Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cherish Lily Perrywinkle- 8 year old murdered by registered sex offender

Hopefully the next McDonald's burger he will get will be on his last meal

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Thanks for all the good info, Tupelo!!! :)
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Smith is currently being held without bail for Cherish Perrywinkle's abduction and murder. He allegedly befriended Perrywinkle's mother, Rayne Perrywinkle, Friday evening when she had trouble affording a new dress for Cherish at a Dollar General store.

The mother and her three children, including Cherish, went with Smith to the Jacksonville Walmart, where he said he would buy the family food and clothing. After spending a couple of hours at Walmart, Smith disappeared with Cherish. Her mother called police after realizing her daughter was missing.

When I see cases where a child is abducted and murdered, I see people always yelling "WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?!" You know, just how things can just happen so quickly. In this case? This woman needs to go to jail. Are you fucking kidding me? That poor baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Huh? you're a woman?

Hold the fuck on! They were at Walmart for a COUPLE HOURS with a "creepy and annoying" man driving a VAN and wanting to buy them shit out of the kindness of his heart?! I'm sorry...I know no parent should ever have to feel the pain of losing a child, but if you're THAT stupid, you should not be allowed to procreate! Hand over your uterus card immediately! How long do you think she was actually gone before mom even noticed?!?

RIP, little Cherish. :(

I want pics of these weirdos.

Cherish (photo from Fox/WTEV):

Look at her ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    I want pics of these weirdos.
    Suspect Donald James Smith (AP photo from HuffPo):

Momma Rayne Perrywinnkle on left (photo from Florida Times-Union, Rayne pictured with 5-year-old daughter Destiny):

Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I can see both sides. Here is a man offering to supply your child with desperately needed items and maybe not being such a good judge of character because you are SO DESPERATE (survival mode) to provide for your child. And then because I can provide for my child I think OMG what the FUCK?????
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    I can see both sides. Here is a man offering to supply your child with desperately needed items and maybe not being such a good judge of character because you are SO DESPERATE (survival mode) to provide for your child. And then because I can provide for my child I think OMG what the FUCK?????
    Yeah, Me too. I've been reading some stuff about this case this morning.

I don't know why, but I just don't like this mother at all. Every article I've read about her just makes me.....I don't know....pissed.

Here is one article where the reporter follows Rayne around for awhile. It's a huge article, which is why I'm not copy pasting the whole thing. There are things in the article that make me hmmmmm.

http://jacksonville.com/news/2013-06...ywinkles-death

Then you have this statement in an old article.
    She said the man took Cherish to the dressing room at Walmart twice, as the JSO dispatch center report states, but she made sure Smith never entered the fitting room. Perrywinkle said Smith kept handing items to Cherish to try on and even wanted her to buy a pair of high heels. "Woman shoes," Perrywinkle said when she referred to the heels.
    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...-disappearance

Then you have this bit of information.
    Cherish was born after her mother, an exotic dancer, and her father, a sailor, had a one-night stand in 2004. Perrywinkle, 45, sued the father, Billy Jarreau, 43, for child support three years later, and the two fought for custody of the girl for the rest of her life. They traded accusations over how the girl got head lice and how she was dressed, as well as money.

In April 2010, a court-appointed evaluator recommended that Cherish live with her father – who, by that time, had moved to California with his new wife. The evaluator wrote that "neither parent was perfect" and acknowledged that it was the hardest case he had ever tackled.

The evaluator said that Jarreau "hasn't shown himself to be a real enthusiastic player in terms of parental involvement," and noted that it might be difficult for Cherish to move across the country away from her mother. But Perrywinkle had some troubling issues, the report noted, including eviction, a lack of money and some admitted mental health issues that led her to make poor choices.

"I fear for the child's future living with Ms. Perrywinkle," wrote evaluator Robert Wood. "I do not make my recommendation lightly. I have given many, many hours of thought to the case."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3516998.html

In the same article, it states this:
    So he offered to buy the dress for Cherish, who was supposed to fly to California the next day to visit her father, and the family climbed into his van and headed to Wal-Mart.
    I really hate to be so negative, but all this makes me feel a little icky about the mom.

that poor girl. The system let her down. Her mom is a hot mess, yes. But this guy never should have been released.
    Jenn

Things like this make me wonder how people oppose the death penalty. Someone *repeatedly* victimizes children in the worst way... But I know all the arguments and we don't need a 6,884th thread about it. But I'd prefer this fucker stopped breathing my air.

I've been too lazy to post updates on this thread even though I knew stuff was happening, so I have several articles to share ... including one that I'll post in a separate comment.

First, in August, Momma Froot Loops was Baker Acted.

http://host-45.242.54.159.gannett.co...o-hurt-herself

Rayne Perrywinkle, the mother of murdered Jacksonville 8-year-old is taken into protective custody after allegedly threatening to hurt herself

(Aug. 19, 2013) JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Rayne Perrywinkle, the mother of murdered 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle, was Baker Acted Sunday, allegedly for trying to hurt herself.

According to a police report obtained by First Coast News, officers were summoned by boyfriend Aharon Pearson, who told police, "ever since Cherish was killed, she has lost her desire to live and has been acting out in violent rages."

Pearson told officers that Perrywinkle had been throwing plates and cups against the wall, and that he was injured by the flying glass, according to the report.

Officers took Perrywinkle into custody after she allegedly threatened to kill herself.

Rayne Perrywinkle had been scheduled to go before Circuit Court Judge David Gooding Tuesday, part of a series of court appearances attempting to regain custody of her two other daughters, ages six and four. The girls were taken by the state Department of Children and Families in early July.

Pearson told First Coast news he plans on asking for sole custody of their children during the hearing at 1:30 Tuesday.

Pearson says he wants things to work out with Rayne, but she has turned this in to "a war".

Rayne Perrywinkle has been released from the Baker Act, according to Pearson.

Last month, it was decided that Cherish's sisters will remain in foster care.

http://members.jacksonville.com/news...e-custody-case

Perrywinkle's children will remain in foster care

(Nov. 21, 2013) Rayne Perrywinkle and Aharon Pearson's children will remain in foster care after a three-minute custody hearing Thursday afternoon in a Jacksonville courtroom.

The state removed the 4- and 6-year-old sisters from Perrywinkle in July after 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle was abducted June 21 from a Lem Turner Road Walmart, sexually assaulted, strangled and dumped in a wooded area near a church.

Donald James Smith, a 56-year-old sex offender, was arrested and charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping and sexual battery early June 22.

Spokesman John Harrell of the Department of Children and Families said in an early July interview he couldn't discuss details of the case but taking away her children wasn't done as punishment. He said the department's primary concern was the safety of the children.

A person speaking on behalf of the state Thursday recommended the courts "maintain the status quo" and keep the children in foster care.

Currently Pearson has limited visitation rights and Perrywinkle has no visitation with the children, a court official said.

"They are doing great and receiving all the services that they need," a child care advocate said.

Both Pearson and Perrywinkle attended the hearing but didn?t speak before Magistrate Denise DeLorenza decided to accept the state's recommendation. Perrywinkle declined comment after the hearing and Pearson left the courthouse.

Children and Families was frequently in contact with Perrywinkle before the July abduction of her daughter.

In total, Children and Families investigated the welfare of the children five times, documents released in July show.

The first was in January 2006 and the most recent investigation released began May 2012, records show.

"We did not find any evidence that Cherish was in serious danger or significant risk," Harrell previously told the Times-Union.

The next custody hearing was scheduled for Feb. 20 at 1:30 p.m.

In October, a bunch of documents were released. Here's a pdf: http://www.scribd.com/doc/179999676/...-investigation. It's pretty awful to read.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...tates-evidence

Flood of documents in Cherish Perrywinkle case offers graphic look at the state's evidence

(Oct. 29, 2013) JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The photographs are stark; the written words graphic beyond measure.

Monday's flood of documents released in the Cherish Perrywinkle murder case included both evidence photos and autopsy results. It also included DNA evidence that investigators say ties the accused, Donald Smith, to the case with a probability of 1 in 35 quintillion.

Smith has pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and kidnapping in the case. He is currently housed at the Duval County Pre-Trial Detention Facility.

Several supplemental reports from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office also give a fuller picture of Smith's state at the time of his arrest.

According to JSO, Smith was soaking wet when his van was discovered hours after Cherish Periwinkle's disappearance. Smith allegedly told police he was damp because he'd been smoking crack cocaine with prostitutes all night, and that the drug made him sweat.

He initially denied knowledge of the girl's disappearance. When informed surveillance video showed him leaving the Lem Turner Walmart with her, he allegedly acknowledged she'd been in his car, but said she'd jumped out at a stop light.

Prosecutors also released first-time recordings Smith and his mother, Patricia Smith, speaking to law enforcement in an unrelated 2009 case.

Smith's mother, Patricia Moore, can be heard telling investigators in that case, "I don't know if you've gone back into his record, but ... he has never touched a child. He's never around children. Children are not, like, his thing."

The state release of documents is required by law, to allow the defense to prepare for trial. We are continuing to comb through the data and will have more information on First Coast News at 11.

I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Ok ... In September, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office disciplined some officers over the response to Cherish's abduction (article below). However, it is Momma Rayne's response to the JSO situation that really just rubs me the wrong way. There's a video at this link: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topsto...-would-be-here. She obviously can't/won't accept responsibility for the very poor choices she made that contributed to her daughter's death. I really do pity this woman, but she just seems like such a FLAKE.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mostpop...dxO4mC2kA.cspx

JSO admits to mistakes in Cherish Perrywinkle abduction

(Sept. 19, 2013) JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is disciplining several officers after an internal investigation into the agency's response into the abduction of Cherish Perrywinkle.

The investigation was launched on June 28 by Sheriff John Rutherford, after several reports were filed within the department.

"There were things that should have been done that did not get done," said Undersheriff Dwayne Senterfitt during a press conference Thursday evening, following the conclusion of the seven week investigation.

Now, Sgt. Lonnie Mills and Lt. Rob Schoonover have been reprimanded and moved from the homicide unit after an internal affairs investigation showed proper procedures were not followed in the Cherish Perrywinkle case. Four communications officers were also given written warnings: Phyllis C. Leonard, Joseph E. Fooshee III, Debi A. Williams and P.L. Robinson.

The 8-year-old girl was abducted from a Walmart on Lem Turner Road on June 21.

"It should have been dispatched as an abduction. It was dispatched as a missing person," said Senterfitt.

Senterfitt says the officer who took the very first 911 call from Rayne Perrywinkle, Cherish's mother, has been suspended for three days. The report details that the officer did not think Rayne Perrywinkle's call was real.

Another communications officer has been reprimanded for failing to quickly call in the air unit, and the sergeant and lieutenant in charge of the communications division that night both received warnings for not taking steps to notify the public information officer.

"When they began receiving more details they should have upgraded that call, called the PIO to get this to the media."

The internal investigation also revealed that two well-known officers within the homicide unit failed to act appropriately.

Senterfitt says Sgt. Lonnie Mills notified his superior, Lt. Rob Schoonover, of the case early on and requested an Amber Alert, but has been reprimanded and moved out of the homicide division for not calling in everyone available.

"He really failed to acquire additional resources. We have a CART team, a child abduction response team, and those resources could have been used in a case like this."

Senterfitt says Mills called Schoonover twice that night, but Schoonover never came to the scene. The report outlines that Schoonover had just returned from a trip out of town, and went back to bed after briefly speaking with Mills to approve the Amber Alert, his first as a homicide lieutenant.

Schoonover now faces a three day suspension without pay and has also been moved out of the homicide unit.

"The first time he was told that they have video of a man taking a girl out of Walmart. The second time he was told we think it's an abduction and we need to do an Amber Alert and neither of those jarred him to get up and get out of bed to go to the scene. If there's ever a call that a lieutenant should get out of bed and go to, it's a child abduction."

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement issued an Amber Alert early the next morning.

Police recovered Cherish Perrywinkle's body behind a church hours later, and later that day arrested registered sex offender Donald Smith in her death.

Senterfitt doesn't fault what the officers did that night, but says it's what they didn't do that resulted in their punishments.

"To have identified the victim, the suspect, and found them both in a matter of 10 hours is remarkable," says Senterfitt, "but we could have done more. Do I think we would have found her in time to save her? Probably not, but if that was your 8-year-old little girl, wouldn't you want us to try?"

Mills and Schoonover have both been moved to the patrol division.

Schoonover and Robinson will be given the opportunity to appeal their suspensions without pay.

Rayne Perrywinkle was not notified of the report until it was announced to the media Thursday. She believes police did not do everything they could do to save her daughter.

http://members.jacksonville.com/news...xecution-would

Donald Smith, arrested in Cherish Perrywinkle abduction, says execution would be 'simple, happy and peaceful'

(Dec. 5, 2013) Prosecutors want to execute Donald James Smith for the rape and murder of 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle. According to newly released police reports, that is something Smith might welcome.

Thursday the State Attorney's Office released 189-pages of police reports detailing what dozens of officers did during the search for Cherish and the eventual arrest of Smith. The documents were requested by The Florida Times-Union under public records laws.

Smith was arrested June 22. A few days later when he was brought into a police interview room to photograph bruising on his body, a police officer asked him if there was anything he needed. Smith asked police to call his mother to hire Ann Finnell, a prominent defense attorney.

But while walking back to his cell, Smith changed his mind.

"Tell my mother don't call Ann Finnell," Smith said. "They're going to kill me anyway. There's no sense spending the money."

Smith's mother also visited him in jail July 19. Police recorded the meeting, and Smith told his mother he couldn't go to prison because he knew he would be raped and murdered there.

He talked about how if he was on Death Row, his death would be "simple, happy and peaceful."

Death Row inmates are also segregated from the regular prisoner population, meaning Smith wouldn't have to fear reprisal from as many people.

Smith, 57, is accused of befriending Rayne Perrywinkle and her young children at the Dollar General store on June 21 and convincing them all to go to Walmart in his van after offering to buy them clothes and food.

Perrywinkle told police that about 11 p.m. Smith offered to buy the family hamburgers at the McDonald's inside the Walmart on Lem Turner Road. Perrywinkle let her daughter go with him. They did not return.

Cherish's body was found near a creek off Broward Road. Police found her wedged underneath an old tree that had fallen in the grassy marsh area of the creek.

Smith was arrested after his van was stopped on Interstate 95.

The police reports released on Thursday also shed light on why there was a delay in notifying the chain of command and media about the abduction. Lt. Rob Schoonover, then the leader of the Sheriff?s Office homicide unit, Sgt. Lonnie Mills, who led the squad of detectives called to the crime scene, and four communications officers were reprimanded for how they handled notifications and alerts in the abduction.

The internal investigation said Mills "had concerns regarding the mother's response to her child, and felt it was not unrealistic that the mother could have been lying."

The police reports spell that out in more detail.

Soon after police arrived at the Walmart, Perrywinkle told police she didn't want Cherish to go to California to see her father, as she was scheduled to do the next day. This led police to suspect Perrywinkle may have staged the abduction to keep her daughter from her dad.

Officers at the scene noticed a lack of tears when Perrywinkle was crying, found it odd that she and her boyfriend started arguing over purchases she made at the Dollar General and were surprised to hear her repeatedly say she believed Cherish had probably been raped and murdered in a matter of fact voice that displayed no emotion.

But those suspicions were dropped when they saw video of Smith taking Cherish out of the store. The Department of Children and Family Services later removed Perrywinkle's two younger children from her home and put them in foster care, saying they were doing it for the safety of the children.

Those children are still in foster care.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    Things like this make me wonder how people oppose the death penalty. Someone *repeatedly* victimizes children in the worst way... But I know all the arguments and we don't need a 6,884th thread about it. But I'd prefer this fucker stopped breathing my air.
    Donald Smith, arrested in Cherish Perrywinkle abduction, says execution would be 'simple, happy and peaceful'

That's how.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Also the death penalty is an opaque subject with a myriad of factors contributing to why I ultimately oppose it, my moral objections being secondary to legal reasons.

I have mixed feelings on the DP. There are some that life in prison is way more torturous than than being executed. This one...No DP, give him life, throw him in with the sodomites and let him relive the pain that he caused when he raped and murdered this baby for the rest of his life. Let the punishment fit the crime.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Sex offender's need to be locked up and the key thrown away.
    What key?

I just finished reading all the legal documents and yes, very disturbing indeed but, what the hell is wrong with Rayne ??!!

Who allows not only themselves, but your 3 children to ride with a stranger anywhere, then forget you have a daughter
    for a couple hours in a public place, who does this??? I am so fucking angry I could eat fire!

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    What key?

I just finished reading all the legal documents and yes, very disturbing indeed but, what the hell is wrong with Rayne ??!!

Who allows not only themselves, but your 3 children to ride with a stranger anywhere, then forget you have a daughter
    for a couple hours in a public place, who does this??? I am so fucking angry I could eat fire!

Yeah, while Rayne clearly has some screws loose, I have a hard time feeling a lot of sympathy for her ... especially after that video of her blaming everyone but herself. Clearly, we could say, "If Rayne had/had not [fill in the blank], Cherish would still be here." Who the hell puts their THREE LITTLE GIRLS in a van with some weirdo to ride from one store to another, after he makes up a story about his "wife" having a WM gift card, and they've already been standing around at Dollar General waiting for a wife that never showed up? He could have killed Rayne and then raped and murdered ALL THREE of those babies.

I appreciate that the sheriff recognized mistakes made by his people; however, like the sheriff said, I don't think it made a difference in whether Cherish lived or died. And why WOULDN'T the cops think she and her hubby were possibly lying when they were acting like a couple of screwballs? From the last article I posted:

The police reports released on Thursday also shed light on why there was a delay in notifying the chain of command and media about the abduction. Lt. Rob Schoonover, then the leader of the Sheriff's Office homicide unit, Sgt. Lonnie Mills, who led the squad of detectives called to the crime scene, and four communications officers were reprimanded for how they handled notifications and alerts in the abduction.

The internal investigation said Mills "had concerns regarding the mother's response to her child, and felt it was not unrealistic that the mother could have been lying."

The police reports spell that out in more detail.

Soon after police arrived at the Walmart, Perrywinkle told police she didn't want Cherish to go to California to see her father, as she was scheduled to do the next day. This led police to suspect Perrywinkle may have staged the abduction to keep her daughter from her dad.

Officers at the scene noticed a lack of tears when Perrywinkle was crying, found it odd that she and her boyfriend started arguing over purchases she made at the Dollar General and were surprised to hear her repeatedly say she believed Cherish had probably been raped and murdered in a matter of fact voice that displayed no emotion.

Who argues about what was purchased at Dollar freakin General when your child is missing?

I'm so glad the two other girls were not returned to Rayne and whatever his name is.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Yeah, while Rayne clearly has some screws loose, I have a hard time feeling a lot of sympathy for her ... especially after that video of her blaming everyone but herself. Clearly, we could say, "If Rayne had/had not [fill in the blank], Cherish would still be here." Who the hell puts their THREE LITTLE GIRLS in a van with some weirdo to ride from one store to another, after he makes up a story about his "wife" having a WM gift card, and they've already been standing around at Dollar General waiting for a wife that never showed up? He could have killed Rayne and then raped and murdered ALL THREE of those babies.

I appreciate that the sheriff recognized mistakes made by his people; however, like the sheriff said, I don't think it made a difference in whether Cherish lived or died. And why WOULDN'T the cops think she and her hubby were possibly lying when they were acting like a couple of screwballs? From the last article I posted:

Who argues about what was purchased at Dollar freakin General when your child is missing?

I'm so glad the two other girls were not returned to Rayne and whatever his name is.
    In this case Tupelo, behind door number 2......Poor.White.TRASH. That's who argues about stupid shite at a time like this.

I hope and pray those two maggots never ever see those precious girls again.

I also beLIEve I read somewhere Acyd~Rayne told Cherish if she died, she would go to heaven. Oh no, she didn't!!

Put her away and let prison justice take it's course.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/ne.../?nmredir=true

A glimpse inside of the mind of an accused child killer

(May 5, 2015) DUVAL COUNTY, Fla. - Soon, the family of 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle will watch the 57-year-old man arrested in connection with her slaying, stand trial.

While her son faces justice, Donald Smith's mother is dealing with the tragedy and working to heal from it. In a videotaped counseling session, Patricia Moore morphs from bewilderment to later understanding that she may have missed some very important warning signs in her son.

Moore knew she was being recorded, and agreed that it could be released.

"I'm Patricia Moore, my son is Donald James Smith," said in a taped counseling session between the mother of Donald 'Don' Smith and Dr. Kaye Smith, a sex abuse counselor. "Don is accused of kidnapping, raping and killing Cherish Perrywinkle."

"I was never led to believe there was anything emotionally wrong with him, only maybe depression and drugs," Moore said.

Moore said her son was first arrested in 1977 for exposing himself to children, but she thought it was a misunderstanding. He was then arrested for sex-related offenses in the '80s and '90s.

"As Don's mother, I know the loving side of Don. I never thought in a million years I could ever believe my son could be capable of hurting another person," Moore said in the tape.

"Most sociopaths have a very good side to them. They pick up your mail while you're on vacation. Donald Smith fell right into that. He had a lot of people that loved him," said Dr. Kaye Smith. "But then again, they can have another side of them where their demons are screaming. There's no doubt in my mind, Donald Smith?s demons were screaming."

Smith was also charged in 2003 with pretending to be a Florida Department of Children and Families worker and calling a 9-year-old girl, asking her sexual questions and threatening her family. But, Dr. Kaye Smith said these are all signs of a sociopath.

When Smith was sentenced to three years in prison under the Jimmy Rice Act, he was supposed to get intense counseling.

"I believe each step he could've been crying out for help and no one was listening to the mind of the offender. He was under the Jimmy Rice Act, that alone could've stopped him but it didn't," Dr. Kaye Smith said.

Moore said, "He indicated the whole time he was there, there was very little therapy, counselors were dismissed or fired, others hired. But, the whole program was ineffective."

Smith checked himself in at UF Health Jacksonville for help days after being released from prison. He reportedly wanted to be placed under the Baker Act, under which he was held for four to five days.

Moore said Smith was sent home with a list of names for appointments. But, within days he met a mother at a Northside store with her daugthers. Cherish Perrywinkle's mother followed Smith, who had befriended her and her children, to a Walmart where he promised to get them food. Officers with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said a surveillance image shows Smith leaving the store with Perrywinkle. Hours later, the girl was found dead. Her body dumped behind a church off Broward Road.

Moore said Smith insisted that she sell his van before he was released from prison. But, she didn't because she wanted him to work and support himself.

Moore said Smith talked about Perrywinkle and believes her son wanted to tell her more about meeting the little girl and her mother, maybe even confess; however, their visits were cut off.

"First time, I met with Don on a visitation, he tried to relay some things to me. One of the things he tried to tell me was the fact he and Cherish prayed together," Moore said.

Moore says all she has to offer is a heartfelt, "If I could just relay to Ms. Perrywinkle how deeply, deeply sorry I am for the loss and how I feel for her as a mother, I'm deeply sorry about that."

"In Mrs. Moore's case, she believed everything this man said to her, she wanted to believe the best for her son," Dr. Kaye Smith said when asked if he thought Moore was in denial.

"I can't stop hoping we get it right, and understand the mind of pedophiles, that we question the mind of an offender. We have no choice; we don't live in Kansas anymore," Dr. Kaye Smith said.

A handful of bills have passed the Florida House and Senate to jail sexual offenders and predators longer and order them to a psychiatric review once they complete their sentences.

Here's an older article that gives a lot of detail about Smith's criminal history: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...lly-feared-sex

His first recorded brush with trouble came in 1974 as a 17-year-old when police charged him with burning a stolen car. His crimes against children began three years later when he stopped his mother's green convertible outside a home where two girls, ages 5 and 8, were selling Cokes and masturbated in front of them.

"Do you want some of this?" he asked the victims before driving off.
    Smith's deviance resurfaced in late 1992 when he tried to lure a 13-year-old girl into his van near an elementary school, then hunted her down after she fled and hid in a culvert pipe.

"You'll have to come out some time," he said.

Smith eventually gave up, but an hour later flashed a pornographic picture at two other girls, ages 13 and 14, and tried to lure them into the van in the same neighborhood. They fled and police later arrested Smith, whose 15-year prison sentence for attempted kidnapping and showing obscene materials to minors got cut to six years upon appeal.

There's a handful of kids I'll never forget out of the thousands & thousands who died horrible deaths at the hands of adults. Cherish is definitely one of them. Her mum could've stopped this story rolling on to it's horrible conclusion at so many points that day.

Poor baby

Last edited by blighted star; 05-08-2015 at 10:40 AM.

Too bad they put chomos in segregation for their protection. Ugh.

There's so fucking many of them now though that with any luck there's a hierarchy based on level of depravity & filth like this will cop it from the filth who want to prove they're not like them.

911 calls/video at the link.

Her mother said she had a "bad feeling" about him but still let Cherish go with him because she didn't want to seem "overprotective." FFS. And he had been trying to buy Cherish high heel shoes. It all makes me want to throw up.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...een-sheds-new#

Surveillance video, 911 calls reveal critical moments in Cherish Perrywinkle's disappearance

(March 23, 2016) Donald James Smith, 59, is charged in the abduction, rape and strangulation of the 8-year-old and he is waiting for a date to be set in his death-penalty trial.

"I'm hoping he's not raping her right now because I've had that done to me and it's not fun," Cherish's mother, Rayne Perrywinkle said to the operator in the 911 recordings from the night her daughter went missing.

Prosecutors say Smith befriended Cherish, her mother and siblings at a Dollar General store in and convinced them to go to Wal-Mart on Lem Turner Road in his van after offering to buy them clothes and food.

Perrywinkle described the van to the 911 operator as a white van with carpet inside but she couldn't remember the licence plate number, according to the audio.

"I didn't look at that [the tag], I feel like a fool," Perrywinkle said to the 911 operator.

Perrywinkle told police that Smith offered to buy the family hamburgers at the McDonald's inside the Wal-Mart. Cherish went with him to get the food, and they did not return.

Perrywinkle told the 911 operator she had a cart full of clothes for her children that the man she was with promised to pay for with a gift card but she felt bad because employees would have to return all the clothes.

"I don't want him to kill her, I don't want to be one of those parents that are going through this," Perrywinkle told the 911 operator. "I feel responsible because I told him when I first met him that I was a little bit scared of him because I thought he was waiting to rob us outside the Dollar General because he was just standing there."

At the end of the first call to 911, Perrywinkle told the operator she was going outside the store and couldn?t see the van she came in. She then said she saw two police cars and the operator told her to go talk to the officers.

Seconds later that first call was over.

"I'm hoping he's not raping her right now because I've had that done to me and it's not fun," Cherish's mother, Rayne Perrywinkle said to the operator in the 911 recordings from the night her daughter went missing.
    Not fun???
    This woman is whack

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

Thread Information