Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun Time Breastfeeding Pic on Time Magazine Stirs Debate

Have you taken a whiff around breastfeeding women. Rotten breast milk smells horrible and there is always that residue on the titties and clothing as well as in the baby's mouth. Combine that with a kid that shits his pants, and the fact that the mom has no time to properly shower and it's a recipe for disaster. Plus they are on the bigger side so they sweat more.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I don't really feel drawn to look at guys' dicks when they're peeing. I'm just kind of like, thanks for making that smell like shit!
    I wouldn't say anyone is drawn to looking (not normal people at least), I mean, sometimes it just happens. No one is asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

This topic is VERY touchy for me lately, since I have a 7 week baby and this whole debate almost threw me into a state of postpardem depression. I wasn't set on breastfeeding at all, in fact, my only reasons for wanting to try it were kind of selfish (it was free, and it would help me lose the baby weight faster), and if only I had known what I was in for. It all started in the hospital where since I had put on my paper that I wanted to breast feed, it was as if they weren't gonna let me leave unless I was breastfeeding dammit! Needless to say, it didn't go well, it hurt me terrible - I was miserable which ruined the whole feeding experience for me. I didn't want to dread his feedings, so I stopped, and you would've think I wanted to abandon my baby they way people reacted. One of the lactation consultants actually told me I was "giving up on him". I literally cried the first two weeks of his life because these women made me feel terrible about my decision. My mom and husband were PISSED at these ladies. I was too, but they made me feel so guilt ridden I couldn't get passed the guilt to feel anger. Stupid wenches. My baby is THRIVING on formula, doing amazing, and is the happiest, most well adjusted 7 week old I've ever seen. So eff off all you stupid lactation consultants who made me feel like I wasn't "mom enough". I was mom enough to push him out after only 7 hours labor, have TONS of stitches, and even fracture my tailbone in the process, but since I couldn't handle breast feeding - I'm a terrible mom? I don't think so. It was enraging. So this Time cover really pissed me off when I saw it.

Sidenote: why do all women feel the need to ask me if I'm nursing when they see I have a brand new baby??? Isn't that a little rude? It's none of their business in my opinion. Especially when if I say no they give me responses like "oh that's too bad" or "but you do know that's best for the baby right?" so. enraging. I finally got the point where I just say yes so bitches leave me the hell alone. Once when I just said yes so I wouldn't have to hear any snide opinions, the lady responded with "I can tell, he's thriving". Yes, strange woman in Target, he is: ON SIMILAC.

Moral of the story is: I'm not breastfeeding, and my baby is amazing, and no, he hasn't turned to plastic yet. So yes, I AM MOM ENOUGH.

aaaand end rant. sorry for the typo's.

There are two things total strangers all think they're experts at based on their own experience: child rearing and dog rearing. It's so annoying.

Deb, my one experience with my oldest was similar to yours and it was really hard on my emotions. Everytime I had a child, my emotions would be at their peak and there was always someone to have something negative to say about anything I did, especially breastfeeding.

If some of these lactation consultants, midwives, dr's would really sit down with an expectant mother and be really open and understanding about breast feeding, I think women would feel like they had way more support while they were super raw in their feelings.
    I really don't think it's selfish to do it because it's cheaper or to help you drop the weight faster. Im sure that you, in some way were thinking about your childs health as well.

I was trying to remember if anyone ever really asked me if I was BF'ing besides ya know, my dr, or my mom or sister and I don't thik that's happened to me personally but I don't think I would like someone who didnt know me asking such a personal thing. I always hated the fact that any and everyone around me felt extremely confident in reaching out and rubbing/touching my belly when they didnt even know me. Ive always thought tht was rude. My god, ask first and why the hell do you want tot ouch my belly if you dont know me. LOL, it was just weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Deb, my one experience with my oldest was similar to yours and it was really hard on my emotions. Everytime I had a child, my emotions would be at their peak and there was always someone to have something negative to say about anything I did, especially breastfeeding.

If some of these lactation consultants, midwives, dr's would really sit down with an expectant mother and be really open and understanding about breast feeding, I think women would feel like they had way more support while they were super raw in their feelings.
    I really don't think it's selfish to do it because it's cheaper or to help you drop the weight faster. Im sure that you, in some way were thinking about your childs health as well.

I was trying to remember if anyone ever really asked me if I was BF'ing besides ya know, my dr, or my mom or sister and I don't thik that's happened to me personally but I don't think I would like someone who didnt know me asking such a personal thing. I always hated the fact that any and everyone around me felt extremely confident in reaching out and rubbing/touching my belly when they didnt even know me. Ive always thought tht was rude. My god, ask first and why the hell do you want tot ouch my belly if you dont know me. LOL, it was just weird to me.
    Off topic, but a lady rubbed my belly and asked me when I was due. I wasn't pregnant! I've just gotten fat from the steroids and haven't lost it yet. I just looked at her and told her that I wasn't pregnant, just fat. She just walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Off topic, but a lady rubbed my belly and asked me when I was due. I wasn't pregnant! I've just gotten fat from the steroids and haven't lost it yet. I just looked at her and told her that I wasn't pregnant, just fat. She just walked away.
    I've had this happen to me. I weighed 130 lbs at the time and a (stranger) girl asked me how far along I was. I just looked at her and said, "yeah, I drink a lot of beer. I'm not pregnant.". The worst part is that she insisted that I must be and that I should really take a pregnancy test.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

omg women can be so stupid. good thing none of us are. :) ya'll ladies got some good heads on your shoulders.

and SO agree with this. 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Pajamas View Post
    I've had this happen to me. I weighed 130 lbs at the time and a (stranger) girl asked me how far along I was. I just looked at her and said, "yeah, I drink a lot of beer. I'm not pregnant.". The worst part is that she insisted that I must be and that I should really take a pregnancy test.
    omg. I know it's not funny, but I still laughed a little. I didn't think it was funny, right when it happened, to me. But, I laugh at it now. I was always tall and skinny and am just now getting use to being the chubby girl. I have gained all of my weight in my midsection, so I can understand why someone would think I'm pregnant, but it's still not ok to ask a stranger when you're due. I have NOT gained any tit weight and I would think that would be a give-a-way that I am not pregnant.

omg. I know it's not funny, but I still laughed a little. I didn't think it was funny, right when it happened, to me. But, I laugh at it now. I was always tall and skinny and am just now getting use to being the chubby girl. I have gained all of my weight in my midsection, so I can understand why someone would think I'm pregnant, but it's still not ok to ask a stranger when you're due. I have NOT gained any tit weight and I would think that would be a give-a-way that I am not pregnant.
    No, it was definitely funny. I was so confused, though. I'm really not a big girl, but I do carry any extra weight like a man (right in the beer belly). Yeah, though. 130 lbs, definitely not big enough for a stranger to insist that I MUST have a fetus in there.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

The last part is just hilarious.

No, it was definitely funny. I was so confused, though. I'm really not a big girl, but I do carry any extra weight like a man (right in the beer belly). Yeah, though. 130 lbs, definitely not big enough for a stranger to insist that I MUST have a fetus in there.
    You should have told her, "well yeah, technically. I eated it."
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

I got lectured once for smoking while prego. I hadn't even started my massive weight gain yet, I was just wearing a baby doll shirt. I didn't even try to be nice, I was just like "I'm not fucking pregnant bitch."

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I got lectured once for smoking while prego. I hadn't even started my massive weight gain yet, I was just wearing a baby doll shirt. I didn't even try to be nice, I was just like "I'm not fucking pregnant bitch."
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

hahaha, when i was pregnant with noah, i was working at wal mart and i was always asked how far along i was, if i knew what the sex was, etc. It wasnt a big deal at first but then it wore on me.

My P.E teacher from Junrior high that was a total fucking bitch to a lot of us came thru my line. Im not sure if she recognized me or not, i mean it had been a number of years. She asked me when my baby was due and i said 'oh, im not pregnant'. She totally froze and i let her do that for like a minute that im sure felt like an eternity to her before i told her i was like 52 months pregnant.

Not so much a passive aggressive mommy nazi:

http://jezebel.com/breastfeeding/

Not so much a passive aggressive mommy nazi:

http://jezebel.com/breastfeeding/
    Wow. She looks super tough and pissed off like WTF on that cover but when she talks, she comes across wayyyy different. Not at all what I expected. I wonder how genuine she was in that interview and what kind of real backlash she has gotten personally if any.

FTR, I thought she did sound genuine which was just so different than what I thought she would sound after seeing that picture.

Wow. She looks super tough and pissed off like WTF on that cover but when she talks, she comes across wayyyy different. Not at all what I expected. I wonder how genuine she was in that interview and what kind of real backlash she has gotten personally if any.

FTR, I thought she did sound genuine which was just so different than what I thought she would sound after seeing that picture.
    Yeah I mean, the picture is super posed. I like that she freely admits her method is not for everyone.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post

BABIES DON'T GIVE A FUCK
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    This topic is VERY touchy for me lately, since I have a 7 week baby and this whole debate almost threw me into a state of postpardem depression. I wasn't set on breastfeeding at all, in fact, my only reasons for wanting to try it were kind of selfish (it was free, and it would help me lose the baby weight faster), and if only I had known what I was in for. It all started in the hospital where since I had put on my paper that I wanted to breast feed, it was as if they weren't gonna let me leave unless I was breastfeeding dammit! Needless to say, it didn't go well, it hurt me terrible - I was miserable which ruined the whole feeding experience for me. I didn't want to dread his feedings, so I stopped, and you would've think I wanted to abandon my baby they way people reacted. One of the lactation consultants actually told me I was "giving up on him". I literally cried the first two weeks of his life because these women made me feel terrible about my decision. My mom and husband were PISSED at these ladies. I was too, but they made me feel so guilt ridden I couldn't get passed the guilt to feel anger. Stupid wenches. My baby is THRIVING on formula, doing amazing, and is the happiest, most well adjusted 7 week old I've ever seen. So eff off all you stupid lactation consultants who made me feel like I wasn't "mom enough". I was mom enough to push him out after only 7 hours labor, have TONS of stitches, and even fracture my tailbone in the process, but since I couldn't handle breast feeding - I'm a terrible mom? I don't think so. It was enraging. So this Time cover really pissed me off when I saw it.

Sidenote: why do all women feel the need to ask me if I'm nursing when they see I have a brand new baby??? Isn't that a little rude? It's none of their business in my opinion. Especially when if I say no they give me responses like "oh that's too bad" or "but you do know that's best for the baby right?" so. enraging. I finally got the point where I just say yes so bitches leave me the hell alone. Once when I just said yes so I wouldn't have to hear any snide opinions, the lady responded with "I can tell, he's thriving". Yes, strange woman in Target, he is: ON SIMILAC.

Moral of the story is: I'm not breastfeeding, and my baby is amazing, and no, he hasn't turned to plastic yet. So yes, I AM MOM ENOUGH.

aaaand end rant. sorry for the typo's.

You go girl! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Many will say your baby isn't gonna be healthy or is going to be a serial killer if you don't breastfeed. It's time to break these myths. Good luck to you!
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Yeah I mean, the picture is super posed. I like that she freely admits her method is not for everyone.
    Yeah, I liked how she talked about it also. When she speaks about it and you listen to what she is saying and then look at that cover again, it kinda makes me irritated that Time specifically wanted her to look so militant because she clearly isnt like that in person so it seems. But I do also get that they wanted to get attention.

I've been mistaken for being pregnant 3 times. I do have issues with bloating, 1 time I had been grazing on samples all day at the Natural Food Expo so I looked very puffy. The other two times were at work. One guy was drunk, so he wasn't in his right mind. The other people asked me if I was pregnant, then asked if I had recently had a baby. They were embarrassed, but I laughed it off. I'm not overweight and with that last story, I really didn't look pregnant at all at the time (looked in the mirror, I'm honest with myself). Always best to not ask, even if it's obvious.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    I tend to carry my weight in my stomach and stay pretty thin all over. I have been asked multiple times if I'm pregnant I had one mom at a daycare ask me repeatedly. She would even gasp and rub my belly. The last time, I slapped her hand away and yelled at her. After 5 times in one month, you would think the bitch would know better!
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Thread Information