Thread: Asst. Coach Britt Reid (35), son of Chiefs Head Coach was driver in DUI crash

Asst. Coach Britt Reid (35), son of Chiefs Head Coach was driver in DUI crash

Chiefs assistant linebackers coach Britt Reid was involved in a multi-vehicle crash that injured two young children less than two days before the team was scheduled to depart for Super Bowl LV in Tampa, Florida.

Reid, 35, who is Chiefs head coach Andy Reid?s son, has worked on the team?s coaching staff since his father arrived before the 2013 season.

The Chiefs confirmed Friday in a statement to 41 Action News that Reid was involved in a crash Thursday night, which left a 5-year-old in critical condition at an area hospital and injured a 4-year-old child.

?The organization has been made aware of a multi-vehicle accident involving Outside Linebackers Coach, Britt Reid. We are in the process of gathering information, and we will have no further comment at this time. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved.?

The crash happened shortly after 9 p.m. on Thursday on southbound Interstate 435 near Eastwood Trafficway, which is one exit south of the Chiefs? practice facility at the Truman Sports Complex.

PREVIOUS COVERAGE | 5-year-old suffers life-threatening injuries in crash

According to Kansas City, Missouri, police, a Chevrolet Impala that had run out of gas was sitting on the entrance ramp from Stadium Drive to I-435.

The driver had called family for help, which arrived in a Chevrolet Traverse and parked in front of the disabled car.

While attempting to get the vehicle running again, a white Dodge Ram Laramie Sport pickup truck traveling on the entrance ramp ? which Britt Reid admitted to police he was driving, according to a search warrant ? struck the left front of the stranded Impala.

The driver of the stranded vehicle was inside the car at the time and wasn?t injured, but the Ram truck continued forward and also struck the right rear of the Traverse.

A 5-year-old child in the backseat of the Traverse suffered life-threatening injuries and a 4-year-old, also in the backseat, suffered non-life-threatening injuries, according to KCPD.

Both children were transported to a local hospital for treatment. A KCPD spokesman told 41 Action News late Friday night the 5-year-old remained in critical condition.

An adult passenger in the front seat of the Traverse was not injured in the crash. Reid received non-life-threatening injuries, investigators said.

KCPD said investigators were trying to determine whether driver impairment was a factor in the crash, which closed three of the interstate?s four lanes.

According to a search warrant filed just before midnight Thursday, a KCPD officer said they could smell "a moderate odor of alcoholic beverages" and that Britt Reid's eyes were bloodshot and red.

Britt Reid told the officer he'd had two to three drinks, according to the search warrant application. He also said said he took Adderall by prescription.

The officer wrote in the warrant that he observed signs of impairment, after which Reid complained of stomach pain and was transported to an area hospital for treatment.

Once at the hospital, the officer requested a blood draw from Britt Reid and a Jackson County judge approved the request. The search warrant application also references that a"a computer check revealed ... multiple prior DUI contacts."

Law enforcement also shut down the ramps from I-70 to southbound I-435 along with other interstate entrance ramps in the area to investigate and clear the wreck.

The Chiefs are scheduled to leave Saturday for Tampa, where Kansas City will face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Super Bowl LV at Raymond James Stadium.

Britt Reid is not expected to travel with the team, according to a report from Jason La Canfora.

Britt Reid, a Temple University graduate, served as a training camp intern for the Philadelphia Eagles on Andy?s staff in 2009. He spent the next two years as a graduate assistant at his alma mater before joining the Chiefs? staff in 2013.

Britt Reid spent his first two seasons in Kansas City as a defensive quality control coach. He was promoted to assistant defensive line coach in 2015.

During 2016-18, Britt Reid served as the Chiefs? defensive line coach before shifting to outside linebackers coach for the last two seasons.

Before coming to Kansas City, Britt Reid was arrested Jan. 30, 2007, for pointing a gun at another driver during a reported road-rage incident, according to ESPN.

According to Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, court records, he was sentenced to eight to 23 months in jail and five years of probation on Nov. 1, 2007, after pleading guilty to charges of carrying an unlicensed firearm, simple assault, possession of a controlled substance and possession of an instrument of crime in connection with incident.

Seven months after the January 2007 incident, Britt Reid was arrested again and charged with DUI: controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia on Aug. 23, 2007.

Britt Reid, whose initial bail from the road-rage incident was revoked after the DUI arrest, pleaded guilty in connection to the second arrest and received a sentence of one to six months on Feb. 1, 2008.

He received credit for time served before being paroled Feb. 7, 2008.

Britt Reid also was fined more than $10,000 for the two incidents and ordered to complete Drug Court, which he did in July 2012, according to Pennsylvania court records.
    https://www.kshb.com/sports/road-to-...ren-1-severely
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/11/us/br...spt/index.html

Britt Reid is no longer employed by Kansas City Chiefs, according to reports

https://fox4kc.com/sports/chiefs/for...year-old-girl/
    More than two months after former Kansas City Chiefs coach Britt Reid was involved in a crash that seriously injured a 5-year-old girl, the Jackson County Prosecutor?s Office charged him with DWI ? serious physical injury on Monday.

Court documents say Reid?s blood alcohol content was measured at .113 and he was driving 82 mph in 65 mph zone five seconds before the crash. This was a three-vehicle crash in early February near Arrowhead Stadium that left the girl in critical condition.

Reid surrendered to KCPD on Monday, was booked and posted bond between 2-3 p.m.

Reid?s attorneys released the following statement Monday afternoon:

?Mr. Reid voluntarily appeared before the court for his initial appearance and was released on conditions of bond. A status conference will be set in the future as is customary. There will be no further comment at this time.?

The prosecutor?s office began reviewing the case last week.
    Police release report surrounding Britt Reid?s crash that injured 5-year-old

Police say a driver in a Chevrolet Impala on the southbound ramp from Stadium Drive ran out of gas and called for help. Family in a Chevrolet Traverse showed up to help.

The crash report says a driver, Reid, in a white Dodge Ram Laramie pickup truck was traveling south on the ramp to get to I-435. According to charging documents, Reid hit the front left area of the Impala while traveling 83 miles per hour. He then rear-ended the Traverse traveling at 67 miles per hour.

The court documents show Reid told officers he was trying to merge onto the highway and looking over his left shoulder when he hit the Traverse.

At the scene, Reid also told officers he had about two or three drinks and had a prescription for Adderall.

Police conducted a sobriety test and saw four clues of impairment. He was taken to a hospital for emergency surgery for an injury to his groin.

Reid is no longer employed by the Chiefs, and the NFL is investigating and reviewing the incident.

The 5-year-old girl, Ariel, is still in the hospital after waking up from a coma on February 15, according to the last update from family. She is still receiving treatment for her brain injury. A GoFundMe page was started for her medical bills and has surpassed $540,000.

Charging documents show Ariel was located in the rear of the Traverse and the third seat folded over on top of her. She was not responsive at the crash scene.

Her injures are also documented. In addition to the severe traumatic brain injury, Ariel also suffered brain contusions, subdural hematomas, and a fracture of her left parietal lobe.

In a statement released after Reid was charged Monday, the Chiefs said, ?The Kansas City Chiefs organization remains steadfast in our concern for all who have been impacted by this tragic accident. Our prayers are focused on Ariel?s continued healing and recovery. The Chiefs are regularly in contact with the family?s designated representative during this challenging time.?
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    THIS fucker.

I can't even. Took MONTHS to charge him when he left a five year old in a wheelchair.

White Privilege HAS TO STOP.

He ADMITTED to drinking and having Adderall on board after the crash. Anyone else would be CRUCIFIED ON the SPOT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Just days after a former Kansas City Chiefs assistant coach took a plea deal that would see him serve no more than four years in prison for driving while intoxicated and causing a crash that left a 5-year-old girl with a traumatic brain injury, the child?s mother spoke out to share horrific details about the night of the incident. Speaking to ABC News on Wednesday, Felicia Miller said, ?I just remember looking in the mirror seeing him coming, like just full speed coming, and then all of a sudden everybody was knocked out.? She had been parked on the side of the road that night in February 2021 to help her cousin with a broken-down vehicle, when Britt Reid slammed his pickup truck into the family?s car. Six people were injured in the crash, including little Ariel Young, who Miller said didn?t recognize her after waking up in the hospital. Reid, 37, is also the son of Chiefs head coach Andy Reid. ?He?s just getting a slap on the wrist,? Miller told ABC, claiming that if Reid was ?anybody else,? the punishment would have been harsher. Reid will be sentenced in late October.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mother...=home?ref=home

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I firmly believe karma will eventually take care of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I firmly believe karma will eventually take care of him.
    I hope he dies. Painfully. Preferably in a fire.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I hope he dies. Painfully. Preferably in a fire.
    Channel that rage, Ang! I'm right there with you!
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Thread Information