assistance of the crew members," the sheriff's department said.

He was taken to a hospital. The sheriff's department did not share details on his condition.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

The hiker they found has been missing since Sunday, 1/22. Though I hope they find Julian, it isn't sounding too promising.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ds-disappeared

Yeah, it's not happening. Even if he had superior survival skills, the weather would have been way too cold for him to survive that long. It's snow up there right now so without a fire, he wouldn't be alive this long and if he had been able to start a fire? They would have spotted it right away. Unless he somehow was able to crawl in to a cave and start a fire inside of there that couldn't be detected, I'm sure he's gone. They'll have a hell of a time trying to find the body too as I'm sure the animals have had a field day with it already. Especially with the winter and food being so scarce.

At least he died the way he wanted to live. Appreciating nature. And feeding it.

How many people are up on this mountain???

https://news.yahoo.com/second-hiker-...104143206.html

Second hiker found in area in California where Julian Sands is missing

I posted this hiker was found up above. I think there were a total of 3 missing at one time.

There's a lot of stupid people in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I posted this hiker was found up above. I think there were a total of 3 missing at one time.
    Oh, I thought this was a different one from the one you posted. I knew there were three and thought you posted one and this was a different one. My bad.

I don't think they'll find his body. The animals have had at him by now. He likely went over the side somewhere and wouldn't have been easily spotted and now he's scattered. Perhaps someday a hiker bushwhacking will stumble upon a bone and they'll figure out it's a piece of him.

I just realized what I knew him from. Arachnophobia!

Yeah he ded.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://news.sky.com/story/julian-sa...actor-12798647

A man who goes hiking with the missing British actor Julian Sands has said it is obvious "something has gone wrong".

Sands, 65, went missing in the Baldy Bowl area of the San Gabriel mountains in southern California on 13 January.

Efforts to find him have been hampered by bad weather, the authorities have said. Helicopters were grounded on Thursday because of strong winds.

Fellow actor Kevin Ryan said Sands had embarked on a "tricky, dangerous hike" but is the "most advanced hiker I know".

However, he added that each day brings "more pressure" and "a lot of doubt".

Ryan, who has climbed Mount Baldy a number of times, met Sands on the set of 2014 US drama series Crossbones.

They became friends and started walking together.

"Julian is such an advanced hiker," Ryan, 38, said. "It's what he did. His whole life he was climbing mountains. It was a true passion of his.

"He is beyond experienced and I'm hoping that he's tucked away somewhere and can pull through."

Ryan warned, however, that Mount Baldy is a "different mountain" in the winter, "especially with how heavy weather has hit that area - that's a whole new trail".

He went on: "But that is something that Julian would have seen as a challenge, to go up in those conditions. He likes to push himself and he's done that.

"And, like anything, that makes you better, to push yourself in life. But in this situation, it's a very tricky, dangerous hike with these weather conditions.

"And obviously something has gone wrong. Hopefully with time we'll find out and hopefully it'll be the best result."

Ryan added: "The only reason I'm not out there joining the search party is because I'm filming right now in Ireland, otherwise I would be out there to give my support."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...3eda96ffce80ba

The county sheriff’s department in Southern California has given an update on its search for British actor Julian Sands, a month after he was reported missing in the Mount Baldy region of the San Gabriel mountains.

A spokesperson for the sheriff’s department said on Saturday:
    “Regarding the search for Julian Sands, we remain hopeful, but know the outcome may not be what we would like.

“Conditions on Mt Baldy remain a danger and our aviation division still patrols the area when they are available. We also plan to search the area by ground in the future.”

Sands was reported missing on January 13, after he failed to return from a hiking expedition in the region. Several searches by public and private parties have already been carried out. The actor is an experienced hiker and friends and family remain hopeful of his return.

Sands is known for his roles in films such as The Killing Fields, A Room with a View, Warlock, Arachnophobia, Boxing Helena and Leaving Las Vegas. On TV, he has appeared in 24, Smallville and Banshee.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

double
    Last edited by marshmallow; 02-12-2023 at 12:16 PM. Reason: my computer has issues

Thread Information